***1st Week of December Thread ADR Plans, Park Hours, and dealing with Pop Warner***

Hey quick question:

I just received an email from Disney. It said that my resort reservation number was changed "due to the implementation of a new resort package reservation system"

Did anyone get this also? Kind of frustrating (ok not really) because I had my old one memorized. Just a little OCD I suppose.

Edit: just found a thread that was started today about this. Seems everyone with a package (as opposed to room-only) got a new res.#
People who have a package have reported getting this email. We have a room only reservation and didn't get an email.

Weird...I have a package and didn't get an email. Maybe because I booked through a TA?
I'm sure that your TA would be notified by Disney. If you check your MDE account then you would be able to see if your reservation number is different.

So I just saw Fantastic Beasts and I loved it!!! So much fun! And such a great cast!
I can't wait to see that movie. Somehow we'll work it into our Thanksgiving weekend activities. ::yes::

Ugghh, delta changed my flights down. Originally I was flying right into jfk and then heading down, so I could do security in YHZ. Now I have to cross the country to Toronto and then head down. Pushes me back quite a bit and now I'll have to cancel my jbjb dessert party...
I'm also concerned because my luggage tags have already arrived. I hope it doesn't mess any thing up.
My departure flight was originally for 5pm, now delta changed it to 11am. Now I miss a whole day shopping, and need to fit it into my park days since others in my party need to shop.. After paying for this trip I have zero shopping dollars

I'm also concerned because my luggage tags have already arrived. I hope it doesn't mess any thing up.
My departure flight was originally for 5pm, now delta changed it to 11am.

Magical Express is used to flights times changing. All they care about is if your name is on their list for that day. The luggage tag has your resort reservation number on it, which is how your luggage is routed to your resort room. As long as you don't change your arrival day or resort then your current luggage tags will be fine. :)

Magical Express is used to flights times changing. All they care about is if your name is on their list for that day. The luggage tag has your resort reservation number on it, which is how your luggage is routed to your resort room. As long as you don't change your arrival day or resort then your current luggage tags will be fine. :)
And as long as the new reservation numbers don't mess things up lol

Ugghh, delta changed my flights down. Originally I was flying right into jfk and then heading down, so I could do security in YHZ. Now I have to cross the country to Toronto and then head down. Pushes me back quite a bit and now I'll have to cancel my jbjb dessert party...
My departure flight was originally for 5pm, now delta changed it to 11am. Now I miss a whole day shopping, and need to fit it into my park days since others in my party need to shop.. After paying for this trip I have zero shopping dollars
Sucks about your flight changes and that you have to cancel jbjb! :( I'm flying out of Toronto on the30th. Hope westjet sticks to the flight times!

We leave 12/1......so excited.
I even started "that" basket of Laundry that doesn't get put aways because it's all going. Still have a list of this to get. window decorations are one of them. mine will be birthday themed.
We didn't do a lot of ADRS this time, which was the plan. Of course now I'm rethinking that, but seriously it's not like are are going to starve

It was so crazy! Gotta admit though, it was fun doing my run with the crazy gusty winds and a little rain/sleet/snow at the end! lol

So I just saw Fantastic Beasts and I loved it!!! So much fun! And such a great cast! Now it really is time to clean, ugh. I've found Mythbusters and Harry Potter 7: Pt. 1 to flip between, lol, so that'll make it a little better!
i know it is PG 13 but do you think this is appropriate for my kiddo? i need to do more research, he is dying to see it since he just saw the first Harry Potter and fell in love.

So earlier today I was able to pick up an earlier Tusker House breakfast ADR on 12/3! Now I think the flow will be a bit better. :thumbsup2

Also....as a complete fluke I was able to pick up an ADR for the Wishes Holiday dessert party on 12/8! :Pinkbounc:Pinkbounc I had been on the fence but took it as a sign when I was able to find availability!
So glad you'll be joining us at the party!!!

i know it is PG 13 but do you think this is appropriate for my kiddo? i need to do more research, he is dying to see it since he just saw the first Harry Potter and fell in love.

I saw it today too and I think it would be OK. The main thing is violence. But the violence in this movie was much more mellow compared to the HP movies #4-8 IMO. If he has only seen Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, this movie is a bit more dark than that one. This shouldn't be a spoiler to the movie, but there is a dark plot line of an adoptive mother/creepy lady who whips a teenage boy with a belt, but you never see it. It is only implied and referred to.

Hey everyone,
I am on this morning to do a little check in before the girls are awake. I haven't been on here in weeks, due to my choice to avoid as much screen time as possible :( It was really getting very bad for me, and it was affecting my family :( I had to make a decision to remove a few apps ( including this one) so I could recharge . Also had to avoid social media with the upcoming and the days after the election. Still haven't been on Facebook in months for that reason, really. So I apologize for not being commited to the FB group :) It was nice actually, but I do miss hearing about everyone's last few weeks!

I dind;t get a chance to read through everything, but for the past couple of pages or so...

@JamieOak I think you're one of the first of the pack to head down?! I'm so excited for you! And like @Wood Nymph said, I feel like a lot of people will be busy with their families, but it would be so great to see some posts for everyone already at the parks next week!!!!

@Candycane83 that stinks about your order, and I hope they get it resolved :( ( it might already be, sorry! ) I know you do have some special stuff for your little guy to wear at Disney :)

@Talby I think you were able to get a BOG ressie for someone? Maybe Wood Nymph!? I love how exciting it STILL is to get a great reservation :) I'm going to miss that :(

@DisneyBelle27 you're hair is AMAZING!!!! I would love to do that someday!!!! The colors are gorgeous

@areno79 I hope you are feeling 100% better this morning. At least we've had some mild weather up here!

@Mintycake congrats on cleaning up the adrs!! For me that has been a very hard thing to do :) I still have a couple that I just can't let go of yet. I don't need that anxiety once we're there...so I actually have a dumping date on my calendar of when I'm committing myself to it ;)

I'm also really sorry for those Universal price changes :( That is really disappointing. Hopefully they have some cool new stuff to make up for the increase.., or put something a bit stronger in the butterbeer.

How fun that you're all doing a Christmas ornament exchange! What a nice way to kick off the trip!!!

Hope you are all well, and I'll try to check in more often in the next few days/ weeks!!
I totally get it. I have not really kept up with this thread... I am so in my own head about a few things right now that I kind of skim and retain nothing and then I feel like a big jerk for not really engaging on the level I should be. FB is a little easier for me to keep up with because the volume is so low but when political stuff starts going through my feed I get off it for a day again, I can't take it still.

glad you checked back in here. it's going to be a very busy 2 weeks for me, I won't be around very much either... but I can't stay totally away.

I saw it today too and I think it would be OK. The main thing is violence. But the violence in this movie was much more mellow compared to the HP movies #4-8 IMO. If he has only seen Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, this movie is a bit more dark than that one. This shouldn't be a spoiler to the movie, but there is a dark plot line of an adoptive mother/creepy lady who whips a teenage boy with a belt, but you never see it. It is only implied and referred to.
oh thanks for that. He has only seen the first HP and I think at least the second would be ok. I showed him the neverending story tonight having not seen it in decades myself and had completely forgotten that the storyline starts with a kid who is having trouble because his mother died (death is a HUGE source of anxiety for him) so I thought that was going to throw him over the edge but he seemed to kind of just let it pass by or maybe he didn't catch the implication. He was a little sad when the horse died but I told him not to worry, the movie had a happy ending. So all in all he was fine with it. I think that kind of implied stuff would go over his head and I think he is accustomed enough to "comic book violence" type of stuff that it doesn't really bother him. It is the emotional stuff he is sensitive to if that makes any sense.

oh thanks for that. He has only seen the first HP and I think at least the second would be ok. I showed him the neverending story tonight having not seen it in decades myself and had completely forgotten that the storyline starts with a kid who is having trouble because his mother died (death is a HUGE source of anxiety for him) so I thought that was going to throw him over the edge but he seemed to kind of just let it pass by or maybe he didn't catch the implication. He was a little sad when the horse died but I told him not to worry, the movie had a happy ending. So all in all he was fine with it. I think that kind of implied stuff would go over his head and I think he is accustomed enough to "comic book violence" type of stuff that it doesn't really bother him. It is the emotional stuff he is sensitive to if that makes any sense.

Neverending story is one of those movies that I think back on now and think "Man that was pretty dark and deep for a kid's movie!" I think to this day I cannot watch Artex drown in the swamp of sadness without crying. There was a lot of fun in the Fantastic Beasts movie. Most of the violence is the "comic book violence" type of stuff with creatures destroying buildings and whatnot. No gore, no adult language, no real sexual stuff. Just enough violence, love story, and comedy to make it an all around good movie.

We leave Thursday night. 4 days from now! Universal 11/25-11/27, WDW 11/27-12/4. I feel very unprepared. I wanted to do a trip report, I just need to find time! I will be posting a lot to Facebook mostly, but I'll try to post here too when I can.
OMG so exciting.

I won't do a TR but I do tend to live post on FB a lot, as any of you who have followed me as of late know. My kiddo has a lot of fans, old friends of mine and relatives as well as new friends who enjoy him nearly as much as I do, so I can't let his fan club down with cute photos and things he says while on disney lol. If anyone is interested and wants to send a friend request, I'm game. have picked up a few already that I hope to keep in touch with forever and ever now, lol :)

I am going to do a dining report at the end of it though, with kiddo's take on what he has too. should be interesting.

My 6yo liked it, nothing too scary, at least none of the beasts are scary, if anything they were his favorite part. We also took our 3yo to the screening. I expected to leave within the hour but she did really well and fell asleep during the 3rd act. She had seen Moana, and Trolls in the theater during the previous week, so she must've been used to the experience

OMG so exciting.

I won't do a TR but I do tend to live post on FB a lot, as any of you who have followed me as of late know. My kiddo has a lot of fans, old friends of mine and relatives as well as new friends who enjoy him nearly as much as I do, so I can't let his fan club down with cute photos and things he says while on disney lol. If anyone is interested and wants to send a friend request, I'm game. have picked up a few already that I hope to keep in touch with forever and ever now, lol :)

I am going to do a dining report at the end of it though, with kiddo's take on what he has too. should be interesting.

It was exciting to think about most of the day...but now DH and I are both feeling that we are getting sick. He's off work all week to get things done around the house. I have 2 more days to get through before I'm free.

And we both have dentist appointments tomorrow. Double yuck.

Hi - we missed you!! @rasadkowski and @Party.Of.4-NY>>>FL

Everyone crazy busy and down to just a few days until leaving for a few of the group!! I really hope everyone has awesome trips!! I know most of us will be checking in on our phones and tablets while we're there so we'll get some real time updates :flower:

I'm one of the crazy ones with tons of stuff to do and not enough time. I'm stressed more about Thanksgiving since I'm not finished cleaning and haven't done any shopping yet. I do have the menu planned and grocery list almost ready.

My DH says "I think I'm getting sick on Thursday..." and now is coughing all over. I've been taking zinc and vitamin c and praying that I don't get anything. :worship:

It was exciting to think about most of the day...but now DH and I are both feeling that we are getting sick. He's off work all week to get things done around the house. I have 2 more days to get through before I'm free.

And we both have dentist appointments tomorrow. Double yuck.
Oh no! Hope you guys don't get sick! I know there's a lot to do but make sure to get enough rest too :) and OmG, 3 days!!! I will say that I'm excited to see your pictures :D

Oh no! Hope you guys don't get sick! I know there's a lot to do but make sure to get enough rest too :) and OmG, 3 days!!! I will say that I'm excited to see your pictures :D

It's official, we are both sick with colds. :sad: We just have to power through it! I wish I didn't have so much to do at work. I would totally leave.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter