***1st Week of December Thread ADR Plans, Park Hours, and dealing with Pop Warner***

I almost didn't recognize you with your new profile pic! So festive, I love it.

I probably will have to post for advice soon. I have something like 5 BOG ADRs to pick one from and no ADRs in Disney Springs. I'm quite certain I want to drop the BOG dinner on my MVMCP night, that is an easy decision since now I have others to pick from. Hopefully some of you awesome folks are around this weekend to help me!
It's from the Disney parks blog :D

We'll be here waiting! :) I don't think you need an ADR for Disney Springs, lots of places to eat without one. If you do want a reservation, make it on opentable, more flexible.

11 days to go and I woke up with a cold. I knew it was coming. :-( At least I will get better by the time we leave?:crazy2::guilty::sad2:

LOL, yes, either that or the sustainable fish or the heads on shrimp... :D Your poor child will get traumatized with me! Do not order chicken feet at Chinese dimsum! :rotfl:
Dim Sum is not for him. I took bf, his kids and his cousins on a day in NYC and his oldest ate a whole order of chicken feet. we have lots of pictures. white people are so goofy, lol. I have tried them before (I grew up in an area with a fair number of chinese immigrants and some of my best friends were chinese... their parents didn't speak english but always welcomed me into their homes like family and I have at least tried a lot of weird asian foods because of it) but I do not like the texture. I'm not grossed out by what it is, I do not like gelatinous textures at all though.

my son will not even eat white rice or dumplings. What kid won't eat those things? he will eat hummus though, lol. I am not complaining - 2 years ago he lived on mac and cheese at disney. And pasta with butter. he had ravioli with butter at Kona Cafe (now gone). And mickey waffles and bacon. and corn dogs. I literally could not go anywhere that did not have mac and cheese on the menu and it was not as limiting as it could be other places, but still limited. He would eat some meat but not if there was a sign of seasoning or a grill mark on it. buffets were great because mac and cheese could be a side, with some carved meat (no grill marks) and a few corn dog bites and a roll and butter and I felt like he was eating a more complete meal (if not that much healthier lol). We also did CA Grill and he loved it because they made him pizza without sauce (basically open faced grilled cheese lol). molten cheese is one of his major food groups.

NOW he gets pissy if his meat does not have grill marks on it because he isn't sure it's actually cooked, lol. He will eat any grilled meat - steak, chicken or pork, which opens up pretty much any restaurant with the mickey check meals. But I tried to pick ones with sides he would eat. I am kind of hoping that narcoossees "potato puffs" are tater tots.

Last edited:
I thought I was the only person this happened to! :sad2: Seriously happens every time we travel, and every time I notify them by phone and in the bank branch. We actually had a situation last year where we tried to check into our resort in the Dominican Republic and my cc was declined! I spent a very stressful 1/2 hour trying to call an 800 number from another country (no small feat if you don't speak the language fluently), before I finally got it all straightened out. In hindsight, most of the trip was a bust. Despite being at a beautiful beach resort, the trip started off with chaos in the airport baggage claim when a fight broke out, a private transfer where the driver couldn't find the hotel, and when we were getting dropped off at the lobby, a car next to us literally blew up and caught on fire! The worst part of the trip is I ended up getting one mosquito bite that infected me with the chikungunya virus (it's similar to dengue or Zika.)
Yeah...I won't be going back to the DR any time soon after that disaster. LOL

Nope, you aren't the only one and it's just par for the course at this point. Oh my gosh, that just sounds awful. I'm one who usually wants to re-do bad trips, but not that one. Hope this one is just perfectly magical!

I am landing at 10am on Friday and spending night at AKL kidani and OOP. Next day I check into BWV for 4 nights and am doing the DxDDP but spreading the credits over 5 full days. On wednesday I am checking out of BWV, checking into Poly villas but using my credits that day. So then paying OOP Thursday and Friday and breakfast Saturday morning. Kiddo has an AP so it turns out that a bunch of my stuff is 20% off - Skipper Canteen, Sanaa, Whispering Canyon breakfast are all less expensive and additional 20% off. I will probably end up paying less than a QS at Skipper Canteen since I am leaning toward the arepas appetizer as my meal and it is only $9.50. The 20% off will make the tip a wash there. My expensive things like H&V Seasonal Dine with F! and Narcoosees planned lobster are all under DxDDP.

I think people are just ticked about the menu change but I am ok with it. The thing is I do not think that they planned well for adding the AYCTE which is extending people's meals and now they are getting VERY backed up. I do not want to wait 45 minutes to be seated on my very first day! So that is more my concern. But yes there are about a half dozen things on the SC menu I'd like to try. I am kind of between the pork and the arepas. The arepas look SO good, I love plantains and I am thinking it would be a different flavor profile entirely than my following meals at Sanaa, Tusker House, Yak & Yeti. The rest of my choices would be pretty similar to Y&Y in flavor profile and more asian than south american. Also it's cheap and will leave room for dessert! $9.50 for what looks better than any CS meal at twice that price.

as you can see, highly leaning that way. I just don't like my choices taken away from me lol.

I'm feeling the same about LTT - worried about the wait. I have a late lunch ADR one day and was hoping to just pop in for the dessert, but no way do I want to wait 30 minutes or more just to be seated for a dessert. I'm sure it's good, but it's not THAT good. There are so many other treats that will be new to me, I can live without that one. I do worry it'll be off the menu by the time we make it back to wdw, but still, it's ONE dessert out of so many good ones available all over Disney World.

Dim Sum is not for him. I took bf, his kids and his cousins on a day in NYC and his oldest ate a whole order of chicken feet. we have lots of pictures. white people are so goofy, lol. I have tried them before (I grew up in an area with a fair number of chinese immigrants and some of my best friends were chinese... their parents didn't speak english but always welcomed me into their homes like family and I have at least tried a lot of weird asian foods because of it) but I do not like the texture. I'm not grossed out by what it is, I do not like gelatinous textures at all though.

my son will not even eat white rice or dumplings. What kid won't eat those things? he will eat hummus though, lol. I am not complaining - 2 years ago he lived on mac and cheese at disney. And pasta with butter. he had ravioli with butter at Kona Cafe (now gone). And mickey waffles and bacon. and corn dogs. I literally could not go anywhere that did not have mac and cheese on the menu and it was not as limiting as it could be other places, but still limited. He would eat some meat but not if there was a sign of seasoning or a grill mark on it. buffets were great because mac and cheese could be a side, with some carved meat (no grill marks) and a few corn dog bites and a roll and butter and I felt like he was eating a more complete meal (if not that much healthier lol). We also did CA Grill and he loved it because they made him pizza without sauce (basically open faced grilled cheese lol). molten cheese is one of his major food groups.

NOW he gets pissy if his meat does not have grill marks on it because he isn't sure it's actually cooked, lol. He will eat any grilled meat - steak, chicken or pork, which opens up pretty much any restaurant with the mickey check meals. But I tried to pick ones with sides he would eat. I am kind of hoping that narcoossees "potato puffs" are tater tots.
That's great his food choices are growing! But as long as he eats, I'm sure you will be happy. I'm sure he would eat the steak at Narcoosee's? Youre making me want to check the menu. Maybe you could get him the lobster mac and cheese ;) That seems to get rave reviews there. Too funny he gets pissy when there are no grill marks on his meat!

Also my concern when we go to Disney and my son would refuse to eat anything. (I think it;s every parent;s nightmare. LOL.) In DS's case, all he wants is white rice! Barely touches mac and cheese, pizza, never had a burger or hotdog. :scared1: In my case, I pick places with chicken and seafood. Hoping they have steamed veggies in most places too

Chicken feet are one of my DD's favorite treats! She's an odd child. She won't eat chocolate, cheese, hamburgers, or hot dogs but she loves chicken feet and gizzards.
Ohhh! Nice! I'm hoping DS would be open to eat everything too. So far, I know he eats duck and eel. Loves chocolate and candy. :P But then again, I probably have to try to get him to eat hamburgers and hotdogs, LOL

I'm feeling the same about LTT - worried about the wait. I have a late lunch ADR one day and was hoping to just pop in for the dessert, but no way do I want to wait 30 minutes or more just to be seated for a dessert. I'm sure it's good, but it's not THAT good. There are so many other treats that will be new to me, I can live without that one. I do worry it'll be off the menu by the time we make it back to wdw, but still, it's ONE dessert out of so many good ones available all over Disney World.
Yup. I was jazzed to score the ADR because it is a nostalgic favorite. I went with my parents one year I think in my early 20's (so like 20 years ago ack) and we did the character dinner there when they used to have characters in colonial costumes. it was super cute, I am not sure why they got rid of it. My parents are simple eaters so they loved the thanksgiving. I have a bunch of mugs from there and we always hit it for lunch but I haven't been in a good 10 years or so, so was looking forward to it for that reasons.

But skipper canteen is great theming, interesting menu, and something completely new to me (I used to go so much there is not much that is completely new). The deal breaker on that one had always been the kiddo as the kids' menu was awful. I honestly do not get why Disney can't be smarter on their kids menus universally. offer 2 mickey check, 2 "kid food" standards (some kind of pasta or mac and cheese and some kind of tenders or burger) and 2 mini versions of signature meals from the restaurant. WHY is that so hard? I don't get it! Allow people to mix and match sides as necessary (mine won't eat the healthy sides but will often eat the healthy entree). anyway the addition of classic mac and cheese makes it all possible now and the kid volcano dessert is hands down one of the most fun kid TS desserts out there.

Yup. I was jazzed to score the ADR because it is a nostalgic favorite. I went with my parents one year I think in my early 20's (so like 20 years ago ack) and we did the character dinner there when they used to have characters in colonial costumes. it was super cute, I am not sure why they got rid of it. My parents are simple eaters so they loved the thanksgiving. I have a bunch of mugs from there and we always hit it for lunch but I haven't been in a good 10 years or so, so was looking forward to it for that reasons.

But skipper canteen is great theming, interesting menu, and something completely new to me (I used to go so much there is not much that is completely new). The deal breaker on that one had always been the kiddo as the kids' menu was awful. I honestly do not get why Disney can't be smarter on their kids menus universally. offer 2 mickey check, 2 "kid food" standards (some kind of pasta or mac and cheese and some kind of tenders or burger) and 2 mini versions of signature meals from the restaurant. WHY is that so hard? I don't get it! Allow people to mix and match sides as necessary (mine won't eat the healthy sides but will often eat the healthy entree). anyway the addition of classic mac and cheese makes it all possible now and the kid volcano dessert is hands down one of the most fun kid TS desserts out there.

Yes to everything you said about kids meals! And double-yes to the dessert! My son was so sad last time, watching all of us eat our delicious-looking desserts while all he got was a cookie or an ice cream sundae or something. Of course we shared, but that wasn't the point to him. I'm glad to know there is a restaurant that has a fun dessert for kids, even though we won't be able to eat there this time.

@Lisa F since you mentioned Nacoosee's a while ago, I decided to check the menu again, seems like they have some changes in case you didn't know yet. Shrimp and grits are back on the appetizer menu and they have 2 lobster choices on the mains now.

That's great his food choices are growing! But as long as he eats, I'm sure you will be happy. I'm sure he would eat the steak at Narcoosee's? Youre making me want to check the menu. Maybe you could get him the lobster mac and cheese ;) That seems to get rave reviews there. Too funny he gets pissy when there are no grill marks on his meat!

Also my concern when we go to Disney and my son would refuse to eat anything. (I think it;s every parent;s nightmare. LOL.) In DS's case, all he wants is white rice! Barely touches mac and cheese, pizza, never had a burger or hotdog. :scared1: In my case, I pick places with chicken and seafood. Hoping they have steamed veggies in most places too

he is eating OOP at narcoossees so if he wants the mac and cheese i'm fine with it, lol. Yeah I am hoping he will get the steak with potato puffs instead of roasted potatoes (we are not up to those yet) but I will let him order what he wants. he won't eat any of the apps. We are only doing a handful of restaurants that are not buffets on DxDDP though and he won't touch most of the apps, which is fine, I left them out of my calculus. If some of them allow a second adult app we MIGHT do that but it seems like way too much food even if we both share (the only place is really Sci Fi where he might be interested in the wings but if he eats those that will be lunch and he won't eat a main meal). I have been eating a lot less (stress caused me to not eat a couple of days and my stomach shrank and I am right now trying hard not to grow it again :P) so we are going to be wasting a LOT of food. I just forced myself to finish a yogurt parfait for breakfast and it was tough. Oh well, it is paid for and quality of vacation over quantity, right?

I am THRILLED to see that the soft shell crab is finally off the menu and the bbq shrimp is back on at narcoossees... I really wanted that but then soft shell crabs came into season. They have been out of season for a while now so I was wondering why the stupid thing was still on the menu, lol. Glad to see it is gone and the shrimp is back just in time woowoo. But right now I want to puke thinking about all of that food! At narcoossees I'm also planning to get the press pot coffee for my beverage and a glass or two of wine with dinner. why not live a little? lol. they have my favorite reisling on the menu, the chateau st. michelle eroica. I know that they do pairings there too so I might see what they recommend but I really LOVE reisling.

For CA Grill we will be on the DxDDP and I am wondering if they will allow him an adult meal. If they do it will be very interesting for sure.. I might just end up having him get a plain filet and see if they can do some plain pasta on the side (or even mac and cheese, it's $9 for a full kids meal, I would pay that just to have him happy esp if he is getting the adult filet on the DDP) rather than the kid's tenderloin. It will depend entirely on how flexible they are. He may just choose to eat off the kid's menu anyway.

For Sci Fi he will eat off the kid's menu though I think they may be willing to make him a larger portion if he wants it.

for coral reef I think he will have to eat off the kid's menu because it is the CP package.

For Sanaa I am going to get him a grilled chicken breast off the mickey check meal and pay for the $3 mac and cheese side.

for Y&Y he will get the chicken teriyaki breast with fries on the side (it is not on the menu for kids but it is on the menu for adults and have heard you can get it by request)

everything else is buffet/aycte which is really the best with him.

@Lisa F since you mentioned Nacoosee's a while ago, I decided to check the menu again, seems like they have some changes in case you didn't know yet. Shrimp and grits are back on the appetizer menu and they have 2 lobster choices on the mains now.
I did notice the shrimp and grits but did not notice the twin lobster tails. That is VERY tempting. I know they say the claw meat is more flavorful but I prefer the tail. and the reviews on the butter poached lobster tail add on and with the surf and turf are always so good. Same sides. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm lol

OK you guys asked for it! My notes first, then the spreadsheet pictures. Any and all advice/critique welcome.

11/27: Resort crawl...still very unplanned and needs some work. I have Ohana ADRs for 3:30pm, 5:10pm, or 9:10pm. I also have a Cali Grill for 9:30pm that if we keep that will not be a full meal, but apps/desserts and viewing fireworks. I was planning to snack along the resort tour, but this ended up being the day I could get the best fitting Ohana ADR I think.

11/28: AK day. Considering cancelling Flying Fish dinner. Then either leave this unplanned and we get some QS dinner item (pizza at Boardwalk maybe) or throw some Disney Springs time in here.

11/29: I wanted to transition to Epcot earlier than this is showing. But this is currently my "keeper" BOG dinner. I moved my Le Cellier from 11/29 dinner to 11/30 lunch to accommodate this and we will only snack around the WS for dinner on 11/29.

11/30: Unsure of the Garden Grill PPO. I did want to eat here, but that's a lot of food early in the morning. We want to hit up Soarin first so hopefully this would give us a good spot for that. Thinking of hitting up WL before heading to MK for the night. I'm assuming we won't get to WL on our first day of resort touring.

12/1: Pretty set here, but need to make a MVMCP plan.

12/2: Pretty set here. Have 2 HBD lunch ADRs to choose from...12:40 or 1:55.

12/3: This day has always been a mess for me. JBJB is set. I could do AK or EP in the morning. After JBJB I could do EP, MK, or DS. I have 2 BOG dinner ADRs in case: 8:15pm and 9:55pm. If I decide to do BOG dinner here, I would change 11/29 to more Epcot time and less MK time. At Disney Springs I've been drooling over Homecoming Kitchen reviews lately. Advice welcome!

12/4: Last day. :( I'm debating what my last dinner should be. I have a 7:40 Rose & Crown, but I'm thinking maybe Restaurant Marrakesh or Spice Road Table.

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

he is eating OOP at narcoossees so if he wants the mac and cheese i'm fine with it, lol. Yeah I am hoping he will get the steak with potato puffs instead of roasted potatoes (we are not up to those yet) but I will let him order what he wants. he won't eat any of the apps. We are only doing a handful of restaurants that are not buffets on DxDDP though and he won't touch most of the apps, which is fine, I left them out of my calculus. If some of them allow a second adult app we MIGHT do that but it seems like way too much food even if we both share (the only place is really Sci Fi where he might be interested in the wings but if he eats those that will be lunch and he won't eat a main meal). I have been eating a lot less (stress caused me to not eat a couple of days and my stomach shrank and I am right now trying hard not to grow it again :P) so we are going to be wasting a LOT of food. I just forced myself to finish a yogurt parfait for breakfast and it was tough. Oh well, it is paid for and quality of vacation over quantity, right?

I am THRILLED to see that the soft shell crab is finally off the menu and the bbq shrimp is back on at narcoossees... I really wanted that but then soft shell crabs came into season. They have been out of season for a while now so I was wondering why the stupid thing was still on the menu, lol. Glad to see it is gone and the shrimp is back just in time woowoo. But right now I want to puke thinking about all of that food! At narcoossees I'm also planning to get the press pot coffee for my beverage and a glass or two of wine with dinner. why not live a little? lol. they have my favorite reisling on the menu, the chateau st. michelle eroica. I know that they do pairings there too so I might see what they recommend but I really LOVE reisling.

For CA Grill we will be on the DxDDP and I am wondering if they will allow him an adult meal. If they do it will be very interesting for sure.. I might just end up having him get a plain filet and see if they can do some plain pasta on the side (or even mac and cheese, it's $9 for a full kids meal, I would pay that just to have him happy esp if he is getting the adult filet on the DDP) rather than the kid's tenderloin. It will depend entirely on how flexible they are. He may just choose to eat off the kid's menu anyway.

For Sci Fi he will eat off the kid's menu though I think they may be willing to make him a larger portion if he wants it.

for coral reef I think he will have to eat off the kid's menu because it is the CP package.

For Sanaa I am going to get him a grilled chicken breast off the mickey check meal and pay for the $3 mac and cheese side.

for Y&Y he will get the chicken teriyaki breast with fries on the side (it is not on the menu for kids but it is on the menu for adults and have heard you can get it by request)

I did notice the shrimp and grits but did not notice the twin lobster tails. That is VERY tempting. I know they say the claw meat is more flavorful but I prefer the tail. and the reviews on the butter poached lobster tail add on and with the surf and turf are always so good. Same sides. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm lol

Haha, since DS is eating off my plate I will be on a mainly fish and shrimp diet this trip. DH can get all the steak he wants. But for Narcoosee's I think he would go with one of the lobster choices. I can see him wanting the butter poached one. :P I will go with the scallops per katsoney's recommendation :) She raved about it so I think it's worth trying. so much food though... hahhh.. I'm not sure how we won't feel like puking after all this! LOL

When my two boys were your son's age, buffets were the only way to go, so I hear ya! The only ts we did that we managed to pull off that wasn't a buffet was CSI fi...but that hardly counts!

Haha, since DS is eating off my plate I will be on a mainly fish and shrimp diet this trip. DH can get all the steak he wants. But for Narcoosee's I think he would go with one of the lobster choices. I can see him wanting the butter poached one. :P I will go with the scallops per katsoney's recommendation :) She raved about it so I think it's worth trying. so much food though... hahhh.. I'm not sure how we won't feel like puking after all this! LOL
I just asked about the lobster on the restaurant board. I make scallops at home a lot. The bay scallops that are harvested here locally in season are TO DIE FOR. so sweet and buttery. I love sea scallops too and they are so easy to make (we pan sear in ghee) and for $16.50 for a pound it is a nice "special occasion at home" dinner and much less than eating out. I am never inclined to order things out that I can make so easily at home (I know it is a different prep). But as I said on the restaurant thread, even though lobster is "cheaper" here it's not "cheap" and I don't indulge much. I have a few lobster rolls when they are plentiful in the summer and I will on occasion go to a take out seafood joint and get a steamed lobster if they are running a special but even in new england, a nice restaurant presentation of lobster is in the $40's and I never spend that on an entree for myself eating out (and bf is cheap, if we even went to a nice place he'd be complaining about the prices and we'd be sharing and he would not be buying my princess self lobster!) so even though I live in new england, my lobster experience is limited to thrown in a styrofoam container and cracking the whole thing myself and making a huge mess as water pours out of it and down my arms. I'm looking forward to treating myself to an elegant lobster dinner even if I have to fly to florida to get it dammit!

When my two boys were your son's age, buffets were the only way to go, so I hear ya! The only ts we did that we managed to pull off that wasn't a buffet was CSI fi...but that hardly counts!
yeah buffets are easiest but we are not doing a lot for dinner, mostly breakfast. I think because we are doing the 2TS a day and I tended to book character meals I did not for dinner because 2 buffets in a day is a LOT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter