***1st Week of December Thread ADR Plans, Park Hours, and dealing with Pop Warner***

Are u ping jbjb then California grill? I don't think California grill is very strict with their dress code, it's the same for all signatures. can't think of it off the top of my head but I think I'm going to a couple of signatures and I think I will just go with a shirt and leggings or dark jeans. :)
I know I'm going to jbjb, then the california grill res popped up, and for 9:15 and i thought, hey, that would be fun. But it might be to much with jbjb, and it being my arrival day?? I feel like i might being trying to cram 10 days worth of stuff into 5 days..

who elses auto correct does not like jbjb? lol i either get jujub, or jamb

White mac n cheese? My dd might eat that! (She won't eat orange mac n cheese). We are doing SC and I was planning to have the fish and dd could have my rice and I'd order her fruit.
this is a pic I found, looks like good mac and cheese! (no more bechamel or spicy meat). my kid would hit that!

SCF9686910-600x401.jpg

Last edited:
Has anyone combined gift cards before? Like combining 5 x $25 ones onto 1 card? I would think it would be easier than carrying 5 cards, but is there any "taking a chance" the card might now work. I'm probably over thinking this. i'm sure it's fine to combine them and they'll work. Should I only combine a few or is 1 or 2 big ones better? I saw the limit was $1000 per card.
I had combined my cards into two cards, just so that I had a second card to use in case I had lost one. It is easy to transfer balances online from one card to another, which makes them feel safe to use. They were handy to use at kiosks because you didn't have to enter your pin number like you do when using a MB. The one thing I didn't like, though, is that you don't have a record of your charges when using a gift card like you do when using your MB or regular credit card. I used my gift cards for Food & Wine transactions mostly and they were very convenient and faster than any other payment method.

@justcin711, you are hosting Thanksgiving--can people bring a dish to help out (if they aren't already)?
Are you doing the Christmas tree as well? Maybe have a "decorate the tree after I feed you Thanksgiving dinner" party?:D

Yay for the trip being soon! pixiedust: I always put music on to help me get a lot of stuff done when I am not feeling so motivated or feeling too stressed. :dancer:

I'm hosting and unfortunately my guests are not the cooking type so it will all fall to me...truth is I really enjoy hosting the holidays but in past years I only worked part-time so I was able to give myself some extra time to get everything done.

Yes the tree is going up Thanksgiving whether my guests want to help or not...may have to threaten no football if they don't help :)

She may eat that. Depends on taste and texture. If not, I will!
kiddo was asking for pics of things on the adult menu so i told him I was going to get the whole lionfish and he gagged, lol (yes I'm kind of mean sometimes). Then I showed him the char siu pork and he was like "um that looks really yummy!" he loves grilled meats especially with some kind of sweet sauce/glaze like bbq or teriyaki and he might enjoy the flavors of that so I might order it and give him a piece of the pork to supplement his mac and cheese. he won't touch that broccoli, I'll have to trade him. Maybe they will throw me another piece of the chinese broccoli, they seem kind of skimpy on that.

Well, the deed is done. I've cancelled our JBJB dessert party. Many thanks to everyone who worked so hard to help us score the reservation in the first place!! I hope there aren't any hard feelings about that. :grouphug: I'm so happy there's still a big group from this thread going that night. Hope you all have a wonderful time!

Well, the deed is done. I've cancelled our JBJB dessert party. Many thanks to everyone who worked so hard to help us score the reservation in the first place!! I hope there aren't any hard feelings about that. :grouphug: I'm so happy there's still a big group from this thread going that night. Hope you all have a wonderful time!
You can grab a treat and a drink and have your own party!

it's a lot of moolah. you gotta do what you gotta, but we will miss you.

Don't forget to notify your bank(s) that you are traveling! I can do it online for mine.

I got a call this afternoon from American Express for fraudulent charges on my account. They caught them instantly and called me within a minute. It was on my husband's card (4th or 5th time this has happened to us!). It happened in August/September as well. So annoying because they cancelled the card and we won't get another one until Saturday. I pray this doesn't happen to us again while we are on our trip. It would stink to not have our card!

Just completed our online check in and combined some gift cards. Only $200 on 2 cards, one for me and one for DH. The rest will can pay cash or charge to the magic bands (for the last 4 days at least). 19 days to go I can't believe it's almost here. I was trying to set aside the baby's stuff tonight. I got 5 short outfits and his pj's aside so far. Not much progress. But I did realize i have to order him some dark gray or black shorts for his "Original Mouseketeer" onesie. Oh and I washed all his take and toss sippy cups so those can be packed. Hey I may be throwing my stuff in a bag the night before but at least the baby will be fully prepared.

I got a call this afternoon from American Express for fraudulent charges on my account. They caught them instantly and called me within a minute. It was on my husband's card (4th or 5th time this has happened to us!). It happened in August/September as well. So annoying because they cancelled the card and we won't get another one until Saturday. I pray this doesn't happen to us again while we are on our trip. It would stink to not have our card!

This stinks! Thankfully this has never happened to us (knock on wood) but it happens all the time to my moms bank card. It's so inconvenient. AMEX rocks though and that's great they caught it right away.

Ugh, sorry you have to deal with that, it's such a pain in the butt. At least they caught it though!

I have kind of a funny story about cc fraud. So, as you all know my name is Katie. The account that I handle in my job is Kroger, a massive supermarket (and other retailers) company in the US. I've never set foot in a Kroger supermarket though because they don't have them in my neck of the woods. Well, the last time my cc # was stolen someone tried to use it in a Kroger in Katy, TX. Like seriously? The first word I saw in the fraud alert text I received was 'Kroger' and I thought it was a work text, and that autocorrect had misspelled my name! Lol. I like to think that at least if the charge hadn't been caught they would have been very very indirectly contributing to my paycheck, by giving money to Kroger, who is our client :rotfl:

Have you seen a review of wishes holiday dessert party? I'm struggling to find one. Think we will keep it, but I'd love some reassurance that it's at least ok. Loved the jbjb party photos..great close ups of the food. And the drinks! But none at wishes...bummer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter