***1st Week of December Thread ADR Plans, Park Hours, and dealing with Pop Warner***

I'm contemplating having the house somewhat decorated the weekend before Thanksgiving. The tree won't be decorated but it does give me a jump start when we get home.

As crazy as it sounds, we may do something similar for Christmas as we are for turkey day. Nothing is set in stone, but we'll see.

I'm totally nuts, right?

We will have the house decorated before we leave. That's no that odd for us though. We decorate either the weekend before of the weekend after Thanksgiving.

I'm contemplating having the house somewhat decorated the weekend before Thanksgiving. The tree won't be decorated but it does give me a jump start when we get home.

As crazy as it sounds, we may do something similar for Christmas as we are for turkey day. Nothing is set in stone, but we'll see.

I'm totally nuts, right?

Nope, not crazy. Thanksgiving weekend is going to be crazy enough trying to get ready for our trip. I want to come home from vacation to a decorated house!

DH is putting the lights on the house this weekend. Obviously we won't turn them on till Thanksgiving night.

That's always the most sane thing to do. Put the lights up early when you get some nicer weather and just not turn them on until "sane" time. :D

If something's got to give, it may be the outdoor lights. We live in the country and nobody really sees it. Of course I love seeing the lights, but I need the chicken and duck pens ready for winter! That's what we are currently working on outside. So the inside decorating will take priority before the trip.

I just read this on another thread and thought it was an awesome tip! Never thought of doing this, lol, just didn't occur to me.

"One of the best tips I received was before starting out each day to take a screen shot of the plans in MDE for the day then make that my lock screen. This way I could just light up my screen (didn't even have to slide to unlock) and know what I needed to do when. This takes very little battery and no data/Wifi."
Very smart...thanks for posting...well, reposting

12/5 :( I did pick up a 12nn one so not a big deal. Still, I liked the early lunch schedule... Oh well.
My GG ressie is about 90 minutes earlier than I'd like. Ive been trying for over a month to get a slightly later one...no luck. Maybe the week of, when people are canceling to avoid the fee. Oh well, if not, we will manage.

OK, another question tonight. I thought I recalled reading that there were fast pass kiosks in the MK at city hall right when you come in. I also thought I recalled reading that those were open early for people with PPOs. However, they are not on the MK map of fast pass kiosks. Do they just not mark all the kiosks? Trying to figure out where to stop and take care of my SDFP as my counterclockwise "route" through Fantasyland doesn't take me near one until almost lunch time, at which time all the good stuff might be gone, LOL!

Bumping this. Our thread moves so fast, I think not many saw it. Do any of you know if there are still fast pass kiosks by city hall? Maybe they don't want to publicize these? I don't see them on the maps on the Disney website. I was hoping to be able to do SDFP here on our way in as the maps don't list kiosks along the counter-clockwise route we're taking through Fantasyland.

I just sat down this morning and with only 22 days to go....I needed to plan out my remaining days before the trip. Like many of you, figuring out when to bring out my Christmas decor. I've decided on the weekend before Thanksgiving.

A girl's got a lot of work to do before the trip! Hair, nails, where to fit it all? Also want to squeeze in some Disney movies and of course family time for Thanksgiving. I haven't even started a packing list.

I just sat down this morning and with only 22 days to go....I needed to plan out my remaining days before the trip. Like many of you, figuring out when to bring out my Christmas decor. I've decided on the weekend before Thanksgiving.

A girl's got a lot of work to do before the trip! Hair, nails, where to fit it all? Also want to squeeze in some Disney movies and of course family time for Thanksgiving. I haven't even started a packing list.
Just wnated to say, remember what @Lisa F said about the pedicure! :D

Has anyone else given up on ROL opening for our trips now?

Yep! Decided last night to completely give up on it! It was making me crazy because my evenings are precious and booked up (CP, MVMCP, JBJB, Minnies Holiday H&V) all that really left only one possible evening. I was going to try and move a Rose and Crown ADR, but could never find any other availability.

When am I going to find time to do this?! DH picked this out for me at Kohls while I was trying on clothes and he insisted I buy it because I love puzzles.

View attachment 205661

OMG - I want those puzzles! Going to look for them on Amazon to put on my Christmas wish list:santa:

Ok thanks. I don't know DH I was having a mental block on it. Perhaps because I'm still sick. Woke up with a slight fever this morning, and now apparently have some form of pinkeye. :sad1:

It really sucks being sick for so long! Sounds like it may be viral pink eye and you may just need to let it pass, but best to get it checked out in case it's bacterial and Antibiotics may help! Hope you feel better soon!

Bumping this. Our thread moves so fast, I think not many saw it. Do any of you know if there are still fast pass kiosks by city hall? Maybe they don't want to publicize these? I don't see them on the maps on the Disney website. I was hoping to be able to do SDFP here on our way in as the maps don't list kiosks along the counter-clockwise route we're taking through Fantasyland.
Hmm.. you're right... I actually do not see it. I know it was @Party.Of.4-NY>>>FL who posted saying there is one by city hall/ guest relations and that one is open very early (PPO). I think he saw it on the SDFP thread. I'm thinking there must be a kiosk near all guest relations?! In any case, looks like there is one at Mickey's Philharmagic at Fantasyland, not sure if you're passing by there.

@Candycane83 I think the power of google answered my own question; I found this in the FP+ thread here. It was last updated in the summer so not sure if it's changed, but it does say that the ones at City Hall are not staffed and not on the map (which I think is a good thing since I think I want to fly under the radar for this!!!)

Kiosk Locations

FP kiosks are located at a handful of locations in each park, and are generally open during normal park hours only. Depending on demand, not all of them may be open at all times and additional ones may be available. These locations have historically been very fluid. Guests are encouraged to verify these locations on park maps on the days of their visit:

MAGIC KINGDOM
  • Mickey's PhilharMagic
  • The Diamond Horseshoe
  • Jungle Cruise
  • Stitch's Great Escape!
  • City Hall / Guest Relations (not listed on park maps, not staffed)
EPCOT
  • Innoventions West Breezeway
  • Innoventions East Breezeway
  • Innoventions Plaza Tip Board (between SpaceShip Earth and Future World fountain)
  • International Gateway (between UK and France in World Showcase)
HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS
  • Corner of Hollywood Boulevard and Sunset Boulevard
  • Sunset Boulevard (between Tower of Terror and Rock 'n' Roller Coaster)
  • Toy Story Midway Mania
  • Muppet*Vision 3D
ANIMAL KINGDOM
  • Disney Outfitters
  • Island Mercantile
  • Kali River Rapids
  • Tusker House Restaurant
  • Guest Relations (not listed on park maps, not staffed)

@Candycane83 I think the power of google answered my own question; I found this in the FP+ thread here. It was last updated in the summer so not sure if it's changed, but it does say that the ones at City Hall are not staffed and not on the map (which I think is a good thing since I think I want to fly under the radar for this!!!)
Thanks for the info! I forgot to check those threads... and let's face it, I didn't want to go back to the SDFP thread, LOL!

Great question! I would ask in the SDFP thread but they're not the friendliest there. LOL

I keep remembering that! Part of my pre-vacation ritual is to get my paws and claws done, and I already have some ideas for Disney designs I want. I'll have to tell my nail tech to leave the hard stuff on my feet though! :rotfl:

Yep! Decided last night to completely give up on it! It was making me crazy because my evenings are precious and booked up (CP, MVMCP, JBJB, Minnies Holiday H&V) all that really left only one possible evening. I was going to try and move a Rose and Crown ADR, but could never find any other availability.

OMG - I want those puzzles! Going to look for them on Amazon to put on my Christmas wish list:santa:

It really sucks being sick for so long! Sounds like it may be viral pink eye and you may just need to let it pass, but best to get it checked out in case it's bacterial and Antibiotics may help! Hope you feel better soon!

Thanks! I think it may be viral too, but the temp spike has me worried it's turned into something else. Best to get it checked out if it is something serious.

Great question! I would ask in the SDFP thread but they're not the friendliest there. LOL

I keep remembering that! Part of my pre-vacation ritual is to get my paws and claws done, and I already have some ideas for Disney designs I want. I'll have to tell my nail tech to leave the hard stuff on my feet though! :rotfl:

Thanks! I think it may be viral too, but the temp spike has me worried it's turned into something else. Best to get it checked out if it is something serious.
LOL! They are pretty scary on the SDFP thread.

Ah, one more thing I don't do besides make up... nails... LOL! I also get haircuts only every 4 months or so! :rolleyes:

Oh no, have you gone to urgent care already? :sad2:

::MickeyMo :santa: Secret Santa Alert! :santa: ::MinnieMo

Hi guys! Over on our FB page a bunch of us were talking about doing a Secret Santa for our group to spread a little extra pixie dust! :tink: We can use an online Secret Santa List generator to assign pairs, since we can't all pick names out of a hat! :rotfl:

The thought was to keep the gift in the $10-$15 range plus shipping. How does this seem to everyone?

I have started a list to gather the email and mailing addresses of all those who want to participate. Once we have a list of everyone who wants to participate, I will use the online tool to generate the list, and will share the gift recipient's mailing address with each 'Santa' via PM or FB message.

If you would like to participate you can PM or FB message me your info, or add your info to the Google Spreadsheet doc that I shared on our FB page.

So far I have @BDFmom, @SilSprBea, @Lisa F, @areno79 , and @Candycane83 on my list. I still need email/mailing addresses for @Lisa F and @areno79.

@Mintycake and @Maryemcd I know you were involved in the FB discussion, let me know if you def want to participate! :goodvibes

I'm excited, I think this will be really fun! :hyper: :goodvibes

I am tempted to get one but wary of the warnings! Thinking of just diy with colour instead. Also need to get hair done. ..my colour is fading out but not quite enough to justify a colour so debating. Had a heck of a time checking my flights and there seems to be an issue with DH's comp ta park ticket. If you think cms are clueless when you call the ta ones are worse :( was on the phone for an hour and didn't really accomplish much. At least it was toll free.

Off to work night shift tonight. I'm exhausted but you know...bills don't pay themselves :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter