• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Before I get started on my LAST CHAPTER... :sad2: I wanted to take a minute to dedicate this TR to my father. Yesterday was the 19th anniversary of his death. (He died when I was pregnant with Jordan.) Usually I'm OK at this time of year and fondly remember him... but for some reason it's weighed very heavily on me this year... I guess it's because he was only 51 when he passed away from lung cancer... and I've been more aware of it now that we're getting older - my DH, Steve, is almost that age. I can't imagine what it would be like if one of us were to pass away in the next few years. It's a shocking thought and I've been trying to process my feelings about all of it. I know that it's not going to happen... but what if??? I look back on these WDW pictures and know that we are doing the right thing by taking these family vacations while we can. As the economy gets worse and things get more expensive, it gets harder to justify spending the money on a WDW vacation... but, it's worth it to me. I need to know that I've made those life-long memories with my kids. Some of the best childhood memories I have are of being with my father in WDW. If he were alive today, I know he'd be right there with us. (with probably more DVC points than we have!) So, Dad, this is for you! :hug:
---

Oh, Michelle, you stated that so beautifully!:hug: :hug: When people ask me "You're going to Disney . . .again?" that's the kind of feeling I want to convey to them, but if you don't get it, you don't get it. I'm sure your Dad is smiling down on you and your family making those wonderful memories at WDW.:goodvibes

If you haven't gone to Crystal Palace for pre-park opening ADR, I highly recommend it. I love getting to the MK bright and early and getting to walk down Main Street with hardly any people.

It's the best!:thumbsup2

After we rode the Haunted Mansion and took a gazillion pictures, (gotta have all the details documented. I love the ironwork at the HM!) we walked over to the train station in Frontierland and rode the train all the way around to the front of the park. I guess this is becoming a tradition for us, the last ride in the MK is always the train. If it makes Steve happy, then I'm happy! We got off the train and went to the center to take this last picture. A few more people came in since we did, eh?

There's no better way to end a trip than with one last visit to the MK.:goodvibes

Yes, Brenna was crying at the end. It just never gets any easier to leave WDW...

I'm with you, Brenna!:sad2:

That, my friends is the end. We had an uneventful bus ride back to the airport, and a boring flight home. You all know we have several trips in the works, so it's all good. I hope to start a pre-TR for our upcoming WDW vacations sometime over the summer. Thank you again for taking this journey with us and I hope to see you all when I start my next TR.

What am I going to do without a Michelle trip report?:sad1: I'll be waiting (not-so) patiently for the next one! Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful family and wonderful memories with all of us. :grouphug:

Before I get started on my LAST CHAPTER... :sad2: I wanted to take a minute to dedicate this TR to my father.

I lost my Dad 2 years ago and I still miss him so much!:hug:

We made it to the turnstiles about 5 minutes before they started letting people in. Perfect. You could tell everyone was anxious to get in. We were too tired to be anxious. LOL! When the CM dropped the rope, the people ahead of us rushed in while we s l o w l y walked into the park...
Nice!

See? We waited long enough and had the castle all to ourselves! It was very interesting... there was a group of Dream Team CMs and Disney suits up by the castle and I was dying to know what was going on. I told Brenna to look cute, just in case they were picking someone from the early crowd for a big YOAMD prize! We hung around the castle as long as we could, taking pictures and trying to be the perfect Disney tourist family... sigh... they never looked our way. Bummer.

A little stalking huh;)

It was OK, though, because we were HUNGRY!!! Bacon! (and stuffed French toast, right Mo?) The other great thing about an early morning ADR at Crystal Palace is that you usually get right in with little or no waiting. That can't be said for ADRs later in the day. It's really beautiful in this restaurant...

AHH, my fav breakfast!!!!!!!!:goodvibes

I guess this is another Dreamless trip... not even any stinky certificates!

Wow, V scored better than you;)

Yes, Brenna was crying at the end. It just never gets any easier to leave WDW...

I feel your pain Brenna!:hug:

Until then...

Your DIS friend,
-Michelle

Until August my friend:hug:

Absolutely wonderful message for/about your dad. I know he is feeling exactly what you are saying!! That was one of the biggest reasons why DH convinced me to buy into DVC... it's all about creating memories and having things to look forward to, as well!

Thanks for sharing such a fun TR. I'll be waiting on your pre-trippie!!

Wish you could come down for the Hoosier Dis Meet.. but you gotta save that money for your next trip to WDW!!

Take care,
Susie

ps. I got the card in the mail this week... loved the Mickey heads!!:lovestruc

Great trippie, Michelle. I loved reading about your family's adventures! Thanks for sharing! And thanks for all the pictures -- they were awesome!

We definitely have to get together this summer (or earlier) with the families. It would be so much fun! :yay:

:hug: for your dad.
Lovely pictures as always- I love the one of the CP ceiling! I can't believe your TR is done but I know you will be starting another one soon!! (As will I :banana: )

I wanted to take a minute to dedicate this TR to my father.
:hug:

We just looked at them and chuckled. Newbs!
So funny :rotfl2:

When the CM dropped the rope, the people ahead of us rushed in while we s l o w l y walked into the park...
Awww sounds wonderful :cloud9:

I told Brenna to look cute, just in case they were picking someone from the early crowd for a big YOAMD prize! We hung around the castle as long as we could, taking pictures and trying to be the perfect Disney tourist family... sigh... they never looked our way. Bummer.
Michelle you all are definitely the perfect Disney Family :goodvibes

On the way, Brenna stalked a Dream CM. They traded pins... but that's it. I guess this is another Dreamless trip... not even any stinky certificates!
OMG I can't believe you've never won a dream, maybe you'll win a big one next trip :thumbsup2

If it makes Steve happy, then I'm happy!
So cute :goodvibes

Thank you again for taking this journey with us and I hope to see you all when I start my next TR.
Even better Michelle, I'll see you on the trip, can't wait to meet you and the girls in August :hug:

Now that I have wiped the tears.... love love love your reports and your family! I def can't wait to meet you in August! Great report!!!!:hug:

I'm sorry to hear about your dad Michelle...my mom died almost exactly 4 years ago. Not only has the pregnancy had it's hard times but she never got a "real" trip to Disney. We went in 1985 but stayed off property and it was a short trip. When I'm in Disney is when I realize how much she would have enjoyed it. She never pampered herself and with the DVC I could have made that happen for her. So I know what you're feeling..you are in my thoughts. Can't wait for your next TR and a possible meeting on our upcoming Xmas trips!!! :hug:

What a lovely report!! I always look forward to your updates, so don't take long to start that Pretrippie, OK?:flower3: Thanks for taking us along for the ride!!

Oh man! It's over!! :sad:

Your pictures are the best. I'd like to know what kind of camera you use. Is is like blue_river's grenade launcher? ... or is portable? popcorn::

You got so many pictures posted on your last segment I couldn't figure out how you did until I realized you have very few smilies. Smart! :teacher:

That's too bad Jordan never got to meet your dad. :hug: I never got to meet my grandpa and always wondered about him.

Early Morning ADR's are the BEST! The rest of the day you always end up waiting. :mad:

Thanks Michelle! HOpe you stick around. :banana:

Oh, Michelle. I'm so sad it's over. You write so beautifully and take such great pictures that it feels like we're there with you.

Thanks for sharing, and I can't wait to meet you! :goodvibes

Hi Michelle! I'm sad to see it come to an end - but it's been a great report. It's one of my favorites because we were there at the same time.

I'm definitely going to make an ADR at CP for an early morning breakfast next time we bring the kids - hopefully next spring. We enjoyed our lunch there in October, but it looks like so much fun to get there super early.

Thanks for a wonderful report!
Amy

Another great report Michelle. Sorry it has to end, but I'll be looking for your next trip report. Thanks.

:sad2: :sad1: :sad2: :sad1: :sad2: :sad1: :sad2: :sad1:
As always, michelle, its been a great ride! Summer seems
like forever away until you start your pre trippie, can't wait:yay:
I had a sad and happy wk too. dh birthday and passing of my
mother 18 yrs ago fall on the same day. Life is short...take
those diz trips as long as you can, I'm glad we did! Praying
to return with our precious Chloe(she turned 1 on march 5).
It will take a miracle, but I can dream:cloud9: Keep in touch,
friend!!

:sad1: It is so sad that your TR is over. It is one of the best ones I have ever read on the DIS. I have loved all your pictures, you take such great ones. You really bring us on your journey. Thank you so much for sharing your vacation with us :grouphug:.

Before I get started on my LAST CHAPTER... :sad2: I wanted to take a minute to dedicate this TR to my father.

A big hug for you :hug:

TDF said:
If you haven't gone to Crystal Palace for pre-park opening ADR, I highly recommend it.

I wouldn't mind trying that, I just hate the part about getting up early and rushing.

TDF said:

There's always next time :yay:

TDF said:

:guilty:

TDF said:
That, my friends is the end. We had an uneventful bus ride back to the airport, and a boring flight home. You all know we have several trips in the works, so it's all good. I hope to start a pre-TR for our upcoming WDW vacations sometime over the summer. Thank you again for taking this journey with us and I hope to see you all when I start my next TR.

I just love following your reports!

I can't wait for your next one and meeting y'all at the Focker Meet! :goodvibes

First Michelle - :hug: about your dad. I lost my dad in Nov 99. Very unexpectedly too. I look at my kids every day and say to myself, I wish he were here to enjoy them as much as I do because I knew he would.

Second, Give Brenna a :hug: too. I cry at checkout every time we go. But at least your going this year a couple of times right:banana: . Tell her I haven't been there since 2004 :eek: but we're going in Nov 2009 :banana:

Love the pictures as always. I have been to Crystal Palace for dinner but I think next time will be for breakfast. I love the pictures you got of all the buildings in the fall with the sun starting to peek out. Sorry about no dreams this time. Looking forward to your Pre-TR. I will be on the look out for those.

Laura:flower3:

Dad, this is for you!
:hug: That was beautifully put Michelle, and I so understand, having lost my dad when he was 52. Those family memories are so important.
We hung around the castle as long as we could, taking pictures and trying to be the perfect Disney tourist family... sigh... they never looked our way. Bummer.
:lmao: I always try to step the Cute Family look up a few notches when the Dream Squad's around, too! Clearly, it's not working for me. :rolleyes: More on that to come...
Know what? I'm tempted to stop posting pics of us at WDW on teh Internet. It may seems a tad paranoid :rolleyes1 , but I wonder if WDW uses a face recognition security system... and I wonder if that same system can't be programmed to exclude frequent visitors/DVC members/AP holders/anyone they know they've already got hooked from YOAMD giveaways. :idea:
Aww, sweet girl! :hug:
That, my friends is the end.
:sad1: Michelle, I never tire of journeying along with you and your amazing family. I can't wait to do it again... and to FINALLY travel along with you in person! :yay:

Another great report Michelle! You do have an awesome writing style and a wonderful family. I'll be looking forward to your next TR. :goodvibes I'm pretty sure I won't get DH to CP for any meal so I'll enjoy it through you. Thanks for bringing us along with your family!
:hug: for your dad.

I know I haven't posted much during this TR, but I just wanted to THANK YOU! for sharing your journeys and your wonderful family with us. :hug:

Looking forward to the next TR!

Blessings to you and your family.
Barb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter