101 Ways My Son Entertained Himself at WDW--The Last Day--New 11/18

Great pictures Dawn:thumbsup2 Where were you stitting, in LIberty Square:confused3

Thanks!
I was right in front of the store to the right (if you are facing the store). I was in front of the planter Aiden was digging in, and by the umbrella lady/ trash can. It was a good spot to protect my turf. No one could get between me and the landmarks I was near. :banana:

HSM said:
When the girls and I were done with our breakfast with the princesses, we called the boys and found out they were on Main Street getting breakfast at the bakery. The main street parade was going on, so we stopped and watched a few songs before we went into the bakery.

We ate there too! Did u use snack credits too???

HSM said:
Next, up… Dole Whips and a little shopping. I bought the girls each a charm bracelets and charm to start a collection to remember our trip by.
Do they still have them? Were they princesses?

HSM said:
I wanted to go to the Hall of Presidents.
So did Daran---but I wasn't wasting low crowds for that! :snooty: ;)

HSM said:
I paid thousands of dollars for my son to play in mulch, so I let him.
:lmao:

Good update! Your parade pics are so close---did u jump up on the floats???:lmao:

I have enjoyed reading about "Aiden" and how he "entertains himself" :rotfl2:
do not know why.. but burying the plane just made me laugh.

WOW those were some CLOSE UP photos there Grumpy startled me a little.

Don't think I have ever told you how much I admire you and the other parents that Home School.:worship: I really meant to teach my kids espically since I have/HAD my teaching certificate. But one with Autism... and one that fights my instruction meant that they were going to public school.
I did do Sara's Preschool and Kindergarten.. so she was ahead of the game going into first grade... Now she is middle of the road. Its a fight fight fight with homework.
I would really love to start her back up with homschooling... But she is just one year from the grade that I said she would go to public school. Do not want to tackle Middle and High School studies.

Great trip reports again !!:thumbsup2

We ate there too! Did u use snack credits too???
:confused3 I don't remember...

TE said:
Do they still have them? Were they princesses?
I bought the little signs for each park or a charm that goes with something they did at that park. They still have them, but they don't wear them. It irks me slightly that they won't wear their Mickey-head shirts or anything now that we aren't on the trip. :headache:

TE said:
So did Daran---but I wasn't wasting low crowds for that! :snooty: ;)
:lmao:

TE said:
Good update! Your parade pics are so close---did u jump up on the floats???:lmao:
:rotfl2: No, that spot was just good. No one was in front or behind me. The characters are so cool how they look right at you when they go by. :goodvibes

I have enjoyed reading about "Aiden" and how he "entertains himself" :rotfl2:
do not know why.. but burying the plane just made me laugh.

WOW those were some CLOSE UP photos there Grumpy startled me a little.

Don't think I have ever told you how much I admire you and the other parents that Home School.:worship: I really meant to teach my kids espically since I have/HAD my teaching certificate. But one with Autism... and one that fights my instruction meant that they were going to public school.
I did do Sara's Preschool and Kindergarten.. so she was ahead of the game going into first grade... Now she is middle of the road. Its a fight fight fight with homework.
I would really love to start her back up with homschooling... But she is just one year from the grade that I said she would go to public school. Do not want to tackle Middle and High School studies.

Great trip reports again !!:thumbsup2
I'm glad you're enjoying the TR. A's a funny kid, that's for sure! :lovestruc

You're so sweet to say those things. :hug: It's nice to hear someone say nice stuff rather than criticize. :goodvibes You have lots to do where your kids are concerned that I don't have to deal with. There are so many moms that I respect too, including you, because I don't know how I would handle what you do every day. :lovestruc
Aiden's that one I 'm tempted to send to school (Kinder in the fall) because he doesn't care about learning. The girls were so easy. They'd beg me to learn and do school. Not him! He's going to be a special challenge. :sad2: I know if I sent him to school, I'd get calls everyday because he won't sit still all day. Then I'd be ticked and pull him out! :rotfl2: So, we'll see how the fall goes. :idea:

I bought the girls each a charm bracelets and charm to start a collection to remember our trip by.
Did they get many charms to go them?

We decided to go over and use our FPs for Philharmagic after we finished up. What a great show! I absolutely loved it. The kids had a blast too.
I love Philarmagic, we must have watched it about 5 times last year!

I paid thousands of dollars for my son to play in mulch, so I let him.
:rotfl2:

Great parade photos, so close :thumbsup2

Hi whoever's left around here! I'm sorry I've been gone so long. :worried: With the end of year stuff and 5 birthdays in our family, I've been busy. I've also been feeling pretty bad. I'm scheduled to have surgery next week, so I'm hoping to knock out the last few days before the 3rd.
Hang on!!! :yay:

Hi whoever's left around here! I'm sorry I've been gone so long. :worried: With the end of year stuff and 5 birthdays in our family, I've been busy. I've also been feeling pretty bad. I'm scheduled to have surgery next week, so I'm hoping to knock out the last few days before the 3rd.
Hang on!!! :yay:

I'll be waiting!!

After the 3:00 parade, it was time to think about going to the Poly for our dinner reservation at Ohana. Once we got to the Poly, the girls went to get a drink at the Tambu bar while the boys smoked and walked around the grounds. Yep- our kids smoke and drink. :faint: Okay- so, only K smoked and the girls' drinks were non-alcoholic. Whatever. :rotfl:

We were early, so we ordered some crab cakes while we listened to the Hawaiian singer.
IMG_0643.jpg

They were super expensive ($10 for 3 cakes), but really yummy. :thumbsup2 At one point A tried my Lapu when I wasn't looking and spit it out declaring it gross. I thought it was heaven. :cloud9: B (DD10) feel alseep! I couldn't believe she was that tired.

Once our name was called, we sat and were quickly accosted by the "annoying voice lady".
IMG_0663-1.jpg

What is up with that voice? :confused3 She made me nuts the whole meal!

I had high expectations for this meal, since everyone talks about it so much. Some of it was great, some of it not so much. I really liked the potaoes, shrimp, bread, and turkey and bread pudding. :lovestruc The rest was so-so.

The kids went over to do a coconut race and the limbo. They had fun and came back to the table with leis. The kids were really tired, so we decided to go back to our room instead of watching Wishes from the beach. It was the right choice to make, as B had already fallen alseep before dinner and A fell asleep on the bus ride home. :lovestruc

HSM said:
the girls went to get a drink at the Tambu bar while the boys smoked​

:eek:

HSM said:
Once our name was called, we sat and were quickly accosted by the "annoying voice lady". What is up with that voice? :confused3 She made me nuts the whole meal!
Is this the one that announces the games??

HSM said:
I had high expectations for this meal, since everyone talks about it so much. Some of it was great, some of it not so much. I really liked the potaoes, shrimp, bread, and turkey and bread pudding. :lovestruc The rest was so-so.

The kids went over to do a coconut race and the limbo. They had fun and came back to the table with leis. The kids were really tired, so we decided to go back to our room instead of watching Wishes from the beach. It was the right choice to make, as B had already fallen alseep before dinner and A fell asleep on the bus ride home. :lovestruc

******** Photobucket is down. When it's back up, I'll add pics.
I like Ohana best the first time I ever went---just me and DH in a little table overlooking the castle reflecting lights in the lake. We had no idea what kind of place in was and remember thinking "OMG--how much is all this food gonna be???" (that was pre-Disney obsessive planning mode) :goodvibes
When we went last year with the kids, everything seemed "too much"----too noisy, too busy, and too much food.:confused:

++++++++
Thx for the update---glad it was opened back up! What day is this?

After a good night's rest, we were at the Magic Kingdom to watch rope drop. :banana: What a cute show it is! :goodvibes
We went straight for Tomorrowland where we walked onto Buzz Lightyear.
IMG_0685-1.jpg

This ride was A's favorite of the whole trip. We walked on Buzz again while K ran over and got him a fast pass to ride Space Mountain later.
IMG_0816.jpg

Buzz himself was out and meeting his little friends, so we went over to meet him. Buzz was A's pick of the one person he wanted to meet. :banana:

I also found this shirt I wanted. Once I left Disney, I begged TE to look for one for me during her trip, but they only come in kids sizes. What a crock!
IMG_0799-1.jpg

Next, we headed to the Laugh Factory where I was reprimanded for taking pics. Naughty Dawn. :smokin:

IMG_0568.jpg

Next up, the tea cups! We only had to wait one rotation to get on this one. I rode with the little kids while B and K spun like fools in their tea cup. :hyper:
IMG_0715-1.jpg

IMG_0713-1.jpg

The carousel was another walk on!
IMG_0725.jpg

Next, we got a FP to Peter Pan and got in line for the Haunted Mansion. The graves and scenery wasn't B's favorite thing and she started getting upset about the ride. I got her in the room where the pictures grow and the creepy voice talks, and she about lost it. K went ahead with the little kids (who seemed oblivious to the theming) and B and I went out the chicken door. I was disappointed I didn't get to see the updates, but I also knew B would never forgive me if I made her ride the ride.

While we waited, B and I went to buy some popcorn and a water to share. When K and the little kids got off the ride, we rode Pirates of the Carribean. b wasn't sure she was going to ride this ride either, but I refused to go back out and miss another ride, so she stayed. (Can I have the Mom of the year award, please, Janet? Thank you. Thank you very much!) Once we exited the ride, the kids got to do a cool photopass picture that has them fighting with Captain Hook. I think A was confused as to why he couldn't see Captain Hook, but the pics turned out cute either way.

A-CaptHook.jpg

girlswithcapthook.jpg

We started walking towards the Starlight Cafe and found that Captain Hook and Smee were out greeting people. We got in line and got some more great pictures.

KidswithCaptHook.jpg

Next up: lunch!

So, if you count it, we met two characters, rode 7 rides and got three photopass pictures before 11:30. What's that? Why, yes, I am a trainee of Disneyland Mama. How'd you guess?! :rotfl2:

:bitelip:

TE said:
Is this the one that announces the games??
::yes::

TE said:
I like Ohana best the first time I ever went---just me and DH in a little table overlooking the castle reflecting lights in the lake. We had no idea what kind of place in was and remember thinking "OMG--how much is all this food gonna be???" (that was pre-Disney obsessive planning mode) :goodvibes
When we went last year with the kids, everything seemed "too much"----too noisy, too busy, and too much food.:confused:
It is stressful!

TE said:
Thx for the update---glad it was opened back up! What day is this?
This is Friday, January 4th. We left Tuesday, so I got some updating to do!!! :eek:

Wooohooo Dawn's writing again :yay: :yay: :yay: I can't wait to see the photos they sound great and what's this about your kids smoking and drinking :eek: :rotfl:

So, if you count it, we met two characters, rode 7 rides and got three photopass pictures before 11:30. What's that? Why, yes, I am a trainee of Disneyland Mama. How'd you guess?! :rotfl2:
OMG :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

After the 3:00 parade,​

What time is the 3:00 parade;) :confused3

it was time to think about going to the Poly for our dinner reservation at Ohana. Once we got to the Poly, the girls went to get a drink at the Tambu bar while the boys smoked and walked around the grounds. Yep- our kids smoke and drink. :faint: Okay- so, only K smoked and the girls' drinks were non-alcoholic. Whatever. :rotfl:

:laughing:

B (DD10) feel alseep! I couldn't believe she was that tired.

Poor thing must have been exhausted:hug:

You need those early nights sometimes::yes::

After a good night's rest, we were at the Magic Kingdom to watch rope drop.

AS good FOckers are wont to do:thumbsup2

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Great updates Dawn, though I'm anxious to see the pictures! :)

Way to go on the plan. You have learned well, Grasshopper. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter