☆☆ The Official October 2016 Thread ☆☆

I think our thread starter left us. Columbus day weekend will be busy but crowds should taper off the following week. Hit most recommended parks on the weekend and you should be OK.

That's what I figure we'll do, at this point it's been so long since we've been my kids will be happy with anything lol

Pushed back our dates and put us in October instead of September. October 1-5th at the contemporary celebrating my sons 7th birthday! He has been asking to stay at the resort side of the contemporary a long time. we were at bay lake last october

I think our thread starter left us. Columbus day weekend will be busy but crowds should taper off the following week. Hit most recommended parks on the weekend and you should be OK.

I already have my rough draft plans laid out with the recommended parks for each day, so I'm not too worried. Heavier crowds can be managed with a good plan!

My DD and DH have decided to do one day at Universal and we are wondering the best affordable way to get there from Disney all Star Movie. Last time we went we had a car but will not have one this time.

My DD and DH have decided to do one day at Universal and we are wondering the best affordable way to get there from Disney all Star Movie. Last time we went we had a car but will not have one this time.

We are doing 1 day 2 parks at Universal and plan on taking Uber from POR.

I just booked AoA 10/9-10/15 for my daughter's 11th birthday and our 17th wedding anniversary. I have not told dd. Her actually birthday is 10/03, so I plan on wrapping the magic bands as her b-day present and telling her that way. Dh told her last week that Disney was out of the question due to finances, so this will be a huge (and happy) surprise for her!~!~!

PS -- Will update ticker once I get enough posts, lol.

Hi all - joining in! Just booked 10/29-11/5 at POFQ for my daughter (will be 11 in June) and I. We were last at POR in August and before that we were there in November 2014 and went to MVMCP and are very excited to be in Disney for Halloween and go to MNSSHP!!! Looking forward to all the planning!!

We went over Columbus Day in 2013 and it was a bit crowded for a few days. It wasn't bad and we got to do just about everything we wanted to.

But I decided to go earlier in the month for this trip :)

I just need the park hours to do my planning!!!

Just got this e-mail from Disney Destinations. Idk if it's an actual discount or just an FYI about prices.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    113.4 KB · Views: 25

Uber?

You can check with Uber, but since it's only the two of them you may want to look into the Mears shuttle. It's $20 per person round trip. I'm not sure about Uber's prices but I know with a taxi it was about $40 each way.

Just got this e-mail from Disney Destinations. Idk if it's an actual discount or just an FYI about prices.
I just ran the numbers, it looks like its just an FYI on prices, I did ASP which was the cheapest and it was 1620 for 2 people

I just had to call Disney to fix some stuff with the reservations that was showing up weird. I have to admit to being a bit cranky about why 3 tickets were showing up fine but DH's is showing up as potentially expired. Then I got put on hold. Something else to be cranky about, right? Except it was to Yo Ho Yo Ho, A Pirate's Life for Me, part of Indian Jones theme, and then Haunted Mansion. Anger...dissipating...happiness...growing...

I've never been so bored with planning a disney vacation until now. I usually book after my 6 month window...so playing the waiting game for everything is killing me!

Its gotten to the point where I'm pricing out spring trips just to keep things interesting.

:faint:

Same here. Our last trip, we booked in February and went in May. This feels like an eternity. I wish they would at least release the dates for MNSSHP so I can start getting somewhat of plan started.

I have 21 days until I can book ADR. Now just patiently waiting for Park hours to be released.

Hi!

Booked my flights from the UK to Orlando on Monday. Arriving on 19th and thinking of trying Universal for a few nights then POR for ten nights from 24th!

It'll be our third trip to WDW and POR in four years!!!

:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter