☆☆ The Official October 2016 Thread ☆☆

WDW has announced the official dates for this year's Food & Wine Festival: The 21st Epcot International Food & Wine Festival kicks off September 14 and runs through November 14 this fall. That means almost two additional weeks – from 53 days to 62 – of deliciousness, foodie fun, culinary events, celebrity chefs, seminars, music concerts and more.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...-2016-epcot-international-food-wine-festival/

Last edited:
So with our dates still so far away how does everyone prepare for their trips? Do you just wait until you're closer or do you start now? Currently I'm very impatiently waiting for hours to come out so I can plan the one reservation I have to make for sure, after that I'm unsure how I want to plan. This is only my second time at Disney World (went to Disneyland 04/2015) and my first time as an adult planning it.

Last edited:
Same. Waiting impatiently for MNSSHP dates to be announced and go on sale. Then I can really start to plan. I've got a few mock ups of our week going, but nothing set in stone until those dates are released. Hopefully, they are released before my 180 ADR date.

This is our second time, also. Last time we booked in February (today, actually!) and went in May. So, the waiting wasn't too bad and I could plan all my stuff right away.

So with our dates still so far away how does everyone prepare for their trips? Do you just wait until your closer or do you start now? Currently I'm very impatiently waiting for hours to come out so I can plan the one reservation I have to make for sure, after that I'm unsure how I want to plan. This is only my second time at Disney World (went to Disneyland 04/2015) and my first time as an adult planning it.

I'll be waiting until the details of the Food & Wine Festival are released, usually sometimes in July. So I have about 5 months until I start my planning. :sad2:

Wow. In this short space of time, DH and I have:
* finalized and booked our WDW resorts through DVC rental and paid half up front (AKL and then Poly!) -- AKL 10/11-10/14 and Poly 10/14-10/19
* booked and paid our airline tickets using miles :D (I love near free)
* booked and paid in full our US/IOA package (painful but tax refund time!)
* bought and paid for our WDW tickets

Holy mother of pearl, it is totally real! I already have the stays linked on MDE and will link the tickets soon. Now I'm just debating dining reservations for when that window opens, color of magic bands, and we'll look to book the car rental soon enough (using DH's rental car points that he is building -- yay!). And the kids still have NO.IDEA. We sadly said that a home project (for which we have been planning and saving for several years now) would take all of our money and we'd postpone any Disney trip for a couple of years. They bought it. :tiptoe::ssst: Mwahahahahaha! All is in place for a departure morning surprise (well, aside from those pesky things like actually printing the clues, ADRs, FPs, and packing -- and the passage of time). DD will freak out, based on her reaction to her Christmas present. When you hear kids screaming from a local airport gate headed to Orlando in October, you'll know who it's from. pixiedust:

Last edited:
Please add me. We will be there October 1st-6th, staying at Coronado Springs. We are waiting for MNSSHP dates to be released and go on sale. Ready to do some serious planning.

So with our dates still so far away how does everyone prepare for their trips? Do you just wait until you're closer or do you start now? Currently I'm very impatiently waiting for hours to come out so I can plan the one reservation I have to make for sure, after that I'm unsure how I want to plan. This is only my second time at Disney World (went to Disneyland 04/2015) and my first time as an adult planning it.

DH and I have set up tentative plans for each day. We have a general idea of what the park hours & MNSSHP dates will be, as well as EMH. Once the park hours come out next month, we'll take a look at what we have and make any changes if we need to. I

Count us in!! We are booked Oct 19th (my bday)- Oct 27!! staying at the Swan! Booked our flights this morning! I am so excited!

Decided to book today. It will be my husband and myself. We are DVC and booked AKV because its our home resort but hope to change at the 7 month mark to either BC or BW. We will be there for a quick F & W trip checking in on 10/24 thru 10/28. Please add us to the list. Looking forward to planning and sharing thoughts and plans with everyone.

Hi! Please adjust - we've decided to avoid the Wine & Dine weekend and moved our trip UP a week!! 10/22-10/29 for us now. :banana:

I'm so bummed, BTMRR refurb was pushed back and will now be closed August 8-November 18 :worried:

Son of a biscuit! I was worried that would happen. That's my favorite ride in MK too. Figures. Is this confirmed yet or just rumored? I'm still seeing old refurb dates and I've heard those aren't accurate.

Please add me, we are booked to go 10/22-10/29. There will be 11 of us, yikes!!! We are staying at Disney Movies but considering moving to Art of Animation. We are very excited to go to the MNSSHP and really hope they let the adults wear costumes.

Son of a biscuit! I was worried that would happen. That's my favorite ride in MK too. Figures. Is this confirmed yet or just rumored? I'm still seeing old refurb dates and I've heard those aren't accurate.
Alot of people are now reporting that they can book FP+ for BTMRR in April when they weren't able to before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter