• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

“You’re in Disney World, what on Earth do you have to complain about?”

He was gone for all of 2 minutes when Officer Save the Day comes up behind the car and starts blowing the horn. WTH???? I truly was feeling like death at this point and I really didn’t have much patience for such a stunt.
Okay, it is here that I must apologize in advance to anyone who has a loved one in law enforcement. I have great admiration for any and all officers and usually I am not so contentious (okay, I am----- sometimes.) but really, I felt plain gross and this Officer really started out on the wrong foot with me and got on my nerves. So here we go… eek.:eek:

I sat there in the passenger seat, pretending to not hear him.

In a second, seeing that I’m not jumping to make things happen for Officer Save the Day, he gets out and hitches his pants up as he walks boldly to my side of the car. I have a vision of Roscoe P.Coltrain in my head. He stands there looking at me, and I sit there, looking at him. After a second, he realizes I’m still not cooperating and he gently but firmly taps on the window. I roll it down a smidge.

He says, in his best CHIPs impersonation “You’re going to have to move the car.” I sit there. “Do you hear me? I said you have to move the car.”
I calmly reply “No, I don’t think so.”

He almost lost it. “What?” he yells at me. I calmly say “This is a rental. I don’t believe I’m AUTHORIZED to be behind the wheel and I surely don’t want to break the law.” His face turned ten shades of red. “If you’re not AUTHORIZED,” he yells, “Then who is?” “My Husband,” I say. To which he replied- “Well where is he???” Hum, I don’t know, dumb behind, let’s see… well we’re in front of a Walmart, yep- oh I know! he must be …

“In there.” I said, pointing to the conspicuously hidden large brick building that proudly displayed the word "WALMART" on it and miles of people were walking into----(gosh he was dumb.) He stomped off muttering something about authorization or something another, I don’t know. About that time, Mighty Good Man comes out and sees Officer Safety behind us, waves to him and gets in and we leave.
I tell him the story and he laughs b/c DH is a vendor…

FOR Walmart.

:lmao: Now that is funny, especially the vision of Roscoe P Coltraine! Was it a real cop or a rent-a-cop?

Great so far....

I tear up everytime I walk down Main... my DH makes fun of me.... but it's ok... you know what i call those cops jo i call them Rentacop ..... I coul djust see you talking to him telling him no :rotfl2: .....

Great trip report so far Jo :thumbsup2

I loved your rent-a-cop story it had me laughing! :rotfl2:

Well, I do declare! It's MissKait, come to join us!:goodvibes

How are you???
Hope PA is treating ya' fine.

Jo

So I shall breeze through this day rather quickly, because I realize that most of you are not Gator Fans.
But it was a cool day- so I will include a bit before continuing on with the Disney portion.

As I said before, Mighty Good Man graduated from UF. And as you also know, the Homecoming football game was a huge part of our trip to Florida. He got one day of the vacation, I got 9. :lmao: No really- we all love Florida football and we had so much fun wearing our Gator gear proudly. You wouldn't believe how many people in the parks would yell out to us "Go Gators!" to which we'd yell back "Go Gators!" and then everyone would yell "Woo-Hoo!" The Gator Nation is a wonderful thing.

We had planned on waking early and being out the door of the resort by 6 am to be in Gainesville by 8. At 6:45, Mighty Good Man jumped up and woke me. We were late.

We finally got into the car and went speeding through the nasty wet stuff- ( I felt like Noah at this point), hoping we'd outrun the rain. As luck would have it- the skies cleared and we were finally dry!!

We got to Mighty Good Man's cousin's house which is one block from the stadium at 9:30, parked the car and greeted the cousins and my SIL and her boyfriend. We grabbed all of our stuff and ran for University Ave. to watch Gator Walk, where the Players arrive on buses and walk the street towards the stadium amidst the cheering fans.

The side of the street that the players walk by, slapping the hands of the fans was completely full- no squeeze in room, but there were cops blocking off the middle of the street and we were able to sqeeze in right up to them. Then the sirens began and the busses pulled up- and here came the players.

It is here that I must give a small smidge of background to all who don't know much about me. Our son, Drew is a Gator football fanatic. He knows every player by position, stats, etc. We had tix for the AR/FL football game when the Gators came to Fayetteville to play and were lucky enough to see the players after the game and get autographs and pics with some of them.

Drew's favorite player in the whole world is Percy Harvin (his # is #1) and when he saw him after the AR/FL game, Drew just about died. Percy wasn't signing autographs, but Drew was yelling his name with all his little might, just to get Percy's attention. When Percy heard Drew, he stopped, looked at him and patted Drew's leg (he was on Mighty Good Man's shoulders to get a better look)- and pointed at him yelled up to Drew "Little Man!!!" like they were long lost buddies.:lovestruc I asked him if we could get a picture and he nodded yes, so I snapped a pic of them together. It has been blown up and is in Drew's room. Sooooo Cool. My heart melted and Drew and I talk often about that day.

Now, FF to Gator Walk- here the players come, and they weren't close to us- but Drew named every single player as they walked past slapping hands with the fans on the other side. In a second I heard Drew suck in his breath and yell "There he is, Mom, there's Percy!" and he started yelling once again with all his might "Percy! Percy!!!" but the crowds were too loud and Percy couldn't hear him. So I lowered the camera from my face and then both Drew and I started yelling to him "Percy! PERCY!!!!!!" as loud as we could. Percy's head snapped around facing us, he stopped, scanned the crowds- looking-- and as his eyes landed on Drew- he glanced up at me and back down to Drew, a BIG grin all over his face- you know how someone's expression changes when they recognize you?
And he pointed to Drew and yelled out "Little Man!!!"

OMG.

I cried.

My baby's wish, once again coming true.:love:

So that was that.
We saw Tebow, the Heisman trophy winner and all the girls drooled on themselves as he passed by. Here, have a napkin.

Percy is the first guy in the lineup with the white shirt on- taken just before he saw us--, Tebow is the last in the grey suit. *sigh*
Floridagame297.jpg

Then we went to the game and had awesome seats, only b/c we paid an arm and a leg for them (Thank you stub hub!)

Floridagame335.jpg

Tebow taking the snap-
Floridagame349.jpg

Floridagame370.jpg

And afterwards we went to dinner with the family at a local hang out. There were 17 of us- and that's only a tiny portion of the family. All together with kids, grands and great grands there are right at 60 of us- (this is Mighty Good Man's mom's side of the family-) we tend to overtake a place when we arrive. LOL.:laughing:

We were back in the car and at the resort by 10 pm, ready for a new day at Disney!

Up next---
TinkerBell's surprise- :tinker:
costumes and tickets to MNSSHP and...
"That doesn't look like the Love Boat to me.":scared1:

Awesome TR so far Jo. I especially like the story about Percy calling out to your son Drew - that was freaking awesome!

Your pics are awesomeness too!

(Do I use the word awesome too much?) Sea

Drew came zipping in at lightening speed while Belle got somewhere in the middle of the race. When she sat down, she looked at me very perplexed and said “Momma, this is the stupidest place I ever been.” I howled. Because it was indeed stupid. Out of the mouths of babes. I suppose we won’t go back there again.

:rotfl2: Too funny! Don't you just love children's honesty??? :goodvibes

We had an ADR at WCC but I cancelled it because I didn't think there was anything that the boys would like on the menu, plus I thought I might have the same feeling as your Belle! :rotfl:

I have to say...I don't usually get too involved in trip reports...but you got me! I can't wait to hear about the rest of the vacation! You are making me want to stay at CBR...hubby wants to go there, but we are trying to keep the budget lower and are staying at Pop. Hmmmm...:)

Your kids are so cute, by the way.

Oh, and that thing about Drew and Percy brought tears to my eyes. He will never forget that.

Hidden Mickey!!!
Floridagame166.jpg

[/QUOTE]

I just started reading your TR so I am not sure if anyone else brought it up, but what is with all the dust on the Hidden Mickey?:confused3

What a fantastic update...I know nothing about UF football but enjoyed reading about your day there and Drew seeing Percy again! What a great moment!! And this Tebow guy.......WOW!! :lovestruc Sounds like a nice family day and a great way to break up the vacation a bit, too. :thumbsup2

Tebow:worship: That is all I have to say on that!!!

Attention, attention, ladies and gentlemen, we have another Tebow lover in the house.

I shall reward her with more pics of the awesomeness that is "Tebow."

Enjoy!:goodvibes

(These were taken after the FL/AR game.)
Floridagame134.jpg

he is ginormous in person. His shoulders and the size of his fingers are unbelievable.

This is Tebow looking at and waving to... you got it-----Drew! he yelled and yelled and Tebow had too much security around him but he turned and waved to him.
Floridagame132.jpg

sigh- we love Tebow.:love:

Jo

Awesome TR so far Jo. I especially like the story about Percy calling out to your son Drew - that was freaking awesome!

Your pics are awesomeness too!

(Do I use the word awesome too much?) Sea
Hi Sea! Thanks for reading my update! And awesome is just... awesome, 'cause it was!:lmao:

:rotfl2: Too funny! Don't you just love children's honesty??? :goodvibes

We had an ADR at WCC but I cancelled it because I didn't think there was anything that the boys would like on the menu, plus I thought I might have the same feeling as your Belle! :rotfl:
Yep- chidren can be brutally honest. The food was good, but i guess we won't go back. There really wasn't anything the kids loved on the menu other than the bottomless shakes. Yum!

I have to say...I don't usually get too involved in trip reports...but you got me! I can't wait to hear about the rest of the vacation! You are making me want to stay at CBR...hubby wants to go there, but we are trying to keep the budget lower and are staying at Pop. Hmmmm...:)

Your kids are so cute, by the way.

Oh, and that thing about Drew and Percy brought tears to my eyes. He will never forget that.
Thanks so much for getting involved in my report! I hope you stick around to hear it all! We did indeed enjoy CBR. It is a beautiful place! My next installment will have more pics of the resort- in the sun, this time!:goodvibes
Hidden Mickey!!!
Floridagame166.jpg

I just started reading your TR so I am not sure if anyone else brought it up, but what is with all the dust on the Hidden Mickey?:confused3 [/QUOTE] Um, yeah- I really didn't notice the dust til I posted it! Ewwwwwwww.

What a fantastic update...I know nothing about UF football but enjoyed reading about your day there and Drew seeing Percy again! What a great moment!! And this Tebow guy.......WOW!! :lovestruc Sounds like a nice family day and a great way to break up the vacation a bit, too. :thumbsup2
Aww- thanks! we loved the day- it had been 10 years since we had gone to a game at "home". The last time we went, I was pregnant with Drew and it was in the stadium that we first felt him move, so I have sentimental feelings towards "the Swamp" as it's called.

:cheer2:

Jo

Hey that is not just regular old dust folks...that is PIXIE DUST! Wow Jo your vacation was even more awesome than I thought before!!!

Seacrest :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter