• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

“Mommy, why is that lady taking pictures of her food?" updated w/Aloha Dinner Show

Man, seeing all this is making me forget that I'm supposed to be watching what I eat until my next trip. I'm trying not to go Pooh-sized.

I'm loving your review! I especially enjoy seeing the cute Lilo, Stitch, and Minnie figures! :goodvibes

Great report so far. Looking forward to the rest. I like that you included the figures with the food - very cute.

Excellent report - but stupid question from a UK resident. What exactly is a 'cheesesteak'? :confused3

Cheesesteaks are great!!! They're made of shaved steak (here we all it Steak-ums - paper thin slices of steak) that's fried on a griddle, with melted cheese on it, and usually served with fried onions and sometimes green peppers and mushrooms on a hoagie roll. TO DIE FOR they're so good. Ranks right up with your Cadbury Flakes, of which I have three at home calling my name!!!:cool1: Anyway, next time you're in WDW try one. You won't be disappointed.

I am loving the reviews and am adding the cheesesteak for a must have for my next trip.

I'm new 'round here, but I think that the Food reports are the best ones!

Never been to Disney, but based on the pics and descriptions from the board...we're gonna eat well!

Where is the place that you get to chhose your ingredients for your snack? We decided we just HAVE to do that next trip! :woohoo:

You can get this at Downtown Disney Marketplace at Goofy's Candy Company. This is the first time I visited Goofy's Candy and will make it back next time for sure.

I can only add one word........ YUMMY!

As Oliver Twist would say..... Please, may I have some more?

I'm in too. Wish I had the patience to document all our meals. I admire you for doing that for everyone.

Thanks again to everyone for your kind words. It is great to know that you all have enjoyed my report.

So here we go again.

Day Three (Wednesday)
Today we had our table service at O’Hana’s Best Friends Breakfast at the Polynesian resort. We did this character meal last year and had to again. In my opinion it had the best character interaction. As you can see we are big Lilo and Stitch fans and Stitch was “on” as usual, playful, funny and really spent a lot of time with us. Both Lilo and Stitch loved our figures and made a big deal of them.

The meal is served family style in a skillet. We first had cinnamon bread, pineapple bread, both were moist, fresh and yummy and they were served with fresh melon and pinneapple (sorry, forgot to take a pic of this). For the main dish the skillet included scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, biscuits, potatoes and Mickey waffles. Everything was delicious, Stitch said the bacon was the best he ever had. The eggs seemed undercooked but I heard the waitress mention to another table that they were meant to creamy but they were not undercooked? :confused3 The sausage and potatoes were my favorite and Minnie enjoyed everything.

Forgive me but we were so hungry that we started before I remembered to take the picture.
ohanabreakfast2.jpg

The out of pocket cost without the meal plan would have been $70.93. We used 3 table service credits.

More to come....

Day Three continued – (Wednesday)
We had a couple of snacks in the early afternoon at EPCOT’s Food and Wine festival. First we had the Chilaquiles in Mexico. These were great, cheesy and slightly spicy with cool sour cream on the top. Minnie and I loved them and were happy to finish Stitch’s when declared them to be gross!

chilaquiles.jpg

Next we had the pizza in Italy and it was very good. Minnie and Stitch like their pizza with only cheese but I loved it. It was awesome. I don’t have the prices on these but we used two snack credits.

fwpizza.jpg

That night we stayed at the All Stars Music Resort and all had the Penne Alfredo with salad and a breadstick. I did not get a picture, I forgot the camera in the room. It was really good but needed to be warmed in the microwave. Minnie and I got the cheesecake for dessert and saved it for the morning. Stitch got an ice cream cone and then declared that his eyes were bigger than his stomach and he could not eat anymore. The out of pocket cost for this meal without the meal plan would have been $50.84 and we used three counter service credits.

Coming up: Flame Tree Barbeque and Teppan Edo

We're headed down in January and bringing a rather picky 11 y/o, so I'm enjoying reading about how Stitch is doing as an "adult"!

Thanks for including the costs--helps me a lot!

Flame tree is a *must do* for us!! Every time we go to AK we have to eat there!! It is my DH's favorite CS

Can't wait for more pictures!!!

Cheesesteaks are great!!! They're made of shaved steak (here we all it Steak-ums - paper thin slices of steak) that's fried on a griddle, with melted cheese on it, and usually served with fried onions and sometimes green peppers and mushrooms on a hoagie roll. TO DIE FOR they're so good. Ranks right up with your Cadbury Flakes, of which I have three at home calling my name!!!:cool1: Anyway, next time you're in WDW try one. You won't be disappointed.

Thanks for that. On your recommendation, I have added it to the list of 'must-haves' for my next trip in April.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter