“Mommy, why is that lady taking pictures of her food?" updated w/Aloha Dinner Show

Hi! Remember me from standing in line with you going to AK? There were 3 of us talking about the disboards. I'm enjoying your dining reviews, great job!

Hello, I am so glad you "stopped by". I do remember you and enjoyed our conversation at the bus stop. I am glad you are enjoying my report.

Hey everyone. I have been really busy and have been working overtime so I have not had a chance to finish up. I have a couple of day off so I will finish tomorrow morning with the Aloha Dinner.

Day Six (Saturday)

Aloha Dinner Show

Our last meal was the Aloha Dinner Show at the Polynesian Resort. We were worried that it was going to be cancelled because of rain. We found out that they only cancel if it rained sideways.

Stitch was very excited for this meal because I mentioned that the show involved fire. Being a 10 year old boy the idea of someone “playing” with fire thrilled him. We were one of the first to be seated. We had the “cheap seats”, on the back level, second to the last row. We could see O.K. but the show would have had more impact seating in the first or second level. Our waitress was awful and ignored requests for more wine twice and when we brought it to her attention she brought the wrong kind. She never asked us if we needed anything or how our meal was the entire time, nor did she smile. I think this detracted from the experience somewhat.

The show was a lot of fun but I saw some people leaving early. Stitch kept asking through the entire show, “Where is the guy with the fire?” When he finally did perform it was the highlight of the show, really entertaining.

We of course had to get the "glow cube" drink here also.

fruitdrink.jpg

The food was really good. They first served salad, pineapple bread and fresh pineapple. The bread was great, it did not even need butter, the fresh pineapple was out of the world and the salad was quite tasty also.

saladaloha.jpg

The entrée was chicken, ribs, rice and veggies. All of this was very good, I preferred the chicken.

entreealoha.jpg

The dessert was a Chocolate Volcano with raspberry sauce (I think). I was thought it was yummy; Stitch and Minnie did not like it. They made a big deal of serving this and it was really fun.

volcano.jpg

dessert1aloha.jpg

Overall we had a good time here and the food was really good but the waitress, the seats and rain were a damper on the evening.

Coming up final thoughts.

The dessert was a Chocolate Volcano with raspberry sauce (I think). I was thought it was yummy; Stitch and Minnie did not like it. They made a big deal of serving this and it was really fun.

volcano.jpg

dessert1aloha.jpg

Maybe I'm crazy(which is entirely possible), but that dessert looks like formed mini meatloaves with a ketchup topping.:rotfl:

Great reviews!!!!!!!!!

I agree about the meatloaf with a ketchup topping! :lmao: :rotfl2:

I must admit, those desserts don't look too appetising to me - were they very chocolatey :confused3

Thanks for posting the Aloha Dinner review - unfortunately, I'm still undecided :sad2:

Thanks for the post. I enjoyed seeing the pictures. Hate to hear about the bad service. Hopefully I will not have that waitress next week, but I will be in the cheap seats too. I think I will have to try the drink, that looked great!

So I loved the Pictures and
I also LOVE cheese steaks, but don't MURDER them with ketchup or A1 put PICKLES on them MMMMM good!!! No I am not pregnant! I have eaten them this way since I was 16. Now have my husband eating them this way.

Aloha Dinner - Dessert didn't look good. I imagined Dark Chocolate cake with Hot fudge oozing out of it. Not meatloaf with Ketchup. I am hoping that our service will be better we are there on the Sat. after Christmas.Let's hope the weather is coopertive.

So I see in your title someone asked about you taking pictures of the food, Did I miss it??
Hope to meet some DISer's there too!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter