“IT’S OUR MOTHER DAUGHTER TRIP!” Our Spontaneous Getaway - April 2011 COMPLETE 9/13

Great wrap-up and I found all of your ADR changes hilarious. Good thing you had your own personal ADR secretary! :thumbsup2 Now I can't wait to read all about your August trip!

Loved your college update! Congrats on declaring your majors. Sounds interesting. And the nearby beach looks lovely and so quiet! Yay for a fantastic mom visit.

Enjoyed the wrap up. I always like looking back on my trips and summing it all up. I love mother-daughter trips too. So fun! And we are so lucky to have our moms as a best friend too!

You are super lucky to live so close to the beach from your campus! What a great spot to get away and relax. Congrats on picking out your majors! :goodvibes And good luck!!

It was! I never had that many sleepovers when I was younger so it was cool to have one minus parental supervision.

Glad you were able to pick a major! I love school (which is why I'll be in school for another 4+ years.. :rolleyes:) Though I do have to put in a word for math/science classes - there are a lot of really interesting ones out there too. Except when you have a science major and need to take a gen ed science class because you apparently don't have enough credits.

I love your pictures of Small World - the colors in there are so vibrant and fun. It's one of my favorite rides and the boat loading area is probably my favorite place in Magic Kingdom. It's just so happy!

You always have really great character interactions. I never know what to say to them. I think you'd make a great face character but do they have the girls play multiple princesses? I mean, Jasmine doesn't really look like Ariel...

Those chocolate coins look delicious. I love the wrappers!

Can't wait to read your next report. :)

Aww well that's fun :)
Yes, I'm very excited! Thanks for the reccomendation... but science is my WORST subject. So hopefully I won't have to take many (if any!) science classes haha.
Thank you! I know... I instantly feel happier when I'm in there!
Aww thanks! I love character interactions! And well... I guess some girls can play multiple characters because they can get their eyebrows colored in and stuff. I'm not sure how it works exactly. But it happens!
I'm sure they were yummy... my brother loves those.
Thanks!

love all the pics of your pets once you got home :) your dog seemed the happiest to see you, the cats just seemed like it was nothing. speaking of your cats, love the disney names! I have 2 cats at home as well named sam and anna who may not look like your cats but they would probably be posing in the same way. my parents had a cat before i was born named tigger as well. do you live right by a lake or is that a picture frame in the house background (just curious) ? like the recap of how your dining plans changed so many times. i personally also am a huge fan of mother daughter trips. my mom and i are also very close. I love having that special bond with my mom. we usually take a annual mother daughter trip which is really fun! I have done disney trips with school before and it isn't nearly as much fun because they have weird touring schedules and techniques. it is much better when with family or with a few friends because then you can do more stuff. side note: i think we have the same computer! I noticed it in a couple of your pics and it looks a lot like mine :) also, great major choice! My current major is a branch of communication that goes into public relations with a little bit of advertising/marketing. Love the beach pics from your mother/daughter day at school! my mom has come up to visit me several times since i started college last year since my school is a half hour from my hometown. I love just relaxing and spending time with my mom without actually having to go home and back. that must be nice having the beach that close to you. have you gone swimming there since school started? i think that would be lots of fun!
loved this TR and can't wait for the august TR!

Thank you! Haha, can you tell I named the cats? :rotfl: That's cute that your parents had a cat named Tigger, too!
Yes, we do live by the lake, you are correct!
I agree - going on Mother Daughter Trips are the best! They just have a special feel to them!
Yup - Macbook Pro? I love my computer!
That's a really cool major - I bet you'll be able to do a lot with that!
Thank you! I know... having visitors is great! And no, I have only gone to the beach that one time.
Thank you! I am excited to start it!

I'm super excited for you and your decision on your majorS! :teacher:

I'm glad you had a nice little visit with your mom. My mom and I are so close, and I hope my girls and I will have that same bond when they are older!

And I have to share this with you...one of my oldest daughter's ballet teachers LOVES all things Disney, and she has decided their recital will be a Disney theme. Each of the girls was asked to choose which princess they would like to be...and my daughter chose....

Jasmine!

I thought of you right away!!!! princess:

I am looking forward to your August trip report! :surfweb:

Aww thank you! I hope everything works out!
I know how you feel! Mother Daughter bonds are great and I always love to see Mothers and Daughters getting along!
YAYYYYY JASMINE! That's gonna be an awesome recital. I wish I could be in something like that :rotfl: I bet it'll be great!

Congrats on declaring your major! That is always a hard decision. :thumbsup2 Heck, I switched my major three times while I was getting my first degree and then changed my mind about what I wanted to do as a career and now I am back in school. :laughing:

I love the pictures from the beach. You are so lucky that your school is near home and that you get to visit and receive visits from family. :goodvibes

Thank you! I know... I have heard of people doing that! I hope I don't end up switching mine a lot because I think I like the ones I picked.. so I think it'll work!
Thank you! I know... thank goodness I didn't go far away. I don't think I would have been able to do it!

Great wrap-up and I found all of your ADR changes hilarious. Good thing you had your own personal ADR secretary! :thumbsup2 Now I can't wait to read all about your August trip!

Loved your college update! Congrats on declaring your majors. Sounds interesting. And the nearby beach looks lovely and so quiet! Yay for a fantastic mom visit.

Thank you! Haha I know... what a mess! Thank goodness for Kristen! I can't wait to start that TR!
Thank you! Yes, lots of good stuff happening! Hopefully it continue to get better!​

Enjoyed the wrap up. I always like looking back on my trips and summing it all up. I love mother-daughter trips too. So fun! And we are so lucky to have our moms as a best friend too!

You are super lucky to live so close to the beach from your campus! What a great spot to get away and relax. Congrats on picking out your majors! :goodvibes And good luck!!

Thank you! So do I - it's lots of fun. Yes, we're extremely blessed. I'm so happy that my Mom and I get along so well!
I know! And next year when I have a car I can just drive over there on weekends haha. That would be fun! Thank you! I hope it all goes well!

Great wrap up! Congrats on declaring your majors, that's so exciting!

Those garden decorations you picked up are so cute!
And your pets are so precious. I definitely always miss mine a lot while I'm gone, but that's one good thing about coming home at least:goodvibes

Your mother daughter day sounds like it was a lot of fun! I wish my school was closer to home so my Mom and I could have a day like that as well. My Mom is like my best friend too so I love getting the chance to hang out with her. How cool that your campus is so close to the beach! Mine is about 35 minutes from the beach as well, it's SO nice, I've never been this close to a beach before! lol

Can't wait to join in on your next TR!!

I enjoyed reading your trip report. You have many lovely pictures from your trip :)

Thank you so much! I'm glad you were here! :goodvibes

Great wrap up! Congrats on declaring your majors, that's so exciting!

Those garden decorations you picked up are so cute!
And your pets are so precious. I definitely always miss mine a lot while I'm gone, but that's one good thing about coming home at least:goodvibes

Your mother daughter day sounds like it was a lot of fun! I wish my school was closer to home so my Mom and I could have a day like that as well. My Mom is like my best friend too so I love getting the chance to hang out with her. How cool that your campus is so close to the beach! Mine is about 35 minutes from the beach as well, it's SO nice, I've never been this close to a beach before! lol

Can't wait to join in on your next TR!!

Thank you so much! :)
I love those decorations, they add some extra life and magic to our home!
Thank you so much. I know I miss my dog SO MUCH :sad1: He gets so excited when I come home. Between me going to Disney in August, coming home two weekends ago, and now me coming home this weekend, the poor dog is going to be so confused as to where I live :rotfl:
It was one of the best days I've had in a long time. I'm sorry your school isn't that close to home. How far is it exactly? Haha yay for having the beaches close to college! :thumbsup2
Yay I can't wait to see you over there! Thanks for reading!​

Lovin' the title!! :thumbsup2

YAY I'm so proud of you! You ambitious child.

I LOVE that magazine. I must have read it like 8 times at your house haha.

I love that flag! It's you babe. :p Full House reference!

Mother's has a bird on it...I'm terrified of birds...but I like the lighthouse!

PEP!!!! I miss him. </3

Dontcha wish ya still wore that uniform every day! :upsidedow

AWWW Mother and Jess. You guys are the most precious people aliveee. I sitll haven't visited yet! I will eventually haha.

WHERE AM I IN THAT PICTUREEE?!!?! This is NOT okay. LOL just kidding you're beautieeeful.

BIRDS. :scared1:

AUGUST, AUGUST, AUGUST!!!!! :cheer2: Woohoo!

Great TR!!! Why doesn't your roommate have any personal effects on her wall? What kind of teenager is she? haha Even if Disney isn't her thing--- who could fathom that???---she should have some kid of thing....

Can't wait for the next trip report!

Luvin the pics of your pets..
My doggies go mad when we get back as well.. One jumps really high and he headbutt my bottom last year when we got back he was that excited..
:lmao:

So when's the next trip report starting???

I can't tell you how much I've enjoyed reading your trip report! How wonderful to be able to spend quality time with your Mom in Disney World. You seem like such a fun and upbeat person. Even when things went a little bit wrong, you never let it get you down. You are definitely a glass half full person! Best of luck in college - I'll be looking for your next trip report!

Great wrap-up!!! The trip was a great trip, and it is so nice to see a mother/daughter pair like the 2 of you. And she came to visit!!! How awesome!!
Your doggie is adorable! And your roommate looks like she is neat, so thats good for you since you are very tidy as well. My son had a horribly messy roommate his 1st year in the dorms (and his 2nd year in an apartment now that I think about it) and the mess drove him nuts.

Can't wait for you to start the new TR! And congrats on declaring your double majors!! I told you college would start to look up for you! :thumbsup2

Lovin' the title!! :thumbsup2

YAY I'm so proud of you! You ambitious child.

I LOVE that magazine. I must have read it like 8 times at your house haha.

I love that flag! It's you babe. :p Full House reference!

Mother's has a bird on it...I'm terrified of birds...but I like the lighthouse!

PEP!!!! I miss him. </3

Dontcha wish ya still wore that uniform every day! :upsidedow

AWWW Mother and Jess. You guys are the most precious people aliveee. I sitll haven't visited yet! I will eventually haha.

WHERE AM I IN THAT PICTUREEE?!!?! This is NOT okay. LOL just kidding you're beautieeeful.

BIRDS. :scared1:

AUGUST, AUGUST, AUGUST!!!!! :cheer2: Woohoo!

Hahaha thanks. We need to find out what the real words are :rotfl:
Thank you!
Yes, it's a good magazine. Any Disney related reading material is good stuff!
Haha Full House :love:
I know... but it matches the house. It's a cute flag... I can see why she picked it. Consistent theme we've got going :laughing:
I miss pep too :(
YES I wish I wore that uniform every day. It's hard picking out my own clothes now!!
Haha it's okay - come any time. At least I can come home and visit you for now!
I know... we'll have to take a new heart one soon! (I don't think we took any in Disney... wah)
YAY FOR AUGUST!!!! :banana:

I'm so sad it's over :sad1: BUT I can't wait for the next report complete with all your cute dresses!!

Me too! But YAYY I'm excited too! The dresses will be making appearances! Woohoo! :goodvibes

Great TR!!! Why doesn't your roommate have any personal effects on her wall? What kind of teenager is she? haha Even if Disney isn't her thing--- who could fathom that???---she should have some kid of thing....

Can't wait for the next trip report!

Thank you! Haha I know she needs to spice it up! She ordered some stuff from Amazon the other day so she'll be decorating it soon!
Thank you! I can't wait either!!

Luvin the pics of your pets..
My doggies go mad when we get back as well.. One jumps really high and he headbutt my bottom last year when we got back he was that excited..
:lmao:

So when's the next trip report starting???

Thank you! Hahahaha that's hilarious :rotfl2: Dogs are too cute.
It's starting veryyy soon! :goodvibes

I can't tell you how much I've enjoyed reading your trip report! How wonderful to be able to spend quality time with your Mom in Disney World. You seem like such a fun and upbeat person. Even when things went a little bit wrong, you never let it get you down. You are definitely a glass half full person! Best of luck in college - I'll be looking for your next trip report!

Thank you so much! We had a wonderful time, and I'm so glad we got to go too! Aww thank you so much - that's so nice! :goodvibes I like to be optimistic - no need to waste time being sad! Thank you very much, and I am looking forward to starting it!

Great wrap-up!!! The trip was a great trip, and it is so nice to see a mother/daughter pair like the 2 of you. And she came to visit!!! How awesome!!
Your doggie is adorable! And your roommate looks like she is neat, so thats good for you since you are very tidy as well. My son had a horribly messy roommate his 1st year in the dorms (and his 2nd year in an apartment now that I think about it) and the mess drove him nuts.

Can't wait for you to start the new TR! And congrats on declaring your double majors!! I told you college would start to look up for you! :thumbsup2

Thank you! It was a wonderful trip and visit the other day. I just love my Mom haha
Thank you so much! Yeah my roommate and I are pretty neat people so our room is usually nice and clean. That probably was not fun for your son! It would drive me nuts too!
Thank you! And thanks! I'm excited about that! I hope all goes well!​

I'm taking Understanding Scripture, Research and Writing, and Computer Generated Art. I actually just declared my major today - I'm doing a dual major of graphic design and integrated marketing! So hooray! That's exciting news!​

That is exciting news! I am in my last Fall semester of classes for my Masters degree; when I am all done, I want to be an Academic/Career Advisor, so I definitely understand how exciting and what a relief it is once you decide a major or majors and/or minor!

Okay I think I have officially joined the ranks of the frumps after what just happened. When I saw that you used my modified lyrics in your wrap up title I got SO excited and I think I may have overreacted juuust a bit (as in jumping up and down and scaring my dogs). I'm honored! :goodvibes

Congratulations on declaring your majors! That is so stressful and overwhelming but it feels great once it's done! :thumbsup2

I have enjoyed this TR so much because I would love to take my mom on a mother/daughter trip. I think my mom and I have a very similar relationship to yours. We are very close and she is one of my absolute best friends! :lovestruc

That's great that you got to go to the F&G festival too! That was going on during my first trip in '07 and I LOVED it! I thought they had those topiaries all the time! :rotfl:

I am the EXACT same way with ADRs! I usually change all of my ADRs before a trip at least once. I'm really bad about adding more too. I start out with just a few then by the time the trip comes I have at least one a day!

OMG Pepper is the cutest thing ever!! :love: I am such a dog fanatic! They are so sweet and loveable!

Hahaha, your cats' reaction cracked me up! Cats are so nonchalant. I think that's why I like dogs so much. I need a pet that acts like I'm the best thing on earth! :laughing:

Your mother/daughter photo shoot on the beach is gorgeous! Your hair is amazingly beautiful!

So sad this is over, but I am excited to hear about this August trip! :banana:

First, you got a lot out of your last day in Disney! You and your Mother certainly did have a wonderful trip together. Love that you managed to get in one more photo with Jasmine & Aladian.:lmao:

Thank-you for sharing this trip with us, and I can't wait until you next TR.

Omg, could you and your mom BE any cuter? I so enjoy reading your TR's...more than you know. :) I'm glad to hear you've figured out your majorS! That's so exciting. :banana:

I cannot WAIT to see what your next TR has in store! I am doing a poor job of consistently updating my TR, but grad school has been SOOOO crazy busy. And I'm still waiting on my friend's cd of pictures from our trip before I really get into it. :rolleyes1 I bet it feels really good to look through your completed TR's and see all of your hard work turn out so well!

Wait, what? It's already over? OH MY GOSH. How did I get so far behind? I haven't even started classes yet. I'm like the worst trip report reader ever.

Anyway, um, I have a million things to say, so let's go.

1. Via Napoli - We have an ADR here for our November trip. I'm quite excited. It looks very yummy.

2. Illuminations - Siiiiigh :cloud9:

3. I love all of your princess pics. I really do hope you get to be one someday. :hug:

4. I also love that people think of me (and my TRs) while in WDW. I especially love that it's the egg-throwing platypuses that remind you of me. I wouldn't have it any other way. :upsidedow

5. We also have a Boma breakfast ADR booked for Nov. I'm a sucker for a good omelet and the french toast looks delish.

6. All of your dresses are FAB.

7. Awwww at the whole Aladdin and Jasmine M&G.

8. Boo at leaving Disney. :sad1:

9. "Livin' it up, that hot sauce feeling" I AM DYING. OMG. I'm never going to be able to hear that song again without singing those words in my head. I really need to catch up on her TR.

10. Hooray for declaring your majors! I've changed my major so many times, it's not even funny.

11. Your dog is adorable. Your dorm is HUGE. I thought my freshman dorm was big, but it was no where near that. All of your Disney posters are wonderful. :thumbsup2 I love when my Mommy comes and visits me at school. You guys remind me so much of us.

Well, that wasn't quite a million things, but I think I managed to comment on all of the big stuff. This was another excellent TR, Jess. Well done. You get a golf clap from me. And I can't wait to hear all about your Frump reunion!

Awhwwwwhhhh! What a great wrap up! Your animals are too cute!
Congrats on picking your major! I did a double major and it's crazy but you end up with more options and it's totally manageable. Good choice :thumbsup2
Yay for being so close to the beach! Such a wonderful thinking place :)
Those pictures with your mum are so lovely! My mother also gets a little excited when it comes to the self timer, so cute.
Sad it over but so excited for the next trip!
It's truly been a pleasure to follow along :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter