“IT’S OUR MOTHER DAUGHTER TRIP!” Our Spontaneous Getaway - April 2011 COMPLETE 9/13

JessicaFaye508

DIS Veteran
:daisy: Calling all Mothers, Daughters, and Disney Lovers out there! :daisy:

It is my pleasure to welcome you to my third ever Trip Report here on disboards!

If you have read my other 2 trip reports before, welcome back for yet another story! Thank you so much for being a loyal reader! I really, truly appreciate it!

For those of you who are new, I’m so grateful that you decided to stop in today!

Here’s a little back information for you all. This is actually my Third Disney Vacation that I have taken this year.

The first trip of the year was my Graduation Present. It took place in January, and I went with my best friends Kristen, Vickie, and my Mom. The trip report is titled:

The Port Report: Frumpin Around the World with the Bathrobe Princesses :-)

That is probably the more thorough trip report of the two - there are even youtube videos of our entire trip that you are welcome to watch! If you are my age, love princesses, or ever have wanted to go to Disney World with your best friends, this is definitely the Trip Report for you!

Then I went again in February with my family, and that trip report is still in progress! It is called:

"She's Looking at Food Pictures Again!" ★ A February Family Vacation!

This Trip Report is more classic - documenting the adventures of my family (and our restaurant choices) on our Disney Vacation!

And now this trip report is about my 3rd Disney visit of the year, and I spent it with my Mom!

If you haven’t read my other two trip reports yet, you are welcome to do so! (actually, I encourage it!) Just click on the names of either one that I listed. Both of those Trip Reports would be in your great interest if you enjoy this one… or if you like Disney in general :)

If you’re wondering why we have gone so many times this year…….

No, we’re not insane. :lmao:

We just have annual passes!! And we’re trying to use them to the max! (well… as much as you can when you live 3 hours away by plane. :laughing:) And we also have a great love for Disney!

So, for all of you new readers out there, thank you so much for choosing to click on my Trip Report! I hope you enjoy your time reading! And I hope I live up to my job as the writer!

And for all of my previous followers, I hope you enjoy this Trip Report as much as the others!

So, without further ado, I am very happy to welcome you to....

“IT’S OUR MOTHER DAUGHTER TRIP!” Our Spontaneous Getaway - April 2011

Let the trip report commence!

Who went on this trip?

Well, there’s just two of us this time.

Jess

dsc1132i.jpg

That’s me! I am your trip report writer this evening. (or morning… depending on when you are reading. :laughing:) I have been raised on Disney, and have been happily addicted since a very young age. I, unfortunately, cannot give you an exact number of how many times I have been to Disney World because… I don’t even know myself! But my rough estimate would be 20-25 times. Disney music probably consumes my iPod more than songs you would hear on the radio. My room is decorated in Disney. (pictures, snowglobes, a tinkerbell comforter… the whole nine yards!) My car has a Minnie antenna topper, a Mickey decal on the back, my key chains are all princesses, and I have a Little Mermaid house key. My senior superlative was voted "Princess" because everyone knows I'm the Disney Girl - it was even mentioned in the Salutatorian's speech at Graduation! My only life plan I've had since I was 12 years old was to do the College Internship Program at Disney World! (which I need to look into soon!) I am actually more excited for that than college itself, which is quickly approaching in the fall. And lastly, my greatest dream in life is to be Jasmine in Disney World. (and that is NOT because I have a childish crush on Aladdin ;) )

So yes. Can you say obsessed? I can. But I have come to accept that is just who I am!

And my travel companion...

Mother!

dsc0717pz.jpg

Mother is one of my best friends and one of my favorite Disney buddies! She is all for spontaneous trips to Disney (such as this one!) and I think she enjoys them just as much as I do. She is such a sweetheart, can talk to anybody, (especially all of her new “friends” she makes in Disney World) and is an absolutely wonderful Mother! I really love going to Disney with her because, just like me, she understands the magic and never gets tired of it!

So, what is the back-story behind this trip?

Well, there were a lot of thoughts going into this spontaneous getaway. I always had in mind that I wanted to go for my 18th birthday, which is actually May 8th. (We were there on April 8th. Close Enough.) Also, Mother’s Day was May 8th this year, so our idea of doing our long awaited Mother-Daughter trip seemed very appropriate. And my Mom and I always wanted to go to the Flower and Garden Festival and really explore everything about it.

So one night, My Mom and I were looking at the calendar for days we could go that spring. The only time we really could go was that next weekend! We looked at flights, called up DVC, saw what was available, and came to the delightful conclusion that we should just book it! Why the heck not?!

We got the okay from my Dad, set up our ADR’s (that changed several times over the course of our trip!) and were ready to go in a couple of days!

I’m so glad we are the type of people who can just get up and go! Because this was one of my favorite trips of all time!

When was this trip?

April 7th- April 11th, 2011

Yes, I know it’s now July. But I have been taking more trips that I can keep up with this year! Not that that’s a bad thing. :rotfl: I hope you still enjoy it, even though it's a few months late!

Food?

We were NOT on the Disney Dining Plan. AGAIN!
I don’t know why, but when I’m there with my family, we just never do it. But don’t worry, we ate just as much food as you would expect us to eat if we were on the plan. (if not more!) We probably made an ADR for almost every meal since we were only there for a short time.

Where did we stay?

A studio at Animal Kingdom Lodge in Kidani Village!

And hopefully that is everything!

Leave as many comments as you can think of – I love them! Thank you so much for reading along, I truly appreciate your presence!

We hope you enjoy our Magical Mother Daughter Trip!

dsc0790z.jpg

Here we go…. Off to Disney World….! :tinker:
(I hope you caught the Peter Pan reference there!)

Yay you started:goodvibes

I am definitely here!

I have to ask, where did you get the pink dress you're wearing in that pic, it is sooo pretty!!

Can't wait for more

Yay! I'm excited to read your TR :banana: I read your graduation TR and loved it, you guys were so cute and fun! :)

I'm in :) I love mother daughter trips :) My mom and I go on one every year. our next one will be in the 2nd week of january so i'm sooooo psyched. can't wait to hear about your trip :)

Hi there! Joining in. :) I lurked on your past 2 TRs. I love your pink dress in the first pic, I bought the same one on my last trip. The print is just so adorable that I had to get it our first night there! lol

I'm here again! I have read the first one and what is finished of the second one, and I'm really enjoying them!

Joining in!! Does Kristen know you started? She's usually one of the first ones here :laughing: I just wanted to say your trip reports are becoming those that I see the username and get excited to click on because I've read every one! :goodvibes Can't wait to hear how your trip was, especially since you were at AKL, currently my favorite! :cloud9: Anyway, I'll be reading!

I didn't know you took a solo trip with your mother! Can't wait to hear all about it :hug:

You know I'm in! :-) That's so great you went for a quick trip with your mom, so sweet :goodvibes

:thumbsup2 to the accommodation of choice, love AKL :teeth:

Can't wait to read all about this trip! :mickeyjum

Im here to read another one of your great TR! :)

BTW, the dress you are wearing in the first picture is adorable!!!

:cheer2::cheer2: I'm so excited for another one of your trip reports! I can't wait to hear about all of you and your moms adventures! :surfweb:

Joining in for this one too!! Yay on taking a Mother Daughter trip! Can't wait to read more and hear all about AKL! :thumbsup2

Hope you manage to get on to the College Internship Programme and be Jasmine one day! ;)

Joining in to read along on your trip report. I have read the first one but have not had time to read the second one. I hope to do so this weekend. You and your mom have family beat planning a trip in one week. We planned our 8 day trip 7 weeks ahead of time.

Lucy

I read your other trip reports before signing up, so I figured I should leave a comment this time! :) It's really awesome that you and your mom can go have a trip like this together - I love my mom and all, but I'm pretty sure we'd need separate rooms on if we travelled by ourselves!

Looking forward to hearing all about your trip. My favourite trip to date was the one I took with just me and my 4 yr old daughter.:goodvibes I hope to one day take a trip together once again when she is your age.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter