“IT’S OUR MOTHER DAUGHTER TRIP!” Our Spontaneous Getaway - April 2011 COMPLETE 9/13

Still catching up... school is pulling me behind GRRRR...

Oh, I love those lucky cats! I've heard about them before. It's so cool actually seeing them. I'd definitely take green and gold any day :teeth: And Japan does have very nice flowers back there :-)

Ooooo... Via Napoli! Everything looks so good there. I'm having second thoughts about doing Tutto Italia over that next time I'm in WDW. Those Zeppoles are calling to me I think, especially with the whipped cream and the fudge or whatever that is. The salad also looks very good :-) And that's sad a family the dog and the guy sat with were grouchy, Disney=Happiness, no way around that formula. LOL But glad to see you enjoyed your meal otherwise :D

Oh, I love watching IllumiNations from Italy! There is really nobody there during IllumiNations. Of course, I was watching from Italy Isola, the most crowded place, but you get a really good view there and seeing Italy behind us, it looked so pretty :goodvibes

Awwww... that's so cool all the CMs call her the Queen. Very cute. I've only heard Princess and Prince. But that's pretty cool :-) And great pictures with Belle and Cinderella, the new M&G has such great backdrops :thumbsup2

Oh, you never noticed it on your February trip? I know we were there at the same time and there were refurb walls up and a tarp over the Hitchhiking Ghosts scene... I'm surprised you didn't notice... I guess it depends on how much you're interested in the ride and I LOOVVEE the Haunted Mansion! :goodvibes I can't wait to see the new updates, they sound so cool, though I'm very classical and don't know if I'll adjust to the new Hitchiking Ghosts scene :/

Oh wow, you did a lot after that. LOL @ the Platypuses! I thought they didn't do much... Phineas has lied to me! :sad: Haha I've never actually noticed them before, but they are pretty funny. I've also wondered when they are going to close SWSA. They say it would be closed in the first phase, which is supposed to be finished soon...
it's really strange :confused3 And I can't believe your mom got the highest possible score on Buzz, whoa!

Oh I love the castle at night! It's just so pretty! I've wondered what has been going on with the Castle suite too... they never mention it a lot same with the Dream Suite in DLR... it would be awesome if they started giving more chances to go book a few nights there :cloud9:

Awww... only one more update :( Well, at least you have more TRs in the works, can't wait to read those, as well as this one of course! :mickeyjum

We were there before Christmas last year. We went to the MVMCP and it was sensational!:santa:
The decorations, a very cute show in Tomorrowland with Buzz and Stitch of course as well as all the rest of them. It 'snowed' there and on main street.
The show in front of the castle was great!
It you can make it, go to the party because they light the castle with the icicle lights and then the Holiday fireworks are so pretty. When we came out of the darkness and into the top of the drop at Splash it just took our breath away to see the castle draped in lights and changing color. My sister has been many times but always just before the Christmas decorations etc and when I asked her to go to the party to see the castle lights, and her blasé attitude of "I've been there and seen the lights" had no idea that the castle would be lit up the way it was. She was reluctant to pay the extra fee for what she thought would be just free hot chocolate and cookies. :lmao:

The Christmas parade at night has a special feel to it (well aside from freezing) it was cold when we were there. It was very cool because we went before the first party (there were decorations up) and then when we went back for the party it seemed there were even more decorations.
The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights? Unbelievable. Be sure you are there when they first light them at dusk or just after. It is a sight that will stick in your memory forever. The music and everything involved is spellbinding. They had always started hanging the lights before my sister had left on other visits but she hadn't seen them. We both LOVED them.

by the way I've followed along and read all of your trip reports. Just love the way you write and envy your many trips!

Really enjoying your TR! Thanks for the tip to watch Illuminations from Italy! We were just in Italy last year for our anniversary so this would be perfect for our next trip.

I love Disney at night! This statement brought tears to my eyes:

"Walt Disney would be so proud if he could see all that has come of his dream."

You know, there is something to be said for hanging back and taking in the view from farther back. Your View of Illuminations was beautiful!

I love you Mother-Daughter photos, such a nice momento of your trip!

UGH, more last day of the trip talk, people why do TR's have to end:confused:

Hooray! Updates :)

Via Napoli <3 <3

I wanted to try the Zeppoles- but it was that or Schoolbread and well.............

The picture you got from Italy of IllumiNations is great! Looks like a wonderful spot to watch :thumbsup2

Haha, happy cast members :) Makes my day

That Belle is GORGEOUS. I don't know if I've ever met a Belle in her yellow dress! It's always her non-princess dress I see her in.

Yeah really- why are they throwing eggs? That ride has the most random stuff. I wonder if the designers were just messing with us and putting random things in there. Who knows! (Well, I hope sommeeeone does...cuz I want to know!)

Love that sweater :)

Aww, one more update!?? :( but that just means you get to start the next one! YAYAYAYAYAY! I'm beyond excited :) :)

That sounds like a great spot to watch Illuminations! Love the princess pics, it's always so much fun meeting them and hearing the funny things they come up with!

That sweater is so cute! I love the 40th anniversary stuff, it's not too flashy and bright but still very adorable.

Can't believe you're already to the last day of the trip! I hate that TRs have to end. But at least you have more to write!:thumbsup2

Catching up...

Your dorm room looks great! Glad to see you've settled in well. Definitely good to have a nice roommate when your stuck with her for a year or years depending. But I'm sorry to hear it's hard trying to fit in, but I'm sure you will after refreshing yourself by being home for awhile :thumbsup2

I've never been to Disney during the Holidays, but I know I've heard about a few things. There is MVMCP, which I'm sure you know about, with the Christmas Parade and they have the rare characters come out too in Holiday attire. I've also heard they have a lot of Christmas displays in places like the Grand Floridian, the Beach Club, the BoardWalk and a ton other deluxes (Oh I forgot Contemporary too). Also, they have at the Streets of America in DHS is The Osbourne Dancing Spectacle of Lights, which looks fantastic and I think it snows sometime. There also is the Holiday Storytellers around EPCOT... yeah, maybe I know too much for someone who has never gone to Disney during Christmas. Hope this helps :-)

Thanks! Yeah, I love my room and my roommate so that's all going well! And it's not that I'm trying to fit it... it's more that I'm trying to find people I click with haha. They're either crazy partiers or they're a little too.. unique for me, I guess you could say. Haha thankfully my roommate is like me so we will continue to look for more people we relate to!
And yes, going home is GREAT. I just felt so much more refreshed! I'm so glad I didn't go far, because having the ability to go home almost whenever is wonderful.
Thank you for all of your suggestions! They are definitely on the list.. and I will report back on all of them so you can even further expand your knowledge! :)

You are right, that does look like a great spot to view Illuminations. :thumbsup2

I'm so glad you agree! It was wonderful.

Haha well in between all my homework I'll try to get one in for ya. :p

Thank you for getting TWO in. I was very happy.

Still catching up... school is pulling me behind GRRRR...

Oh, I love those lucky cats! I've heard about them before. It's so cool actually seeing them. I'd definitely take green and gold any day :teeth: And Japan does have very nice flowers back there :-)

Ooooo... Via Napoli! Everything looks so good there. I'm having second thoughts about doing Tutto Italia over that next time I'm in WDW. Those Zeppoles are calling to me I think, especially with the whipped cream and the fudge or whatever that is. The salad also looks very good :-) And that's sad a family the dog and the guy sat with were grouchy, Disney=Happiness, no way around that formula. LOL But glad to see you enjoyed your meal otherwise :D

Oh, I love watching IllumiNations from Italy! There is really nobody there during IllumiNations. Of course, I was watching from Italy Isola, the most crowded place, but you get a really good view there and seeing Italy behind us, it looked so pretty :goodvibes

Awwww... that's so cool all the CMs call her the Queen. Very cute. I've only heard Princess and Prince. But that's pretty cool :-) And great pictures with Belle and Cinderella, the new M&G has such great backdrops :thumbsup2

Oh, you never noticed it on your February trip? I know we were there at the same time and there were refurb walls up and a tarp over the Hitchhiking Ghosts scene... I'm surprised you didn't notice... I guess it depends on how much you're interested in the ride and I LOOVVEE the Haunted Mansion! :goodvibes I can't wait to see the new updates, they sound so cool, though I'm very classical and don't know if I'll adjust to the new Hitchiking Ghosts scene :/

Oh wow, you did a lot after that. LOL @ the Platypuses! I thought they didn't do much... Phineas has lied to me! :sad: Haha I've never actually noticed them before, but they are pretty funny. I've also wondered when they are going to close SWSA. They say it would be closed in the first phase, which is supposed to be finished soon...
it's really strange :confused3 And I can't believe your mom got the highest possible score on Buzz, whoa!

Oh I love the castle at night! It's just so pretty! I've wondered what has been going on with the Castle suite too... they never mention it a lot same with the Dream Suite in DLR... it would be awesome if they started giving more chances to go book a few nights there :cloud9:

Awww... only one more update :( Well, at least you have more TRs in the works, can't wait to read those, as well as this one of course! :mickeyjum

Haha don't worry... I know how you feel. I have to do my updates and comments at strange hours of the day. Updates are usually my reward for completing hours of homework.
Japan is overall an excellent country... great atmosphere and great souvenirs!
I haven't done Tutto before, but I heard it's closing for a year.. so maybe you'll want to get it in before the renovations take place. Via Napoli will be there for next next time! Just make sure you do it eventually - it's great!
Yes, it's a great spot!
Thanks! That was a very nice meet and greet!
You see... I noticed it while I was there... but I had so many other things running through that mind that the memory didn't stick. But hey, it was a nice surprise in April and I really enjoyed it! I'm sure you're going to like the new update - it really is very cool.
Haha so many mysteries in Fantasyland.
And yes, I wish they'd talk about the suite more. If it's just sitting up there not being used... that is such a shame.
Yayy! TR's with me just never seem to be over! Which is always a good thing!

We were there before Christmas last year. We went to the MVMCP and it was sensational!:santa:
The decorations, a very cute show in Tomorrowland with Buzz and Stitch of course as well as all the rest of them. It 'snowed' there and on main street.
The show in front of the castle was great!
It you can make it, go to the party because they light the castle with the icicle lights and then the Holiday fireworks are so pretty. When we came out of the darkness and into the top of the drop at Splash it just took our breath away to see the castle draped in lights and changing color. My sister has been many times but always just before the Christmas decorations etc and when I asked her to go to the party to see the castle lights, and her blasé attitude of "I've been there and seen the lights" had no idea that the castle would be lit up the way it was. She was reluctant to pay the extra fee for what she thought would be just free hot chocolate and cookies. :lmao:

The Christmas parade at night has a special feel to it (well aside from freezing) it was cold when we were there. It was very cool because we went before the first party (there were decorations up) and then when we went back for the party it seemed there were even more decorations.
The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights? Unbelievable. Be sure you are there when they first light them at dusk or just after. It is a sight that will stick in your memory forever. The music and everything involved is spellbinding. They had always started hanging the lights before my sister had left on other visits but she hadn't seen them. We both LOVED them.

by the way I've followed along and read all of your trip reports. Just love the way you write and envy your many trips!

Thank you so much for the write up about MVMCP! I'm super sad because they aren't having any while I'm there!! :( I know.. it stinks. But I think they're doing all of that entertainment during normal park hours because it's the week of christmas... so i'll make sure to see the castle lighting, holiday wishes, and the parade! I really can't wait - it's going to be magical!
Thank you for specifying when to get to the spectacle of lights. I would think that getting there early would be a good idea - so thanks for clarifying.. I wasn't quite sure. I bet that's gonna be AWESOME!
Aww thank you so much! I'm glad you're here and enjoying!

Really enjoying your TR! Thanks for the tip to watch Illuminations from Italy! We were just in Italy last year for our anniversary so this would be perfect for our next trip.

I love Disney at night! This statement brought tears to my eyes:

"Walt Disney would be so proud if he could see all that has come of his dream."

Thank you very much! No problem - thought I would share the good advice as long as I have it! That would be REALLY cute to do... it's nice and romantic so I think you both would enjoy it!
I love it too! And aww I LOVE Walt Disney. I saw One Man's Dream on my last trip and I gained even MORE respect for that man. He really had an amazing heart and I wish he could still be with us today.

You know, there is something to be said for hanging back and taking in the view from farther back. Your View of Illuminations was beautiful!

I love you Mother-Daughter photos, such a nice momento of your trip!

UGH, more last day of the trip talk, people why do TR's have to end:confused:

Thank you! I know, it was very enjoyable even though it wasn't your typical view.
Thank you!
And aww I know!! But don't worry.. you're gonna have some "beginning of the trip" talk VERY soon!!

Hooray! Updates :)

Via Napoli <3 <3

I wanted to try the Zeppoles- but it was that or Schoolbread and well.............

The picture you got from Italy of IllumiNations is great! Looks like a wonderful spot to watch :thumbsup2

Haha, happy cast members :) Makes my day

That Belle is GORGEOUS. I don't know if I've ever met a Belle in her yellow dress! It's always her non-princess dress I see her in.

Yeah really- why are they throwing eggs? That ride has the most random stuff. I wonder if the designers were just messing with us and putting random things in there. Who knows! (Well, I hope sommeeeone does...cuz I want to know!)

Love that sweater :)

Aww, one more update!?? :( but that just means you get to start the next one! YAYAYAYAYAY! I'm beyond excited :) :)

YAYY!
Haha yeah... if I had to choose I would have chosen school bread too. I forgive you.
Thank you! Yes, it was really cute there!
Aww well if you want to meet her in her yellow dress go to that greeting area in Magic Kingdom on Main Street! Or Akershus!
Such a good point about IASW. Haha that ride is so frumpy... I always notice something new every time I ride it.
Thank you!
And yes. And a wrap up, too. I know - it's so sad! But it's okay because then I get to start AUGUST!!! I'm so excited too haha

That sounds like a great spot to watch Illuminations! Love the princess pics, it's always so much fun meeting them and hearing the funny things they come up with!

That sweater is so cute! I love the 40th anniversary stuff, it's not too flashy and bright but still very adorable.

Can't believe you're already to the last day of the trip! I hate that TRs have to end. But at least you have more to write!:thumbsup2

It was! Thank you! I totally agree.. they're so funny!
Thank you! I agree... it's like... vintage. And I love it!
I know, right!? That one went by fast. But it was a much shorter trip, so that's why. I am glad I have another TR starting - that one is gonna be GREAT!!

Great! you will get the full effect of all the Christmas celebration!

The only thing was it just wasn't as crowded. With your history of trips though, you've already enjoyed everything else.

Your dorm room is so sweet. Hope your roommate is a Disney fan? If not another person to enlist in the Disney fan army!
Don't worry, College will gradually get more familiar and you will get more comfortable.
Then in no time you'll be wishing it was your first day all over again.
Take it from a grandmother, you and every other youngster on here, treasure every moment you are having now and store them in your memory bank. They're fun to pull out on a lazy day.

Awww i'm sad to see your TR coming to an end already, But I can't wait for you guys to get the next one started.

Your res hall looks awesome, I think that if mine had been set up like that it might have been a better experience for me. We had to share our washrooms with the entire floor and they got really really disgusting, I like your setup much better.

Can't wait for your last update:goodvibes

I can't wait to read your new trip report with the frumps! Terrific report with your mom. I love that you reward yourself with dising! I think it is great that you and your roommate click. Maybe you both could join a club (service club or something) to help you meet others.

We are headed back to Disney in December too, but we arrive 12/17 and depart 12/21 or 12/22 - I haven't decided. I might add a day... ;)

Right now we are at SSR for two nights and BCV for two nights. I just secured the BCV two nights yesterday, so I will keep calling to get the other two at either AKV, BCV, BLT or BWV.

Welcome back!
That's basically when we're going to be there! Except we're arriving a couple days earlier and leaving a day later. So I'm glad you have some advice!
We're doing a CP Package and we're seeing the Osborne lights! I'm super excited for that... even though I am bracing myself for crowds. :headache: When do you think we should go to the show? Right before it opens or more in the middle of the showing?
I actually remember reading your TR and a booked a sleigh ride for the four of us after our dinner at Whispering Canyon! Your review was great so I am glad I booked it! I'm sure it's going to be wonderful!
That sounds like a nice relaxing night for New Years Eve. We might end up doing that. How crowded was the Poly Beach? And how early did you get there?
Thanks for the tip! I hope our trip is a little warmer because last year it seemed to be very cold!! But I guess we won't know till we get there!
Thank you about the dorm! Yeah, it's quite the adjustment... I didn't know what to expect so it is difficult adjusting. But I hope I'll be loving it soon!
YAYY I can't wait to share that TR with you all! It's gonna be a good one! Only one update and the wrap-up to go!

I would recommend going to the Osborne lights at the very beginning! When we saw them we had waited for awhile and the crowds were huge!

Yay! I'm so glad you are doing the sleigh ride! You will love it! :thumbsup2

We had dinner at 10:00 I think, and we went down after that. It was really really crowded, but it was fine because we only stayed long enough to see the fireworks and left!

Before I get onto your updates, I have a few more side comments. First of all, I just realized this entire date you have been posting (April 10) was my birthday! Very cool!

Oh, and here is the bigger news: I'M GOING TO DISNEY WORLD DECEMBER 28-JANUARY 3!!!!!! Which means, I think, that we will be there at the same time!!! :banana: :woohoo: :cool1:

Okay, onto your updates! Ohhh my, Via Napoli looks amazing! I really need to try this someday!

I love the picture of you in front of the fireworks! You are so pretty!

Hahaha, I loved the hint to your future husband! That sounds like an amazing proposal!

That's so cool about the girl getting married at the wedding pavilion. I wanted so badly to have my wedding at Disney, but I knew it would be outrageous. I settled for my honeymoon there instead! ;)

I LOVE the new HM effects too! We rode it so many times in June just to see what the different "tricks" were! So cute!

I am the same way on IASW! I can't put my camera down!

Crazy as it sounds, I have never been on Indy Speedway! I need to do that!

I'm so sad that it's time for the last update already, but I can't wait for your next report! :goodvibes

Great! you will get the full effect of all the Christmas celebration!

The only thing was it just wasn't as crowded. With your history of trips though, you've already enjoyed everything else.

Your dorm room is so sweet. Hope your roommate is a Disney fan? If not another person to enlist in the Disney fan army!
Don't worry, College will gradually get more familiar and you will get more comfortable.
Then in no time you'll be wishing it was your first day all over again.
Take it from a grandmother, you and every other youngster on here, treasure every moment you are having now and store them in your memory bank. They're fun to pull out on a lazy day.

Yes I will! Crowds and all ;) hahaha
Yeah, doing rides is not a priority on this trip... it's more seeing the seasonal stuff. So we'll just concentrate on the food and the christmas season!
Thank you! Haha she likes Disney but she's not a super crazy fan. I'm sure I'll convert her eventually! Yesterday she took a picture of a princess suitcase for me while she was at the mall... so she's starting to get the idea :rotfl:
I really hope so. It's hard to get used to. I think it'll take a couple months. But hopefully I'll be able to look back on it one day and be happy with the experience.
Thank you for the advice :hug:

Awww i'm sad to see your TR coming to an end already, But I can't wait for you guys to get the next one started.

Your res hall looks awesome, I think that if mine had been set up like that it might have been a better experience for me. We had to share our washrooms with the entire floor and they got really really disgusting, I like your setup much better.

Can't wait for your last update:goodvibes

I knoww. It's sad. But the next one will be fun!
Yeah, our dorms are really nice. I'm sorry your experience wasn't too great.
Ps I see by your ticker that you're GOING TO DISNEY TODAY! Have fun! :banana:

I can't wait to read your new trip report with the frumps! Terrific report with your mom. I love that you reward yourself with dising! I think it is great that you and your roommate click. Maybe you both could join a club (service club or something) to help you meet others.

We are headed back to Disney in December too, but we arrive 12/17 and depart 12/21 or 12/22 - I haven't decided. I might add a day... ;)

Right now we are at SSR for two nights and BCV for two nights. I just secured the BCV two nights yesterday, so I will keep calling to get the other two at either AKV, BCV, BLT or BWV.

Thank you! I'm excited too! And haha, it's a great reward! Trip Report Updating and Full House on DVD are getting me through college... not even kidding :laughing:
I'm glad my roommate and I get along too! And yeah, we probably will join something soon! The clubs meeting is coming up soon!
You definitely should add a day!! Haha why not ;) I will be arriving two days after you! Hooray for december!
YOU'RE THERE RIGHT NOW!? Lucky duck. I wish I was there. I wonder what your third resort will be...

I would recommend going to the Osborne lights at the very beginning! When we saw them we had waited for awhile and the crowds were huge!

Yay! I'm so glad you are doing the sleigh ride! You will love it! :thumbsup2

We had dinner at 10:00 I think, and we went down after that. It was really really crowded, but it was fine because we only stayed long enough to see the fireworks and left!

Before I get onto your updates, I have a few more side comments. First of all, I just realized this entire date you have been posting (April 10) was my birthday! Very cool!

Oh, and here is the bigger news: I'M GOING TO DISNEY WORLD DECEMBER 28-JANUARY 3!!!!!! Which means, I think, that we will be there at the same time!!! :banana: :woohoo: :cool1:

Okay, onto your updates! Ohhh my, Via Napoli looks amazing! I really need to try this someday!

I love the picture of you in front of the fireworks! You are so pretty!

Hahaha, I loved the hint to your future husband! That sounds like an amazing proposal!

That's so cool about the girl getting married at the wedding pavilion. I wanted so badly to have my wedding at Disney, but I knew it would be outrageous. I settled for my honeymoon there instead! ;)

I LOVE the new HM effects too! We rode it so many times in June just to see what the different "tricks" were! So cute!

I am the same way on IASW! I can't put my camera down!

Crazy as it sounds, I have never been on Indy Speedway! I need to do that!

I'm so sad that it's time for the last update already, but I can't wait for your next report! :goodvibes

Alright! I will make sure that I am on time!
And I'm so glad too! It'll be really fun! My Mom is looking forward to that!
Oh wow that's a late dinner! Ours is at 7:30.. so I don't know what we're gonna do. We'll see!
WOOHOO I was in Disney on your birthday! How exciting! Happy belated Birthday :laughing:
WE'RE GONNA BE IN DISNEY AT THE SAME TIME!!!! I think I wrote that on your TR too haha. Maybe we'll see eachother (even though it'll be insanely crowded :rotfl:) We're both going to have wonderful trips! I'm excited that you're getting to go again!
You should try Via Napoli on one of your next trips - it's great!
Aww thank you so much! :goodvibes So are you!
Haha yeah, wouldn't it be!? I hope I get proposed to in Disney hahaha
Yeah... I REALLY want to get married there... but I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. I sort of have to find a husband first :rotfl:
I know, aren't the HM mirrors awesome? I love that new effect!
I know.. I'm terrible on IASW... I have hundreds of pictures of it already, yet I still continue to take more every time.
Indy Speedway is okay... I wouldn't do it if the line was more than 20 minutes haha
I can't wait either! I can't believe I'm wrapping this one up already! Crazy stuff!​

This trip report has been great. I love Mother Daughter bonding moments. I am very close with my mom. She is just not a Disney Enthusiast as I am. So I doubt we will be taking a trip to Disney. But I have loved reading about your trip. I am looking forward to the next TR.

I don't like last updates. They're always sad :(

Also re the evil bear thing we decided on another thread on dis somewhere that it was only that one Lotso that was evil because he had a bad past losing the little girl he loved and all that but all the other Lotso's are nice! :goodvibes

This trip report has been great. I love Mother Daughter bonding moments. I am very close with my mom. She is just not a Disney Enthusiast as I am. So I doubt we will be taking a trip to Disney. But I have loved reading about your trip. I am looking forward to the next TR.

Thank you! So do I. Aww I wish your Mom was... but at least you get along. That's a huge plus :thumbsup2 Thank you for reading, and I'll see you on the next TR!

I don't like last updates. They're always sad :(

Also re the evil bear thing we decided on another thread on dis somewhere that it was only that one Lotso that was evil because he had a bad past losing the little girl he loved and all that but all the other Lotso's are nice! :goodvibes

Aww I'm sorry! But I guess every good thing must come to an end. (why does that always have to be true!? :confused3 wah.)
And ohhh hey that's a good point! I never that of that! Good point. Maybe he does have a good side.

Chapter 20 - So Long, Farewell...
April 11th, 2011

I can't believe I'm writing the last update of my third trip report here on the dis! Time sure flies when you're having fun!

To begin our very last morning of our Mother Daughter trip, Mother and I woke up around nine. We both took showers.

Last night we evaluated the breakfast situation. We had 1900 Park Fare booked, however, the Grand Floridian was just so far away... so we cancelled it.

We made a new reservation for Boma at 9:30 am. We, of course, arrived fashionably late at 9:48 am, but they had no trouble seating us.

This buffet is just THAT good to come here twice. I mean, it helps that it was conveniently located in our resort. (that was actually the main reason we returned haha) But overall - the buffet was just as delicious the second time!

We got our food and it was, of course, fantastic! I unfortunately don't remember our server's name. You know, at buffets, you never see the servers, but they're efficient! So I'm not complainin'.

Here is our breakfast:

This is my yogurt (with the real strawberries and bananas right in it!) and granola:

dsc0077rwy.jpg

This is my yummy plate of carbs - banana bread, a croissant, potatoes, and cinnamon rasion french toast.

dsc0078ox.jpg

Here's my omelet, which was ham and cheese:

dsc0079hs.jpg

Here are Mother's plates... with all of the fancy stuff that I don't know the names to:

dsc0080qg.jpg

We went back to the room and finished packing. Sad, sad stuff.

Then we gave our luggage to bell services, checked in for our flight and............

had them hold our carry-ons while we went back to the park!!

You didn't think we were leaving already, did you!?

It really is a great service for them to take care of luggage and airplane check-in for you! Thank you, Disney! And plus, they're trustworthy so we don't feel weird leaving our bags there.

Anyways, we hopped on a bus and went to Epcot. It was taking a long time to load the bus, though, because there were wheelchairs. So we waited.

We ended up talking to this Mom with two daughters. They had just gotten to Disney the day before, and sadly their son had been sick all night! Not only that, but it was their first Disney trip ever!! I felt so bad for them! Mother and I gave them advice on what rides to go to first in Epcot to make sure they got a lot done. That just stinks, though. I hope he got better fast and they ended up having fun!

Soon enough, we were at Epcot!

dsc0081im.jpg

We went straight to Test Track and got Fastpasses.

Then we did one of my favorite things.... we went to Morocco to go meet ALADDIN AND JASMINE!

It was such a long and hot walk to Morocco. But we finally made it. A line was already forming... but it was in the wrong area. So when Aladdin and Jasmine came outside, they filed us through and got us all in the right spot. What saints.

A special needs family asked to cut in front of us, (and of course we said yes!) and Aladdin was SO cute with the boy. He was in a wheel chair and Aladdin told him "Hey! Your Magic Carpet has wheels! That's pretty cool! Mine only has tassels." The little boy was laughing, he was so precious.

After that magical experience, it was MY TURN!! Yay yay yay. I walked up and Aladdin said to me "You look like a Princess! I'll pose you like one!" How did he know?! :-)

dsc0082q.jpg

dsc0084pg.jpg

Beaming with joy:

dsc0085ci.jpg

They both hugged me twice... well actually Aladdin hugged me three times because Mother told him that he was my favorite. He was all excited, so he pulled me off to the side and we got our own picture together. What an angel.

dsc0086il.jpg

It was a wonderful experience meeting both of them. It seriously just never gets old!!

This is one of the meetings I had that really solidified my dream of wanting to be Jasmine. That would literally be my dream job.

Also, I THINK that this Jasmine was the same girl who played Ariel/Cinderella during the January trip. I'm almost positive. She looked so familiar! Lucky, lucky girl.

After meeting the two greatest Disney characters of all time, Mother and I kept walking. We walked through World Showcase and this family in front of us all of the sudden stopped walking and just yelled "SQUIRREL!!!!" Then I saw a little squirrel scamper right in front of them on the path. Hahaha it was so funny! Mother was laughing hysterically. We kept saying that for the rest of the day. "SQUIRREL!"

dsc0088rj.jpg

We went to Norway and picked up some school bread for ourselves and Kristen. It was delicious, as always.

dsc0087ii.jpg

Our next stop was Test Track. We talked to the family in front of us in line and gave them advice about Epcot, Fastpasses, Test Track, etc. Mother and I love sharing our Disney knowledge with newbies haha

We got on the ride, woohoo! After the truck part (where you feel like you're gonna get in a head on collision) our car slowed down. I could see inside the truck, and I saw the driver wearing a lei and a black and white photo.

Now that I'm writing this for the TR, I can honestly say I have no recollection of me noticing this... so next time I'm on Test Track I'm gonna have to take a look and see what the heck I'm talking about hahaha

dsc0089js.jpg

After our ride on Test Track, we went to Mouse Gear! We got my brother, Jonathan, some chocolate coins.

dsc0133bw.jpg

We also got a Mickey Muffin Tin:

dsc0131ds.jpg

A Bag:

dsc0124s.jpg

And Some Plates:

dsc0132gy.jpg

We talked to the cashier for a while, she was so sweet! She told us how her son studied public relations, and now he sells Disney Vacation Club. (and makes good money!) They used to live up north, then they moved to Orlando and now they work in Disney! Lucky people!

We chatted with her for a good while, and then it was sadly time to go. We headed to the bus stop, and the bus came nice and fast! But there were two wheel chairs to be unloaded. It's a lengthy process, but thankfully we had enough time to get back before the Magical Express arrived.

We got back to Animal Kingdom Lodge and got off at the Jambo House.

We went to The Mara to get food to take to the airport. We got flat breads, yogurts, and waters.

We went to cash out and the waitress told us hello, like she knew us!

And wouldn't you know... it was Shellie from Jiko!! She had remembered us from our first night of the trip! She was our favorite waitress from this trip, and seeing her at the beginning and the end of our vacation was like a full circle experience.

She is such and angel and was so happy to see us! She told us she was thinking about us and hoped we had a wonderful Mother Daughter Trip!

She actually gave us her email so she could get us a reservation for Jiko for our Christmas Trip. She only gives it out to certain guests who she really enjoyed meeting! What a sweetheart! Unfortunately, there were so many other places that I want to try during our Christmas Vacation, so Jiko didn't make the cut. I feel bad... but still, that was SO sweet that she thought of us!

We walked back to Kidani and went to the gift shop. We got cookies for Dad and for my friend, Nat.

dsc0123ry.jpg

Then we went to bell services and picked up our bags. We sat at the Magical Express pick-up and ate our yogurts.

dsc0090jv.jpg

The bus came, we got on, and we were the only people from Kidani who were on the bus. You know what that means.... FRONT SEATS, YEAH YEAH!

dsc0092cz.jpg

We stopped at the Jambo House, then Pop Century, and then we headed to the airport. WAHHHHHHH! ):

dsc0093gg.jpg

Sorry to present you all with that horrifying image.

The departure movie is so sad, I get depressed every time I watch it! We really didn't want to leave, this was SUCH a great trip!

We got to the airport and changed our clothes. Stupid me forgot socks, so we had to buy some at the Disney gift shop! (darn..)

dsc0125bj.jpg

And just for future reference - they took our AP Discount there! Woohoo!

dsc0096ge.jpg

I like how they still have a "Year of a Million Dreams" display set up. It's a little outdated, but that/Happiest Celebration on Earth were some of the heights of my Disney obsession. Anyone remember VMK? Yeah, it reminds me of that. Best game EVER. I used to play it like it was my job.

dsc0097tly.jpg

We went through security, and the employee was super energetic! He was making up songs and jingles about putting your license away and taking our your laptops and DVD players. A little song makes every situation a lot more fun! What a great guy... he should work at Disney.

We took the mini-monorail and went to Gate 5.

We sat down and ate our pizza from the Mara. Sadly... flat bread pizzas are just not that good cold. Some pizza is good cold... this one is not. I still ate it though.

dsc0098tc.jpg

dsc0099kw.jpg

Our flight got delayed... we were supposed to leave at 6:22 pm and didn't leave till 7:45 pm.

That's okay... the more time in Florida the better, right? :-)

We talked to this guy who goes around the country and rides roller coasters for a living. And then this other athletic looking girl sat across from us and talked to all of us and she said she thought our Mother Daughter Trip was "precious!" Thank you for using the word "precious," my dear. It is the best word out there!!

We finally boarded the plane. We were in Row 4 - the one with extra leg room. Yay yay. And the best part?! No one was in the third seat! Aka extra EXTRA leg room!

So... after that... my trip journal ends. I can honestly say that I really don't remember what happened. The ride home must have been pretty uneventful... I can guess what happened! I probably updated and completed my Trip Journal, listened to Disney Music on my iPod, and slept. Then my Dad probably picked us up from the airport, we went home, and I had school the next day.

All in all, that was the end of our first official Mother Daughter Disney Trip! It was one of our absolute favorites, and we both really hope we can do another one some day!

Coming Up Next: The Wrap Up!

Continued in Next Post

:( about it being your last day! Sounds like you had a AMAZING trip though!

I love breakfest at boma's, it really is delicious! However you really should check out the grand floridian breakfest sometime, it is one of my favorite breakfest buffet's in disney :)

Sweet experience with aladdin!

I love having epcot as my last park of the trip. something just doesn't feel right if i'm not ending my trip at epcot.

cool full circle experience with the waitress

You guys should have gotten some zebra domes to go as well

I always feel like the ride back to the airport and the ride to the airplanes after you go through security are two of the saddest rides in disney.

Glad you had a great trip!!!!!

I'm so sad that it's over. But I hope your new TR is on the way. ;)

I am just like you, I love spreading my Disney knowledge with newbies too! It's just so nice to help people, because I would love to do anything to make people's trips better.

Keep your dream of being Jasmine alive. I think you would make a great Jasmine. I always wanted to be Alice. Don't ask why, I don't know. But by the time I was thirteen, I was five foot ten, so I think any character other than Maleficent was out of the question by then. :laughing:

Oh, and I just have to say.....mmm school bread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter