• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

“IT’S OUR MOTHER DAUGHTER TRIP!” Our Spontaneous Getaway - April 2011 COMPLETE 9/13

I'm here! I too have to know where you bought your dress on the first page. )Please tell the store, the park, the item number, and the WDW phone number to order...:lmao: okay, seriously, the store/ park is enough. I can look up the phone number myself. :rotfl2:

Great picture of you and your mom.

YAY another TR from you. I ♥ your reports. You and your mom are adorable. I have a great relationship with mine but mine doesn't get my obsession with Disney. Can't wait to read all about it.

Just have to chime in and say it is so nice to see how you really love Disney.

I have read through some of your other TRs and it really comes across how much you enjoy your trips there.

I hope my daughter who is 4.5yrs old right now (our Aug trip will be her 4th to Disney, 1st onsite stay for her though) still loves going as much as you do when she is older.

Probably will end up being dad/daughter trips for us though as her mom is not nearly as much a Disney fan my daughter and I are. :confused3

I read your Frumpin' report and I'm following along on your family TR and was just thinking that I hoped you'd have another report soon and PRESTO here it is.
YAY!!!!

I have read in silence your last 2 reports so I decided to come out on this one! I hope you do look into the college program. I did it in 2007 and i LOVED it! Well the people, the working part was not that fun but i still enjoyed it!

Yay you started:goodvibes

I am definitely here!

I have to ask, where did you get the pink dress you're wearing in that pic, it is sooo pretty!!

Can't wait for more

Hooray! My first poster! Thank you!
And I got the dress in Animal Kingdom. I am almost positive it's from Island Mercantile. Thanks!

I'm in! I lurked on your previous TRs but decided to stop in and say hi!

Hello! I'm so glad you've been reading! I hope you enjoy this story as much as the others!

Yay! I'm excited to read your TR. I read your graduation TR and loved it, you guys were so cute and fun!

Hooray! I'm so glad you're excited! And aww thank you! That was an amazing trip!

YAY! I'm in!

Yay! Thank you for being here!

I'm in. I love mother daughter trips. My mom and I go on one every year. our next one will be in the 2nd week of january so i'm sooooo psyched. can't wait to hear about your trip.

Yay! I'm so glad. And aww I love them too! It was such a special trip and something that my Mom and I always wanted to do! And what better year to do it than when we had our AP's?!
And that's so nice you get to go every year! I bet that's lots of fun!
And I can't wait to share it!

Hi there! Joining in. I lurked on your past 2 TRs. I love your pink dress in the first pic, I bought the same one on my last trip. The print is just so adorable that I had to get it our first night there! lol

Welcome, Welcome! I'm so glad you've been reading along! And aww thank you! Isn't it just adorable!? I like freaked out when I saw it! It's sort of like Vera Bradley looking lol

I'm here again! I have read the first one and what is finished of the second one, and I'm really enjoying them!

Hooray! I'm so glad you're enjoying the TR's! Thank you for reading along!

Joining in!! Does Kristen know you started? She's usually one of the first ones here. I just wanted to say your trip reports are becoming those that I see the username and get excited to click on because I've read every one! :goodvibes Can't wait to hear how your trip was, especially since you were at AKL, currently my favorite! Anyway, I'll be reading!

Hahaha she actually does know that I started but she hasn't commented yet! She's slacking :lmao: Actually it's probably because I was at her house for the past two days haha
And aww that's so nice!! :goodvibes Thank you so much for being such a loyal reader! This was a wonderful trip - I can't wait to share it all!

I didn't know you took a solo trip with your mother! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Yes I did! It was super last minute! But now you get to read this one too :) Hooray!

You know I'm in! :-) That's so great you went for a quick trip with your mom, so sweet

:thumbsup2 to the accommodation of choice, love AKL

Can't wait to read all about this trip!

Yay!! Thanks for always reading along!
It was lots of fun!
And ahhh isn't AKL awesome? :cloud9: I was so happy we got in there!
I can't wait to share it!

Im here to read another one of your great TR!

BTW, the dress you are wearing in the first picture is adorable!!!

Yay thank you! I hope you like it!
And aww thank you so much! I love that dress!

:cheer2: I'm so excited for another one of your trip reports! I can't wait to hear about all of you and your moms adventures!

Hooray! I'm excited to share it with you!

I'm here, of course! I can't ever miss one of your TRs!

Awww thank you for being such a great reader! I hope you enjoy this one too!

Joining in! I love that you guys booked a trip a week before. That's awesome!

That was seriously so awesome! It really gives you a boost of extreme excitement and happiness! It was fantastic!

Joining in for this one too!! Yay on taking a Mother Daughter trip! Can't wait to read more and hear all about AKL!

Hope you manage to get on to the College Internship Programme and be Jasmine one day!

Yay thank you! And I can't wait to share the story!
And I hope so too!!! :goodvibes

Joining in to read along on your trip report. I have read the first one but have not had time to read the second one. I hope to do so this weekend. You and your mom have family beat planning a trip in one week. We planned our 8 day trip 7 weeks ahead of time.

Lucy

Aww well I'm glad you enjoyed the first one! And I hope you like the other 2 as well!
And hahaha wow, well, considering that it was 8 days long, maybe you needed that extra day to plan! :laughing: That's AWESOME!

I read your other trip reports before signing up, so I figured I should leave a comment this time! It's really awesome that you and your mom can go have a trip like this together - I love my mom and all, but I'm pretty sure we'd need separate rooms on if we travelled by ourselves!

Haha aww yay I'm so glad! Thank you for reading! And it was so fun, my Mom and I are really close! And hahaha well, I'm sure if you were in Disney you would still have fun together :rotfl:

Looking forward to hearing all about your trip. My favourite trip to date was the one I took with just me and my 4 yr old daughter. I hope to one day take a trip together once again when she is your age.

Yay! And oh my gosh that's absolutely adorable! I bet that was an amazing vacation! And I hope you get to do that when she's older too! It's a lot of fun and I'm sure both of you would have a fantastic time!

Yay!!!!:cheer2: A new TR!! What a nice surprise! Your reports are my favorite! My dd and I read them. Can't wait to read some more

Hehe I'm so glad you're excited :) And aww thank you so so much! I'm so glad you both enjoy them! I can't wait to share with you!

Subbing! popcorn:: Loved the Frump report! Can't wait for this one! :cheer2:

Haha aww thank you for reading! I'm glad you're here! :wizard:

Yea another on. Can't wait:)

Yay thanks! I can't wait to begin!

I'm here! I too have to know where you bought your dress on the first page. )Please tell the store, the park, the item number, and the WDW phone number to order...:lmao: okay, seriously, the store/ park is enough. I can look up the phone number myself. :rotfl2:

Great picture of you and your mom.

Hooray! And haha I got it in Animal Kingdom, I believe in Island Mercantile. Or Disney Outfitters? I don't know, one of those two! I hope you can find it! :laughing:
And aww thank you!

I'm here!! :)

Yay I'm so glad! Thanks for reading!

YAY another TR from you. I ♥ your reports. You and your mom are adorable. I have a great relationship with mine but mine doesn't get my obsession with Disney. Can't wait to read all about it.

Aww yay thank you so much! And aww well I'm sure you would both still have fun if you went one day! I can't wait to share it with you all!

Just have to chime in and say it is so nice to see how you really love Disney.

I have read through some of your other TRs and it really comes across how much you enjoy your trips there.

I hope my daughter who is 4.5yrs old right now (our Aug trip will be her 4th to Disney, 1st onsite stay for her though) still loves going as much as you do when she is older.

Probably will end up being dad/daughter trips for us though as her mom is not nearly as much a Disney fan my daughter and I are. :confused3

Haha aww thank you! I really do love Disney. It's my favorite thing in the whole world :)
And haha I'm glad they give that impression!
And that's adorable! I bet she'll have a blast! I hope her love for Disney stays in tact throughout her whole life as well!
And aww that would be ADORABLE! I bet you both would have a very magical time!

I read your Frumpin' report and I'm following along on your family TR and was just thinking that I hoped you'd have another report soon and PRESTO here it is.
YAY!!!!

Hahaha aww that's awesome! Here it is!!! :goodvibes I'm glad you enjoy them! Thanks for reading and I can't wait to begin!

I have read in silence your last 2 reports so I decided to come out on this one! I hope you do look into the college program. I did it in 2007 and i LOVED it! Well the people, the working part was not that fun but i still enjoyed it!

Aww thank you for being here! I am definitely going to look into it! I really am excited! I'm glad you liked it! And I hope the working part won't be too bad :rotfl:

Yay I'm excited to read another one of your TRs!

Yay thank you for being here!​

Looking forward to reading another one of your reports. How fun that you and your mom could take a spur of the moment trip together !!!

Chapter 1 - Travel Time!
April 7th, 2011

So, the night before our spontaneous trip, I actually had a chorus concert! I go to an all girls school and we combined our choir with the boys to sing a song with them. After the concert, we went out to Friendly's and got Ice Cream! (And if you were wondering, Kristen and I split a Kit Kat Sundae. DELICIOUS!)

Anyways, the point of that little story is that I didn't end up getting home until 11:15 pm! Geez, where does the time go!?

So, I got home, made a list, packed, and went right to sleep! I knew I was going to Disney tomorrow!! Unfortunately, I still had a day of school to get through!

The morning of April 7th, I went into school late so I just missed 1st period, which was Broadcasting. I had a Math Test 2nd period on the Gut/Power/Quotient Rules (Yay PreCalc!) and I had a Vocab Quiz 3rd period! Then in 8th Period, I had a Chorus Lesson! Pretty solid day, I got a lot done, and soon enough I was going to DISNEY!

I said goodbye to Kristen and then Mother was there to pick me up! We stopped at the store to get sunscreen because we forgot to pack the kind I like. (Banana Boat Tanning Oil) However, they didn't have any! Wahh! Oh well!

Soon enough, we arrived at the airport and went right through security - No Problem! Woohoo!

Our gate was Gate 8, so we were ready to go when the plane got there!

We ate lunch at a restaurant in the airport since we wouldn't be eating till dinner time! Our server was named Penny, and I was sad because she wouldn't let me order a Grilled Cheese :( And the service was slow.

I ended up getting Beef On Weck and Mother got a Tuna Hoagie. (and I started taking food pictures already!)

dsc0658l.jpg

We both decided that it wasn't quite Disney food... (obviously) but it would have to do for now!

Right after we ate, we boarded our plane! We took Jet Blue Flight #669.

We were supposed to leave at 4:26 pm but we left 10 minutes early! Hooray!

dsc0659d.jpg

On the plane I read some "Hamlet" for my wonderful AP English class. We read it in class already, but I brought along the "No Fear Shakespeare" version, and wow! It really helped! I finally understood everything we were talking about it class!

dsc0120aj.jpg

It was a fast flight! (Hamlet was just SO entertaining. hahaha) We landed at 6:41 pm, which was actually half an hour early! YAY!

dsc0660r.jpg

We got off the plane and took the mini monorail. Mother made friends with a family that was going to Disney for their first time. However, they were renting a cottage. But still, they were going to Disney! They were all frazzled about taking the mini monorail, but we pointed them in the right direction and told them all about Fastpasses! I hope they had an enjoyable trip!

We went down to luggage claim. We were having a tricky time finding it, but it was a little father down - #11.

Our luggage came out super fast! Hooray! We went to the bathroom, I put on some make-up (I was feelin' a little frumpy!) and we were off to find the Magical Express!

dsc0662xd.jpg

I know that I've been to Disney so many times now, but finding the Magical Express area ALWAYS gets me confused! We had to ask for directions.

I guess you go up to Section B by escalator, then go down to Floor 1 by elevator, and then walk all the way down. I need to remember that! I'm always blinded by excitement!

We got some water and then checked in at #8.We lined up at Line 2A for Animal Kingdom Lodge/Kidani Village!

dsc0663s.jpg

We sat in the 3rd Row on the left side of the Magical Express Bus! HOORAY!

dsc0664ji.jpg

Our bus driver was very energetic!! His name was Jim. We left the airport at 7:40 pm and had reservations to get to at 8:40 pm. Oh boy, this is gonna be tight!

The sun was setting during our ride.

dsc0665d.jpg

WELCOME TO WALT DISNEY WORLD!!! :wizard:

dsc0672b.jpg

We had to stop at the Caribbean Beach Resort first, which he referred to as the "Colorful Caribbean Beach Resort!" A ton of families got off there!

Then we had to go to Pop Century, which he called "Classic Pop Century." Once the 1 or 2 families at Pop got off, though, I can't remember if it was the bus driver or another passenger, but whoever it was said that Pop is "nothing more than an over-glorified Motel 6 and they overbook it with tour groups." Haha oh okayy. I personally think Pop is adorable.

Then we had to stop at Coronado, which is really pretty! Only one family got off there.

Then we FINALLY got to Animal Kingdom Lodge!

Our bus driver was going to go to Kidani first, but since we were the only ones left on the bus, he took us straight to Jambo House so we could get to dinner!

dsc0674q.jpg

We left our bags at bell services at Jambo House and made it right on time for our dinner reservation!

We finally were at our beautiful new home for the next few days! YAY!

dsc0678t.jpg

Continued in Next Post

So happy I was on to catch your first update.

Your pictures look beautiful! It looked so perfect out when you landed. Is that the kind of camera you have or was it that perfect out?

That's awesome you got the dress right in the AK, I bought one last summer from Island Mercantile and will definitely have to look again in September.

Yay for finally getting to Florida and for making it to your dinner reservation on time

Can't wait for more:goodvibes

Joining in!! popcorn:: Excited to read another one of your reports!

Hooray! Thanks for being here! :)

Looking forward to reading another one of your reports. How fun that you and your mom could take a spur of the moment trip together !!!

I'm so glad! Thank you so much! And I'm so glad we got to :) It was lots of fun!

So happy I was on to catch your first update.

Your pictures look beautiful! It looked so perfect out when you landed. Is that the kind of camera you have or was it that perfect out?

Yay I'm glad too!
And thank you so much! It was absolutely perfect out... although my camera tends to make the sky look REALLY nice :laughing: But it was, in fact, really beautiful weather!

That's awesome you got the dress right in the AK, I bought one last summer from Island Mercantile and will definitely have to look again in September.

Yay for finally getting to Florida and for making it to your dinner reservation on time

Can't wait for more:goodvibes

They have cute dresses! I never realized it until this trip! (I found out that wearing comfy sundresses to Disney is a fantastic idea!)
And yay yay! It was great!
I can't wait to share more!! :)

Getting there is always exciting!! :banana:

Boo homework and studying and anything school related right before vacation! :laughing:

I know I wouldn't have been able to concentrate on school right before leaving for Disney! And yay for arriving early than planned, otherewise you would have missed your dinner reservation!

Lucky you, getting to go to disney right after school. I went to Disney WITH school and I had to wait until early the next morning. :sad2: I disprove of this Hahaha LOL JK

Sorry you didn't get your Grilled Cheese like you wanted. I don't understand why they didn't let you in the first place ?_? I don't think I've ever heard of restaurants forcing you not to order one specific meal. I will never understand some places :confused3

Sounds like you had a nice flight! :-) Totally agree about finding the Magical Express. I'm probably going to have to write it down on a notepad. I usually remember where you have to go for certain places, but it's just a blur, even reading this and seeing the AKL sign, reminding me of my first trip, I don't remember :/ Nice of you helping first timers :thumbsup2

I can't believe how many stops they had before you got off the bus. And I can't believe the person who called POP, a glorified Motel 6... ummm... yeah right! POP is probably the best value you can get, Motel 6 you could get by sleeping in a dump. Sorry must rant about that.

At least you did make it to your resort (well the other half), can't wait to hear about your experience with Kidani, love that place! :mickeyjum

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter