“IF THIS IS A DREAM, I DON’T WANT TO WAKE UP!” – POP! Goes The Solo Trip **THE END**

First of all, thank you so much for sharing your trip with me! I truly enjoyed reading it.

I just can't believe the EPIC trip is over! But, you will be there in DAYS, so I am not too sad for you. I hope you decide to write another report. I will be there for sure. :thumbsup2

I personally think Talking Mickey should offer his services as the grief counselor. Just have him meet with everyone who's about to leave.

The early morning dancing is definitely a good way to go out, though. I didn't see any of that the last time I stayed at Pop, so hopefully next summer I'll be able to do the twist!

:lmao: at your Hidden Mickey.

I too love MCO. It's such a pretty airport, and the Disney and Universal stores don't hurt either.

Choked up at the See Ya Real Soon :(

Rob, I am so glad I found your TRs. Your stories are amazing and your passion for Disney shines through every word. Furthermore, you are one of the kindest people I've met on the DIS and I'm very grateful to know you! I cannot wait to read about your next adventure! Don't worry, I'll keep the World (and Stacey) company until you can get there!!!

Ooh, now that would be a good idea. One last dose of Mickey telling you he'll "See Ya Real Soon."

Definitely keep a look out. I think they have a schedule so you can find out exactly when it'll happen. It is absolutely the cutest.

Is that not the best one EVER??? Oh those genius imagineers.

It's gorgeous. In parts it feels like I'm in a hotel lobby, not an airport. And yes, the Disney and Uni stores don't hurt either. ;)

Aww :hug: I truly love that the last thing you see isn't "Goodbye" but "See Ya Real Soon". It's those little things that make all the difference.

I am so glad you found them too!!! Aww gee Courtney :sad1: That is one of the lovliest things I've ever read. :blush: THANK YOU!!!!!!!! I was bummed when I found out your trip was so short since I figured it would be at least a week which meant crossover dates. Someday though. In the meantime, thank you for getting the World ready. Tell Stacey I'm on my way SOOOOOOOOON. :goodvibes

Rob, please, please, PLEASE do another TR... Honestly this one is among my favorites of all time so don't deprive us of another! :goodvibes

Your conclusion was very emotional because we all get it... That's the beauty of this forum, we are all surrounded by people who share our love and for that I am so grateful.

I sincerely wish you the best vacation ever! And I hope to hear all about it soon!!!

Aww Tracy my goodness, THANK YOU!!!!!!! :hug: I will absolutely do my best.

Absolutely. That's why I also stick to the TR boards the majority of the time. Such a beautiful community of people sharing a genuine love and respect for Disney AND each other.

Thank you SO MUCH Tracy! :goodvibes

so sad your trip report is over! I hope I can meet you in December to partake in your hilariousness!

That elephant/moon meme was funny! That was some rain in Epcot but I am glad you finished your mission! Cute photos!

Aww THANK YOU Rachel. :goodvibes I'm quite certain our paths will cross for sure. Brenda shared some of the Dining board plans, in particular the "Drinking around the World" on I think the 9th? I'm sure you'll be joining in on that. ;) I do plan to attend a little of that at least long enough for a Slushie in France (and well, maybe more, who knows, lol)!!!

Hats off to you Rob for a wonderful trip report! I will read again before we go in December. It's just that good. Sad to see it end, but the good thing is, we can always go back, and we have these memories with us forever. Have fun on the next trip, sorry we're gonna miss you by a few days. Have fun, and thanks for the ride!

Wow, THANK YOU So VERY MUCH!! I can't even tell you how much I appreciate that. You are so right and one of the really great things about doing a TR is the ability to go back and relive these moments in time.

Again, THANK YOU for being here and I wish you a GREAT upcoming trip as well. :goodvibes

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S OVER!!:sad::sad:

Great job, though! I can't wait to hear all about your December trip, it sounds like it's shaping up to be magical!

:bday: in advance!

Aww shucks. :blush: THANK YOU SO MUCH for everything and for the advance birthday wishes!!!! I appreciate that more than you know. :goodvibes

Omg awe Rob you are the sweetest! I'm sad the tr is over,but happy at the same time because in 12 days Time I'll be there and that means that in 13 days I GET TO MEET YOU WOOT WOOT!!!!! I am so pumped n can't wait!! Oh and if you wonder around pop n see me Yell at me! This was an awesome TR so I will definitely look forward to the next one

THANK YOU SO MUCH CARRIE!!!! :goodvibes I am so excited to meet you as well. :hyper: I'll (likely) be at MK EMH on the 9th too right until they kick me out!!

Hey Rob, I can't believe your trip is over. I had such a great time reading your report, thank you so much for sharing it. :) Your wrap up/conclusion was perfect. I look forward to reading along again.

Haha, I honestly find it hard to believe myself. This one was truly special, no doubt. THANK YOU SO MUCH for following along Nikia. I sincerely appreciate it. :goodvibes

First of all, thank you so much for sharing your trip with me! I truly enjoyed reading it.

I just can't believe the EPIC trip is over! But, you will be there in DAYS, so I am not too sad for you. I hope you decide to write another report. I will be there for sure. :thumbsup2

Thank YOU so much for reading!!! :goodvibes

I know, it honestly feels like I just started. But the good news is by this time next week, I will hopefully be creating new stories to share!!

So sad that this TR is done, but in a few short days your next trip begins and hopefully a new report will emerge!

The past week or so has been really busy with baking for Thanksgiving, work and packing for my own trip! I am just 12 hours away from leaving.:cool1:

I Hope our paths cross and I get to say hello and wish you a very Happy Birthday. If not, I know your trip will be wonderful.

Thanks for the great read! :thumbsup2

Would you like some tips for the Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin ride before you go??

Why absolutely!! :)

So sad that this TR is done, but in a few short days your next trip begins and hopefully a new report will emerge!

The past week or so has been really busy with baking for Thanksgiving, work and packing for my own trip! I am just 12 hours away from leaving.:cool1:

I Hope our paths cross and I get to say hello and wish you a very Happy Birthday. If not, I know your trip will be wonderful.

Thanks for the great read! :thumbsup2

Aww THANK YOU Ginny!!!

:woohoo: on your upcoming trip (which is probably in progress right now).

I really hope so too. That would be so wonderful.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for reading!! :goodvibes

Hi Rob! My 12 year-old gets the top score on Buzz Lightyear on one gun and then begins scoring with the other gun! ::yes::

Here are some things to do that might help. I'm looking forward to reading about your new high score in your next TR.

•The first room has a giant orange robot with moving arms. Hit the "Z" on the inner side of the left hand for 100,000 points each.
•There is a giant claw in the transition between the first two scenes. (Look way up) Spin the cruiser to face backwards, aim for the target, and earn another 100,000 points.
•In the second room, filled with a horde of alien life forms, aim for the volcano at the back. The top target is worth 25,000 points each and a hot eruption (of the volcano).
•In the battery room, attempt to hit the bottom batteries. Doing so will knock them over and earn 50,000 points.
•When facing Zurg and his claw-like spaceship, aim for the bottom (underneath the "pitiful" taunt) and earn 100,000 points each hit.
•The Emergency Escape Hatch, a black-hole tunnel that uses video images of stars and spaceships, offers targets worth 100,000 points. Track the spaceships until they hover and a "Z" target appears on their bodies. It will look like a black spot.

Also, keep your finger pressed down on the trigger all the time. It automatically generates points.

Ahhh So bummed that the TR is done. What a wonderful experience it has been following along on your Solo Adventure.

So happy that you are leaving for Disney in 2 days, it made reading that departure update a little better knowing you were going back. However I do agree with everything you said, the giddy feeling you get when you are just starting and you see the people who are leaving and you think that won't be me for a long time and then all of a sudden you are coming back to the room and the most awful thing is hanging on your door (Magical Express departure info). I don't even want to touch it, just ignore it and maybe it will go away. :rolleyes1

So hope that you write another TR about this upcoming adventure. Will be following along if you do. :)

Have a wonderful Birthday celebration at the World. Sounds like you are going to have an amazing time. :goodvibes

What a fabulously worded wrap-up to an enjoyable and funny TR! :) You had me tearing up a bit at the end there, but in the good way! Well, mostly in the good way...you also made me get that horrible stomach feeling of "oh no, it's the last day of the trip! LOOK AT ALL THESE PEOPLE HAPPILY ENJOYING THE NOT-LAST DAYS OF THEIR TRIPS!!" The worst!!! feeling!! ever!! :sad1: But at least you'll be back in like one day!! :yay:
I had fun following along with your anecdotes and pictures and "CMs Around the World™" and you definitely helped me see a future solo trip as a legitimate option! Just wanted to thank you for all of that :) I do have one complaint however, and it is this:

I love and appreciate you all and I hope that if I do another Trip Report in the future, that many of you will do me the supreme honour of joining in there as well.

Excuse me --- you HAVE to do another trip report! Sorry if you thought you were going to have free time to find other hobbies! ;)

Anyway, thanks again for this great TR and have an absolutely magical Birthday trip Rob!! pixiedust:

Hi Rob! My 12 year-old gets the top score on Buzz Lightyear on one gun and then begins scoring with the other gun! ::yes::

Here are some things to do that might help. I'm looking forward to reading about your new high score in your next TR.

•The first room has a giant orange robot with moving arms. Hit the "Z" on the inner side of the left hand for 100,000 points each.
•There is a giant claw in the transition between the first two scenes. (Look way up) Spin the cruiser to face backwards, aim for the target, and earn another 100,000 points.
•In the second room, filled with a horde of alien life forms, aim for the volcano at the back. The top target is worth 25,000 points each and a hot eruption (of the volcano).
•In the battery room, attempt to hit the bottom batteries. Doing so will knock them over and earn 50,000 points.
•When facing Zurg and his claw-like spaceship, aim for the bottom (underneath the "pitiful" taunt) and earn 100,000 points each hit.
•The Emergency Escape Hatch, a black-hole tunnel that uses video images of stars and spaceships, offers targets worth 100,000 points. Track the spaceships until they hover and a "Z" target appears on their bodies. It will look like a black spot.

Also, keep your finger pressed down on the trigger all the time. It automatically generates points.

That's awesome, thank you!!! I had just recently read that you can keep the trigger pulled the entire time. I'm going to try to max this bad boy out!!

Ahhh So bummed that the TR is done. What a wonderful experience it has been following along on your Solo Adventure.

So happy that you are leaving for Disney in 2 days, it made reading that departure update a little better knowing you were going back. However I do agree with everything you said, the giddy feeling you get when you are just starting and you see the people who are leaving and you think that won't be me for a long time and then all of a sudden you are coming back to the room and the most awful thing is hanging on your door (Magical Express departure info). I don't even want to touch it, just ignore it and maybe it will go away. :rolleyes1

So hope that you write another TR about this upcoming adventure. Will be following along if you do. :)

Have a wonderful Birthday celebration at the World. Sounds like you are going to have an amazing time. :goodvibes

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

Haha, I have to admit, it made writing it a bit easier too. I haven't actually done Magical Express, so at least I've never had to experience the door reminder.

Thank you again so very much!! I'm so grateful you were here! :goodvibes

What a fabulously worded wrap-up to an enjoyable and funny TR! :) You had me tearing up a bit at the end there, but in the good way! Well, mostly in the good way...you also made me get that horrible stomach feeling of "oh no, it's the last day of the trip! LOOK AT ALL THESE PEOPLE HAPPILY ENJOYING THE NOT-LAST DAYS OF THEIR TRIPS!!" The worst!!! feeling!! ever!! :sad1: But at least you'll be back in like one day!! :yay:
I had fun following along with your anecdotes and pictures and "CMs Around the World™" and you definitely helped me see a future solo trip as a legitimate option! Just wanted to thank you for all of that :) I do have one complaint however, and it is this:

Excuse me --- you HAVE to do another trip report! Sorry if you thought you were going to have free time to find other hobbies! ;)

Anyway, thanks again for this great TR and have an absolutely magical Birthday trip Rob!! pixiedust:

Oh my goodness Suzi, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!! You are so incredibly sweet. :flower3:

That makes me so happy to hear you might consider a solo trip in the future. That's fabulous!

:lmao: I guess I'll have to do another TR now.

Again, THANK YOU for being here and for the wonderful birthday wishes. I appreciate it more than you'll know. :goodvibes

Does your ticker say ONE DAY UNTIL YOUR NEXT TRIP? :yay::cheer2::woohoo::banana:

Wishing you safe travels tomorrow and can't wait to see you soon! :wave2:

ONLY ONE DAY!!!!! :cheer2: Safe travels tomorrow and have SO much fun!!!

Also, I promised I would tell you about Fantasmic! FP+...we blew it off because you aren't guaranteed a specific section, you just have to pick a spot with what's available when you get there. We didn't want to risk showing up at our FP+ time and getting bad seats, so we got there super early. Hopefully they change that because honestly it doesn't seem like that good of a deal...but I know you'll have fun at Fant regardless!

ONLY ONE DAY!!!!! :cheer2: Safe travels tomorrow and have SO much fun!!!

Also, I promised I would tell you about Fantasmic! FP+...we blew it off because you aren't guaranteed a specific section, you just have to pick a spot with what's available when you get there. We didn't want to risk showing up at our FP+ time and getting bad seats, so we got there super early. Hopefully they change that because honestly it doesn't seem like that good of a deal...but I know you'll have fun at Fant regardless!

Aww THANK YOU SO MUCH Courtney!!! :hug:

I've been following the Fantasmic info constantly, and it really does seem to be a joke. Thank you for confirming. I was hoping it would change, but I guess not. I imagine for now I'll keep it, and after I use the other 2 FP+, I may see about switching Fantasmic for something else that day, even if it's for something that's unnecessary. I'll prob head to the show like I always have... early.

Ahhhhhh!!!!!! Cannot believe you leave tomorrow! Have a fabulous trip! So excited to hear all about it! :goodvibes

Now here's my official send off greeting....

Happy Early Birthday! :bday:

Safe travels and enjoy your first day at Pop and in the parks! pixiedust:

And it just wouldn't be right to not send you off with this guy! :dancer: It seems fitting to end with the same dancing dude that I started your TR with. I'm consistent if nothing else! :)

Ahhhhhh!!!!!! Cannot believe you leave tomorrow! Have a fabulous trip! So excited to hear all about it! :goodvibes

Thank you SO MUCH Tracy!!!!! I'll be heading off to the airport soon.

Now here's my official send off greeting....

Happy Early Birthday! :bday:

Safe travels and enjoy your first day at Pop and in the parks! pixiedust:

And it just wouldn't be right to not send you off with this guy! :dancer: It seems fitting to end with the same dancing dude that I started your TR with. I'm consistent if nothing else! :)

Aww Brenda, THANK YOU!!!!! See you in 2 Days now!

Bahaha, I love it!

Have a great trip and a happy birthday! Can not wait to read all about it!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter