• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

“Hey bartender, let the whiskey fall” – 2010 F&W Report - 12/8 - 3D Dessert Party

Hi how much did it cost you for tickets to this event? Its seems there was a ton of food for you to eat so well worth the price but I would like to go to this next year so please let me know . Thanks

The price for the event is $135 per person. The Wine View add on was $95 a person. I don't think I would do the Wine View add on again though. The rest of the food was worth the $135 definitely!

Pool Bar!

After returning to the hotel that evening, I needed to buy some real shampoo as I didn't back any but the combo shampoo/conditioner was not doing well with my hair.

I ended up getting a Caribbean Limeade! It was Midori, Skyy Citrus Vodka and Simply Limeade.

So good for a refreshing beverage!

October 4th
Food Court Breakfast

001ff.jpg

My husband went with what he always seems to get All Star Bounty Platter His only comment was that the potatoes changed from wedges to the small squares which made them harder to eat.

I went with something a little bit different & did a Chocolate Croissant this morning. 10 seconds in the microwave made it a perfect way to start the morning before we headed off to Hollywood Studios for the Toy Story Mania rush!

followup question does the extra 95 get you seating that you keep and extra food or liquor options? Thanks
]
The price for the event is $135 per person. The Wine View add on was $95 a person. I don't think I would do the Wine View add on again though. The rest of the food was worth the $135 definitely!

followup question does the extra 95 get you seating that you keep and extra food or liquor options? Thanks
]
The extra 95 gets you a set table that is in a gated area in the center of the party. There is also a full bar (with various liquors), a cheese station (with rather basic cheeses like blue, brie, cheddar) and a amuse bouche that is served shortly after you are seated. You also get to enjoy the regular stations in the party 10 to 15 minutes before the regular guests are let in.

Love those LI Iced teas - knocked down three of 'em at the Tune Inn Lounge one afternoon back in May (a most excellent pre-Fantasmic beverage break).,

Fantastic reviews! Anxious to hear about Fulton's (I did read your other reports and it sounds like you have had good experiences there), we have an ADR there in just a few weeks :thumbsup2

Thanks so much for the reviews! Looks like you had a very yummy trip.

Quick question--was the ravioli at CG a regular menu item? We're going on the 21st, and that looks absolutely heavenly. Hope it's still an option then!

Love those LI Iced teas - knocked down three of 'em at the Tune Inn Lounge one afternoon back in May (a most excellent pre-Fantasmic beverage break).,

They are definitely my go to Vacation Drink!

Fantastic reviews! Anxious to hear about Fulton's (I did read your other reports and it sounds like you have had good experiences there), we have an ADR there in just a few weeks :thumbsup2

Every meal I've had at Fulton's has been amazing. You will love it!

Nice report. I can't wait to read more. popcorn::
Thanks for reading along :)

Thanks so much for the reviews! Looks like you had a very yummy trip.

Quick question--was the ravioli at CG a regular menu item? We're going on the 21st, and that looks absolutely heavenly. Hope it's still an option then!

This trip was amazingly yummy! I ate way too much and I drank way too much.

This is the first time I've seen ravioli on the menu at CG. Its the current non-meat entree - hopefully they keep it around until the 21st for you as it is corn and squash for the accompaniments so they should be in season still then.

Pixar Place Popcorn

After beating my husband on Toy Story Mania, rushing to the Aerosmith Concert, visiting the Hollywood Tower Hotel, getting a course of Muppetvision & seeing the backstage shoppes, my husband and I wanted a small snack before we were going to use our fastpasses for a Toy Story Mania rematch.

004vcc.jpg

Popcorn & a Sprite!

The popcorn was amazing as always. Somehow popcorn from Disney always is, even when its stale.

The current container is so cute with the Fab 5 dressed up as Disney Villains! When we get home, we'll end up using it for Dog Treats as I like to change out the container on the season.

All Stars Music Food Court

After our rematch (where he won :( ) we decided we were done with Hollywood Studios, looked at the shoppes as we were leaving without buying anything (b/c yeah I would *totally* spend $400 for Twilight Actors Pictures + Autographs) :rotfl: We decided that our hotel would be fine for a small lunch as we did have a fantastic meal at Shulas coming up that evening.

006dhi.jpg

I had a Taco Salad

It was decent. Better than Taco Bell and of the options at the All Stars for lunch, the one that would make the happiest.

007mn.jpg

My husband went with the Chicken Nuggets

He thought they were ok. The fries were on the cold side as they had been sitting out for a while.

Shula's

Later on that evening, we headed out to the Dolphin to try a restaurant that was new to us. My husband had wanted to go to the Palm over at the Hard Rock Cafe but I convinced him to give this place a try first & I'm glad it went well.

We were quickly seated in the back and given the presentation of the menu. There were a lot of things we wanted to try.

He returned with my Watermelon Splash cocktail & a basket of warm sourdough bread.

I started with the BBQ Shrimp w/ Basil for my appetizer. These were 4 nicely sized shrimp that were wrapped in bacon & basil w/ a tangy bbq covering them. It was wonderful.

My husband had the Caesar Salad The portion was big enough for two people to share & I'm glad I got to steal a few bites of it. It was a decent caesar.

For his entree, my husband went with the 12 ounce filet mignon. Cooked Medium. It melted in your mouth with each bite. It was served with a Bearnaise that was well made.

For my entree, well, I knew my husband and I couldn't both eat 12 ounces of filet. I actually went with their French Onion Soup & planned on stealing some of my husband's filet. Their soup was one of the best french onion soups I've had in a long time. Probably on the level of Bern's Steakhouse in Tampa.

We had gotten a side of the Hash Brown Pancake to share - but to be honest, we didn't touch but a bite of it. Not with all the other wonderful food around.

Despite being overly full - we still had a dessert course to tend to as we had ordered it at the beginning of the meal. We split the Chocolate Lava Cake The few bites I could eat of it - absolutely divine. I just wish I wasn't so stuffed so I could have enjoyed more of it!

Overall, we really enjoyed Shula's. It will definitely be on our return list for whenever we head back to Disney.

Thanks for the update especially Shula, I was trying to decide if we should try Shula's or Bluezoo (I'm going to order the gift certificates $2 for a $25 gift card to those restaurants.)

Thanks for the update especially Shula, I was trying to decide if we should try Shula's or Bluezoo (I'm going to order the gift certificates $2 for a $25 gift card to those restaurants.)

We are more fans of Shula's than Bluezoo; however, it could have been what we ordered at Bluezoo that was not to our liking. We'll probably give it another try a couple trips from now.

October 5th
Breakfast

Breakfast, well...

We didn't order anything from the food court this morning as we had this to dive into:

001kgp.jpg

The leftovers from our previous night's dinner - Hash Brown Pancake

This thing is seriously huge! As you can see - it took up almost the entire to-go box.

It was a great breakfast - although reheated wasn't as good as it was the night before, it was still better than a croissant.

Kusafiri Coffee Shop and Bakery

This morning we headed to the Animal Kingdom. After our safari ride, I saw something pretty in the demo box outside the bakery. It may have only been 9:30 in the morning, but whatever it was I had to have it.

003qgk.jpg

Chocolate Mousse w/ Chocolate Sauce & Whipped Cream all served in a ceramic Halloween Mickey mug.

It was great! The mousse tasted better than many of the mousse desserts I have at Disney. The mug was a little hard to clean out using the restroom sinks, but now I have a cute Halloween thing for my desk at work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter