“Hey bartender, let the whiskey fall” – 2010 F&W Report - 12/8 - 3D Dessert Party

I'm with you on the coffee!!!

My favorite this year was the Lobster & Scallop pie from Ireland. It was SO yummy and quite a large portion.

thanks for the update, I LOVE French food especially escargot...glad you tried and Thanks for sharing with the pictures...

I'm glad I tried it at least! If I head down for F&W next year, I'll definately go again for a French Regional Lunch (and keep my cell phone off)

I'm with you on the coffee!!!

My favorite this year was the Lobster & Scallop pie from Ireland. It was SO yummy and quite a large portion.

That coffee was good! I wish the coffee I'm drinking right now was that tasty.

One day I'll try that pie but with everything else I wanted to try it just didn't happen this year :(

La Cantina de San Angel
After the lunch, I met up with my husband and he told me he wanted another churro. The Mexico F&W booth was way too long, so I said why don't you just get them from the Cantina where there was no wait.
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Churros con Cajeta - Churros with caramel milk $3.95[/FONT]

047nh.jpg

He ate them all so I assume they were good.

At this point, I felt gross and just wanted a shower, so we walked out of the park and drove to the hotel.

Via Napoli

After we got back to the room, I took a quick shower and a 15 minute power nap and we headed back to EPCOT. There wasn't much attraction wise we wanted to do and my husband apparently was starving since the only thing he ate all day was the churros about an hour before.​

We checked into Via Napoli around 4:30 & were quickly seated in the back corner of the restaurant. I noticed it was rather loud, large, and very open. Not a place for a romantic meal, at least we weren't going for that.​

I was not hungry at all & wanted to save room for the 3D dessert party we were to attend at 7pm that evening. So I went for something small.​

Fresh Mozzarella & Tomatoes - $6
048qb.jpg

The mozzarella was amazingly fresh and perfect! It melted in your mouth as it is supposed to.​

My husband being 'starved' went for an individual pizza.​

Pepperoni
049.jpg

It was a very large serving for 1 person. So much so, that I ended up stealing a slice and he was ok with that. The first bite was a bit watery at the center of the pizza but after that it was amazing! It definitely is the best pizza in Disney but not as good as our pizza place here at home.​

Overall we enjoyed Via Napoli; however, its not a dinner place imo. Its rather loud and open. I enjoy quiet places for evening meals. I can see this as becoming one of our lunch joints for EPCOT to be rotated in and out with Tokyo Dining & Coral Reef.

we snuck in for lunch one day and were very pleasantly surprised by how good the food and service were. pizza isn't something we usually go out of our way to eat on vacation (especially at WDW) but friends of ours kept telling us how good it was. We split a cheesebaby (five-cheese pizza), house salad, and a pitcher of sangria .... yum yum yum!

Just read all your reviews. So great to read about the F&W festival. My fiance and I had to cancel our F&W festival trip because of a work conflict he had. Living vicariously through your pictures! And we are trying Via Napoli in January, so I keep scrounging for reviews and drooling on my keyboard. The midwest has terrible pizza!

I just got to your review, but was able to sit down and read everything!

Good to know you liked GFC. Now I'm looking forward to my visit there.

I didn't like those beignets at POFQ either. They were hollow and thin and too chewy!

I adore Citricos too. That Gateau of Crab might be on my list for my next visit, I haven't tried it yet!

thanks for the update, we are going to try Via Napoli in a couple of weeks...:goodvibes
I hope you enjoy it as much as we did! Most of the reviews seem to agree it was very good too.

we snuck in for lunch one day and were very pleasantly surprised by how good the food and service were. pizza isn't something we usually go out of our way to eat on vacation (especially at WDW) but friends of ours kept telling us how good it was. We split a cheesebaby (five-cheese pizza), house salad, and a pitcher of sangria .... yum yum yum!
Yeah I was definately surprised since we all know how bad Disney pizza normally is. I wanted to try the 5 cheese - but didn't have enough room in my stomach to get my own pizza. Next year though. I will also definately try their sangria next time around too.

Just read all your reviews. So great to read about the F&W festival. My fiance and I had to cancel our F&W festival trip because of a work conflict he had. Living vicariously through your pictures! And we are trying Via Napoli in January, so I keep scrounging for reviews and drooling on my keyboard. The midwest has terrible pizza!

Darn work cancelling your trip! I'm glad I let you live through some of it. You'll have such a fun time in January! Yeah, here at home there is 1 place we like for pizza and luckily its cheap too. ($5.99 for a large 1 topping!)

I just got to your review, but was able to sit down and read everything!

Good to know you liked GFC. Now I'm looking forward to my visit there.

I didn't like those beignets at POFQ either. They were hollow and thin and too chewy!

I adore Citricos too. That Gateau of Crab might be on my list for my next visit, I haven't tried it yet!
Glad you were able to sit down and read the whole thing. You will love GFC! Such a nice short break from the parks too. I'm glad I'm not hte only one that isn't a fan of those beignets since they seem to be so well loved on the Dis. The gateau is amazing and I'm not the biggest lover of crab.

No update for 3D dessert party. I'm absolutely swamped at work and haven't been able to sit down to give the time needed for typing up a review. Next week I hope!

Goofy's Candy Company

After an afternoon of relaxing in our room, we headed over to Downtown Disney again for some shopping as we both needed to pick up some stuff for our co-workers. I went with embarrassing Disney pens for my maintenance planners whereas my husband went with some of the Disney Princess Rubber Band Bracelets. We ended up at Goofy's to pick up some sweets for later.​

062sf.jpg

061pp.jpg

063yl.jpg

Well - what did we actually end up with?​

078m.jpg

Cupcake, Marshmellow Stick & White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup

The only thing I got to try was the halloween marshmellow stick which was a nice sweet treat when I had it the following evening. My husband had the other two. He mentioned the cupcake had way too much icing on it even after some of it was lost in the bag it was held in. He loved the White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup though.​

Enjoying your reviews!! You have a unique spin to yours!

Silly husband!! Doesn't he know there is no such thing as "too much frosting" when you're on vacation!!! :laughing:

Enjoying your reviews!! You have a unique spin to yours!

Silly husband!! Doesn't he know there is no such thing as "too much frosting" when you're on vacation!!! :laughing:

Thanks for reading along!

Even at home - he isn't a big frosting person. I don't get it :confused3 But hey more frosting for me then!

3D Dessert Discovery

After our lovely meal of pizza and cheese, we strolled the World Showcase to listen to the musical stylings of Sugar Ray. I'm young enough (or maybe old enough rather) that performers that were big when I was in school are now playing at the festivals. My husband looked at me like I was crazy singing along with "Every Morning" and "Fly" but I'm on vacation and no one else is going to know.

It was hot and we had over an hour until the party was to start so we went to American Adventure to sit through a show as my husband had never done it before.

Finally it was time to head to the World Showcase to check in & were handed our 3D (mickey) glasses for the Illuminations performance that evening. While in the holding area (exactly the same set-up as Party of the Senses) we ended up seeing the couple we had met during the Taste, Shake, Indulge event early in the trip. We found a table together next to the stage for our base for the evening. We were glad to get a table as when the evening went on there were many without a table.

One thing I noted was the amount of children, even little children there. With an event that has a large amount of alcohol and upper scale desserts, it was not a place for children. I noticed a few moms pushing strollers looking well miserable at the event. This wasn't the place for them.

The set-up inside was exactly like Party of the Senses with there being 2 dessert stations and 2 beverage stations at each of the pods. Many of the beverages were alcoholic and you could find whatever cordial you wanted for the most part. I enjoyed a fair bit of Maker's Mark that evening.

There were tons of desserts around.

The chocolate station had Biscotti, Tea Cookies, Assorted Truffles. I did get to try some of the truffles and enjoyed those that I had other than one that tasted a bit burnt.

The Miniature Pastries had items like Chocolate Eclairs, Pistachio Cannoli, Linzer Diamonds and Cream Horns. I didn't get to try any of these desserts.

There was Fruit Station which had a large assortment of seasonal fruits. The melons I tried were fresh.

Then there was the most wonderful station of the evening: Ice Cream and Donuts: Red Stag Ice Cream w/ Hot Fudge and Red Stag Flambeed cinnamon doughnuts (also coffee ice cream too but who would want that when you have whiskey ice cream) These were AMAZING and incredibly filling.

There was also the Warm Desserts station which had Candy Bar Bread Pudding, Chocoalte Ganache Torte, and Peach, Apple & Raisin Cobbler with rum sauce. I didn't try any of these this evening but my table mates did. They enjoyed them.

The event was well worth the $45 a person especially with the amount of Alcohol that was pouring and the quality of the desserts present. That said, its really hard to get your money's worth on just desserts. There really is only so much sweets one person can eat when the only thing present was sweets. I personally need something savory to help balance that out. I did read that the later parties had cheese which would have been perfect for that balance. Missing things like that is always a risk when you are going to the first event of the year or first time its held ever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter