“Bubble” - licious – A Northern Family's Disney Tale! UPDATED 8/27/09 (LAST CHAPTER)!

Im embarassed to say this but I've never explored Downtown Disney. My parents never took me there when I was a kid, and now that I'm older I prefer spending the majority of my time at the resort, the parks, or a resturant in the resort or the parks. I suppose we tend to stay with what we know right? Well your post sparked my interest in DTD. Maybe DBF and me will check it out in 11 days (so excited!). By the way, DBF is now reading your happy adventure right along with me. He was impressed with your positive attitude despite being covered in hives.
Waiting to meet a friend from the DisBoards? FUN!

Don't feel bad, we went to WDW 9 times before ever exploring Downtown Disney. Now, it's a must do on our list!

Love your TR so far! I am from the Twin Cities and I even LOVE the moving walkways at the airport so I can see why the girls did too! Can't wait to read more, your girls are adorable!!

Hi Kimberly!!! :wave2: Glad to be here! I am really enjoying your 'story'.! Your girls are beautiful.princess:princess: I have gotten the hives a couple of times-mine were terrible itchy tho'--almost unbearable. Glad u cleared that up quick!! Mine came back every time I got hot or took a shower that was too hot!!!! It was a pain.
Love your room!! I want to stay in the family suite! Can't wait to read more!! Oh, we just started going to DTD in 08. I don't know why....I guess we had usually been for shorter trips and didn't have the time. It's a nice place to hang out that first day and not use up any tickets!!
What a beautiful family!!

awh looks like you guys had LOTS of fun!
how did you like that LEGO place?
me and my cousins spent about.. 3 or 4 hours there!
i was just amazed by the things built out of legos!

Love your TR so far! I am from the Twin Cities and I even LOVE the moving walkways at the airport so I can see why the girls did too! Can't wait to read more, your girls are adorable!!

I have to admit that I even love riding the moving sidewalks! :lmao: They ARE fun! :thumbsup2 Thanks for joining us! Hope you come back for more!

Hi Kimberly!!! :wave2: Glad to be here! I am really enjoying your 'story'.! Your girls are beautiful.princess:princess: I have gotten the hives a couple of times-mine were terrible itchy tho'--almost unbearable. Glad u cleared that up quick!! Mine came back every time I got hot or took a shower that was too hot!!!! It was a pain.
Love your room!! I want to stay in the family suite! Can't wait to read more!! Oh, we just started going to DTD in 08. I don't know why....I guess we had usually been for shorter trips and didn't have the time. It's a nice place to hang out that first day and not use up any tickets!!
What a beautiful family!!

Snowbird alert! :goodvibes Hey Shawna! :hug: Thanks for coming over! So glad you join the party! Thanks for your compliments on my lovely family! When do I get to see a pic of you and yours? ;)

awh looks like you guys had LOTS of fun!
how did you like that LEGO place?
me and my cousins spent about.. 3 or 4 hours there!
i was just amazed by the things built out of legos!

The LEGO store WAS very cool! The girls could have spent hours playing there! Lego is one of their fave things to play together! We have a huge bucket of it here at home that is dumped out regularly! :)

Hang tight everyone! Chapter 5 will be up tomorrow! I was just granted permission to post a picture of someone very special! :banana: I'm off to bed now! Nighty - Night! :cloud9:

The LEGO store WAS very cool! The girls could have spent hours playing there! Lego is one of their fave things to play together! We have a huge bucket of it here at home that is dumped out regularly! :)

haha, reminds me of my cousin, reason we were in there for song long! :rotfl:
he's so spoiled, he left there with about 3 or 4 new kits.. i was mad at him, and i still am :(

[/IMG]
Now, I had a very special meeting coming up. I was due to meet up with a good friend I had met on these boards. Jenjolt was going to meet up with us at the Lego Store at 7pm.

Wait - Did you say JenJolt, the infamous Haunted Mansion guru? Did you meet Nobby, too?

I know!! I always think about it when Mike isn't home to help me do it!! Ha!!! I need to find a cord that goes to my camera for the computer. can't imagine what happened to it, but... ... And I never think about it when I am in town. I am gonna try to use Mike's off his ---they are both Canons, so surely it'll work???? Who knows!! I too am hitting the hay!!!

Just a short one!

Chapter 5: A long awaited meeting, fountains and candy!

Date: STILL January 19th! (An extremely long day!)
Time: 7pm
Place: Lego Store; Downtown Disney

Before I knew it I heard a familiar voice call my name and saw a blonde head making it's way through the throng of people surrounding the lego table.
DSC01852.jpg

Jenjolt had arrived and it was so great to finally meet her! We had been PMing and chatting on the phone for months and it was so nice to finally have a face to put with the lovely person I had come to know!
DSC01858.jpg

She had so thoughtfully brought gifts for our girls and they were thrilled! We chatted for a bit about her trip so far and about our first day, snapped a few pictures and then decided to wander in the direction of Goofy's Candy Co.
DSC01853.jpg

On the way there the girls found the jumping fountains and got pretty wet! They enjoyed themselves thoroughly and then were more than ready for a treat! We headed into Goofy's and had a look around! I was still so stuffed from the pizza and the salad that I could find nothing to entice my sweet tooth! Ken got a dipped pretzel, Emily found a mixed bag of jelly beans and Natalie found herself some chocolate popcorn! As it was getting late and we had another early morning, we said goodbye to Jenjolt and made our way to the bus stop. We arrived in our room at 9pm and quickly got everyone ready for bed! We were all tucked in and asleep by 930! We had a busy morning ahead of us including a resort change and a very special breakfast in a castle!

Enjoyed reading about your meet with JenJolt. That must have been so fun, especially considering that you guys live .....I would guess......about 2000 miles apart.

You have such a cute family!! :goodvibes

Can't wait for more!

YAY!! What a great trip report you have Kim!! I'm loving it!! I loved our meet that evening it was great and I really really enjoyed it!!! Your girls were so precious and I enjoyed our time together and wasn't Goofy's just heavenly LOL!!!!

Can't wait to read more!

Enjoyed reading about your meet with JenJolt. That must have been so fun, especially considering that you guys live .....I would guess......about 2000 miles apart.

1,575.08 miles OR 2, 534 km! :teacher:

You have such a cute family!! :goodvibes

Can't wait for more!

Why, thank you! :goodvibes I think they're pretty adorable too! :cutie: Hang around... I am working on the next chapter! Should be up in a bit! :woohoo:

YAY!! What a great trip report you have Kim!! I'm loving it!! I loved our meet that evening it was great and I really really enjoyed it!!! Your girls were so precious and I enjoyed our time together and wasn't Goofy's just heavenly LOL!!!!

Can't wait to read more!

JENNY!

I am so happy you dropped in! :cool1: I am working on the next chapter right now! Should be up before too long...just have to wait on photobucket! :)

joining in on the fun & adventures of your tr!!! :goodvibes

Kim, you have a great attitude, a beautiful family and I LOVE YOUR GREEN JACKET... where did you get it from?!?!?!? :rotfl::laughing:

Cant wait to read more... :surfweb:

HERE'S CHAPTER 6!!!! :woohoo:

Chapter 6: Moving Day and A very Special Breakfast!

Date: January 20th 2009
Time 6am
Place: All Star Sports Resort

Again we wake to the sounds of the three fold, no fail alarm system! My watch, the phone and the alarm clock! We could not afford to sleep in this morning! Get up, get dressed, finish packing up ALL our stuff and make our way across the football field to the main building to catch a taxi to
DWL.jpg

Wilderness Lodge!

We needed to check in early in order to procure our park tickets and dining plan credits before we could head over to the Magic Kingdom for our breakfast in the castle! So, we caught a taxi from AS Sports to WL and arrived at about 715am. We brought all our luggage in and I again sent my family off to wait while I checked us in!

It being so early, I had only to wait for about 2 minutes before it was my turn! It took only a few minutes until I had all the info I needed. Our room was not yet ready so we checked our bags with the Valet and headed off to catch the bus to the MK! We found the bus stop and waited only 2-3 minutes before the correct bus showed up!

It really is only a 5 minute ride from WL to the MK! We were off the bus and walking to the bag check by 740! Bags thoroughly inspected we headed to the Character Breakfast Line.
DSC01867.jpg

Confirming that our park tickets did indeed work we passed through the turnstiles and headed down Main Street USA!
DSC01868.jpg

DSC01869.jpg

DSC01870.jpg

As we rounded the corner and the castle came into view, my heart jumped into my throat and my eyes overflowed! I felt as if I was arriving home after a very long time away! I was finally here! I looked over at my family and was so happy to see that they too were enjoying that first precious sight!
DSC01871.jpg

DSC01872.jpg

DSC01873.jpg

I checked my watch to see that we had only a meager 5 minutes before we needed to check in for our ADR! So I wiped my eyes and proceeded to quick walk past the slow people still dreamily making their way down Main St! We had a very important appointment to keep! We had royalty waiting on us!

Soon enough though we were checked in and standing in line to have a picture taken with Cinderella! It being a quite cool morning, I was not surprised to see that many people were wearing hats and mitts!
DSC01876.jpg

After meeting up with Cindy we were ushered up the staircase to the dining hall! What a beautiful place! I was so in awe that I completely forgot to take any pictures on the way up! Oh well, next time! We were greeted and shown to our table by our hostess.

Fresh fruit and a basket of biscuits were brought to the table almost immediately as we were supplied with fresh juice and hot coffee! The girls dug into the fruit and pastries and Ken and I enjoyed our coffee! Not too bad! I expected much worse!
DSC01879.jpg

DSC01880.jpg

Our plates of food soon followed and we were not disappointed! A wonderful feast indeed!
DSC01881.jpg

The blueberry French toast was melt in your mouth amazing and the eggs were so good my husband was tempted to ask for the recipe! He is a bit of an egg snob and doesn't usually voluntarily order eggs at a restaurant! He and his dad are, in his own opinion, the best egg chefs in the world! Needless to say, He was very impressed! He was granted a second round of the yummy eggs!

None too soon, we were graced with the presence of some beautiful princesses. As I had heard the audiences with each princess was short but not too rushed! I was amazed at how captivated my girlies were by these lovely ladies! We met each and every one, were granted photos and had autographs signed!
DSC01883.jpg

DSC01886.jpg

DSC01890.jpg

DSC01893.jpg

DSC01896.jpg

A quick check to my watch told me that we were not going to be able to stay around for the wishing ceremony! It was getting close to 9am and I wanted the girls to use the washroom before we made the mad dash to Dumbo! We all used the washrooms and were downstairs outside the castle waiting for the rope to drop at exactly 8:57am!

aw, it looks like you guys had a great time at breakfast meeting the princess!
i would LOVE to go there, but i would probably looks kind of.. odd.. because i would be the only teen there!

aw, it looks like you guys had a great time at breakfast meeting the princess!
i would LOVE to go there, but i would probably looks kind of.. odd.. because i would be the only teen there!

Naw! I saw peeps of all ages there! Little tiny princesses to Queens of every shape and size! You'd fit right in! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter