Got my two last night but used my Sam's Club Mastercard for additional 3% in Sam's Cash. Wish it wasn't a 2 per account limit.

It’s not as steep of a discount, but there is still a $190 for $200 deal (5%). It should earn you the 3% as well, so it’s a decent deal. You can get up to 5.
I was under the impression that the 3% cash back was only for in club purchases and online purchases just got you the standard 1%. I want to be sure because I use my Citi double cash for online purchases to get the 2% CB for that reason. That extra percent adds up if I'm wrong! :-)

I was under the impression that the 3% cash back was only for in club purchases and online purchases just got you the standard 1%. I want to be sure because I use my Citi double cash for online purchases to get the 2% CB for that reason. That extra percent adds up if I'm wrong! :-)

I don’t know for sure, but the app says “get 3% back” on the product page. The disclaimer says “ Earn 3% back in Sam's Cash on Sam's Club purchases for Plus members with your Sam's Club Mastercard. Club members earn 1% cash back*

I guess you need to have a plus membership.

I can confirm that it triggers the 3% cash back for Amex online retail.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-07 at 3.49.08 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-07 at 3.49.08 PM.png
    101.8 KB · Views: 8
Got my two last night but used my Sam's Club Mastercard for additional 3% in Sam's Cash. Wish it wasn't a 2 per account limit.

It’s not as steep of a discount, but there is still a $190 for $200 deal (5%). It should earn you the 3% as well, so it’s a decent deal. You can get up to 5.

I jumped on it when it was $185.

https://www.samsclub.com/p/disney-200-value-egift-card/P03011690

I am pretty sure the Sam's Club Mastercard, similar to the BJ's credit card does not earn any cashback on gift cards. Because Sam's and BJ's know what you are purchasing they can filter out gift card purchases for cashback.

Here is the specific exclusion from the Sam's club CC website:

**Sam’s Club® Mastercard® cardholders earn Sam’s Cash on eligible net purchases (less credits, returns, taxes and adjustments) made with their Sam’s Club® Mastercard® account. Rewards percentages depend on the type of purchase made. Sam’s Cash is not earned on the following purchases or transactions at Sam’s Club or SamsClub.com: cash advances, tobacco and smoking related products (including electronic cigarettes), prescription purchases, reloading or purchases of prepaid cards, gift cards (including third party gift cards), traveler’s checks or any cash equivalents.

You can find this verbiage on their website: https://www.samsclub.com/content/credit

Just an FYI for future, you should use another credit card that earns cashback instead of your Sam's Club CC when purchasing gift cards from Sam's (same holds true for BJs).

Office Depot/Office Max:

Free $15 UBER/Lyft Rewards Card with $75 or More Qualifying Purchase - Coupon Code 83162065
Free $25 Gas Card with $125 or More Qualifying Purchase - Coupon code 64464613
Free $15 Prepaid Visa with $75 or More Qualifying Purchase - Coupon code 15952252
Free $40 Prepaid Visa Reward Card with $200 or More Qualifying Purchase - Coupon code 39542313

Minimum purchase requirements must be satisfied and are exclusive of tax, delivery fees and the value of free item. Excludes: 1) gift & prepaid cards; 2) HP, Samsung, Canon, Epson, Brother, Lexmark, & Microsoft Surface products; 3) Google hardware; 4) simplehuman products; 5) postage stamps; 6) ink & toner; & 7) other premiums/free gifts with purchase. Limit 1 offers per Household/Business. Offer expires 06/01/2024.

I had called to discuss this as I read mixed things. They told me Plus members with Mastercard get 3% back. Club members its just 1%

I am pretty sure the Sam's Club Mastercard, similar to the BJ's credit card does not earn any cashback on gift cards. Because Sam's and BJ's know what you are purchasing they can filter out gift card purchases for cashback.

You can find this verbiage on their website: https://www.samsclub.com/content/credit

Just an FYI for future, you should use another credit card that earns cashback instead of your Sam's Club CC when purchasing gift cards from Sam's (same holds true for BJs).
I did a chat with Sam's Club. Plus Members with Mastercard get 3% back on gift cards in Sam's cash.

I got a new Target circle bonus today. (Probably because I bought all my son’s new bedding yesterday😞)
IMG_2277.jpeg

Qualifying purchases exclude alcohol, Target GiftCards, Visa, American Express and Mastercard gift cards/prepaid cards, CVS pharmacy, clinic, and Target Optical. Terms & Conditions for a complete list of excluded items.

Interesting. Their product page (see my screenshot) specifically says that purchase will earn 3% back, so they are contradicting their own terms.

Edit: guess it’s only for plus members as others have pointed out.

I just use my Amex because I know it works!

I got a new Target circle bonus today. (Probably because I bought all my son’s new bedding yesterday😞)
View attachment 857847

Qualifying purchases exclude alcohol, Target GiftCards, Visa, American Express and Mastercard gift cards/prepaid cards, CVS pharmacy, clinic, and Target Optical. Terms & Conditions for a complete list of excluded items.
Do these work with Disney gc purchases then since it’s not an exclusion?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter