refillable mug and dining plan, when does the clock start when....

jo-jo

DIS Veteran
you are starting the dining plan on your second day/resort at disney. Thinking of maybe staying at value one night , then switching to DVC. If we get dining plan starting with DVC stay, when and where can we pick up a mug and start to use it? Do we have to be checked out of first resort?

Right now it's cheaper to tack on a day at a value, and fly in a day earlier. But wondering if the mug can be picked up at value resort and use on before we even get to the DVC resort.

A Disney hotel day starts about 6am Eastern time. You should be able to pick up your mug at your resort as soon as the location that has the mugs opens for the day.

All your dining credits are available from the beginning of the day through when the last one is used or the close of restaurants/participating food service locations at the last day of your stay(effectively, some time before midnight), whichever occurs first. The mug is good for 14 days beginning at the day your stay begins.

So if staying at a value, we can pick up a mug at that food court at 9 a.m. and it will be charged to the dining plan that it associated with a dvc stay? That we will check into 6 hours later?

This extra day is all iffy with airfare changes.

Your dining plan is associated with a particular stay at a particular resort. You pick up your mug at (the primary) quick service location at that resort.

If your dining plan is associated with your second resort, you will most likely need to pick up your mug(s) at the QS location at that resort.

Thank you for the information . Just hopeful wishing to save a bit before getting to the dvc resort.

I don’t believe you need to pick up your mug at the resort you are staying at as the DDP is linked to your account, not the resort you are physically at.

I believe you should be able to pick up your mug at Pop at 7AM the day you are moving to your DVC resort. Your dining credits will be available then (and can be used at Pop) so why can’t the mug be picked up and start to be used too?

To clarify, this cannot be done the day you arrive at Pop, only the day you’re checking out of Pop and into your DVC resort as that’s the day your DDP starts.

Last edited:
I don’t believe you need to pick up your mug at the resort you are staying at as the DDP is linked to your account, net the resort you are physically at.

I believe you should be able to pick up your mug at Pop at 7AM the day you are moving to your DVC resort. Your dining credits will be available then (and can be used at Pop) so why can’t the mug be picked up and start to be used too?

To clarify, this cannot be done the day you arrive at Pop, only the day you’re checking out of Pop and into your DVC resort as that’s the day your DDP starts.
Yes, this is what I was hoping.

Additional question, I’ve heard of the “good for 14 day” rule many times. What do those lucky people who stay for 3 or 4 weeks do? Have to buy another mug? We won’t be there that long, but just realized we may hit 15-16 days……again airfare issues. I’m seeing some big jumps from one day to the next.

Last edited:
Yes, this is what I was hoping.

Additional question, I’ve heard of the “good for 14 day” rule many times. What do those lucky people who stay for 3 or 4 weeks do? Have to buy another mug? We won’t be there that long, but just realized we may hit 15-16 days……again airfare issues. I’m seeing some big jumps from one day to the next.

Keep your receipt and they will reactivate it

Do we have to be checked out of first resort?
We were told “yes” a month ago.

Were at ASMu first for resort only one night. Attached DP to stay @ GV the next.

Tried to get it going @ ASMu for a coffee that morning. No go, told sorry, had to check out, then into GF before it could be activated.

When dropping luggage at the GF for storage around 9:30 am, stopped @ front desk to make sure we were good to go there. Able to get the mugs, no problem.

YMMV.

Now I have to try this, just to see what happens. Most likely on way over to resort, pick up a 6 pack of soda, just to tide us over to next day. If we can get the mug, great, if not, we'll still have something to drink. Thousand dollars tickets ok, but $5 sodas, unbelievable.

You can grab your mug at the resort you're staying at, and your dining credits start right away, so you can use the mug before you switch to your DVC resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter