Your Favorite Grand Villas and Why....

MBTigger

Designated Bouncer
Title says it all. There are people in my family who are health care professionals during this Covid crisis, and I am thinking that I might use my 2021 and 2022 points to rent a Grand Villa for between 5 days and week in early 2022 (Or maybe buy points if I find a good deal....)

Leaning to OKW for the point value (Or maybe a Treehouse if fewer people want to come). Convince me that other Grand Villas are worth the points.....

MB

Our first DVC stay was in an OKW GV 2015. Probably sold us on DVC as much as anything. We have stayed now in all accommodation types and have stayed in all the WDW resorts. Our second GV stay was Kidani last December. We think we have done the last GV stay. Not that it was unpleasant, troublesome or anything like it. But, we do not “pack the house”. Our AKV stay was myself and Wife, single adult son and married adult son with two children under 5. We cook, hang out etc. Nice to be all together, but if we do a similar stay in the future our plan if able will be a studio for single son (or married if applicable) and a 2 BR for our young family and us - we have shared a 2BR with them in the past. I think the GV experience is pretty fantastic, but we will probably pass in the future for point preservation.

We have only done a GV at BLT, but man it was nice. We had a lake view, but it was actually a pretty good view of the castle. During wishes you could listen to the music on the TV as you watched the fireworks out on the balcony. It was amazing.

Also I walked through a BWV GV when they were remodeling them (most likely I was not supposed to do that but oh well), and they were beautiful. And BWV is a fun place to stay with a family once Jelloyrolls etc open back up.

We have only done a GV at BLT, but man it was nice. We had a lake view, but it was actually a pretty good view of the castle. During wishes you could listen to the music on the TV as you watched the fireworks out on the balcony. It was amazing.

Also I walked through a BWV GV when they were remodeling them (most likely I was not supposed to do that but oh well), and they were beautiful. And BWV is a fun place to stay with a family once Jelloyrolls etc open back up.
Love the view of bay lake in the morning.

My choice would be BWV but SSR is close behind. Great reno and so close to Disney springs for long walks, food and entertainment.

Title says it all. There are people in my family who are health care professionals during this Covid crisis, and I am thinking that I might use my 2021 and 2022 points to rent a Grand Villa for between 5 days and week in early 2022 (Or maybe buy points if I find a good deal....)

Leaning to OKW for the point value (Or maybe a Treehouse if fewer people want to come). Convince me that other Grand Villas are worth the points.....

MB
Hands down it was the VGF GV. There are 4 full bathrooms, a media room and a steam shower in the master suite. Pricey when it comes to the number of points needed but worth it to try at least once.

Hands down it was the VGF GV. There are 4 full bathrooms, a media room and a steam shower in the master suite. Pricey when it comes to the number of points needed but worth it to try at least once.

I love the idea, but that point cost is hard to overcome! When I think Savannah View AKV is 30% cheaper, And I love looking at giraffes out my window....

My guess is they are all pretty impressive. We did one night at BLT in a lake view which also had a view of the park and it definitely had the wow factor - it was the last night on a family trip so really worked.

We have also enjoyed the treehouse villas but better for a smaller group - 4 to 6 max in my opinion.

Can we consider the Beach Cottages at Vero a grand villa? If so, that has my vote. Otherwise, I'm going for BWV. We've done BWV, OKW, SSR and AKL Kindani. Actually they are all beautiful and unique. With all the covid points I have for next year to use, I'd love to try VGF!

The Beach Cottages intrigue me but looking into next year, it seams it's the only category where availability is spotty. Is this normal or a result of Covid? Do you really have to have Vero home resort status to book them?

The Beach Cottages intrigue me but looking into next year, it seams it's the only category where availability is spotty. Is this normal or a result of Covid? Do you really have to have Vero home resort status to book them?
Although Vero is one of my home resorts, anyone can reserve a beach cottage at 7 months out. I think many people have a LOT of points to spend due to covid cancellations (we've cancelled 5 now) and using the points for either longer vacations or the grand villas. The cottages are wonderful because they are on the beach and away from the main resort. So if you want to people distant, this is the place to be. We drive down, bring our own groceries, cook our own food, and live on the beach and bike ride the jungle trail.

My vote is for the Grand Villa at VGF, but that's the only GV that my family has stayed in. There were 4 adults and 8 kids, and we filled it up pretty quick. It was a fantastic trip, and the location can't be beat for all the restaurant access at GF and the other monorail resorts.
I would love a chance at a Boardwalk GV, especially when things are closer to normal. The beach cottage at Vero also sounds pretty awesome!

There are only 6 of them. We own at OKW and have been able to get them at the 7 month point twice. Once required some waitlisting and constant checking. Sometimes they get “walked” and it’s particularly difficult. You need to be online as soon as they are available.
They are really worth the effort.

mac_tlc

At WDW we have stayed in grand villas at:
VGF
BLT
SSR (many times)
AKV-Kidani

Our absolute favorite is VGF. It is the most luxurious, spacious, the finishes are just gorgeous. It’s light and bright and just incredible. We are planning to stay there again on our next visit if we are able to snag it at 7 months.

We have enjoyed every grand villa we have stayed in for different reasons, but VGF is the clear favorite for us. It even gives the Aulani grand villa a run for its money. The Aulani grand villa was our favorite until we stayed at VGF. Aulani wins for the view but the actual villa at VGF is so gorgeous.

We’ve stayed in grand villas at IKW, BWV and SSR, as well as the tree houses over the years. I prefer the location of BWV but prefer the atmosphere of OKW. Treehouses are awesome if you have your own car. Really can’t go wrong with any of them.

We have also enjoyed the treehouse villas but better for a smaller group - 4 to 6 max in my opinion.

7 is a very likely number where we would get a Treehouse. But 2 of the participants would be under the age of 9.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter