Younger Wish Members

Stitch_lover_Sith

<font color=royalblue>So I want to weigh in on thi
Come one come all to the thread where the under 25 crew and the college students can hang out and have great Fridays.

I got the idea to start this tread when I was noticing that our younger teammates , myself included do not post much on the main thread. I am hoping that everyone can talk about things like cramming for midterms or trying to get the classes you need for college. Plus how hard high school really is. Everyone is welcome and I will start this by asking a question. Who is lost on popular music? Who are the Jonus Brothers?
Erin

I have no clue who the Jonas Brothers are and I am also lost on popular music but thats cool with me. When it comes to music, I tend to take the road less traveled. Sometimes I like popular stuff and sometimes I like unpopular stuff.

I use my Ipod as my radio. And lets just say it does not get much new stuff on it. I mostly listen to Itunes U courses and podcasts with some old music mixed in. Most of the time I am trying to multi task get studying in while at the gym. Plus I try to get the treadmills with the TV to watch CNN for one of my classes. You know lots of down time.
Erin

Wahey! Ok so i'm not in college or full time uni any more (graduated in 2006) but am now doing post grad course so maybe i'm allowed here. My music taste has really changed recently as i've been hitting the gym- now i like anything i can sing along to (in my head of course!).

I don't know who the Jonas Brothers are either- maybe they didn't make it across the atlantic!

Everyone is welcome. I just wanted to start a thread that is smaller and air to read than the main weekly thread. I hear a lot about the Jonus Brothers at work. All the preteen girls come in and take quizzes and polls about them. My musical tastes have changed a lot since I was in high school.

http://www.myspace.com/jonasbrothers
:)
They are 3 adorable kids who are on Disney A LOT. They guest starred on Hannah Montana and are currently on tour with her. And I only know this because I have a 12 year old sister...I swear! :rolleyes1

My musical taste is a bit un-Disney. In fact, Disney has banned a lot of the bands I listen to from playing at House of Blues :(

Who they were was kinda bugging me because unlike the Backstreet boys and NSYNC they just are not that popular. Well next proposed question. I am facing a dilemma, I do online classes the teachers requires us to go onto them everyday but they themselves only seem to come on twice a week. Should I bring this up or leave it be?
Erin

Id let it go. In my online class we are supposed to do the same thing, but I only check it once or twice a week. I don't know how your online class is but in mine it developes so slowly that once or twice a week is more than enough to keep up.

Hey ArelysAdriana, what bands are you into that are banned from HOB?

The Dillinger Escape Plan is the first band that comes to mind. They are currently on tour with Killswitch Engage and Every Time I Die and that tour was supposed to come to HOB and it did, but The Dillinger Escape Plan were not allowed to play it. They ended up booking a show at another venue.

HOB recently released a statement saying they would not longer allow metal shows at their two locations on Disney property.

I just saw the Dillinger Escape Plan on Conan O'Brian last week. They put on a good show. I'm also pretty sure I saw Everytime I Die at Warped Tour '06. I'm a huge Nirvana fan, but my favorite modern band is Brand New. Although I'm kind of going through a country phase right now.

Well I guess I a the odd duck out so to speak. I love Adema and NIN but I also have a little bit of Britney spears and backstreet boys on my ipod. I have more of a industrial metal streak in me so to speak though. There are others whose names are not Disney safe though, that I listen to each day. :rolleyes1 Those will never be allowed at HOB. I think HOB resticting the bands that play there stems from somethings that happened there while I was a CP. A couple of metal concerts got way out of hand and Orange County had to be brought in. But that is just my speculation.

About the classes, there really are things that happen everyday though. We are mostly discussion based so they are set up a lot like these boards. I just am frustrated that the professors seem to think that once a week they can check in and that people in the class are ok with that. Most of us are not. I am taking three online classes and love the flexibility it gives me but at the same time the professors are driving me nuts.
Erin

I hate discussion based online classes. It makes the class so tedious. My online class this semester is actually having in-person exams which kinda makes the class self-defeating in my mind, but whatever.

I like NIN too. My musical taste is wide-sweeping. The only kind of music I really don't like is rap (I listen to classical every now and then). There is an occasional rap song that I'll like, but for the most part its not for me.

I did the College Program thing too. I worked in operations in Fantasyland and I rode Winnie the Pooh enough for a lifetime. I kind of want to go back for a semester but all it did was prolong my college career.

I saw them on Conan too :) They're my favorite band that is still together (my other two favorites are broken up :()

I know one of the straws the broke the camel's back so to speak is when a band by the name of Cradle of Filth played and many of their fans wore a very inappropriate shirt of theirs to the show and around Downtown Disney.

There have been a lot of fights and such too, but I have never personally seen the cops come. I have seen many people get thrown out though, for just plain being stupid.

Disney didn't want to scare away families from the DTD area I guess. I have gotten dirty looks from families while waiting in line for a show. My tattoos and metal-ness is apparently not family approved :rotfl:

Cool, when did you work in Fantasyland? I worked there from Jan 2006 to Jan 2007.

As far as being family friendly who cares. you are who you are and nothing should change that.
Erin

I worked there during Spring of '05. I was a cool experience. The weird thing is I didn't REALLY get into Disney until after I left.

Hey, I have tattoos too. Aren't they addicting? It seems like a year or two after I get one, I want another. I only have three now, but I have an idea for a fourth one.

It is funny how many little kids are fascinated by my piercings or tattoos because they are big/bright/shiny and usually parents try to get them away from me as fast as they can, as if I'd eat their kids right then and there :rotfl2:

Tattoos are horribly addicting. I only have 3 also, but am itching for another. After my last one though, I needed a big break from tattoos. I was in pain for weeks :(

Hey everyone! I'm kinda new to the DisBoards, I signed up a year ago but haven't actually started posting and coming on here til today so forgive me if I completely suck at it lol... My name's Jenn btw :)

On the topic of tattoos, I have one and my parents made it very clear that the next time I get one I should find another place to live lol... So it's going to be pretty easy for me to not be addicted to getting them... Plus I had a bad experience the first time I got my tattoo done so I'm not too eager to run out and get another one anytime soon :worried:

And in regards to the whole online class issue I agree with UTGuitarist27, you're better off just not saying anything... I agree though, it's so frustrating when they tell you to do something but don't actually do that themselves... I hate when I email a professor and it takes them days and days to respond back to me. At my school, students are required to check their school e-mail account at least once a day, it should be the same rule for professors lol

I don't have online tutorials or anything, but in general it is one rule for students and another for professers and lecturers and to be honest that's the way it will probably always be. We have to get our work in by 4pm on a specified day, with apparently a 4 week marking turn around. We're now 6 weeks from hand in with no sign of a mark. Grr. It's hard work doing essays whilst workin full time so i wish they'd put the effort in too.

I really wouldn't raise the online presence with your professors, these are people who will mark you and help you when you need it so you don't really want to upset the relationship in anyway.

Welcome Jenn, I have finally brought you to the light. :thumbsup2

Smiley- I know what you mean with the turn around time on papers to get graded. I have learned to just wait it out.:sad2:

Well on my front I finally feel like I am caught up with work and school. It was only like six weeks for that to happen.

UT- Did you work with a Nathan Gilbert by any chance? I worked in F-Land for a year and ended up being cross trained for everything. My favorite to work though was Pan and I truly despised Philhar. Love the show hated working it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter