Yo-ho-ho, sailin, sailin, 3 night Wonder on 12/17/09

Tweet, we are only a few staterooms away in 2143 and 2145. Hi neighbor!

We are in 2622 & 2624, anyone near us? May I apologize in advance for my toddler at afternoon naptime and my teenagers at any misc. time...?:confused3

Where do we want to meet once we board? In the lobby at 3:00? I'm just throwing out an idea. Any other suggestions?

Beach Blanket Buffet might be nice...the family can eat while the DIS-members talk? Outside if it's nice or inside if it's not...somebody could make a cute sign or some way to let everyone know this is the DISmeet. Just a suggestion. Any others? More options are always good. :)

What excursions does everyone have planned?

We have NONE planned, other than Flounder's reef for part of the Castaway Cay day. We may take a couple of taxis to Paradise Island in Nassau; have to research that soon.

Who has Palo reservations?

Nope.

Who feels like there's too much to do and too little time to do it before the trip[I]?!!!!

Yes! AND too much I want to do to get done on a 3 day cruise! I cannot wait to see the ship and Castaway Cay decorated for Christmas!!! I saw pics online of CC decorated anyway--hope they really do that! :santa:
[/[/I]QUOTE]

OK, sorry that post was confusing.

--:guilty:Jennifer W.
who obviously has NO idea how to quote properly...

I wanted to stop in and say hello to the newbies. Our meet thread is a bit on the quiet side but I hope we can start to chatter a bit more since our cruise is in only a month!!

My kids still don't know about the cruise.... hehehe... Anyone else still keeping a secret?

Where do we want to meet once we board? In the lobby at 3:00? I'm just throwing out an idea. Any other suggestions?

Who feels like there's too much to do and too little time to do it before the trip?!!!!

I am SOOO glad you are starting the chat. This is my first DCL cruise. Been on RCL and CCL a number of times but I have not been as excited for any of them as I am for this one. I am hoping my DH likes it because this way I can book a 7 day one on board:)

We have Palo reservations for Saturday at 8:30pm. It will be nice to spend some quality time with my DH. It's hard to do with a 3 year old.

No excursions planned. I originally booked Comfort Suites but after reading some threads and pming a person I decided to cancel. We will take a cab over check out the hotel and then head over to the public beach that is about a 1/2 mile down.

AND yes to having too much to do! I work on a college campus and we are in the midst of running a week long H1N1 vaccination clinic which is taking up all of my work days (and nights:sad2:) Which means I still have work on my desk to do. Then I have to plan Thanksgiving and have all the holiday shopping done before we leave. But I have to be honest - the thought makes me super excited. From Thanksgiving through New Years is my favorite time of year.

Funny enough in all this craziness going on in my life, I was able to finish my FE and now am deciding on gifts:banana:

We are getting super excited with each passing day... however I still have way too much to do! This is our first time traveling with the baby and I'm getting to the freak out point. Althoug DH did point out that it's not like we're going to the ends of the earth and if we forget anything we can always pick it up in Orlando.

We've got all of Lorelei's christmas stuff done, so now we're just trying to make our packing list.

We'll be at Palo's on Sat at 6 pm. :goodvibes

We'll be getting to WDW on Dec 12 and staying at Saratoga Springs till the cruise. We're trying to get that changed because we really want to stay at the new Bay Lake Towers so hopefully here in a few days people start cancelling and we can get in. After the cruise we're going to back to WDW and staying at the Beach Club. :woohoo: We've never stayed there before so we're excited.

This time we're also taking a van to port through FLtours so we should get there earlier than last time since we're leaving at 10. I just felt a little safer having a carseat for Lorelei.

I think 3 at the lobby sounds great. Do we have anyone making a list and name tags? Maybe I missed it.

Yesterday we booked the Maiden Voyage for the Disney Dream. I can barely contain my excitement and I have to wait over a year! Anyone else going with us?

I haven't even thought about packing yet!! Just trying to get to Thanksgiving week. Hubby has that week off!! I am done Christmas shopping. I just need to get things wrapped and stocking finished as it get closer.

We are staying at the Animal Kingdom Villas the night before and at the Willderness Lodge Villas for a few days after. We are just now trying to figure out the transportation between the hotels and port. I was wondering if anyone would want to split a van with drive with us. We could do a town car, but need a booster and a car seat. Please let me know if anyone is interested and we can see if they would mind doing two stops. We just don't want to mess with a rental car and even a car service is cheaper than Disney busses!

Daisy

Hi everyone,

What we did for our last cruise on the Wonder in order to "see" other members while in the terminal, I thought was a pretty good idea. Home Depot has Disney paint samples in the shape of Mickey Heads. They have a bright green color, some people would then either put them on their shirts or on a bag, so others would see each other. A few others, myself included, went to a craft store and bought the bright green tees and we all wore them. We made a couple of iron-ons from the other design board (magnets) with our names.

Another thing was to do an informal meet at the sail away party. Just to meet at the right side of the stage and say Hi!

I am SO excited, only sad it is just 3 nights. But this was our bounce-back, so 3 is much better than none. :cloud9:

Wow I am impressed with everyone who is done Christmas shopping. I just started with the children in my life. Disneystore.com was selling pjs for $5.00!!!! So all the small kids are getting pjs.

Dawn, I like the idea of being able to identify each other by either the green Mickey or the lime green shirts. If tees are a go, Michael's is selling tees 5 for $10 and AC Moore 4 for $10. Not sure of the colors.

I wanted to stop in and say hello to the newbies. Our meet thread is a bit on the quiet side but I hope we can start to chatter a bit more since our cruise is in only a month!!

My kids still don't know about the cruise.... hehehe... Anyone else still keeping a secret?

Who feels like there's too much to do and too little time to do it before the trip?!!!!

I dont believe it-we have been upgraded to Cat 10 rooms and my daughter Vikki and grandson Liam age 2 and a 1/2 are next door in 2147 and they dont know anything about the trip :cool1:look out for their door decorations as I have them all ready for them My Dh and I will be in 2605 so not too far away

If tees are a go, Michael's is selling tees 5 for $10 and AC Moore 4 for $10. Not sure of the colors.

We got our tes at AC Moore. They have tons of colors. Also, if anyone is planning on having a t-shirt or pillow case signed by the characters, while in the craft store, pick up a pack of laundry markers in a multi-color set. This way there will not be a problem washing the items.

Hey everyone!

I have updated the FE list on post 85. I just made a couple changes. Please take a quick look and let me know if you're missing, or if anything is incorrect. I will make updates and send a follow-up post.

37 days till we are on the boat! Looks like a bunch of us are neighbors, I'll be looking for all your door flair!

I love the idea of meeting on the right side of the stage at the Sailaway Party. That way we can all casually meet up and chat with the families. :thumbsup2

I'll try to check back more often, I'm so not super good about checking up.

Cheers!
:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

Hey everyone!

I have updated the FE list on post 85. I just made a couple changes. Please take a quick look and let me know if you're missing, or if anything is incorrect. I will make updates and send a follow-up post.

37 days till we are on the boat! Looks like a bunch of us are neighbors, I'll be looking for all your door flair!

I love the idea of meeting on the right side of the stage at the Sailaway Party. That way we can all casually meet up and chat with the families. :thumbsup2

I'll try to check back more often, I'm so not super good about checking up.

Cheers!
:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

Good Morning,

Happy Veterans Day to all that have serviced or have family that are (or did) service.

On another note, I am missing from post 85 but am on the 107 post.

Fatima

Are staterooms are not listed but we do have them now. They are 2137 and 2139. Thanks! Counting the days:cheer2:

Nice to meet you neighbor! We decided to tell our boys that we are going. A friend of mine and I started talking one child at a time for a mother/son trip when they were 12. Dad stayed home with the other kids. This is our first Disney cruise and we are so excited! We do have Palo reservations on Thursday. Thats all that was left. Can't wait to do the FE , but are haveing the hardest time making one:confused3

Hi Tweet,

I have no sewing skills whatsoever. I made mine using the no sew directions. It wasn't that easy but doable. I am a learner so I had to keep the picture up while going through the step by step directions. I would post the pic of the FE but I can't figure out how to do that.

:cool1:Fe list :cool1:

The cut-off date to be added to the FE will be November 22. One month to sailing, this will give us enough time for shopping. :) Thanks all! If you're not on the list, and want to participate, let me know and I'll add you. :santa:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Families that would like to participate in the FE Exchange  Let me know if you’d like me to add or remove you. I did consolidate information for this list to give you numbers of families, and children, and room numbers. I only compiled this list based on who actually said “yes” to the FE question in this thread. If I overlooked you, I’m sorry! I’d be happy to update all information. And I can’t wait to get all the gifts together. My 3 year old son is going to have a BLAST walking around and leaving surprise gifts at your door!! 36DAYS TILL CRUISE TIME!!!!

DIS NAME: pgsahm2
ADULTS - 4 adults, Amanda and Shawn, Vickie and Gene
KIDS (AGES WHEN SAIL) - 3 kids, Braxton- 10, Camden- turning 8 on 12/17, Dawson- 3
Room Number - 2143

DIS NAME: pgsahm2
ADULTS - 2 adults Vickie and Gene
Room Number - 2145

DIS NAME - canuckgal
ADULTS - 2 adults - Michelle (me) and my husband James
KIDS (AGES WHEN SAIL) - Sadie who will be 8
Room #6094

DIS NAME - BoogasMom
ADULTS - Amy and Todd
KIDS (AGES WHEN SAIL) - Brandon will be 9 and Carson will be 6 when we cruise
Cat 12 GTY right now so no room number yet.
My boys would love to participate in the FE exchange so sign them up, too

Dis Name - Margo in Cinci
2 Adults: DH - Steve and Me - Margo
DS - Fred 10
Room # 6132

DISNAME - cbmeadors
Adults - Brett and Deaven
Kids - Sophie (9) and Jake (7)
Room - 5518

DIS NAME(s) - degrapevine
ADULTS - David (43) and Rose (39) - Celebrating 20th anniversary
KIDS - Leaving 'em at home w/the Grandparents!
Room # 2510

Dis Name~Capt. Jack
Adults~Gary & Charlene
Kid~Gillian (will be 10 at cruise time)
Cat 12 GTY so no stateroom # yet.

DIS NAME: PrincessDuck
ADULTS Chris and Daisy(hence princessduck!!) - going on a 7 day cruise in Oct.
KIDS (AGES WHEN SAIL) Meghan 6 years and Donovan 3 years (their first cruise)
Room # ??

DIS NAME(s): cruiseorrs
ADULTS: 2
KIDS: 1 son (Marek) 3yrs old
ROOM: 2558

DIS NAME(s): pmama
ADULTS, 2 - Dustan, Brooke
KIDS, 2- DD9(Hope) DD5 (Faith)
ROOM: 2612
EXTRA: This is our first cruise, can't wait!
FISH EXTENDER: YES the girls are so excited for this.

DIS NAME(s) Tweet
ADULTS 2 Schulget/Boes
ROOM: 2137, 2139
KIDS (AGES WHEN SAIL) Eric 17, Sam 17
STATE Illinois

DIS NAME - Fatima1922
ADULTS - 2 adults, Fatima and Kenny
KIDS (AGES WHEN SAIL) - Amaya - 3
STATE - NJ
ROOM: 2068

DIS NAME - momster24
ADULTS - 2 Adam and Dawn
KIDS - DS, Aydan - 7
STATE - Florida, (south)
Room #2500

:dance3::dance3:Okay, everyone...

Are we all getting ready?

I've actually made lists for everything I have to do, its just where to begin....:confused3

Going to even still do some of my cooking and baking.... but not like usual...

Hope all is well and I hope my ticker works at the bottom. If not you all can laugh at me.

Shout out the Valentine Voyagers. My son actually asked "So we were the Valentine Voyagers last time. What are we called this time?

Any ideas? Holiday Pirates? pirate::tinker::tinker::donald:

Margo, I made a super-de-dooper list the other day and it makes me want to cry when I think of how long it is! lol

I will probably have a Little Green Mickey Head on the bag I'm carrying while in the port. We will more than likely get there by 10:30 so feel free to come up and say hello. I'll be the one with three boys, ready to pull out my hair.

We are staying at POR from 12/12 til leaving on the Wonder. Then when we get off the boat we'll be heading home....

I think we need a name too. Anyone with ideas?

We are also at Palo on Saturday at 8:30! :)

No excursions for us... We'll be enjoying the quiet ship while in Nassau and then lying on the beach at Castaway.

I really, really need to get it together and start marking things off my list! Only 28 days til we head to Florida!

OMG! That means I have like 29 days!

No excursions for us either although I think I would like to enjoy some cuisine and adult beverages while in Nassau....

Searching for fun and innovative FEs....

Gonna start the xmas shopping...

Names - I am trying to come up with something holiday Bahama like.... or pirate like...

Took the day off to use a spa gift certificate my brother gave me for my 40th bday LAST YEAR!!! It almost expired. That would have been a HUGE waste. I almost remember what it was like to pamper myself:). How life changes after children! Started doing some Christmas shopping today. The Disney store has a friends and family 20% coupon and Old Navy/Gap 30% coupon so I got some great deals:cool1: I was almost floored at the fact that Santa is already in the malls.

Now it is time to work on my FE gifts:banana: Is anyone bring extra gifts? I was looking at the original meet list and there are a few families that didn't mention the FE but they have children. I don't know if they have been checking this thread.

I'll have my green mickey tag as well. I will be with the man with the screw face because I have him getting on a ship against his will (or so he says);). Gotta love him!

No excursions here either. Probably just head to Paradise Island so DH can see Atlantis and maybe hit the beach after that. I do have to say Dec 17 could get here any faster!

My parents rec'd their cruise docs from UPS this morning! I'm on the look out for my UPS guy this afternoon. Anyone else rec'd theirs?

The FE list cut off is coming up Sunday. If you haven't signed up and want to participate make sure your name is on the list that cruiseorrs has put together for us. http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34296529&postcount=134

We'll be cruising in a month!!!!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter