Yikes! This many didn't make the finish?

lenshanem

DIS Veteran
I just read Mike Scopa's report on Race for the Taste from last year on Mouseplanet. He said - "Only 2143 of the 2500 participants were able to cross the finish line."

OMG! Isn't that a high number? 357 didn't make it?!? Is that amount normal? Is the course too congested that people can't keep within pace or are that many not prepared? Now I'm nervous...

Just a guess, but here are my theories:

1. Some people were no shows

2. Some people trained to just barely make the pace and didn't.

3. Some people just didn't train.

4. Some people got hurt.

You have a good plan in place and plenty of time. Keep up with your plan and you will be fine!!!!!!

Just a guess, but here are my theories:

1. Some people were no shows

2. Some people trained to just barely make the pace and didn't.

3. Some people just didn't train.

4. Some people got hurt.

You have a good plan in place and plenty of time. Keep up with your plan and you will be fine!!!!!!

Dang it Carrie, tell the truth. These folks have a right to know about the thing that comes out of the swamp and eats a few of the slower athletes every race. Heck I saw it eat this poor woman who was answering the call of nature during the marathon. Kind of a black patch of midnight consumed her.

We keep moving and stay toward the middle of the road. Things like this may be encouraged for the Twilight Zone race, remember they said we would start at 9 pm, no one ever said when the horror might end. The MGM people are going home at 1 am.

Dave:scared1:

Dang it Carrie, tell the truth. These folks have a right to know about the thing that comes out of the swamp and eats a few of the slower athletes every race. Heck I saw it eat this poor woman who was answering the call of nature during the marathon. Kind of a black patch of midnight consumed her.

We keep moving and stay toward the middle of the road. Things like this may be encouraged for the Twilight Zone race, remember they said we would start at 9 pm, no one ever said when the horror might end. The MGM people are going home at 1 am.

Dave:scared1:

:scared1: :laughing: :laughing:

DAVE!!!! :lmao:

Your NOT suppose to tell the new people! otherwise there won't be new people and that thing will be after us!

May have been the pre-race food for RFTT that did folks in. Whose idea was it to serve buffalo chicken wings before a 10K? :crazy2:

That's why I am bummed I have to miss RFTT. Chicken Wings are my pre race meal before every Goofy;) They make you go faster(and more often):rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter