Yes, we can be bribed. PTR *NEW UPDATE 05/22 - SO CLOSE I CAN'T EVEN FUNCTION

I have heard the ice cream party is fun but not the best view of the parade. So if you are doing it for a view, I'm worried you'd be disappointed. I would search for some reviews of people who have done it to get an idea just to be safe!

I agree with this as well!

Well, the parade is my priority so I think we're going to actually stick to Tony's. We had it before and liked it and we'll the parade is important enough that I guess I'll roll the dice.

i agree - I think there are things going for it (the pool, etc.) so a really nice rehab could make it a really nice resort (assuming that rehab comes with top notch service, etc., not just physical)

So I've learned they're putting freestyle machines in the former first floor vending areas. This is awesome!! My biggest complaint is that I could never get a mug refill after hours!!

Disney Fact #29 with the number 29!!

There are 27 towers on the castle, numbered 1-29. (Tower numbers 13 and 17 were deleted before construction since they could not easily be seen from anywhere in the park, mainly due to obstruction by other Fantasyland buildings.) The tower with the clock in front is number 10, the tallest is number 20, and number 23 is the other golden-roofed tower. For the better part of 2015, Disney has added an additional 4 turrets to Cinderella Castle extending the lovely panorama!

th

Last edited:
Disney Fact #29 with the number 29!!

There are 27 towers on the castle, numbered 1-29. (Tower numbers 13 and 17 were deleted before construction since they could not easily be seen from anywhere in the park, mainly due to obstruction by other Fantasyland buildings.) The tower with the clock in front is number 10, the tallest is number 20, and number 23 is the other golden-roofed tower. For the better part of 2015, Disney has added an additional 4 turrets to Cinderella Castle extending the lovely panorama!

neat fact - and I actually have a blueprint of the Castle hanging above my computer and it has the towers numbered - and did see that #10 is the one with the clock
Castle blueprint 1.jpg Castle blueprint 2.jpg

OK, DISNEY FACT #28 WITH THE NUMBER 28:

March 28, 1987 First Disney Store opens, in Glendale Galleria

th

Last edited:
DISNEY FACT #27 with the number 27!!

Released on November 13, 1988, Oliver and Company was the 27th Animated Film to be released by Walt Disney Studios. (it's one of my faves cause Billy Joel sings in it)

th

I'll have more news soon, right now, I am just trying to get through today, but YAY...

It's MAY!

HERE'S YOUR DISNEY FUN FACT #25 WITH THE NUMBER 25!!

2017 (March 26 to be exact) marked the 25th Anniversary of Disneyland Paris, formerly Euro Disney!

th

And since this has 25 in it, but isn't really specific I will place this here for honorable mention.

This year, the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival will feature more than 25 international marketplace kiosks, which offer tapas-sized portions of regional specialties as well as recommended wine and beer pairings.

th

I thought the special event they had for the 25th of Paris was great - loved all the characters

I think this year they are actually going to have 35 booths (for EPCOTs 35th anniversary) not 25 though

I thought the special event they had for the 25th of Paris was great - loved all the characters

I think this year they are actually going to have 35 booths (for EPCOTs 35th anniversary) not 25 though

Yeah I wasn't too sure so that's why I didn't include it as the "fact" fact. I just kinda mentioned it as a side note.

TIME TO BEAT.... 2h and 31 minutes. At least that's what Google Maps says and we'll be traveling 115 miles.

This is actually the shortest distance from our home to Disney. Driving up 75 to 4 is about another ~40 more miles, but does take about the same amount of time.

upload_2017-5-3_14-17-4.png

And besides, this is what the route looks like at almost any given time

upload_2017-5-3_14-21-12.png

You can usually count on some sheer stupidity around Sarasota that will inevitably add 20-30 minutes of driving time or force me to detour over to 17/27 anyway.

Bartow is approximately 65 miles from our home, which puts it just over halfway from our house to Disney. I am researching some hotels and malls in the area to see if this would be a good place for our pre-vacation destination, but Bartow is basically just one dude riding around on a lawn mower, so I have to push further north into Winter Haven to find any civilization. Problem is, that's pretty close to Disney at that point.

upload_2017-5-3_14-28-34.png

However, if I alter the route just slightly it gives us another 10 miles and 15 minutes, but takes us into Lake Wales

upload_2017-5-3_14-36-33.png

where there is a whole lot more to do and places to stay.

upload_2017-5-3_14-46-55.png

So there you have it, we've decided we'll camp for the night in Lake Wales. There's a Publix, Walmart, Movie Theater, and lots of places to eat within 0-3 miles of any of the hotels. I am researching rates and hotels and will figure that out at some point in the next few days.

Also just learned my older sister will be coming for a visit May 25-26, The problem is I am so tight on PTO, I can't afford to take anymore off to spend with her. However, I have decided that I am going to work the Sunday before we leave as I don't think I have anything going on and just trade the Sunday for the Friday.

SURPRISE UPDATE!!

So, I just talked to my husband who reminded me we were IHG members and have lots of points and reward nights we've never used and guess what! There is a Holiday Inn Express right in Lake Wales surrounded by a Publix, Kohls, McDonald's, movie theater, and a mall!! Woohoo!!

th

Our extra vacation day is booked!! FOR FREE!! It was only 20,000 points and I was going to do points and cash, but hubby did the math and told me to book with only points was the better value.

AND... AND!!

I got approval from upper management (since I'm kinda middle-upper) that I can switch my working day from the 26th to the 21st (I had to pawn off my patients on another clinician and she accepted so yay to that too) and just do an in-service for the 21st. I had to get an approval because even though I am salaried, any weekend day comes at a higher pay rate and I agreed to forgo the difference but they said I wasn't allowed to do that and had to get approval to be paid more for the switch. So, now I get a few bucks more too!

THAT MEANS...

THAT MEANS.....

TWO MORE DAYS OF VACATION MAKING THE COUNTDOWN NOW 23 DAYS!!

Last edited:
Glad things are working out planning wise - nice little bonus with getting the extra weekend pay as well!

Glad things are working out planning wise - nice little bonus with getting the extra weekend pay as well!

I am more excited about the day off vs the pay. It's not that much, maybe $50 or so. However, they actually sent me an email this morning saying I could do a half day on the 21st and then just divide the rest of the time on the other 4 days, so that's an hour earlier or later or 1/2 hour split for each day. I can do that! I think I'll try and do at least 6 hours on the 21st and just stay later 1/2 hour the rest of the days. The problem is balancing the patient load and having my productivity match my hours, but I am working on scheduling with that team to throw some extra my way for that week. I'll be busy, but it'll be worth it!

OK people, back on track. Last week and yesterday kicked my @$$ at work.

However, just as I predicted, it's time to start getting ready to leave and my schedule is now in full swing. This Saturday, I could have done other things besides get my nails done, but that's exactly what I did - and nothing else.

th

Well actually, that's not true. I did go to Walgreens and get lots of skin care products cause my husband and I are incredibly sunburnt on our faces from a little incident we had on our wave runner. We thought it would be AWESOME to go out on 4-6 ft. waves in the open gulf that were breaking at a height of about 3-4ft. on the shore. Yeah, so we got rocked off our wave runner, couldn't get back on the thing, (well one could, but when the other tried a wave knocked us both off), we got pushed onto shore as the waves kept crashing on us so hard that we couldn't get the wave runner off of shore and back into the water. When my husband had it positioned just enough off the beach, I actually made a running jump for it, landed on it, and took off leaving him at the beach. It's ok though, we made a plan to rendezvous just on the other side of the island where the waves were calmer. I picked him up over there and off we went back to the boat launch to get our land legs back. It was rough! It was also a little scary, but we laugh about it now. However, that ordeal left us 2.5 hours in the hot, Florida sun in 93 degree temps. Our life jackets prevented body damage and I don't usually burn, but man, our faces were burned.

5244591db378cb4685064cf8848313a7a140572b08b19416a9b5d7f40e3fb67a_1.jpg

Anyway, so that was last week on Tuesday. Work picked up and it actually kept me from spending as much time writing on the boards as I like. Even yesterday, I had 20 cases. I'm supposed to spend 1/2 hour reviewing each case and then do supervision rotations as well. I managed to get it all done in 9 hours, but that meant I didn't even want to look at a computer screen. Today is much calmer, so I am trying to get back on track.

th

I need to start getting my shopping done. My weekends are being taken by bowling for the rest of this month. I'm a semi-pro bowler in my off time and I am in the Nationals in Las Vegas this year. Last Sunday I had two tournaments, this Saturday I have a tournament and Sunday is a practice day for the Vegas tournament being hosted by one of the alleys my tournament group bowls at. So my weekends are shot, which means I have to do all my running around after work. Ugh.

c65fa7561372360002155c882d9d83ce.jpg

However, this is happening exactly like I said it would. I get super busy the weeks leading up to a trip and then I am rushing around the few days before. The weekend of the 20th looks good for me, errand wise, so I am trying to book a facial in the afternoon to give me motivation to get all my errands done in the AM. The 21st is out because that's the Sunday I traded for Friday.

Today, I am spending some time shopping for outfits and accessories and at least getting that in order. CAUSE Y'ALL KNOW I NEED MICKEY EARS FROM ETSY!!

th

Also, picked up a few beach towels because apparently if I leave the liquid chlorine for the pool INSIDE the outside cabinet where you also store beach towels, well, you'll no longer have fully functioning beach towels. Lesson learned. Chlorine moved to other storage area that only has pool equipment.

So, we left off with fact #25. Since the inclusion of the 27th in Lake Wales and taking off the 26th since my sister decided she'd come for a visit, my time line has changed. Including today, we are 17 days left before it's vacation time for me. Therefore, I am behind on some facts.

DISNEY FUN FACT #24 WITH THE NUMBER 24

When the Mickey Mouse Club first aired in 1955 there were 24 original Musketeers.

th

DISNEY FUN FACT #23 WITH THE NUMBER 23

At the ripe age of 23, Hans is the youngest Disney villain.

th

DISNEY FUN FACT #22, WITH THE NUMBER 22

The Disney Dream’s Art Deco-style chandelier sparkles with thousands of hand-crafted crystal beads and glows with colorful glasswork. Crafted in Brixen, located in Northern Italy, the chandelier is 22 feet diameter at the ceiling plate and comes down 13 feet from the ceiling. It is 24kt gold plated with a total of 88,680 Swarovski crystal beads ranging in size from 6mm to 12mm.

th

DISNEY FUN FACT #21 WITH THE NUMBER 21!

Monsters University debuted on June 21st, 2013

th

DISNEY FUN FACT #20 WITH THE NUMBER 20!

STAY TUNED

HEY, these facts are hard to find!

Last edited:
I'm in!! We'll be down May 27-June 5th! Not super planning to be at any of the dis meet up stuff but perhaps we'll run into each other!!
Ahahahah I LOVE the "what's the catch?" "stay at CBR and like it!"

Like, I don't like that resort at all...I've stayed twice, thinking giving it a second chance would be a good idea and it just reminded me why I didn't like it! LOVE Port Orleans!!

Have you seen what they're doing during the construction? You might want to give it another chance

Characters by the pool each afternoon
Lunch and Dinner Buffets that are quick service credits. We don't do DDP, but we think they're very reasonable at $13.99 and $20.99 respectively.
Freestyle coke machines in every village
and there seems to be some random welcome gift given out

Last edited:
and there seems to be some random welcome gift given out

oooooh! this is the first I'm hearing about a CBR welcome gift ... and characters by the pool?!!! .... yea! :tiptoe: Please keep us posted once you get on sight and discover all of these little goodies!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter