Yes, we can be bribed. PTR *NEW UPDATE 05/22 - SO CLOSE I CAN'T EVEN FUNCTION

oooooh! this is the first I'm hearing about a CBR welcome gift ... and characters by the pool?!!! .... yea! :tiptoe: Please keep us posted once you get on sight and discover all of these little goodies!

I am trying to figure out if the welcome gift has any consistencies like was there an occasion marked on the reservation, or did they use a TA, did they have a package, etc. it seems to be a lunch cooler loaded with some cereal, snacks, and a few juice pouches.

DISNEY FACT #20 WITH THE NUMBER 20! Thanks to @rteetz for posting the info I used for this.

According to 2nd Quarter fiscal earnings for 2017: Parks and Resorts profit grew 20% compared to last year

DISNEY FACT 19 WITH THE NUMBER 19:

On Wednesday, Jan 18, 2017, according to BMO, Disney shares to drop 19% this year on ESPN, movie risks

Hope the sunburn isn't too bad!

I had no idea you were a semi-pro bowler - very cool. I was on my high school bowling team but am just good enough to look impressive to people that don't bowl

People often think about the ages of the princesses but don't see much mention of the villains age - very interesting (well, if we count Pixar I guess Sid would be younger)

Hope the sunburn isn't too bad!

I had no idea you were a semi-pro bowler - very cool. I was on my high school bowling team but am just good enough to look impressive to people that don't bowl

People often think about the ages of the princesses but don't see much mention of the villains age - very interesting (well, if we count Pixar I guess Sid would be younger)

Pixar never counts!! Lol

I bowled in HS and then in undergrad school. I stopped after some severe knee injuries made it too painful. I had a 5th surgery about 5ish years ago that finally repaired the damage using dead people parts. But, my new challenge was my weight. However, our son was a natural bowler like his mom and I spent a lot of time in bowling alleys. I got talking to another mom at the kid events who also said she used to bowl. One day, we looked at each other and asked ourselves why we kept talking about the glory days instead of reliving them. We joined a league to get sanctioned and then we entered our first tournament in July of 2015. We won it. I started slimming down (about 169lbs) and got my form down. We've been unstoppable ever since. I was 1099'd for the first time last year due to my winnings which erased my amateur status. However, I'm traveling the world with a bowling ball and I never even dreamed of it.

The sunburn wasn't tooo bad, but the peeling.... ick!

Pixar never counts!! Lol

I bowled in HS and then in undergrad school. I stopped after some severe knee injuries made it too painful. I had a 5th surgery about 5ish years ago that finally repaired the damage using dead people parts. But, my new challenge was my weight. However, our son was a natural bowler like his mom and I spent a lot of time in bowling alleys. I got talking to another mom at the kid events who also said she used to bowl. One day, we looked at each other and asked ourselves why we kept talking about the glory days instead of reliving them. We joined a league to get sanctioned and then we entered our first tournament in July of 2015. We won it. I started slimming down (about 169lbs) and got my form down. We've been unstoppable ever since. I was 1099'd for the first time last year due to my winnings which erased my amateur status. However, I'm traveling the world with a bowling ball and I never even dreamed of it.

The sunburn wasn't tooo bad, but the peeling.... ick!

First off, congrats on 169!!!

I used to have a mean reverse hook (totally because I learned to bowl incorrectly apparently). I always wanted to be a great bowler, ever since KingPin. Never made it higher than a 160 avg. Glad you are living the dream.

First off, congrats on 169!!!

I used to have a mean reverse hook (totally because I learned to bowl incorrectly apparently). I always wanted to be a great bowler, ever since KingPin. Never made it higher than a 160 avg. Glad you are living the dream.

Hey, 160 isn't bad :thumbsup2

This is one of those accidental dreams. I just never knew I wanted to do this and so I never dreamt of it. I also think I thought it wasn't possible after my knee injury. I STILL can't ride a bicycle!

I know I am lagging on the facts, but it's been busy!! Another Monday from H3LL and yesterday I was recovering from Monday.

3254941_orig.jpg

Seriously, it was awful and I was surprised because it was Mother's Day weekend and my patients have a tendency to keep it together on the pseudo-holidays. Not this time. I have no idea what was in the water, but man, I hope people stop drinking it. What's happening probably isn't unusual, it's just I have 8 working days left and I think I have already checked out for vacation so now everything seems like a big hassle.

Anyway.

Something interesting I have learned. When I was heavier buying a bathing suit was simple. Clothes; not so much. Bathing suit shopping consisted of finding something that covered most of my parts and being done. Now that my parts aren't all the same size, finding something to cover them in a flattering way has become a challenge.

afce515f66bf512e2e3ea7a5265c9d9d.jpg

So what I've done is ordered about 10 bathing suits from 3 different places all with express shipping hoping I find ONE I like. I tried local stores first, of course, and no luck because for some reason, if you're not a size 6, all your bathing suit bottoms MUST be black and I'm just over that. I want colors on my @$$!

Our Disney Store package hasn't arrived yet. I have no idea why and the order tracking page isn't working.

I ordered a trip mascot that arrived off eBay. I got it off eBay because I had NO idea that this was a rare character. :confused3

s-l225.jpg

I got the Disney Parks version with the hang tag still attached. It wasn't expensive, probably about the cost it would have been new when it was sold. Maybe a few bucks less. I think it was $15.

I am going to go to the Dollar Store this week and try and get some window decorations. Nothing too fancy, just hoping to maybe put a strand of lights and some suction cup characters. Maybe I'll slip on over to the party store on a lunch break. If I don't get this done, I won't cry over it.

Now, for plans because I haven't discussed this at all.

upload_2017-5-17_11-35-14.png

Here's my handy dandy spreadsheet.

The only thing I would really like to change is my California Grill reservation. I was able to snag a 7pm reservation last night and I have it on hold along with the 9:10pm reservation. I really wish I could get an 8pm as I imagine this would be the ideal time. It would leave us 1 hour to eat before fireworks, have dessert, and then head out to the AK meet. As it stands, I think we can do it just fine, but for some reason I would feel better with an 8:30pm reservation. Oh well, I guess I will cancel that 7pm because I think that's going to be just too early.

I really want to head to the outlets, but I am very indecisive if I want to squeeze it in before we head into the bubble or if I want to leave the bubble and go do it. I could even do it on the way home on the 4th, but I was concerned about traffic. This is also something I haven't decided on.

I'm hoping to score tickets to the DIS private POTC screening. If it doesn't happen, not crying over it. There's plenty of time in my schedule to go do it another day, but it would fit real nice into the spot it's scheduled.

I am also hoping to be a winner on the lunch cruise for the Silent Auction. That would be awesome!

It's getting so close! Time is flying and yet standing still at the same time.

Tonight ,I am going home to start packing clothes and my park backpack.
Tomorrow, I am heading to Target for gift cards
Friday, I'll start packing Jay's stuff
Saturday, I agreed to bowl in a tournament
Sun-Weds, last minute odds and ends
Thurs, work and hair after work
Fri, Beach Day
Saturday, Nails Day and travel day
Sunday, Check into Disney.

WELL, IT'S MY LAST FRIDAY Y'ALL!!

upload_2017-5-19_10-28-59.jpeg

I have done nothing today except read the local news and the boards. I have at least made a to-do list for today, which I will promptly start 15 minutes before it's time to leave. Kidding. Sorta.

Of course since we're so close I HAD to go and change our plans.

I canceled STK Orlando and booked Yachtsman instead. That place is too expensive for "ok" reviews. The reviews at Yachtsman's are much better. We've never done either, but Yachtsman's actually looks like a better deal. They both have the steak dinner for 2, but STK everything is a la carte as far as I can tell and at Yachtsman, the dinner for 2 comes with 3 sides, so.... if I am going to spend $100+ on steak, I don't want to question my choice. I originally booked STK Orlando so that we could fall out into Disney Springs afterward, but this is going to be our first night and I might be a little too ambitious for that. SO... we'll have dinner and then take a walk on the Boardwalk afterward. They have WATERMELON MARGARITAS THERE Y'ALL!! ON THE BOARDWALK! YUM!!

If we get really bored before dinner, maybe we'll head into Epcot for a bit and walk to Yacht Club through the IG. So many possibilities.

But most importantly, it's MY LAST FRIDAY!!

But this begins H3LL week. I only have one day off this week, which makes a cranky Maria. I'm off tomorrow and then it's right back in the saddle for Sunday, but I chose this to have Friday off and not burn anymore PTO. In hindsight, this was a stupid decision because after my May accrual, I will have 40 hours in the bank. Oh well, I can sit here and play I guess.

Tomorrow I will run around a bit, there's a few things I need to complete some outfits.

Good news is, one of my bathing suits arrived yesterday and it's perfect so I am really happy about that.

Sooo...

Anyone else get depressed as their trip approaches? I mean, I'm excited, but the excitement for me really is about the planning. The minute there's nothing to plan, I get sad. It's almost like I just need a trip that will never happen that I can just perpetually plan.

Your plans look good - especially the parts that overlap with my plans ;)

I want colors on my @$$!
... heck of a name for the subsequent trip report

I like your change to do Yachtsman and then hang out on the boardwalk - sounds like a nice arrival night

glad you found a bathing suit that fit!

Your plans look good - especially the parts that overlap with my plans ;)

... heck of a name for the subsequent trip report

I like your change to do Yachtsman and then hang out on the boardwalk - sounds like a nice arrival night

glad you found a bathing suit that fit!

BEST IDEA YET!

Anyone else get depressed as their trip approaches? I mean, I'm excited, but the excitement for me really is about the planning. The minute there's nothing to plan, I get sad. It's almost like I just need a trip that will never happen that I can just perpetually plan.

Oh my gosh - I COMPLETELY agree with this sentiment! The best part of planning a Disney trip is the planning!!!
My sister and I are going to Dis 20th party on June 1 -- hopefully we'll run into each other :)
Safe travels!

tomorrow is my online check in day.

I'm confused about this - call me a total newbie since have only stayed in the bubble a couple of times - what is the purpose of online check-in? Is it only really needed to rush this on the "day" (is that 30 days out?) if you have a room preference? Should I be looking into this and asking for anything in particular? I guess I would need to look at a CR thread about that...

This is actually the shortest distance from our home to Disney.

I can not imagine living within a few hours drive to WDW. How are you not there like every weekend lol.

They have WATERMELON MARGARITAS THERE Y'ALL!!

Yum!! That really sounds delish.

I know what you mean about the planning. I have a friend who took a Disney trip with her daughter and booked it really last minute and I was all "how did you have time to plan everything" and she was all "I just told a TR what kinds of things we like to do and they planned the whole thing!" I was floored!! I mean to NOT plan your OWN trip??? How could you even go lol

Okay I'm now here to follow along in the last stretch :P

We are doing CBR for the exact same reasons as you. We started out at CSR, but when the gift card offer came out we were wiling to switch. All the extra things you mentioned like characters and welcome gifts have me even more excited that we decided to do it.

Marie and I have also considered the ice cream social but yeah, for the price, it just doesn't seem worth it. I think next year we're considering doing Tony's? I don't love FoF enough to wait and since they did away with fastpasses it's even more that I don't see the point in waiting. I guess we'll see what happens. I don't let other people scare me away from things though. Probably because I'm a large holder of unpopular Disney opinions, so I don't trust others anyway.

This is me. Right now I'm just so down because I have nothing left to plan and unlike Marie, since I'm job searching I don't even have work to keep me busy. So it's like, I've got all this time left until the trip and practically nothing to fill it with. I am for sure already thinking about our next trip to keep me busy.

Also, I hope we run into each other at the party! And perhaps the PotC screening, cause we're hoping to get in on that as well.

Made it through yesterday at work. Got here later than I anticipated because I decided to bowl in a tournament in the morning. It's informal and just for fun, but I won $75 so that was a good reason to be late imo :)

My husband has an Art of Shaving appointment at noon on arrival day. We do that so he can look all clean and spiffy for the whole week. I am always so jealous at those treatments, so I decided to book myself a facial over at Saratoga at the same time. :cool1:

Now we'll both be looking fine :cool2:

Since I was late yesterday I have to stay a little later the next 3 days or come in early, but I don't care.

I have done NONE of my packing. So tonight, I am going to get on it.

I can't focus on ANYTHING. I've already left in my mind.

I'm confused about this - call me a total newbie since have only stayed in the bubble a couple of times - what is the purpose of online check-in? Is it only really needed to rush this on the "day" (is that 30 days out?) if you have a room preference? Should I be looking into this and asking for anything in particular? I guess I would need to look at a CR thread about that...

The online check in is just to check in and facilitate the ability to bypass the front desk. However, since you're Canadian you'll need to go to the front desk to get your bands unless you have bands from a previous stay that you'll be using and are active. Otherwise, I think check in is just for funsies.

I can not imagine living within a few hours drive to WDW. How are you not there like every weekend lol.

Because I am so busy I often can't go on the weekends, but the weekends I am not busy, I am usually there

I know what you mean about the planning. I have a friend who took a Disney trip with her daughter and booked it really last minute and I was all "how did you have time to plan everything" and she was all "I just told a TR what kinds of things we like to do and they planned the whole thing!" I was floored!! I mean to NOT plan your OWN trip??? How could you even go lol

I am so excited and sad right now.

Okay I'm now here to follow along in the last stretch :P

We are doing CBR for the exact same reasons as you. We started out at CSR, but when the gift card offer came out we were wiling to switch. All the extra things you mentioned like characters and welcome gifts have me even more excited that we decided to do it.

Marie and I have also considered the ice cream social but yeah, for the price, it just doesn't seem worth it. I think next year we're considering doing Tony's? I don't love FoF enough to wait and since they did away with fastpasses it's even more that I don't see the point in waiting. I guess we'll see what happens. I don't let other people scare me away from things though. Probably because I'm a large holder of unpopular Disney opinions, so I don't trust others anyway.

This is me. Right now I'm just so down because I have nothing left to plan and unlike Marie, since I'm job searching I don't even have work to keep me busy. So it's like, I've got all this time left until the trip and practically nothing to fill it with. I am for sure already thinking about our next trip to keep me busy.

Also, I hope we run into each other at the party! And perhaps the PotC screening, cause we're hoping to get in on that as well.

Just found out the POTC screening opens up tonight.

Congrats on the $75!

I am such a late packer - probably won't do anything until he day/evening before I leave. I mean, I think about what I'll pack so it is largely just putting things in a suitcase, but still

I do have stuff to prep though - might make some "Flatties" for people that can't go to the even but want to, and also if we do the "DISer badge" for people to have, I'll have to get those made

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter