WWYD-BLT LV Studio, BWV SV Studio or BCV Studio?

goldenears

DIS Veteran
I presented these options b/c they are what is likely to be avail. At my 7 month mark. So, assuming they are, which would you choose? This trip will just be me and DH celebrating our 10 year anniversary We will have 3 full days for park hopping and Food and Wine fun. We have stayed at BCV before, but have never stayed at BWV. Our most recent trip included a stay at BLT in a 2BR LV. We LOVED the convenient location (I.e., walking to MK and monorail to EP). BLT LV Studio would be 72 points. BWV Standard Studio would be 48 points. This is a pretty significant difference. We have the points, but is it worth spending them? Having had no experience at BWV in a standard view room, I am hoping some of my fellow DISers can help. :)

P.s. meant to take BCV out of title b/c it most likely won't be avail. Now I can't edit title.

I'm not sure what your exact dates are but if your going during the food and wine festival a BWV standard view studio may not be available ....we are going oct 24-28th and there are currently no studios of any kind open at BWV for all nights

I'm not sure what your exact dates are but if your going during the food and wine festival a BWV standard view studio may not be available ....we are going oct 24-28th and there are currently no studios of any kind open at BWV for all nights

I also doubt that any SV studios would be available at BWV at the 7 month mark, most likely you can get preferred view if you call exactly at 7 months. We really like the location of BWV for F&W. We are staying at BCV for F&W this year.

Bobbi:goodvibes

What dates are you looking for? Many nights at BWV are soldout in October, especially standard and boardwalk view.

We will be checking in Nov. 1st and checking out the 5th. This may be an easier decision than I thought ;).

If we were able to get any studio at BWV at our exact 7 month date, would you choose BWV over BLT and if yes, what would your reasoning be? TIA for your help!

We will be checking in Nov. 1st and checking out the 5th. This may be an easier decision than I thought ;).

Right now you are about 8 months out.

For those dates as of this moment,

Standard view studio is available 11/2, 11/3
Garden view studio is available all nights
Boardwalk view studio not available for any of those nights.

Right now you are about 8 months out.

For those dates as of this moment,

Standard view studio is available 11/2, 11/3
Garden view studio is available all nights
Boardwalk view studio not available for any of those nights.

Thanks for The info. Debbie! I am guessing that prefferred view is garden view?
Assuming this is still available at my 7 month mark, can anyone give me pros and cons about staying at BWV vs BLT?

Thanks for The info. Debbie! I am guessing that prefferred view is garden view?
Assuming this is still available at my 7 month mark, can anyone give me pros and cons about staying at BWV vs BLT?

The view could be Main pool, quiet pool or garden view. When we stay at BWV we usually request main Pool view and enjoy it.

....(snip).....Assuming this is still available at my 7 month mark, can anyone give me pros and cons about staying at BWV vs BLT?

IMO, the reason to select BWV is the Food & Wine Festival at EPCOT. If you plan to spend time at EPCOT, BWV is a 10-15 minute walk or as 20 minute boat ride away. VERY CONVENIENT! You'd need a lot more time than that to take the monorail to EPCOT from BLT (& keep in mind that you have to change monorails at the TTC, so be sure to add in wait time. It can take up to an hour to get there and it can be even longer for the return trip, since you will have to change monorails and then stop at the Poly, the GF & the MK before you get back to the CR).

Plus there are entertainment options on the Boardwalk. You & your DH may enjoy an evening at JellyRolls and there are so many excellent restaurants within walking distance. Don't forget that the Swan & Dolphin offer DVC members a 20% discount in just about every restaurant.

Congratulations on your upcoming anniversary.

Yes, your decision did just get easier. Getting a standard studio at BWV is not an easy thing to do. I just made my January 2013 BWV Standard studio reservation and there are days already booked up at the 11 month window for January (marathon weekend). Getting a standard studio at BWV during F&W requires the 11 month window. I've been waitlisting for Oct. 20-27 since the 10 1/2 month window and no glimmer of getting it when I check what's available. Your only hope would be for the BWV perferred view studio. This is one of the reasons we added on to the BWV! (Though, we also own at BLT to book standard rooms there too.) Good luck.

Also don't forget that once you get to Epot on the monorail you will have to walk through to back of the park! For me that makes BWV a no brainer if you can get it.

The view could be Main pool, quiet pool or garden view. When we stay at BWV we usually request main Pool view and enjoy it.

For a studio, it also includes Village Green, which is the lawn between the Villas and Inn on the boardwalk side. You get a partial boardwalk view.

Since you are going for the Food & Wine Festival, I would choose BWV or BCV. It's so nice to walk back and forth.

Unlike many here, I really prefer the BLT studio, love the kitchenette and the views, plus location. :lovestruc But if you and your DH really only plan on going to the Food and Wine, Epcot and possibly DHS, I would try for a villa at BWV. It's a new resort for you and a nice walk or boat ride to Epcot. We enjoyed walking over to Epcot during F&W during the weekday evenings to grab something to eat. It wasn't as much fun to me on the weekends because the crowds are so big. I'm not much on waiting in lines to eat. We found on the weekends we dined in restaurants instead often using an ADR or ate at the F&W kiosks earlier in the day before the evening crowds arrived.

IF (big IF) BWV is available when you can call, I would go for that one. Can't beat the proximity to EPCOT and DHS. If DH and I were going by ourselves for F&W (and we have gone by ourselves for F&W a couple times), we would be spending the majority of our time at EPCOT. LOVE being able to just walk over there! BUT... because of F&W, BWV and BCV are usually the first to book up.

Thank you all for your input! If BWV is available at our 7 month, which looks like it could be a long shot, it sounds like it would be a good place for DH and I to try. If preferred view is available, is there a specific request that I should make? I know one of the PPs said they like the main pool view.

I'm not sure if this has already been said, but...
1. There are fewer standard studios at BWV than garden. So, you have a much greater chance of getting a garden view.

2. If no studios are available when you're 7 months out, go ahead and make your reservation at BLT or wherever....AND WAITLIST AT BWV. Make sure to waitlist a garden studio, as again there are more of these.
A lot of times, people book at BWV when they really want BCV and when their waitlist at BCV comes through, they drop BWV...thereby opening up a reservation for you :-)

3. You must stay at BWV. There is more going on there than the other resorts you mentioned (at the boardwalk itself + Swan/Dolphin), plus it is very close to World Showcase for Food and Wine.

Good luck!

Thank you all for your input! If BWV is available at our 7 month, which looks like it could be a long shot, it sounds like it would be a good place for DH and I to try. If preferred view is available, is there a specific request that I should make? I know one of the PPs said they like the main pool view.

Many people who book a studio with pool/garden view at BWV ask for "Village Green." These rooms overlook the grassy area between the lobby and the boat dock. They have a partial BW view, can have some view of Illuminations and are close to the elevators.

I'm not sure if this has already been said, but...
1. There are fewer standard studios at BWV than garden. So, you have a much greater chance of getting a garden view.

2. If no studios are available when you're 7 months out, go ahead and make your reservation at BLT or wherever....AND WAITLIST AT BWV. Make sure to waitlist a garden studio, as again there are more of these.
A lot of times, people book at BWV when they really want BCV and when their waitlist at BCV comes through, they drop BWV...thereby opening up a reservation for you :-)

3. You must stay at BWV. There is more going on there than the other resorts you mentioned (at the boardwalk itself + Swan/Dolphin), plus it is very close to World Showcase for Food and Wine.

Good luck!

Thank you very much for your input. You are definitely convincing me to give BWV a try...especially since this is a trip for me and DH without kids. I have always wanted to try Jellyrolls and know the walk to World Showcase would be SUPER convenient.

Many people who book a studio with pool/garden view at BWV ask for "Village Green." These rooms overlook the grassy area between the lobby and the boat dock. They have a partial BW view, can have some view of Illuminations and are close to the elevators.

Thank you so much for this tip!

I actually changed from BCV to BLT for 2 nights this October. We have to change from a studio to a 2 bedroom (the 2 bedroom I kept at BCV) when the rest of the family arrives, so for those 2 nights I went with a LV BLT studio. DSis wants to see what a studio there looks like, so you never know. Some like me could want to change from BCV to BLT!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter