Would you think this was an RV?

The craftsmanship inside is georgeous...but it's still a garbage truck. They aren't made for highway speeds so it's top speed is probably something on the order of 45 MPH, maybe 50. That's the problem with city bus conversions, too. They have plenty of low speed torque, but very little top end speed.

The guy/firm that did this conversion should go into Prevost bus conversions. He/they could make a lot more $$'s because there is a bigger market. I know there is a customer out there for this kind of thing, but in my mind's eye, that was a waste, pardon the pun, of some really great work and design aesthetic.

It is not a conversion. I pretty sure they are part of the same company that makes the Unimog vehicles.

I must be missing something, I dont see why it keeps getting called a garbage truck ? Chassis mfg's make models that can be converted into just about any end use, your wallet just needs to be as big as your imagination and you can find a body company to build anything.

Scott

If you look at the first picture, it has those arms that look like a garbage truck...that is why I called it as such. I am SURE it has never seen a piece of garbage outside of one put in an actual garbage can Scott!;) Oh, I went to that website Shannone put up, I could NEVER EVER afford one..wow.

I think those bars are brush guards of sorts.
I could see myself in one of those once I enter my crazy wealthy, post lottery winner days....:thumbsup2

If I ever feel the need to camp in a war zone(the thing looks like a military vehicle) I might consider one...but even if I had bucks to burn...it doesnt do much for me...I want a JOURNEY ESCAPE logo on my first RV...so when I pull up at the mall, screaming 40 yr old women with big hair, wide belts, pink tank tops and legwarmers will bang on my door expecting Steve Perry to come out. When they see me, they will faint with disapointment, I'll be able to take all their shopping money out of their purses and purchase fuel to make it to the next mall....if all works out the way I have it planned...I shpould be able to make it all the way to the Fort and will only have to spend my own money on slurpees, beer and doritos.

If I ever feel the need to camp in a war zone(the thing looks like a military vehicle) I might consider one...but even if I had bucks to burn...it doesnt do much for me...I want a JOURNEY ESCAPE logo on my first RV...so when I pull up at the mall, screaming 40 yr old women with big hair, wide belts, pink tank tops and legwarmers will bang on my door expecting Steve Perry to come out. When they see me, they will faint with disapointment, I'll be able to take all their shopping money out of their purses and purchase fuel to make it to the next mall....if all works out the way I have it planned...I shpould be able to make it all the way to the Fort and will only have to spend my own money on slurpees, beer and doritos.

Tooo :lmao: funny Rog. But the truck alone is my style (all wheel drive lets sling some mud) You could take the RV part off of it and I would use to pull my Toy Hauler.

Where are the windows on the outside? The interior pics show windows but then the exterior windows don't? Am I missing something? :confused3

I think it's got a hi-lo thing going on. When it's down, the windows are covered, when it's up, the loft area opens up and the windows are exposed.

And I thought the sofa thing was the view towards one end of it, and the galley under the loft was looking towards the other end?

Interesting but weird...I love the galley drawers, but it needs some *girlish* personality! :rotfl:

Sue in Texas
...can you imagine the mileage it must get???? :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter