Would you switch to CC from BCV next week?

Personally, I'd stick with BCV. I stayed there last week and Storm-a-long Bay was absolutely perfect. If you and your husband are just interested in the hot tub, the Beach Club HOTEL pool (and the Villas pool) are still open and I never saw a single person there, so the hot tub was always free. I visited Wilderness Lodge once during my trip and the pools were busy at that time.

For the Rise of the resistance boarding group, even if you don't get the 7am pass, go and tap into Hollywood Studios anyway. As long as you tap in, it will let you try for the 2pm boarding group whether you're in the park or not. I personally got a 2pm boarding group assignment while floating in Storm-a-long Bay's lazy river.
Thank you so much!! I’m really confused on how to do the boarding group so I really need to look into that.

Wilderness Lodge at Christmas is so amazing. You are a short boat ride for additional dining options at the Grand Floridian and Contemporary Resort. If you are walkers and want to explore a new area since you have been at BC previously - don't forget you can now walk from the Contemporary, to Magic Kingdom, to Grand Floridian, to the Polynesian, to the transportation center. This is a dream for us. We can't wait!! (We are runners.) Also don't forget to explore the property at Wilderness. There is much to see and do that = holiday fun separate and apart from the Disney feel. Trail's End (fantastic prices) and Whispering Canyon are great places to eat. MT at Whispering Canyon is the best waitress ever. Artist Point has a Snow White and Dwarfs eating experience that is fun. (Don't know how this is working during pandemic though.) No matter what you choose you will have a great time. Merry Christmas.

Trails End is not open.

Artist Point is not open.

Last I heard, the only boat running from Wilderness Lodge was to Magic Kingdom. Perhaps that changed and I didn't catch it.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/dine/#drawer-card-resortDining

Depends on what you want for this vacation. CCV is beautiful and have that North-East Christmas feel. But you are kind of isolated. I would stick with BCV for the proximity to EPCOT and HS and the ability to walk to these parks. In times of Covid 19 this is not a luxury.

I can only say I was in a BCV 1 bed unit last Christmas and it was in no way worn down. Maybe the poster got unlucky?
Difficult choice. We love the location of BCV (in fact prefer BWV as a hotel) but Wilderness Lodge is gorgeous on an evening in particular at Christmas. I haven’t been lucky enough to stay at Christmas but we went over on the boat from Bay Lake last Christmas and it was lovely walking around it.

I would switch to CCV in a heartbeat-especially at this time of year. BCV is kind of “eh” for us though overall.

And a resort may be “worn,” but how much time are you going to spend searching for scuff marks?
Honestly, a lot more time now that you cannot park hop and parks have shortened hours. And many things are still closed. And it's COLD down here right now.

I typically roll my eyes at the folks complaining about a DVC room's condition. But...with dues going up 5-10% a year and price per point buy in also has rocketed since we bought (2006) where folks can't even buy big contracts....well, you want nice and notice the slacking on things.

Yeah, not having the bubble tub work at VGF was a downer (and our very last stay before Covid was a 3BR GV at Jambo and the jetted tub didn't work there either)....plus other things we've had not work TVs, Dryers, Dishwashers on top of the moldy showers and ripped stained sofas...and BLT with the drawer fronts coming off and the such. Just stinks.

But overall it's clean and comfortable in any DVC room. But you can tell when it's been several years since a refresh...and maybe even less time when they use cheap furnishings (which has been their way since BLT with exception of VGF).

At CCV, you are easily connected to all the monorail resorts for dining options. As of Dec. 5 when we were there, the boat did NOT run to the Contemporary - due to issues around COVID. However, it's very easy to hop on a boat to MK, then walk to the Contemporary Hotel OR walk to the Grand FLoridian on the brand new, utterly awesome new trail from MK to Grand Floridian. This walking trail connects the Contemporary, MK, Grand Floridian, and the Polynesian. Of course you can hop on the monorail at MK, but if the monorail is busy OR if you prefer more social distancing -- the ability to walk to all the different dining options in the monorail resorts is such a nice option. Also as of Dec 5, Artist Point-that-was (Snow White character restaurant now) was closed. However, ALL the restaurants at the Contemporary were open. Narcoosee's & Grand Floridian & the really cool new "Enchanted Rose" bar were among dining options at Grand Floridian that are open. Polynesian is very much under construction and we didn't visit it. Anyway, all that to say you have lots of excellent dining options easily accessible from CCV. Also you have a fantastic walking/running trail one short boat ride away (MK to Poly and back). It's worth checking to see if the beautiful trail from WL to Ft. Wilderness has reopened. It was closed Dec 2019 because of construction of Reflections Lodge, but may be reopened since construction is no longer taking place.

Was just at BCV and it's kinda worn...the rooms there. Didn't even get room until like 5:30. Betting the hot tubs will be loaded with kids due to the chilly weather. And they don't have jetted tubs (in 1/2BR villas). If doing a 1 or 2 BR, does CCV have jetted tubs? I am sooooo mad because we did split stay at VGF and then BCV. VGF was so lovely and I went and bought wine in the store...then filled the big tub....and turned on the mirror TV...and got in to find...the bubbles not working. BOO. Then we get to BCV and realize no jets in tub, just a soaker. I wanted to go get in the pool's hot tub but DH told me to wait until we got to the next place (a house we rented in Palm Coast that has hot tub and heated pool to itself). So I waited and we get her to find the spa/pool heater to be broken. I AM SO MAD!!!! And it's so chilly, I just want a nice hot soak.

I digress...but I love CCV (own there). Very fresh and new and cute. And pretty quiet there. If you do MK, it is a nice place to be away from the monorail hubub. We don't do MK and do Epcot a lot so we like BWV and BCV for that location. How many HS and Epcot days do you have planned? If not a lot, then BCV location isn't needed as much. Could you do a split stay....book CCV for MK and AK days and then BCV for HS and Epcot days?
BCV owner here. I too am beyond annoyed we didn't get bubblers in the tubs when they removed the big tubs. Made us feel like second class citizens. One of the reasons we bought DVC was the lovely big jacuzzi tub! I would have been ok with a bubbler, but now we have neither! A downgrade in my eyes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter