Would you switch to CC from BCV next week?

Thumper99

Mouseketeer
Well one of the effects of the virus is that people cancel their trips pretty easily now. We go next week and we’re originally booked at boardwalk but then Beach club came up so we are booked there now. However this morning tons of opportunities for next week popped. Now Copper Creek is available with a walk-in shower. We’ve never stayed at wilderness Lodge or even seen the Copper Creek. We’ve been to beach club a few times. We are looking to just do a relaxing pool/hot tub stay. And now I’m wondering if we should switch? What would be the advantage? It would be crazy to leave the beach club correct?

By the way anybody going to Disney next week BCV studios are available.

Well one of the effects of the virus is that people cancel their trips pretty easily now. We go next week and we’re originally booked at boardwalk but then Beach club came up so we are booked there now. However this morning tons of opportunities for next week popped. Now Copper Creek is available with a walk-in shower. We’ve never stayed at wilderness Lodge or even seen the Copper Creek. We’ve been to beach club a few times. We are looking to just do a relaxing pool/hot tub stay. And now I’m wondering if we should switch? What would be the advantage? It would be crazy to leave the beach club correct?

We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge before CC was built and liked it, although it wasn't one of our favorites.

IMO, a studio in CCV at holiday time is a rare find, even at 11 months. I would be all over that if I had the opportunity. The only negative would be the limited dining options available to me at this time. BCV wins on that one.

Was just at BCV and it's kinda worn...the rooms there. Didn't even get room until like 5:30. Betting the hot tubs will be loaded with kids due to the chilly weather. And they don't have jetted tubs (in 1/2BR villas). If doing a 1 or 2 BR, does CCV have jetted tubs? I am sooooo mad because we did split stay at VGF and then BCV. VGF was so lovely and I went and bought wine in the store...then filled the big tub....and turned on the mirror TV...and got in to find...the bubbles not working. BOO. Then we get to BCV and realize no jets in tub, just a soaker. I wanted to go get in the pool's hot tub but DH told me to wait until we got to the next place (a house we rented in Palm Coast that has hot tub and heated pool to itself). So I waited and we get her to find the spa/pool heater to be broken. I AM SO MAD!!!! And it's so chilly, I just want a nice hot soak.

I digress...but I love CCV (own there). Very fresh and new and cute. And pretty quiet there. If you do MK, it is a nice place to be away from the monorail hubub. We don't do MK and do Epcot a lot so we like BWV and BCV for that location. How many HS and Epcot days do you have planned? If not a lot, then BCV location isn't needed as much. Could you do a split stay....book CCV for MK and AK days and then BCV for HS and Epcot days?

I agree that the Wilderness Lodge is beautiful at Christmas, it really puts you in the mood. This resort also has a really nice pool area IMHO. On the down side you don't have as many dining options at WL as you would at BC. I guess you will have to weigh that against the theming of WL at Christmas. What ever you decide I hope you have a magical vacation! pixiedust:

I would never stay at CCV over BCV or BWV really if I had a choice.

I know some people are in love with it though. I even almost bought at CCV as well.

Ugh this is really hard!! Thank you everyone! I don’t like hearing that BCV is worn down. We were considering just doing HS since we haven’t been since the GE area so we have a park reservation for one day but if we don’t get a boarding pass at 7 am I think we will cancel and not go into park that day. So only a pool vacation.
My hubby likes to take a run and I think WL won’t have a good running path will it? He needs a relaxing vacation and he just wants a place to run and working hot tub!!

Ugh this is really hard!! Thank you everyone! I don’t like hearing that BCV is worn down. We were considering just doing HS since we haven’t been since the GE area so we have a park reservation for one day but if we don’t get a boarding pass at 7 am I think we will cancel and not go into park that day. So only a pool vacation.
My hubby likes to take a run and I think WL won’t have a good running path will it? He needs a relaxing vacation and he just wants a place to run and working hot tub!!
You can't beat SAB. And for no park trip, there is plenty of dining around (though Boardwalk is a complete ghost town until 4pm when Abracadabar and Trattoria open...Trattoria also does breakfast, I think but afternoons there is nothing there open). BC/YC has Hurricane Hanna's, Beaches and Cream, Ale and Compass...Ale and Compass lounge, MArtha's Vineyard Lounge and the market counter service stuff. The room was okay. Shower door hung down and had to force closed. There were rips on the sofa. Caulk in shower was a bit moldy or stained. That kinda stuff. But found everything in working order. TVs, W/D, coffee maker, fridge. Did not use the dishwasher. Internet was kinda crappy, as DH was trying to work and had to use his hot spot thing.

Found this about running paths...(and Wilderness Lodge does have something) And what's open there...Whispering Canyon and Geyser Point and Roaring Fork CS???

https://allears.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/Wilderness-Lodge-Running-Trail-runDisney.jpg

Eh its likely not going to be anything crazy. Take a look at these walk throughs in the last couple months. Likely its still going to be a nice room in the end.

I've been playing reservation musical chairs with all the cancellations as well. As someone else suggested, a split stay might be in order! We got two nights at BRV (arrival and MK days) and then three nights at BWV (Epcot, HS, AK days). You could do something similar with CCV/BCV.

If a resort is beautifully decorated for Xmas, that’s nice. But how much of your vacation are you going to spend standing in the lobby looking at the Christmas tree?

And a resort may be “worn,” but how much time are you going to spend searching for scuff marks?

I did not like CCV. I like being able to walk to other resorts for a meal or a snack, which you can do from BCV.

We enjoyed Cooper Creek and the Wilderness Lodge christmas decor is absolutely incredible. If you are just into relaxing with no park interaction, it is a good location. The small seating areas around the upper floors are very nice for reading, distance working and game playing. These areas are largely ignored as most people are running for the parks. It is isolated, similar to Animal Kingdom.

We like to enjoy BC when we are doing parks. 90% of the boardwalk area is closed so it is just a walk thru. In March we're planning a relaxing vacation without park interaction and some enjoyment of Disney Springs so we're staying at the Jambo Animal Kingdom.

Thank you all for your replies and advice!! My hubby chose BCV since he’s sure he can run around the boardwalk. And I’d like to see the gondolas. Can we ride those to a nice place to eat? Are they scary if you’re not a fan of heights?😳 I’m off to research that!!

I would go to CCV for the xmas decorations.

Yup which is very easy to do with taking a nice relaxing boat ride in the afternoon, seeing the resort, and then taking a bus to Hollywood Studios for a Skyliner ride back possibly stopping off at Riviera to take a gander on the way.

Thank you all for your replies and advice!! My hubby chose BCV since he’s sure he can run around the boardwalk. And I’d like to see the gondolas. Can we ride those to a nice place to eat? Are they scary if you’re not a fan of heights?😳 I’m off to research that!!

They are "high" but they don't seem that high because they are fairly enclosed just make sure you ask for a gondola with a "wrap" (the colorful stickers on the window) and you likely won't notice. (I will say I am not scared of heights but I have read and heard others talk about it when they first launched)

You can head to Riviera (first stop) and hit up Topolinos for dinner. There have been some good reviews on the restaurant for dinner. There are some that are not as big of fans but it typically comes down to what you order (like most restaurants at Disney) so you could check those reviews and video reviews on YouTube out.

Wilderness Lodge at Christmas is so amazing. You are a short boat ride for additional dining options at the Grand Floridian and Contemporary Resort. If you are walkers and want to explore a new area since you have been at BC previously - don't forget you can now walk from the Contemporary, to Magic Kingdom, to Grand Floridian, to the Polynesian, to the transportation center. This is a dream for us. We can't wait!! (We are runners.) Also don't forget to explore the property at Wilderness. There is much to see and do that = holiday fun separate and apart from the Disney feel. Trail's End (fantastic prices) and Whispering Canyon are great places to eat. MT at Whispering Canyon is the best waitress ever. Artist Point has a Snow White and Dwarfs eating experience that is fun. (Don't know how this is working during pandemic though.) No matter what you choose you will have a great time. Merry Christmas.

Personally, I'd stick with BCV. I stayed there last week and Storm-a-long Bay was absolutely perfect. If you and your husband are just interested in the hot tub, the Beach Club HOTEL pool (and the Villas pool) are still open and I never saw a single person there, so the hot tub was always free. I visited Wilderness Lodge once during my trip and the pools were busy at that time.

For the Rise of the resistance boarding group, even if you don't get the 7am pass, go and tap into Hollywood Studios anyway. As long as you tap in, it will let you try for the 2pm boarding group whether you're in the park or not. I personally got a 2pm boarding group assignment while floating in Storm-a-long Bay's lazy river.

We were just at BCV in October and it wasn't run down at all. Our one bedroom villa was really nice. I'd say there might be a tendency for RIV or CC to look run down more quickly since they are the more popular rentals now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter