Would there be interest?

patchchild

Mouseketeer<br><font color=deeppink>Shorties of th
Another board I spend time on often does reverse swaps and I was wondering if there's any interest in such a thing here.

The basics.

Everyone interested posts their "packages" to the list. For example...
#1 lots of 12x12 zoo themed paper and embellishments
#2 set of 6 wood mounted stamps with greetings on them
#3 8 stamp pads, used but in great condition

Then, once the posting deadline has arrived, everyone sends in their wish lists and says how many swaps they would be interested in. I might love NEE's #4 and BAMB's #2. The swap organizer then collects everyone's wish list and does their best to give people as many of their first choices as possible. It's not a direct back and forth swap. Just because I got NEE's #4 does not mean that she'll be getting one of my packages. We would each end up sending out as many as we received though.

You can post as many packages as you want but I'd limit the number of swaps for my own matching sanity. The last swap I participated in I posted about 12 packages and requested to be in three swaps. Gives people lots of choices and makes it much more likely that everyone will get picked at least once.

Does that make sense? Would there be any interest?

Ok, sounds curious, but I think my dyslexia is getting in the way and I am just not understanding!!!! Can you please explain again??? I feel stupid...

I am wondering if a Pass It Forward swap might be easier to start with. In a Pass It forward one person lists something they have but don't need (it should be in good condition). Then the next person claims it and they offer something up for others to take. Usually it ends after a set amount of time or items being sent. At the end each person gets the address of the person there things are being sent to and mails them out. If no one claims an item after a set amount of time then the person who claimed the previous item changes their offer and backs out of the offer.

Rebecca

Considering I was organizing stickers last night and going "I'm never going to use half these" I'm all for unloading some of my stuff. They're 95% CM stickers from a while ago that I got because I bought EVERYTHING back in the day!

I like the idea of a pass it forward swap - I've got rubber stamps I got in a grab bag I doubt I'll use, and embossing powder (don't ask - even though the toaster was more successful than the hairdryer:rotfl2: )

This is interesting. I'd be willing to participate as well. I have SO many books of paper that I bought at the blowout Hot off the Press year end sales. Plus some punches that I won't ever use. Tons of stickers etc. I just swap I don't seem to scrap..lol..

Your description of a Pass it Forward swap seems to match my idea of a reverse swap, so we all seem to be thinking in the same direction. Basically, an opportunity to trade what you know you won't use for what someone else won't use. One man's trash...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter