Would A Veteran Be Willing To Host A Full Page Character Swap 12x12

laurafaith

Mouseketeer
Hi Ladies -- As I Have Explained In Other Posts Im A Consultant With Ctmh And We Do Full Page Swaps All The Time -- Both 6x6 And 12x12. Heres How It Works U Make The Amount Of Pages For The Swap -- Send Into Hostess In Individual Bags (to Prevent Damage) Include A Flat Rate/priority Stamp (8.95) And A Return Address Label. Hostess Swaps Them Out And Sends Back In A Flat Rate/priority Box. U May Get These At Your Post Office Or I Order Mine Online At Usps.com (also Free) And Then You Get Your Pages Back And Just Slap In The Pictures!! Here Is What I Was Thinking -- If Someone Would Be Willing To Host!!

Rules --
Due Date -- Whenever Hostess Decides
Include 2-3 Photo Mats
Include One Place For Journaling
U "decorate Your Pages" With Whatever U Want, Stamps, Embelleshments -- Etc...

I Scrap Both 6x6 And 12x12 -- So Hostess May Decide What Size She Would Like To Do -- Also If We Want To Do Single Pages (1 12x12 Or Double 12x12 Pages) I Know Someone Said Postage Was Expensive -- U Can Ship 6x6 Full Pages In A Priority Envelope (4.60 Flat Rate)

So The Rounds Could Be...

Round 1
Pooh And Friends
1 - Pooh
2 - Eeyore
3 - Tigger
4 - Piglet
5 - Swappers Choice

Round 2
1 - Mickey
2 - Minnie
3 - Donald
4 - Goofy
5 - Swappers Choice

We Could Do Both 6x6 And 12x12 -- Id Be Willing To Take Spots In All Rounds -- But People Have Expressed They Want To Know The Person Who Hosts (which I Understand Have Been Burned On My Ctmh Bb's)

So Would Anyone Be Interested In This One -- Or Want To Host???

If BAMB doesn't have room/time, I'd be willing to do hostess in the Summer. I've got one I'm doing coming up soon and don't want to have another one too close to it.

We made 12x12 pages for a Stampin'Up club. Some of them were very nice. Some I won't probably ever use as they are just not my style. Most of them were just topper & background filler of stamps. Not many had mats & journaling boxes.

Doing one for Disney would be pretty cool. Just plug in your photos, add some journaling and your done.

Would you mind posting a photo of one that is done to the rules? I'd love to see your work.

Hope you didn't feel slighted on the other thread. I know that everyone is quite jumpy after one of the very expensive to make swaps disappeared with the hostess who was new.
We :love: newbies. We were all a newbie at first. :thumbsup2

I would also be willing to host this at any point coming up. I don't have anything on my agenda right now in terms of swaps and I could surely use some character pages for my 9,000 character pics.

I would recommend keeping the groups to no more than 5. I did a 10 person full page swap and it was way too much work and expense. I just did a 5 person 2-page layout swap and that was great and much more manageable.

Also, we mailed two ways. One was to keep the priority rate boxes flat and tape up the ends. The other was to assemble the boxes and put the pages in with a little curve in them. They don't get damaged but they don't lie flat either.

TPC -- that sounds great if u will host!! do u want to do 12x12 singles or double? or 6x6? let me know i will join in as many rounds as u want i have a ton of pics!!

** i would post a photo -- but i have no idea how to - lol!!!
u just make the page as if u would for yourself -- ie photo mats, embellshments etc...then others just add thier photos!!

If you have a pic you can email me, I could post it for you. I think it would be helpful for people to see what a completed page looks like. I can PM my email addy to you if that will work.

I'm not sure on the size thing or the layouts. Honestly, I ONLY scrap two-page layouts and I've never done a 6x6. My fear for a character swap is that a 2-page layout would be too big for one character but I'm not sure *I* personally would use 1-page layouts next to each other that didn't match. Also we might want to do groups for each size and limit them to 5. That way someone could potentially use the small ones for an autograph album or something like that.

Usually, when we are trying out a new swap, we post a gathering interest thread. I can certainly do that and see if there is even enough of an interest in trying this idea. It will also help us to figure out how the groups should be set up.

What are your thoughts?

hi there!!

ok great -- if u want to make a post and see if there is enough interest that is prob a good first step -- i can totally take some pic of past swap stuff that we have done in CTMH and email them to u tommorrow -- just let me know where to send them. i would set up 4 rounds and structure them like this....

round 1 - (pooh and friends) 2 page 12x12
1 - tigger
2 - pooh
3 - piglet
4 - eegore
5 - swappers choice

round 2 - (mickey and friends) 2 page 12x12
1 - mickey
2 - minnie
3 - donald
4 - goofy
5 - swappers choice

** if interst do same rounds in 6x6 form for autograph books ... etc

also pardon me i have no girls -- lol -- :rotfl: u may want to do round 3 and 6 princess's

i would take a round in 1 and 2 12x12 and in the 6x6 -- so lets just see if we get more interest!!

I have to say that a 2 page layout of one character is FAR too much for my books. I don't have kids so I usually do one 2 page layout of just character pictures

you could do a partners 2 page 12x12 layout like Mickey and Minnie, Daisy and Donald, Chip and Dale, one page for each character.

and then use the same names for a 1 character 2 page 6x6.

Shauna I would post a new thread for interest.

And thanks for stepping up as hostess, DH is home for the next month so my scrapping/swapping is severely limited plus right now the kids are all really really sick so I am in full on mommy mode.

This sounds like it could be fun!

hi there!!

ok great -- if u want to make a post and see if there is enough interest that is prob a good first step -- i can totally take some pic of past swap stuff that we have done in CTMH and email them to u tommorrow -- just let me know where to send them. i would set up 4 rounds and structure them like this....

round 1 - (pooh and friends) 2 page 12x12
1 - tigger
2 - pooh
3 - piglet
4 - eegore
5 - swappers choice

round 2 - (mickey and friends) 2 page 12x12
1 - mickey
2 - minnie
3 - donald
4 - goofy
5 - swappers choice

** if interst do same rounds in 6x6 form for autograph books ... etc

also pardon me i have no girls -- lol -- :rotfl: u may want to do round 3 and 6 princess's

i would take a round in 1 and 2 12x12 and in the 6x6 -- so lets just see if we get more interest!!

That breakdown looks pretty good. I'll use it as a basis for set-up for the interest thread. I'll PM you my email addy so you can send the pics. Seeing the tangible items might help someone who is more visual. :thumbsup2

I have to say that a 2 page layout of one character is FAR too much for my books. I don't have kids so I usually do one 2 page layout of just character pictures

I agree. I don't have kids either and I pretty much only get character pics of Stitch, Mary Poppins, Ariel (all my faves) and whatever I get at character meals.

you could do a partners 2 page 12x12 layout like Mickey and Minnie, Daisy and Donald, Chip and Dale, one page for each character.

and then use the same names for a 1 character 2 page 6x6.

Shauna I would post a new thread for interest.

And thanks for stepping up as hostess, DH is home for the next month so my scrapping/swapping is severely limited plus right now the kids are all really really sick so I am in full on mommy mode.

This sounds like it could be fun!

I LOVE the idea of making the layouts PARTNER 2 page 12x12 layouts. I'm going to post the new thread. Happy to host. Some finished character pages will help both of my Disney books along right now. I'm thinking making multiple Disney pages will be much easier for me that the other completed page swaps I've done.

I sent you a PM w/ my email.. I can post photos for you..

off to pick up a kindergartner and will be back shortly...

Laura - I PMd my addy to you. I was posting while half asleep last night so of course forgot to send it yesterday. You should have it now.

There could also be more group type pages. Say, Pooh and friends, villans, princesses, toy story, etc. There are some characters that would be good for about groups of 2 (mickey and minnie) that most people get a few pictures of, and others that we could maybe get 4 characters on a 2 page spread.

I just posted on the Interest thread with some info about groups. I'm going to try to incorporate an idea for those that need fewer pages for more characters. Check it out and LMK what you think! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter