WORST DISNEY DINING EXPERIENCE

The first two that come to mind for me are 50's Prime Time Cafe and Chef Mickeys. Last time DW and I went, both were very dirty. The food wasn't terrible, but for what you pay at Chef Mickeys I would expect the food to be better quality. The food at 50's Prime Time Cafe looked like microwave dinners that had been plated.

The food court at All Stars Sports... Granted the last time I stayed there was 10 years ago, but it still sticks with be.

Tony's Town Square would be my absolute worst. The sauce was beyond bland. To say that this is not even Olive Garden level is the ultimate embarrassment because Olive Garden is awful itself. They don't really need anything else to fix the place... Just hire someone who knows real Italian food.

Last edited:
We ate at 50's Primetime Cafe and I got the chicken pot pie. The chicken had bones in it! We told both the waiter who laughed and the chef who could care less. I wrote in and we received a $130 dining giftcard/credit for a future visit at any Disney owned dining location.

I've had pretty good experiences for the most part. Worst was finding a hair in my pizza at The Mara. They quickly made a fresh one for me, but I wasn't too enthusiastic to eat much more at that meal.

We've never really had bad service, but the worst food we've had was at Mama Melrose's. It was just kind of bland and uninspired. I was really underwhelmed. The Caesar salad was good though.

On our last trip, we ate at the Skipper's Canteen for the first time. I had read the reviews and knew it had some problems, but I always like to try places out at least once. Well...we won't be going back. The service was horrible. Not just to us but we witnessed it with other families as well. One family was waiting for their table (they had reservations) for over an hour. Not only did we wait over 30 minutes for our table (we too had reservations) the meal was mediocre at best and service was lacking at the tables even after we told them we were now in a bit of a hurry because of the seating delay. The restaurant itself is very nicely decorated and I love the theme but unfortunately that was it.

This might not be a popular response, but Grand Floridian Cafe. Incredibly rude waitress, mediocre food (at best), and absolutely boring atmosphere.

Totally agree. They are often WAY behind on seating you at your ADR time, the service is unbearably slow and the food is usually not too good - in my experience it seems like it might have been good at one time but had been sitting under a heat lamp for an extended period. This was the first place we ate the night of our very first trip and it almost turned me against WDW entirely. We've since been back three times (not my choice), and the experience was not much better.

1900 Park Fare was by far the worst meal and service of my trip. My daughter's excitement meeting Prince Charming was the only thing that made going worth it.

I try to be a positive person, but two bad experiences on recent trips.

Kona Cafe: The timing was just WAY, WAY off. Seated. Wait about five minutes for a server. Order drinks. Wait a bit more, server comes back says drinks will be a few minutes. Order appetizers and entrees. Wait quite a while. Appetizers come. Finally drinks come. Entrees come two minutes later --- literally we weren't even two bites into our appetizers. Oh wait, those aren't ours. Have a long discussion with the food runner to try to convince him that that these weren't our entrees. ("No, sorry. We had two sustainable fishes, a lamb, and a duck --- you clearly have three steaks."/"But this is the table number on the ticket"./"There are four of us. None of us ordered steak."/ "Are you sure?") Which only gets solved in the end because another food runner comes up with our actual entrees and finally convinced runner number one that we didn't order seven entrees for four people. The food was fine -- not as good as I've had in times past, but the service was just all over the place. We had been hoping to stay for dessert and coffee, but instead decided on dole whips and after dinner drinks at the tiki terrace.

1900 Park Fare (Breakfast): Started off well --- didn't have to wait long to be seated, table was in a nice location. We sit. And wait. And wait. And wait. After 15 minutes when I'm seriously contemplating going to ask the gentleman who appears to be a manager if he could find our server, a server stops by and says she'll be right back. Comes back five minutes later with water and POG juice. Asks about coffee --- we all want, but tell her we need more mugs. More waiting...we finally all go the buffet. Server is back --- Brings coffee --- no mugs. We remind her. She disappears for long enough that I liberate mugs from a nearby table (probably not cool - but at this point we've been seated over half an hour and REALLY want coffee). Food was meh for me -- but it's a breakfast buffet, what can you do - most things were passable but the "lobster" eggs benedict were disappointing (and I knew that it was only a "lobster sauce", if the DIS hadn't warned me in advance, I would have been annoyed). At one point in meal ask for more coffee --- the server gave a bit of an attitude (maybe she was mad about the previous mug pilfering although she never did bring more mugs so I'm kind of guessing she had entirely forgotten) and took 17 minutes to bring another carafe (yes, by this point I was timing everything). Finally done eating --- ask for the check. 22 minutes to get it. Breakfast took FOREVER and not in a good way. My family enjoyed the character interactions --- but since that's not a draw for me, if I had my way I would NEVER, NEVER go back.

It's Disney, I expect all the dining to be a little over-priced and mass-produced, that's the nature of the beast, but those two were real standouts. Luckily, far more of my Disney dining experiences have been stand outs in the good way. Brunch this weekend at Narcoosees --- fingers crossed.

1900 Park Fare was by far the worst meal and service of my trip. My daughter's excitement meeting Prince Charming was the only thing that made going worth it.
I was wondering when you were there? We are going in October for dinner and you have me re thinking it. I have only been for breakfast a few years ago and it was really good.

Our first dining experience ever at WDW was at Planet Hollywood's back when it was Downtown Disney. We were expecting Disney magic but what we got was a music level so loud we literally could not hear one another speak. The food was good and decor was fun but the fact that we couldn't discuss it ruined it for me.
That is why I avoid Planet Hollywood and Rainforest Café. Mediocre food and it is just too loud. I did go to Rainforest in Nashville a few months ago but only because my grandson asked me to take him. I have to say they were amazing with dealing with food allergies.

I was wondering when you were there? We are going in October for dinner and you have me re thinking it. I have only been for breakfast a few years ago and it was really good.

I was there Thursday night. Like the poster after me it took over 20 minutes to get drinks and this was after being seated 30 minutes past our reservation time.

Honest question has anyone had a really fantastic experience at Hollywood and Vine? At best I find people tolerate it. They had some sort of chilled mussel entree last time I was there (as part of a Fantasmic dinner package) and it is easily one of the worst entrees I have ever had.

But I also ate at Tony's about five or six years ago and adored it, so my opinion is probably worth nothing about this stuff.

I can't say I have ever had a memorably bad service experience at WDW, however.

Last edited:
"But this is the table number on the ticket"./"There are four of us. None of us ordered steak."/ "Are you sure?") Which only gets solved in the end because another food runner comes up with our actual entrees and finally convinced runner number one that we didn't order seven entrees for four people.

I think it's sadly funny that the food runner was trying to convince you that you were wrong about what you'd ordered-"Maybe you just THOUGHT you'd ordered that, but you really said 'steak'".

I try to write off/forget any minor issue with most character dining, especially if the food was really good, based on it being a "magical" experience for my kids.

So my worst places are Wolfgang Puck's and Bongo's- just awful food and service at both. Honestly, I have never had a decent meal at Disney Springs-still getting used to calling it that- just going on the last few decades or so (can't really speak for when it was the Village)!

Last edited:
I have eaten dinner at both Rainforest Cafes in DW, the one at Animal Kingdom and the one in Disney Springs, and they both get 5 stars. Service was quick and courteous (and efficient!), they took the time to answer our questions about the food, and it was clean. Food was great! So if you're looking for a good place to go, try one of these cafes.

My very,very worst was in Disneyland at Cafe Orleans. 45 minute wait with an ADR, slow, rude service and mediocre food.
In WDW we will never eat at Hollywood & Vine, Cosmic Rays or Earl of Sandwich again.

Pepper Market at CSR...used to be good years ago, last trip it was horrible. A member of our party became so ill he could not fly home with us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter