WORST DISNEY DINING EXPERIENCE

The absolute worst - Tony's Town Square. Remember in Ratatouille when Ego eats Remy's dish and is transported back to his childhood? Well it was the same with Tony's for me. First taste of their red sauce and I had a childhood flashback to eating Spaghetti-O's. Yes, that bad.

Runner up - Ohana. The waiter gave me four pieces of chicken from a skewer. One was burnt beyond recognition, one was chewy and fatty, one was burnt yet managed to retain its chewiness, and the last one looked like a gall bladder. If not for the bread pudding being good this meal would have initiated a call to the FDA

:rotfl: :rotfl2:

For me, not even close, ESPN. Food is bad, the service is far and away the worst I have ever had. It used to be good. Last time there I sat with an empty drink for over an hour.

It doesn't fit the Boardwalk vibe at all. Shut it down.

The absolute worst - Tony's Town Square. Remember in Ratatouille when Ego eats Remy's dish and is transported back to his childhood? Well it was the same with Tony's for me. First taste of their red sauce and I had a childhood flashback to eating Spaghetti-O's. Yes, that bad.

:rotfl2::lmao:

Tony's and Hollywood & Vine have got to be the definitive worst two dining place on property.

It doesn't fit the Boardwalk vibe at all. Shut it down.
Aww...we had a fantastic meal there last year. We didn't have ADR's anywhere, and were staying at BWV. Had just finished at the pool and wanted to eat something and figured shot-in-the-dark. The service was fabulous! The greeters were all over us like they'd been waiting for us all day and our waitress was spot on. Food was typical bar food but very good and the prices were decent. I loved being able to just walk up to a place and be seated too. We don't even like sports and we'll definitely keep this one on our go-to list.

Okay, slightly off topic but want to get your opinion. I just realized the day we plan to spend at Hollywood Studies is the same day we have Chef Mickey dinner reservations. Considering the majority of this forum has indicated that a lot of the HS restaurants are a no-go (50's, Vine, Mama Mel) I am worried we will have an entire days worth of bad food, lol. We are stuck with CM for DD sake, so does anyone have any suggestions for HS that would be good (so we don't go to CM starved and end up possibly being disappointed)

I know it may come as a shock, but for us it was Morimoto Asia!

We ate dinner one night in the bar and from the word "go" it was a bad experience. For starters the place is so dark we needed to use the light on our cellphones to see the menus. Next our server...I guess you could call her that...couldn't have been more disinterested in taking care of us. We barely saw her and when we did she seemed put out to speak with us at all. Next our meals...my wife orders a specialty lobster entree that once it showed up was so indecipherable in what it was she was literally confused on even how to begin eating it! The set our table with one fork each...that's it! Her meal was this deep fried miasma of confusion and she had to beg our server for a second fork or knife to try to consume it! My entree...which was simply the filet...didn't show up at the table for another 25 minutes! I clocked it! And that was rubbery and bland.

After all the hype and talk we were so excited to finally try this place...it's the only place we can say we will never set foot in again!

Many years ago we did Chef Mickeys twice when our DD was little, the food was awful and the place was a mad house. I have considered going to breakfast there when we stay at CR just for nostalgia but now that I'm reading this thread I'm remembering just how bad it was. Also we have never been back to Ohana, we sat way in the back area so the service wasn't good and my DH thought the endless meats were like shoe leather. He is not fussy at all but when we left he said please never make an ADR there again. I will admit the bread pudding was delicious, I should go get a tropical drink and order bread pudding at the bar some day.

I know it may come as a shock, but for us it was Morimoto Asia!
We didn't have a great experience there either. I was really surprised. We can get MUCH better sushi locally, and for lower cost. Definitely won't return there... wasted the time going all the way to Disney Springs!

Still nowhere near as bad as Tony's or Ohana dinner for us though!!!!

'Ohana- a young child kept hitting me every time she ran by our table during the parade, the salad was drowning in dressing, and the meats and vegetables were all beyond overcooked, meat shouldn't be treated like that, it deserved better. We asked our waiter multiple times for something ediblem but all they kept bringing was overcooked shoe leather, never again!

'Ohana- a young child kept hitting me every time she ran by our table during the parade, the salad was drowning in dressing, and the meats and vegetables were all beyond overcooked, meat shouldn't be treated like that, it deserved better. We asked our waiter multiple times for something ediblem but all they kept bringing was overcooked shoe leather, never again!
:rotfl: :thumbsup2

Worst food: Hollywood and Vine and we paid an arm and a leg for the Star Wars dinner. We had eaten there before and we not impressed, but gave it a try bc the Star Wars thing and it was HORRIBLE!

Worst service: Coral Reef. Waited even with an ADR, then our server treated us like teenagers. We were in our early 30's at the time with the best behaved 4 year old on the planet (I can say that since our 2nd daughter is not at all well behaved!). He was insanely rude, never checked on us and basically threw the check on our table. I will never step foot in that place again and that was 8 years ago!

Whispering Canyon Cafe - 2009

We had lunch here...it was the first time dining here. The decorations in the resort were worth seeing, but this was our absolute worst dining experience in all of our Disney dining experiences.

The service was AWFUL!!! It took 15 minutes for our waitress to come to the table and get a drink order. It took another 20 minutes to get that tea on our table. Anytime we needed refills, it took 10 - 15 minutes each time. I am not exaggerating.

We ordered 1 skillet, 1 pulled pork sandwich, Kids mac & cheese and 1 chicken sandwich. None of us were real crazy about the food. The cornbread in the skillet was good, however. My sister enjoyed the skillet, but said all of the meats taste pretty close to the same. Chicken and beef were interchangeable I guess.

We spent a total of 2.75 hours in this restaurant AFTER being seated while we waited and waited and waited for drinks, appetizers, dessert and dinner.

Our server was not attentive at all and her attitude kind of stunk. I am not talking about the play attitude that comes with the restaurant, I mean she had a real attitude. She went overboard with the "acting". Almost like she was able to take out her real attitude and aggression for life by way of her job.

At one point, she sat at the table across from us chatting with those people for more than 15 minutes. We were waiting on refills and our food. Might explain why the food was just barely warm.

Fast forward to 2011

We tried an early dinner here again because we were traveling with a carnivore. Same deal..... the food was just okay. The place was very, very loud and the service was lousy.
We felt it was very, very overpriced for what it was.

Fast forward to 2012

We were staying at the WL and my sister wanted to have breakfast before we went to the park. Our waitress was about 15 months pregnant and we thought she would give birth at our table. She was as sweet as can be, but the service was terrible. I felt compassion for her working like she was so I tipped her about 40%, but she did not earn more than about $2 of it. The food was just okay, the gravy looked like vomit, the eggs tasted like a cardboard carton and the bacon could have used more time in the oven or on the griddle.

We are done with Whispering Canyon Cafe and we will never go back. Not even if it is a free meal.
And to add to that.....every single time we dined here I ended up with an episode of reflux. ICK!!!

Okay, slightly off topic but want to get your opinion. I just realized the day we plan to spend at Hollywood Studies is the same day we have Chef Mickey dinner reservations. Considering the majority of this forum has indicated that a lot of the HS restaurants are a no-go (50's, Vine, Mama Mel) I am worried we will have an entire days worth of bad food, lol. We are stuck with CM for DD sake, so does anyone have any suggestions for HS that would be good (so we don't go to CM starved and end up possibly being disappointed)

Don't use this thread as a dining guide! For every horrible experience there are dozens of good ones. We particularly enjoy 50s prime time.

Coral Reef 2007

We arrived at 5:15 and were finally sat at 6:15. A family waiting in there with us that had 5 kids all under the age of 6ish screaming and crying. (two sets of tins) I felt bad for the kids, but felt equally bad for the guests. Their kids were tired and miserable. My guess is that their nap was neglected.

After we were sat it took our waiter 20 - 25 minutes to come and take our drink order. After 10 more minutes we received our tea and placed our appetizer order. He also asked for our entree and dessert order at the same time. This was not an option; he said he would not take our order unless we gave it all at once.

Our appetizers came out about 10 minutes later and then our entrees only 5 minutes after that. For an appetizer I ordered the sea and land. The meat was very tough and impossible to eat. My sister ordered the ceasar salad. She said that the ceasar dressing was very fishy and she was unable to eat it.

My daughter ordered a kids pizza which came with a complimentary hair on it. :crazy2::crazy2::crazy2: Once she found that, her appetite was ruined, as was mine. We alerted the waiter...he rolled his eyes, took her plate and offered her nothing else. Boom. Done deal from his perspective. I do not know how he missed it. It was very thick and black, about 3 inches long on a cheese pizza.

Our server was not good. He was from another country; his accent was VERY VERY thick and he was impossible to understand.
He was also very slow and it was impossible to get a refill of tea. He also seemed irritated when we wanted a refill.

We have been back twice since. In 2013 our service and food was just mediocre.
In 2016, my sister and I went for dinner and the meal was quite enjoyable and our service was fabulous. (I contribute the change to guest feedback)

I think we sometimes exaggerate on here!! It depends how high your bar is. If one is a bit of a foodie and very particular, maybe only Brown Derby will be deemed acceptable in DHS. But I think there are good meals to be had at some other restaurants in DHS... just not as good on the whole as other parks.

For us...
  • Hollywood Brown Derby is really good -- I believe pretty consistently gets solid reviews.
  • We also like 50's Prime Time -- plenty of good comfort food dishes, I think.
  • We do Sci-Fi for the atmosphere, and the food has improved some over time -- not AMAZING, but several totally decent dishes. :)
  • We DO NOT do Mama Melrose or H&V anymore. Nope. Done. ;)

Rose and Crown, May 2016

Dinner started off just fine: we got our beers and appetizers and then ordered our entrees. After that, we didn't see our waiter for 20 minutes. In fact, no other servers could find him either. I finally got up and walked around to see if I could find him. He's hanging out at the bar with some of his mates! He's having a jolly good time laughing and talking!

I promptly grab the manager. She literally said, "I see you have your food, what else do you need?" I told her we'd like another beer. She brings us our beer order. Our waiter is STILL at the bar chit-chatting. I ask her if that is standard policy to allow waitstaff to hang out at the bar while he has tables.

She replies (no joke!): "Well, what do you expect? He can have fun with his mates while on break. Besides, you have everything you need for your meal now." And WALKED AWAY before I could reply. ON BREAK?!?!?! He has tables to wait on!!!

Needless to say, that was one of the few times I left ZERO tip! I also called guest services, who told me they'd take care of our bill, which they did. :)

On the bright side, the food and beer were EXCELLENT!

Hands down the worst food I have ever eaten at Disney was at Columbia Harbour house.

It was cheap, cold and had no flavor what so ever. we ended up throwing it all away.

Hands down the worst food I have ever eaten at Disney was at Columbia Harbour house.

It was cheap, cold and had no flavor what so ever. we ended up throwing it all away.
That's a shame. I used to really like the half tuna sandwich and cup of clam chowder. Last time I checked for it there they didn't have it, and we haven't been back in quite a while.

And it's my favorite QS. Tuna sandwich is my favorite but the fried shrimp and broccoli salad were also very good. Oh, and the chicken nuggets but you can find those everywhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter