worst car you have ever been in?

69 Chevy Impala. It belonged to my husband’s grandparents and he got it when his grandmother died in 1982. It didn’t have anything in it. No power anything, no a/c, not even a radio. We drove it from Ohio to Virginia that same summer when I was 7 months pregnant. Horrible!

My best friend at the time had bight a very old 240z. She didn’t drive until about 19 because she was afraid of crashing.
So she buys this car held together by bondo and duct tape and I would drive it because she was scared .
Well the driver side floor board had a hole in it masked by the floor mat and that was just the beginning. After driving her around in her own car a couple times I was like you know I don’t feel safe in it let alone drive it.
She got upset and started driving it and a week later called me to say she wrecked it.

My cousin's VW Beetle... It was from like the early 70's. I think those cars are adorable, but OMG that thing felt like a deathtrap to ride in.
Same. A VW bug from the late 60s or early 70s. My dad bought it as one of his retirement projects. He cut it up and added wood panels to make it look like a Woody from the 40s. He did a really amazing job. I drove that car a few times before he started working on it, usually just to the store if it was blocking my car in. That thing was horrible! It was hard to steer and the brakes felt non-existent. I was always afraid it wasn't going to stop, but by some miracle it did!

In 74 I went on a double date with my best friend's brother, his friend and my best friend in an old station wagon with the wood siding (think Griswold except purple). When the friend picked the 3 of us up, his car died and it had to be jumped. When we got to the bowling alley, he had too drive around looking for a place he could pull through since he didn't have a reverse. On the contrary, two crap cars, a Vega and a Pinto, I drove both for 2 years each and loved them.

Worst car I’ve ever ridden in was a Datson 2-door truck. I was in college and was going out with a group of friends. I got stuck riding in that death trap. Story goes it was hauled out of a lake and bought for a couple bucks.

View attachment 822218

For some reason, my dad bought one of these. And it was the gray one with the red like this.. Worst car ever. And of course my brother bought a Fuego. HAHAHA. Renault.... Hunks of junk.

The worst car I've ever owned myself was a Mazda 626. But that was a good car.

Was your dad Frank Costanza? 🤣

An old qcquaintance of mine used to drive Plymouth Champ. We called it the Flintstone mobile becuase there were holes in the floorboards. We used to have to root for the champ to get it up a steep hill! I didn't actually ride with him much, but ocassionally.

It was something like this, but not sure if that is the exact year.

1704168508463.png

Last edited:
Was your dad Frank Costanza? 🤣

An old qcquaintance of mine used to drive Plymouth Champ. We called it the Flintstone mobile becuase there were holes in the floorboards. We used to have to root for the champ to get it up a steep hill! I didn't actualyl ride with him much, but ocassionally.

It was something like this, but not sure if that is the exact year.

View attachment 822220
Nope. No feats of strength and poles in the house in December for us. Dad's Le Car had a rusted floor board too. It did get up steep hills far better than the Champ did. Although it always overheated at the top. HAHA.

We had a Fiat 500L4-door with the turbo engine. It was zippy. Great commuter car, and first car for our oldest daughter. Had ut for 6 years before we passed it on.
I'm old enough to remember when Fiat was run out of the U.S. car market in the 1970's and why you almost can't find a Fiat dealer today. Fiat has dropped every model except the 500e in the U.S*. . And my son and DIL had one of those. There was a reason a 2 year old car with 25,000 miles on it was only $7,000! Nobody would work on it.

*https://www.carscoops.com/2022/11/the-fiat-500x-will-be-discontinued-from-north-america/

View attachment 822218

For some reason, my dad bought one of these. And it was the gray one with the red like this.. Worst car ever. And of course my brother bought a Fuego. HAHAHA. Renault.... Hunks of junk.

The worst car I've ever owned myself was a Mazda 626. But that was a good car.
Oh man. When I was in the military, one close friend had a Le Car, and another had a Suzuki Samurai. I think it was a conspiracy to make me drive everywhere, because they didn’t even like driving their own cars! I just had a plain Subaru GL Wagon, but it was a great car.

I'm old enough to remember when Fiat was run out of the U.S. car market in the 1970's and why you almost can't find a Fiat dealer today. Fiat has dropped every model except the 500e in the U.S*. . And my son and DIL had one of those. There was a reason a 2 year old car with 25,000 miles on it was only $7,000! Nobody would work on it.

*https://www.carscoops.com/2022/11/the-fiat-500x-will-be-discontinued-from-north-america/
I forgot about the old version. I can understand that.

Weren't the old versions similar to Triumphs in the last 60s early 70s? That was another bad car... at least my friends was. Although it could be because his wasn't in the best condition.

My maternal grandmother lived in the wilds of Queens and as such owned a car to get to civilization.
It was a Datsun 280z which was the envy of all her grand and great grandsons. I went grocery shopping with her once not realising that her new hobby was car racing.
Never again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter