Working on Weight Loss During Training

Well, I got up this morning, made a decent breakfast for me and then hit the treadmill. DH was called into work, so the treadmill was my only option with having the kids home. Plus it is SOOOOO cold and misting out today. I did 60 minutes in the treadmill and am watching what I am eating. YAH me. That treadmill run was so hard after eating poorly and not running all week!

Let's hope I can keep it up. Work stress has totally taken over my life and is making it hard for me to keep my routine going.

Way to go Cam! Congratulations :cheer2:

Man, I wish I could run because I think the weight would come off quicker. Every time I run I suffer with sore knees..I hate that! :furious:

Hi, guys!
How was everyone's weekend?
We were out of town to visit my DFIL who is in the final stages of cancer. Between spending 10+ hours in the car and all the food temptations, I just wasn't sure how the weekend would go.
Friday night, I ate part of DH's 2nd soft pretzel but otherwise stuck to fruit and water for the ride out to the Pittsburgh area.
Saturday morning, I had an apple and hard boiled egg that I'd brought in a cooler bag.
Lunch at McDonald's was hard -- I ended up with grilled chicken with lettuce and tomato on a whole wheat roll. Not core, but not awful.
Munched in the afternoon on apples.
Dinner was baked ziti and garlic bread, but I bought frozen grilled chicken strips and olives & artichoke antipasto and had a huge salad of lettuce, tomato, cucumber, olives, artichokes & grilled chicken.
Late night, after saying a sad goodbye to my DFIL, I was desperately in need of comfort food and had a McDonald's hot fudge sundae with nuts. :blush:
Yesterday I was very good on breakfast choices -- apple, 2 hard boiled eggs, coffee w/skim milk (DH's and DS's breakfast croissant and breakfast bagel and hash browns smelled so good! :sad1: ). I kept reminding myself I'd be carrying anything I eat 26.2 miles in just 2 months and that was enough to keep me on the straight and narrow.

I was really worried about being fueled for my LR yesterday and only ate a chicken/turkey/mushroom burger w/FF cheese before heading to the Y. I didn't feel too hungry the first couple of miles but then my stomache was growling and I was feeling light-headed. I had 1 bag of sport beans and used those and about 30 oz of powerade/water, but by the time I got home (after 8.58 miles) I was really hungry. I picked at everything I cooked -- couscous, barley, lean ground beef, pasta. UGH! My dinner was delicious, but I definitely had an "entitlement" attitude going and later allowed myself a few pretzel crisps and a handful of doritos. It wasn't mindless eating, though, so that almost makes it worse. Eating something I knew I shouldn't. I definitely have to get shopping for some bananas and apples and start turning to those again.

This week will be better. Hoping to get lots of water in today and tomorrow before tomorrow night's weigh in. Worried that it is at night when the past two weeks have been morning WI's -- hoping it won't look like the scale is up.

So, what's up with you guys? :hug:

Considering the weekend you had I think you did great Cam!

Although my training wasnt what it should have been last week, I was able to lose another 1.5 lb. Considering I was a little too liberal with the Halloween candy I was happy to lose anything.

Keep it up guys. Like Cam said, its less to carry with us in only 2 months!

Hey all, I started a new thread because this one was getting long. Hope no one minds!

Hi all. Just a drive by here too. I'm doing ok thanks to the great snacks dh got for me. I am missing what is typically my best weigh in day of the month, though. :( I was so hoping to have a good loss. Not havign my own scale with, ,though makes it tough to co,mmpare.

Have a great week everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter