• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Working on Weight Loss During Training--Wk of 11/12

keenercam

Loves Mickey!
Okay, I see that no one started a new weekly thread, though I am glad to see people posted on the earlier thread.

I have to confess -- My eating has been so out of control the past week or so. First, it was emotional eating and then it was just more and more bad choices. I am back on track today and figure the only way to stay on track is to journal everything I eat here.

B: shredded wheat w/skim milk; coffee w/skim milk
L: green salad topped with grilled chicken breast, peas, snow pea pods, chick peas, kidney beans; steamed broccoli & carrots; 1/2 slice of pineapple, 4 grapes, small chunk cantaloupe

I am hoping to get to the gym again tonight and will have to figure out the food situation before I go. I have a couple of hard boiled eggs and a piece of chicken breast here that I may eat before I go, but I don't have any kind of carbs, so I might not have much energy. Actually, I may have some 94% FF popcorn, so I'll eat that before I leave here, or take it in the car with me. popcorn::

Oh, one last thing. I have learned a very valuable lesson this past week -- it is only when I have food pre-made in the fridge or at work that I can easily stick to my plan. So, tonight, I am going to cook some brown rice and some polenta and some kidney beans and corn, so that I can have good carb sources when I crave them.

Next?

Yeah, I've been hiding. Rigth now the scale looks pretty good for TOM. I was bad the day after I got back from Houston and Sunday and Monday..... Been doing better, though. You're right Cam. I need to have good food readily-available or I look for junk. With the holidays coming, I really need to strat paying attention again. Grils weekend with the ILs and Thanksgiving with them 4 days later is NOT a good thing for me.

Carrie -- I am already planning on lots of good foods to take with us on our Thanksgiving trip. I am grilling chicken and boiling eggs ahead of time and buying lots of apples and bananas and putting it all in my little cooler. This is especially important because we have a 12+ hour car ride in each direction and eating on the road will not be good for me.

I totally agree about having food on hand/pre-made. I need to go grocery shopping BAD!! I am doing OK, but nothing more lost. My back is in pain again, so my weekday trainings have been light. I just wish I could pixie dust myself and make everything wonderful for me!!!

Cam - Glad to see you back on track.

Carrie - Don't hide, that will just make you a closet eater. And the doors are hard to swallow!!!

I thought we'd all been a little quiet around here. I agree so much with you all--planning is the key. If I don't have a plan in mind, I reach for the first available thing. I have been consuming pop-tarts (actually the generic kind, which really have no flavor) lately-UGHH!

I am so lucky that I haven't blown the scale completely. But it is time to get back on track.

Okay, guys, let's do this! We are all here to support each other, so if anyone is MIA, we should send them PMs and tell them we miss them. :grouphug: I know how much I depend on all of you.
Jen -- sending you pixiedust: for your back.

I am still not doing so good. I bring all my safe core foods to work, then every day I am bad & buy something. Usually it's a croissant. Today it was a bag of cheetos! (single serving bag, but still...)

I have a hair appt., then weigh in tonight. I am not feeling like I gained, but I know I didn't lose. And that's ok since I haven't been on plan lately.

I really, REALLY need to get on the ball with preparing food ahead of time too!

Kristi -- Good luck at weigh in! I chickened out this week. It would have been just too ugly and I'd have been disappointed in myself and may have gotten derailed. Looking forward to next Tuesday night after a week back on plan totally.

I'm here, I'm here. Cam pulled me out of the shadows. Altought my training has not been quite what it should be, I've been doing o.k. on the weight loss front. I lost another 1.9 lbs last week :cool1: More sticks of butter to not have to carry in 7 1/2 weeks. Its coming up fast.

OH, and I just extended our trip. We will be in Orlando for 2 weeks :cheer2: :Pinkbounc :banana: We are renting a house offsite (but very near by) and are going to *gasp* Universal some of the time. We actually really like that park, although I think its pretty slimy that you have to pay for the fast passes now. We got REALLY good deals on tickets though so its still worth it.

I found a great ornament at Target. It is a lime green glitter "WISH" made out of wood and it hangs from a lime green ribbon. I got it to put on my Disney tree. They also have PEACE & stuff out of other colors but I though this was too perfect!!!! And for the bargain price of $2.99.

I agree about having stuff on hand. If I dont that's when I start going into the kids snacks & that is never good.

Seth's kindergarten teacher is always telling the kids "make good choices" Now she is referring to their behavoir but I think it applies to our eating too. Make good choices & we will be rewarded for it later.

I've had a rough eating week, too. Not sure why but I'm up 2lbs this week and retaining water. I've got T'giving with one group of relatives this weekend, then heading up to Gainesville for next week with the inlaws. I'm sure I'll miss at least one run next week and I'm freaked out about the amount of calories that I won't be burning, plus all the extra calories from eating out for 4 days. I'd really like to consistently in the 140s for the race!

I'm thinking about cutting out my afternoon snack. I read something awhile back about a doctor who lost a lot of weight. One of her 'techniques' was to give herself permission to be hungry. I thought that was appropriate for me because I tend to eat to prevent being hungry because I get a little hypoglycemic if I go too long. So I've been eating a marathon bar on the way home to keep from being hungry before dinner. But maybe its okay if I'm a little hungry...and would cut out 270 calories 5 days a week!

Tiff...I'm going to have to check out Target. What a great ornament!

Cam...I think you're allowed a bit of indulgence considering what's been going on. I forgot about the hard-boiled eggs...think I'll make some tonight!

Cam, thanks for reminding me I need to get on the ball here. My computer hard drive crashed last week and I haven't been able to post as much lately....just quickies here and there.

Since the end of August, I've lost 22 pounds. I'm really not dieting but I'm watching what I eat....EXCEPT for the last two days!!! I've gone crazy. Tonight, for example, I had Mexican food. Two big tacos and Mexican rice. For lunch I had a baked potato with all the trimings. Last night, fried chicken. How's that for motivation? :rotfl2: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ok, ok. This thread will help me kick start the good eating again. I think it's wise to pre-plan the meals and snacks so you won't be playing a guessing game and eating on impulse as much. It's also a good idea to write out what you eat. Accountability! I'll start tomorrow. I don't think you want to see what all I've eaten lately. :blush:

By the way, when did they start charging for fast passes? I must've missed this new rule. :sad2:

Susie -- I think that was fast passes at Universal.

Tiffany -- I am so jealous you are staying 2 weeks! Good for you! :thumbsup2 Great job on the 1.9! :cheer2:

Mel -- you are so tiny! My birth weight was more than that. No, really, at age 10 I was 155. Isn't that pathetic? Someday I'll be there again. I'm working on it. You should be so proud of how fit you are, sweetie! :hug:

Susie -- welcome back! You poor thing -- a computer crash would drive me into an eating frenzy. Been there, done that! So glad you are back. 22 pounds in 3 months is absolutely awesome! Congratulations!

I am sooo glad you guys are here. Purely selfish on my part -- I NEED our WISH team support to keep me on the straight and narrow.

I did pretty well tonight. I ate 94% FF popcorn before leaving my office, skipped the 290 calorie marathon bar before my TM session, then ate a banana in the car while waiting for DS after rehearsal. When I got home I ate a piece of steak while cooking a batch of kidney beans & corn with diced tomatoes with chilies and some grilled chicken breast. I put 2 helpings away for tomorrow, too. I only cheated a little bit when I ate some bites of lasagna from a tray our dear friend brought us when we got home from the funeral. I put the rest of the lasagna in the freezer in two packs for DD18 and her best friend -- I'll drop them off on Saturday when I'm on campus for a football game. I figure that is better than having it in the fridge tempting me all the time.

Hope everyone had a great night and I'll see you all tomorrow. I LOVE hearing what everyone is eating -- I am always looking for food ideas.

escape said:
Since the end of August, I've lost 22 pounds.

WOO HOO, Susie! :cheer2:

Ok, my not being on plan is starting to bite me in the butt! I weighed in last night & was 1.8 lbs. over 'goal.' Which also means .2 lbs. & I have to pay WW! :sad2:

Hopefully that was the scare that I needed! I am going to dottie's site and printing up some new core recipes this morning.

Tiffany - we might be in FL early. Actually, since Chad will be out of work by Christmas, he may just drive down with Zack the day after Christmas & hang at my grandparents' house. I will fly down there sometime around New Year's to meet up with them. Life gives you lemons, make lemonade, right? So, Chad might as well be unemployed in sunny Florida for an extra week or so! ;)

Can I ask where you got the deal on Universal tickets? Since we will be there early, we were considering going there too - haven't been since '99.

Kristi-They aren't having the deal we got (we bought the tickets a while back & got the kids tics free) but they are having another great deal. Universalorlando.com 7 days (and you can always park hop with their tickets) for $85 a person. No shipping because you pick them up a the kiosk when you get there. We are getting these for my nieces because they are joining us for the week now. :cool1:

Yes, its Universal that charges for the Express pass now. Or you stay in their hotels & you get front of the line privledges.

Susie-great job on the 22 lbs :thumbsup2

Have a great day all!

Universal's Express pass is extra, but we've found when we went in the off season we didn't need it. Granted, we are one of those famlies parked outside the gate with tickets in hand 15 minutes before the park opens, but we hit all the big rides first thing (sometimes riding several time) and have often seen both parks by 2:00PM. We don't do the shows, generally, though -- my kids just want to ride.

About the weight... I'm pretty discouraged. I keep saying I want to be below 200 pounds by marathon day, but I'm sure not "living that plan" -- I've lost some weight, but I keep "slipping" -- not major slips, just enough to muck up any hope of consistant weight loss. I can see my goal slipping away, and I'm pretty discouraged. I'm really hung up on that number -- and I feel if I don't make 199, nothing I've lost matters. Stupid.

So time to kick myself in the bee-hind and get back to work and stop feeling sorry for myself!

Thank you, Cam for keeping this thread going. I know it's nearly an impossible task... but nothing is impossible if only you believe :tinker:

I've avoided the threads because my eating has been out of control. I am fortunate to be at the same weight I was when I first joined! Of course that's NOT where I want to be...

I'm here, and I'm going to be mindful of my eating today. :thumbsup2

Susie :cheer2: :banana: :woohoo: You go, girl!!!!!!!

Sunny :wave2:

Wendy -- I know what it is like to be hung up on a scale number, but I hope you'll remember that you have accomplished so much more than so many people who weigh in at some "ideal" number. You are so fabulously fit -- give yourself some credit, girl! :cheer2:

Okay, Kristi -- you and I have to stay on the core wagon! I am definitely going to try your core skillet lasagna this weekend and I am going to cook some polenta and roast some chick peas. What is your plan? Do you have a specific weakness? When I was craving chocolate, I made SF FF chocolate pudding. When I was craving something really sweet, I sucked on frozen pineapple chunks (LOVE Trader Joe's frozen fruits). I know I'll want something crunchy for the football game Saturday, so I am going to make roasted chick peas. My big addiction, though, is carbs. :eek: The concoction I made last night is one of the most satisfying for that -- a can of kidney beans mixed with frozen whole kernel corn or a can of crispy whole kernel corn and either spicy salsa or a can of diced tomatoes with mild chilies. If I need more protein, I add diced grilled chicken. It is very satisfying and filling.

Today's plan:
B: shredded wheat w/skim milk; decaf coffee w/skim milk
S: apple
L: corn/kidney bean/grilled chicken mix; cut veggies w/fat free ranch dressing

Not sure about the rest, but there is cooked chicken and lean steak and more of the mexican mix in my fridge for tonight.

What's your plan? (Oh, my WW leader says "failing to plan is planning to fail" -- yep, I have lived that)

7 1/2 WEEKS????

Yikes, now I am getting scared!!!! Tho I have the confidence that if all else fails, I can run as much as I can and still finish with walking. After doing my 8 miles last weekend, I know I can do it. Now I just need my back to feel better. I ran last night on the track for 35 minutes (walk/run). Now my back aches, but not my sciatic nerve. Ughhh, it just flip flops for me!!!

My plan is to yet again cut back on regular soda and drink diet when I need one. Also, no more candy. I have been doing OK with sticking to Core allowed carbs. Just a couple of little slips with it. I just need to stick with it.

This morning I was in a rush so all I had was a banana and tomato juice. I am getting my fruits and veggies out of the way early!!!

THANK YOU CAM for the PM :goodvibes

I normally only check on the threadst that I am subscribed to so I thought this thread had gone by the way side. I never thought to look for a new week :blush:

I'm going to go read through all the posts and then I'll be back :thumbsup2

On the note of preparing foods ahead – I learned that lesson big time last night. I had a major stressful situation come up and was not able to eat anything from after lunch until 9pm and the last thing I wanted to do was make supper so I dove into pb and ww crackers. The crackers are not Ph1 but I don’t think it was toooo big of a deal as they were ww but definitey not a good choice.

Tonight my son has a choir performance so I stuck a pork loin with ls bq sauce in the crockpot for dinner. I’ll add a salad and veggies to that so that I for sure have dinner ready before we have to leave.

Carrie – Glad to see your back on track!

Jen – PD for you on that back! Those are the worst!

NCR – Okay back away from the poptarts – Seriously good to see your ready to hop back on the track!

Kristi – My temptation is the peanut M&Ms that are always on the cabinet at work. I try to have some sort of treat to when the cravings get too bad – I’m currently loving the Apple Turnover SF yogurt.

Tiff – Wow another 1.9lbs that is awesome! Please let me know how the house renting goes we are considering that for our next trip as we were totally spoiled by the 2BDR at OKW and can’t imagine going back to a tiny hotel room.

Mel – How about just changing that afternoon snack to something a little lower in calories? A sf yogurt is only 100 cal, a lf cheese stick, handful of nuts, or a 100 cal snack pack. I have hypoglycemia and I have to eat every few hours or I get light headed so I totally understand.

Susie – We share the same name IRL (though mine is spelled Suzy). 22 lbs that is so inspiring! Just hop right back on with us and I’m sure you’ll do awesome!

Wendy – ((hugs)) You CAN do this!!!!!!!!!

Sunny – It is good to see you! I know life can sure get in the way of our best intentions. Come and post with us even if it’s a bad day.

Okay as for me:

Okay I hope I won't get kicked to the curb but I have to say this and I'll get real with myself and take myself off the training thread as well - I am NOT going to be doing the 1/2 again this year at WDW. My back/sciatica problems are not getting much better and the distance training is near impossible right now. I plan to start very slowly walking again and see how it goes but WDW is just a pipe dream right now :guilty:

Okay as for the eating - as I mentioned I thought this thread had blown away but I am back on track as I started Monday with SBD Ph1 and I’ve been on plan now for 3 days! Last night I had a small slip up with the dang ww crackers but it was much better than the Easy Mac I was craving.

Today’s menu:
B – Turkey sausage quiche
L – Mixed green salad with ham/cheese rollups
S – Yogurt or black bean cake
D – Pork loin with ls bq sauce, salad, veggies
D – sf fudge bar

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter