Working on Weight Loss and getting Lean!

Good morning! Happy Weekend! :goodvibes

Welcome to the Positivity Club, Rubato! :welcome:

Debra - Good goals! I am sorry you're having problems. I hope it all works out the best possible way! I am so glad to see you here, I have been missing you! I'm not sure what runner's knee is, but if it's like tennis elbow....OUCH!

Beth - You are a rock. Our rock! I really appreciate all the kind words and thought you put into your posts. They are very helpful and inspirational. :love: BTW, being cold after losing a lot of weight is common. When you get rid of that "fat blanket" .... How is your back? Runner's Warehouse sells a Trigger Point system for pain. I highly recommend it. Get the whole body one. You can find it under the Recovery heading!

Cindy - Great job on the treats thing. Mindless eating is my biggest problem! And social setting is a great place to allow that to run amok!

Maria - I hope the heat is working!!! I missed you!

Jeanne - I hope you love the new renewed you! The weight will dissappear, again, before you know it. I am sad your Las Vegas run flopped.

Nancy - Hi! It is nice to see you!

Manda - That sound like a fun indoor workout.

Jackie - Good luck. I checked my crystal ball and I see more marathons for you because you LOVE it! Great goals!

I have been having an awful time with tendonitis. I have it in both feet (in different areas). I am not training as I should for the Goofy. I am doing the long runs and some cross training. I am afraid I won't be able to finish and I am afraid of working too hard! AAAARGH........what is one to do???

Question for WW people: Is it really easier to count points?

Manda and Connie, thanks for the welcomes.

Here's my info:

I'm turning 40 in April and decided to run a half marathon for my birthday present. I've never run more than 3 or 4 miles. So, this is a big deal to me. Plus, I'm dealing with a messed up knee from a bicycle wreck last year, and arthritis in my hips. But, I'm hanging in there. I'm about 7-10 pounds over what I would like to be, so it's not a huge number, but it doesn't want to come off! ;) It might be due to the fact that I'm a total binge eater! I also have thyroid disease, but that's under control right now, so not a good excuse.

I'm really interested to hear how Jeanne does with her surgery. I want this surgery badly. I'm WAY overendowed and hate it. Have always hated it. I am a runner and not built to be one. Hubby has been thinking about letting me get it done. So, Jeanne, how are you feeling? How bad was the pain and how much of a recovery are they telling you you'll have?

As far as my goals for 2010, I want to run this half marathon and see how I feel. If I'm good, I'd like to train for a full, but may put that off for 2011. I would like to learn how to eat properly. I either binge or I starve (diet). I'm starting the year off right at WDW, so it can only be a great year, right?

Good Morning, Lean Ladies!

I just did my 8M, and boy that last mile was tough. On the bright side, I'm now up to averaging 12:15 miles, so I am just getting faster all the time! I think I may end up with a speed goal for 2010...now I want to see if I can get to 12 min miles!

Today is the scary family party. I have made spiced oyster crackers and christmas wreath candy as my contribution. The restaurant where we hold the party doesn't allow you to bring in anything but dessert, so I'll be limited in my dinner options. I'm going to look on it as one scary meal for the weekend, and move on. The scale is moving down (1.6 this week), so all is well. So, I'm basically back to where I was before I left for Universal at Thanksgiving 2 weeks later. That is my quickest recovery from vacation ever! It was a short trip, just 4 days, but I am still proud I was able to get things back on track fairly quickly.

:welcome: Rubato! Always great to have another Leanie join in. I did my first Half in 2008, a bit before I turned 40. It was addictive, and mainly because of the DIS! I had so much fun chatting with everyone and learning in an encouraging environment, I wanted to keep going. :cool1:

Connie -- Yes, I am happy to say they got the heat working. I find it is easier to count WW points, but I don't like it at first -- everytime I stop and start, I'm discouraged by how much I'm eating. But -- it's also a great tool to know when to stop. I do sometimes consciously go over. I don't really count the extra weekly allowance or my exercise points, so I figure it's covered in there. I do know if I'm going to be seriously way over for a week to expect it to show...vacations and holidays tend to be hard on me. ::yes::

Manda -- I don't know if what I eat is a good guide, it just tends to be what works for me. My breakfast is always oatmeal, a vitamuffin or eggs and fruit. I do one whole egg and one egg white and add peppers and onions. My lunch in the summer is always hummus and veggies, yogurt, and chips -- in the winter I will substitute a lean cuisine or light soup for me entree. I have grapes and a Babybel cheese for an afternoon snack. I eat what my family does for dinner, but try to make it a reasonable portion. If everything is going well, my eating stays under control after dinner and I'll have some form of chocolate for about 2 pts -- jello mousse, Lindt ball, fudge, etc. I end my days with a hot cup of tea, and then just sip water if I get up during the night. I drink citrus water and tea mostly. I will have an occasional diet soda, but I've gone from 2 or 3 a day to 1 or 2 a week. :thumbsup2

Beth -- I now make bi-monthly charts with my workout schedule. It does really help me plan for progress when I'm not training for a race. It's also very fulfilling for me to highlight the workout after I'm done. I use a ton of colors, so I end up with this rainbow chart which shows how hard I've been working. :yay:

Jeanne -- So glad to hear everything went well! I was definitely thinking of you and sending good thoughts. Rest, relax and let yourself be waited on --ooh, I hope that is happening! princess:

Nancy -- Thank you for stopping in to let us know about Jeanne. You know we always love to hear from you, please do stop in any time! :hug:

Debra -- :music: Don't you, forget about me....Like we could! I'm sorry to hear about the knee and lack of magic lately, I really hope we will get to see more of you because you are missed :grouphug: And yes, I would be very pleased to kick asphalt rather than kissing it...:rolleyes1

Cindy -- How's the journaling coming? I'm nagging you because I need to do it, too! :rotfl:

Anyway, gotta get the family moving if we're going to NH this afternoon. It's about an hour away, and I just may take a nap. :faint:

Ok, so tomorrow remind me that I really want to do my strength training...:sad2:

Maria :upsidedow

Just peeking in ... is this where the Lean Meaners thread has moved to? :cutie:

Hi all...
Tracy here and I have decided I want to get into this thread more often and especially in the new year.

I am thinking about goals and the first one that comes to mind is finishing losing the weight. I have lost 30 lbs in the last year and a half with no yo-yoing. Been very steady and slow which is ok with me. I do Weight Watchers and when I get to a place that I am having trouble losing I just try to maintain for sometime and then start again with losing. This seems to have worked out so far. I would like to get rid of the last 15-20lbs or so to get me in a good place with a "normal" BMI.
so...
1. Finish losing the weight
2. Try to do more weight training/cross training
3. Join a local running club (do more running with my walking)
4. Get to a 2:45 or better finish time for a Half Marathon
5. Train for my first Full Marathon!!!! Yep most likely Disney 2011

As for the personal stuff, that is another story and not in such a great place just recently. I am trying to not let it affect the weight loss as I know it greatly could. Trying to stay strong with that.

Debra: Sorry to hear about the knee issues and the personal stuff!!

I will be back more when the new year comes around.

Keep up the good work everyone!

-Tracy (a soon to be leaner Tracy!)

Hello Lean Meaners! Yes, Vicky, you have found us! We retitled our thread to remove Meaners out of it.....related to the conflict among many on other threads, we wanted to reflect positivity! I hope all the newbies who find us keep the postive attitude!!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Welcome Rubato. Glad you found us! We always like to have new 'members' to our little corner of the world! We are about the weight loss.....keeping in mind we all have different goals. We all have different goals, and we want to support them all!

Maria: My gosh girl! You are getting speedier by the week! I am so proud of the work you have done to get there......speed is never easy! (((((Trust me, I know that first hand!))))) And the weight loss to boot! WTG! Keep it up my friend.......and don't look back!

So, how did your dinner go? Those kinds of things are really a challenge....don't worry if it wasn't perfect......none of us can pull that off all the time. I myself had a cookie baking swap party at my sister's this weekend....it didn't come off like the plan......endulged in too many different cookies to name.....:eek: Oh well, tomorrow is a new day!

Connie: Sorry to hear of the trouble with the feet......it always has to be something to deal with! Hang in there......I think things will work out fine! Keep a positive attitude!!!!

Manda: Glad things seem to going well......I haven't been running outside at all.....totally TM for me! It's a early morning run for me, and it's way to dark and cold outside. I have to say I am adjusting pretty well with it! I am loving my 'new' used treadmill!

Debra: How's it going friend? I am so appreciative of when you drop by! I miss you when you are not here.....I hope life is chipping up for you.....I want to be your positive force!

Jeanne: How's it going? I hope the recovery is going well! Let us know how it's going!

I will post #3 goal setting tomorrow!

Beth

Manda - The self sabotage is SO difficult to avoid. I am definitely my own worst enemy. I do such a good job for several days, and then I blow it all in 48 hours! But knowing that I'll eventually have to come here and 'fess up helps... I have an entire army of little consciences sitting on my shoulder watching me blow it!

Jeanne - How's the fluid loss going? Any progress yet?

Rubato
- :welcome: At 40 I hadn't run a step, at 43 I ran my first 5K, and at 45 I ran my first half. Now I can't seem to stop. Like Maria, it's mostly because of the WISH boards that I kept going. I met this group, both online and in person, and couldn't resist!

Tracy - Welcome to the Lean Meaners! Or maybe just the Leaners? Your steady weight loss has been terrific. Sounds like you're going about it the right way. Your goals are absolutely within reach. Is there a Galloway group in your area? Mine is the second best part of my running life, right behind WISH, and there are times when they switch places!

Debra - So glad you popped in. We miss you when you're not here. Sorry life is being so difficult right now.

Connie - I think your crystal ball is foggy. There are more HALF marathons in my future, maybe not so many full ones! Once again, while running the 13.1 distance today, I was so grateful around mile 9 that I could think "only 4 miles to go," not "only 17 miles to go!" :eek: At mile 12 it was relatively easy to muster the energy to get that last mile done - don't know if I could have lasted another 14. (Actually I know that in today's conditions I couldn't have, but that's another story!)

PR'd my half marathon today! Wasn't supposed to - promised everyone it was "just" a training run. VERY hilly half, and then we woke up to rain and 32 degrees at the start. At mile 10 we saw (and felt) sleet. Some people at the finish said they saw snow. (For those of you who live in cold areas, NC isn't supposed to be like this in December!) In full disclosure, I've only done 2 previous half marathons, and both of them were after fairly long periods of injury, so my half time was less than impressive. I still managed to take 6:30 off the time, so as we came in sight of the finish line I was pretty excited! I ran with the woman I finished Richmond with, and our time was 2:48:02. We even managed negative splits - I'm fairly certain the sleet had something to do with that. :rolleyes:

Jackie

Hi all-

I just read this thread you are all such great motivators! I would love to join and contribute to this group. I ran 8 half marathons this past year and my most recent one (Vegas) left me with some nasty knee/ITB pain. I think the culprit is a few extra pounds. Although I have not gained any weight during 2009, I have not lost the weight that I always want to lose. I am very busy at work in Jan-Feb which involves long hours and carry out meals in the office. I will also need to find time to train for the Princess 1/2 in March. So now I want (and need) to be accountable.

Looking forward to chatting with you soon!

Hello Leanies!!!!

:welcome: Lisa! Glad to have you along!

Jackie - I didn't say my crystal ball was a good one! I love the half marathon. It's easy to train for and easy to stay in shape for! I don't care for the time commitment that the full takes. And I don't care for the shorter races....Congrats on the PR!

Rubato - I did my first race at 49 and 10 months! A trail race. Didn't have a clue what I was getting into!

Racy Tracy - Hi! You can do this. Those 10 lbs are history and you just don't know it yet!

AFM - I am having trouble staying motivated for the Goofy. The 20 miler is looming large over me for next week! I am not looking forward to it. I am so scared of being swept, but that's the way it goes. Nothing ventured, nothing gained or DLF beats DNF which greatly trumps DNS!!!!!

My DSIL left a magazine behind the other day when she visited and it had a really good idea! It suggested that when you do something right, (like not having a cooking and wine at the bookclub meeting) put a dollar in a piggy bank and at the end of the year, you can treat yourself to something special! I think I am going to give this a try? Anyone else in?

Connie: That's a GREAT idea! Getting 'paid' at the end of the year for all the hard work/good decisions one has made! Doesn't seem so 'pointless' then! I love it, and will think about giving that one a try. I might substitute a quarter though.....a dollar is alot to me! (((((and I never have any money on me!))))) Sorry to hear that you are having doubts......it's bound to happen with any training though. Things never go the way we want to in training.....leading us to doubt ourselves...... But I truely believe that you have the will and positive attitude to get it done and stay ahead of the sweepers! :thumbsup2 This is the time to start talking positive thoughts to yourself, not negative. You can do this. Plain and simple. There are no doubts. Hear me???????:listen:

Welcome Lisa! Seems the new title to our thread has brought us some new 'members'. Glad to have you, and look forward to getting to know you! Sorry to hear of the new aches and pains, but it has been a long year for races! I am sort of backing off right now in my miles......to pick it up in Feburary!

AFM: Well, have to say that the weekend was a bust for my eating.....cookies are my weakness! So, it's 10 pounds to lose (AGAIN!). UGH......well at least it wasn't more......it can always be worse!

I ran 6 miles Sat, 5 miles Sun, and 5 miles this morning. It probably should have been more since the cookies were weighing me down! :confused3

My sister got me the first season of Dexter to watch! I have never seen it, but the show was meant for me! Totally the BEST! So, I will use Dexter DVD's for my marathon training (((((if my dh gets me a tv with a DVD player in it!))))) Last night I watched episode #5 on my dh's laptop for my 5 miles!!!!! It's awesome! The only drawback is that the episodes are not quite an hour long.....so I have to finish up without it! Oh well, it made the time go by very quickly! I am psyched!

Beth

I've killed the thread that quickly?????:confused3

Roll Call! Come on people......don't wait for the New Year!

Beth

Beth, I'm here! Don't worry!

I'm having a hard time keeping up with everyone's stories, so I'm just reading to try to make it up to speed!;)

My running is going well. I did my first 9 mile run. I feel amazing right now in that area. My problem is my eating and my weight. I just can't seem to get the evening bingeing under control. I have gained, not lost! :scared1:I know the reason. I'm not eating enough during the day, especially when I run. Then, I'm so hungry, I don't stop. I got a book about eating for runners. I followed that advice for 3 or 4 days and that's it.

So, I hope to get on track again. I'm back up and now need to lose 10.5 pounds. I was hoping to reach my goal by 1/19 when I go to WDW. I think I can. I think I can. I think I can. :cheer2:

Hi Everyone!

No, Beth, you haven't killed the thread!

Rubato - Congrats on your nine mile! That's great! It's not uncommon for any of us to gain weight while training. You are probably changing your body composition as well. If you have a waist measurment from before, try comparing those numbers and not just the scale.

Beth - I think any amount of money in your "Good decision jar" is a motivator! Just think, you might even be able to buy a massage, new hairdo, lovely piece of jewelry, or some other something special! And what a positive thing....Good decisions!!!!

I am still trying to get my 8 miler in. I am having bad luck with the wind and the cold. I guess it's the treadmill for me today.

I haven't weighed since I started back here. I am working my journaling and listing everything I eat. I am also wearing my handy dandy super duper pedometer which tells me the calories I burn, regular steps and aerobic steps! It helps...alot.

Hi everyone! Sorry I lost track and am having a tough time posting since it's really busy. But I guess it is that time of year - how close are we to Christmas now :rolleyes1 I haven't finished my shopping yet so I don't really want to think about it.

Rubato - :welcome: Congrats on your first 9 miler! I'm not sure what to say about the eating but maybe before you go running, try to eat a protein bar. I usually have one about 1-1.5 hours before I hit the gym and it keeps me from feel hungry during the workout. I also make myself a protein shake after running anything longer than eight miles. I use protein powder, Greek yogurt, fruit, milk and a little bit of sweetner.

Beth - Oooh cookies! Yeah I have a real weakness for cookies too and this time of year, especially in our office - these things are all over the place. It's almost like one has to walk around with blinders on to avoid all the treats sitting out. Is Dexter the show about the guy who works in an electronics store but is really a CIA agent?

Connie - I get your lack of motivation. I had a not so great week last week and was having to bribe myself with various treats in order to get myself out the door. I think it's just the idea of having to go out when it's cold and dark that makes training now really difficult. I will definitely give your dollar jar idea a try in the new year! It may just help to pay for my 2011 trip :)

Millenium Mickey - :welcome: Congrats on all your 1/2 marathons this past year! That's awesome! This past summer, I had to eat take out for about 3 weeks (lunch and dinner). It's really my fault because I don't cook but I actually lost weight eating out. I think the trick is portion control, and making sure you get some veggies and have a source of protein at each meal. Also watch out for white foods (my weakness), fried foods and sugar.

Jackie - Congrats on your PR!! 6:30 is a lot of time to take off! :cheer2:

Tracy - WTG on the weight loss so far! 30 pounds is fantastic! Sorry to hear about the personal issues but good for you for not letting it get in your way.:thumbsup2

Maria - I've been away so long I forgot to say welcome back! Wow! You're getting speedy! I'd say at 12:15 m/m, 11 m/m can't be too far behind. How did your family dinner go?

Manda - We had a couple of chilly days last week too. I think it was about 5F with the wind chill (-15C). I was cold even in my regular clothes and winter jacket. I stayed in those days and ran on the TM.

Jeanne - Is the post-op water weight coming off?

Cindy - Good for you for limiting the desserts at the book club. How's the Goofy training coming along?

Debra - Nice to see you around! Sorry to hear about the runner's knee. I get a bit of that pain myself. My PT has me doing hip and glute exercises because he says that's where most knee pain starts from. I usually ice and wear and knee brace (if the pain is really bad) in between runs.

AFM - The eating has been going so-so. I've been staying away from the treats but I think the portions have gone up a little. I'm hoping to lose 5 pounds by Disney but I suppose I'll have to brave the scale to figure out where I am first. Training is going really well! I'm still working on my deadlifting and managed to pull 95 lbs from the floor yesterday! I had to do it a couple of times without my shoes on but I got it done. I also noticed that I'm generally not as sore after hitting the weights as I was earlier this year so that's a good thing!

Goals for 2010 - Hmm… (1) Increase my running distance to prepare for a 2011 marathon (2) Drop another (clothing) size or some more inches (3) Incorporate yoga or pilate stretches into my workouts so that I run without so many ouchies (4) Develop better sleeping habits so that I'm sleeping 7-8 hrs/night (5) Try a new sport/activity (6) Eat clean for at least 6 days a week

So I think that's it :) Sorry for the long post -- that's my lesson for not keeping up with the thread!

Have a great day everyone :wave2:

Good Morning, Lean Ladies!

For what is supposed to be a slower time at work, I keep getting asked to do things that take a lot of time...DIS time I'm losing ;) I've only been able to post on one or two threads a day, so I'm trying to spread it out and hit every one regularly...I guess I'm on too many threads. :rolleyes1

I didn't get up and do my 5M this am. I don't know why, it just didn't happen. I did do 4 yesterday at 12:30, so I was pleased. I usually have to have a higher distance to average that speed, since I get faster as I go. We'll see if I do it after work, or try to get up tomorrow and get it in. I am getting to the point where I have so much to do, it's harder to make the exercise a priority, especially when I have to choose that over sleep, but I'm going to keep it going as long as I can. My dad get's here Sunday, and then the early morning workouts are over until we return from Florida, so I should take advantage while I can.

Vicky -- I am almost done with my shopping, but I do have a few stops left to make. I'm going to go on my lunch hour tomorrow and pick up the latest 39 Clues book (for tweens), the Alvin and the Chipmunks Squeakwell cd, and gloves for dh. Then I just have stockings to stuff. I got a $25 gift card from CVS for filling a prescription there, so I should be able to use that to get stocking goodies. The family party went really well. I did keep myself to 2 slices of veggie pizza and 3 Christmas wreath candies, and then I didn't go home and eat, so I was very pleased. No one said anything about my weight loss, I guess 20 lbs doesn't show that much on me. But, it's much better than them commenting about how eating too much makes you fat! :thumbsup2

Connie -- I'm so proud of you for journaling! That is a tough one, and I'm not even trying lately :sad2: So glad you are getting it going! And the pedometer sounds great, too. You'll get the 8M in, you'll just do it in comfort and with ease! :cool1:

Rubato -- Great job on the 9M! It is so hard to fuel properly at this time of year...Most people I know gain while training for the longer distances, including me. It's very hard to balance once the holiday goodies come out. I do great during the day, but when I'm home at night with the yummies, I slip. I'm just trying to contain the slips and keep the exercise going. I think that's the best I can hope for right now. ::yes::

Beth -- I've never seen Dexter either, and I'm intrigued! If I ever get caught up on Netflix, I'm definitely putting it in the que. popcorn::

Millenium Mickey -- :welcome: 8 Half Marathons is amazing!! It takes all I have to pull one out! I'm sure you will have a ton of great tips for us! :idea:

Jackie -- :woohoo: on the PR! Fantastic! You are a woman in motion! :goodvibes

Tracy -- Awesome goals! Please do hang with us, we love to chat! I'm a "slow loser", I've lost 20 lbs this year, and I'm determined to make it 30 in 2010 -- I know we can do it! :cheer2:

Ok, probably not the best place to share this, but I found a new cookie recipe that is going to make my life much easier -- you just take ready-made pie crust, and use your Christmas cookie cutters. Sprinkle the shapes with cinnamon sugar, put them in the 350 degree oven on a covered cookie sheet, and about 10 minutes later you have Christmas cookies. I will definitely be taking advantage of this shortcut! :yay:

Maria :upsidedow

Connie – Sorry that you are having pain. It is so frustrating, especially so close to the race. :tink:Pixie dust for your feet, hopefully you will get feeling better. I haven’t done WW, but I have been trying to keep track of my food – recommitting today because I have gained 2 pounds since thanksgiving! No good. I will be interested to see what people say in answer to your question.

I like the dollar idea. I will have to work something out with DH for this. Maybe we can pay each other when we do good stuff. I am afraid I would be too liberal with myself and I would get a dollar every day just for working out. That might be expensive! I have tried to make smaller goals for myself. Like if I stuck to my training schedule and logged food for so many weeks I got a pedicure (I may start that one again) or a massage or something I wouldn’t buy for myself anyway. I was trying this for a while, but when I didn’t meet my goal I got myself the prize anyway (I know, no good, but I am great at justifying why I needed it anyway:rolleyes1). So I am trying to find things that I wouldn’t get otherwise, but that still provide motivation!

Rubato – Sounds like good goals. It sounds like you will have a great time with the half marathon if you are already doing so great at 9 miles. I am going to try running my first 4 miler today. We will see how that goes. I just finished the C25K program, so I am up to half an hour, this will be pushing it quite a bit more.

Maria – Glad to hear that the speed is coming. I am working on endurance, I am sure speed will come some day. Hopefully you made it through the family party in good form. I pigged out at a work lunch yesterday – but we went out for steak. I promised my DH I would bring him home most of the steak, so I made due with eating onion blossom and loaded baked potato. Maybe not the best choices.

Tracy – Great goals. I need to lose about 40 (and rising) to get into “normal” but I am sure trying. Sorry about personal stuff. It gets to me (which is why I haven’t been to the gym for 4 days – I am too busy fighting with my DH. :sad2:) Not good this time of year.

Beth – I have been wondering about running on the treadmill. I am a little scared of it, because when I run I am always adjusting my pace, I am not sure how well I would do that on the TM, and I don’t really even know what my pace is right now. Any tips or tricks?

Jackie – CONGRATS on the PR! Especially in those conditions. I am very impressed.

Lisa – WELCOME! 8 half marathons – very impressive. I did 1 and was so happy for myself! I know what you mean about busy in Jan and Feb. I worked public accounting and didn’t see the sun until April, now I am on the other side and spend my busy hours getting audited! I am trying hard to stay motivated this winter by signing up for a half in February, but that seems so close – I don’t know if I will be ready! (is it too early to panic? :eek: )

Vicky – Love the goals. After reading everyones goals, I think I need to add yoga/pilates into my routine. I did a yoga class earlier this summer, but didn’t really like it. It may have been the studio though, but I felt pretty pressured to do a lot more than I could at the beginning. You are inspiring me with weights too. So much more I have to add! I would be in Awesome shape if I just did everything I know I should.

AFM – I am up 2 pounds since Thanksgiving :confused3 My DH and I made a goal to lose at least 1 pound by Christmas (it sounded easy at the time) and I am not sure where these two horrible pounds have come from. Maybe extra stress, because I haven’t really had treats around. I decided it was time to log food again, and started this morning. So far so good. Hopefully I can keep that up until Christmas. That will show me what I am really doing wrong.

As I said above, I am going to attempt my first 4 mile run today. The most I have done is half an hour, but I am hoping for the best. I am going to be on the tiny indoor track, so It may not end up being actually 4 miles (since I am sure I will lose count with 18 laps to a mile) but I will do my best.

Thanks for this wonderful thread! I am so happy I have a place where I can come and share my wins and my not-so-good days (like the loaded baked potato I ate yesterday, so good, but so bad!). :grouphug: The support and love is just what I need to keep trying when things get frustrating. Thank you so much.

Just want to post to say hi. Things got very busy at work and home is always busy. Lost just 0.2 lbs this week, but at least I didn't gain. Will try to catch up soon. Hi to all the new folks.
Cindy

Steffwalks, Good luck with the 8 mile run. I know weather can be horrible this time of year, but you live in Texas! How bad can it really be? ;)

Bunnyfoo, Great job on the weights. I agree that the pilates and/or yoga would be a good addition. I haven't been keeping up on my pilates, and I can definitely feel it!

Maria, I hope you were able to get your 5 miler in. And, thanks for the cookie recipe. I will just ignore it since I love cookies WAY too much! :)

Mandac, How did the 4 miles go? Sorry about the 2 pounds, but maybe it is just stress. I always gain weight when I'm stressed.

Cindylou, Good job on the loss. Any loss is good!

I was supposed to run today (3 miles), but it's 4 degrees outside with a windchill of -10. How am I supposed to motivate myself with that? My treadmill needs a new walking belt, and I keep forgetting to order it. Maybe today!

There you all are! Glad to see people dropping by!

Cindy: Yeah for any weight loss! As long as the scale goes DOWN, it's the right direction. Sorry you are so busy!

Maria: I am never ready for Christmas. I have no tree......I always wait for the last minute there b/c everyone in the house is allergic to the darn thing, but we HAVE to have a real one! I am hoping to convence the troops to go artificial this year.....I hate dealing with the congestion and running noses that they all get (including DH). So, no tree, still need shopping done, and nothing wrapped. That's my Christmas every year! :confused3

Manda: I am glad that you find our little thread encouraging! That is what we are all about. TM running......I am a bigger fan now that I have a good used TM. The thing is that I don't have any room where it is. It's butt up to the wall behind me, so if I fall off, I will end up with bad belt burn! So, I do keep my right hand on the top of the TM while I am running.....just like Jillian DOESN'T want you to do. I feel safer that way, and now it's a habit! I adjust my speed and elevation during my whole run, and don't find it a problem. Start the belt at a speed you know you can maintain, and increase it in small increments as you warm up. That will help you work on speed. If you want to just go longer, find a pace you are comfortable with and stick to that. You want to be able to talk in short sentences and not struggle. I found that the TM helped me a great deal this year with speed. I am pushing myself more, and running faster than I did before on a daily basis. I was stuck in a slow rut for awhile. Now I change it up!

Rubato: I, too, have the ten pounds to come off. I have to say that I am not happy with that. A couple of months ago, I was where I wanted to be, and I allowed myself to gain 10 back. UGH! But, stick with us and we will work on that. Daily choices, be strong, and keep up the workouts! Let's just make it to the New Year, and then start pushing hard!

Vicky: You have great goals! You have done a great job this year! Getting stronger and faster! Keep it up, and you'll need another new coat next year!

Connie: Good job on the journaling.....we all need that lesson! I need to get back to it! Thanks for the reminder!

AFM: I am thinking a starting a weight loss group next year at my hospital. I love to motivate people, because in turn it motivates me! Maybe just a few people meeting every week for 6 weeks or so.......not just stressing weight loss, but education about nutrition etc..... what do you think? :confused3

I am eating better, but the cookie binge took it out of me.......moment of weakness! Exercise is not the problem right now, but the eating sure is! I want to control the random eating, and stop the snacking!!!! ((((Haven't I been here before??????:sad2:))))))) That's my immediate goal!

Beth

Yup, No thread killing going on here!!!!:goodvibes

Rubato - Oh dear, you are thinking of south Texas, beaches and warm sunshine and sand! There are whole universes in Texas and the weather is different in all of them. My particular corner of Texas in in the Panhandle, just 50 miles south of the Colorado line! I live in the high plains where the temperature appears resonable, but the 20 - 25 mph winds make it seem way colder. I have to say, walking in 25 mph winds not only slows you down, but almost pushes you backwards and it hurts! :upsidedow But I am not surrounded by tall buildings...mostly NO buildings and lots of cows! My zip code has 45 houses!

Beth - a REAL tree??? Those are so lovely, but the allergies are yucky! No real tree here. I actually put one up for the kids years ago. It went up on December 22 and down on December 26th! :guilty: -- Cookies are insidious! They capture you and then they force themselves on you and then you have no way out, but to EAT them! There is only one real escape....Never, ever look a cookie in the eye! -- A weight loss group is a great idea, be careful spreading meetings out too far. People get discouraged too easily!

Manda - Thanks for the encouragement on my poor pitiful feet! I am being careful and massaging and icing, and I am becoming very careful about wearing my shoes in the house. The Berks really help! -- Hope your four went wonderfully! Sorry about the two pounds. I have found when I increase my mileage, I have a lot of water weight gain for a while. Hopefully, these things will work themselves out for you!-- I think the good reward jar is something you should work out, but you could always donate for something specific! Like a dollar a pound or a quarter for each thing right and a quarter OUT for each thing wrong! That might be a great way to do it!

Vicky - Oh, my dear! I would be very happy with a .2 lb weight loss! A loss is a loss. You are doing just great. :love:

Maria - THanks so much for the kind words about the 8 miles. You are just the sweetest thing!!!!

AFM -I did the 8 miles. I was listening to the first two lectures on the Old Testament while I walked. I don't know why, but listening or watching something I have never seen before is much better for me. I am dreading the 20 miler, but my DH has suggested we go to Oklahoma City and I can make the loop around a lake and then stay the night in a hotel there and relax in the pool. It almost sounds fun, now! ....almost!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter