WONDER May 20, 2007

Hi, new to this forum. We are on the May 20, 2007 Wonder cuise.
First time cruisers. Very excited!! :thumbsup2 My daughter is in her late teens. Hope she won't get bored.

I'm booked on this cruise too! I'm bringing along my husband, 3 daughters ages 4, 9, & 11, and my husbands parents. This is our first Disney cruise, 2nd cruise ever! I'm very excited....

I've got a question. When is the best time of the day to receive spa tx.? Our kids will want to go on all the excursions, so would you experienced cruisers try for a treatment later on in the day vs. the morning hours? What times does the ship embark on land, and when do we need to board back on the ship? I can't schedule anything until March 6th, but you betcha, I'm going to be on that phone/website first thing in the am!

We are on this cruise too, our 4th Disney cruise...it is myself, DH, and our then to be eight year old boy/girl twins...Can't wait...we cruised once in November too never again, cold, windy, could not dock on Castaway Cay...we spent the day at the Atlantis and the pools are not heated so they were freezing as well. We love to cruise in May!! See you then!!

Hi Everyone. We are on this cruise too. Now that the holidays are over I can pirate: start thinking towards this cruise. I am cruising with my DH, DDs 6 and 1 and DS 4, and my parents.
This will be our first Disney Cruise. Any tips you can pass on to a first timer would be great!
Thanks.

We are on this crusie, too!

It is our first cruise. It will be me, DH, DS (7...just about 8) and DS (4).

We are so excited!!

Hi, my name is Thuy (Twee) and I am a NEWBIE cruiser! I've booked the May 20, 2007 Wonder cruise because I have a 2.5 year old and wanted a cruise experience that would cater to a family (instead of getting dirty looks from people as to why I am on THEIR cruise).

Anyways, I'm still learning about cruising in general. I've never been on a cruise before (not counting ferry boats and trips from Seattle to Vancouver).

ETA: There will be three of us (me, DH, and DS).

Sorry gang. I've decided to be fiscally responsible, so I've postponed this cruise until Sept. 2. Even that will be in question!

However, this will allow me to get my credit card paid off and prepare for our Jan. 2008 7 night cruise that has been booked for a year. I'm sure you all understand!

Gayle

Hello guys!

I'm the one who started this thread last year but I haven't posted in quiet a while. Well, today we are at the 90 day mark!:thumbsup2 :banana: Crazy me got up this morning at 2:45 AM to be able to make Palo & massage ressies at 3:00 AM:surfweb: :eek: Then back to bed only to get back up @ 5:50 am to get ready for work. I think this afternoon I will feel like crashing:rolleyes: . For all the new people on board, welcome, for Gayle, so sorry you can't make this trip:( Hope everyone has a great week. Hopefully I'll be posting more often now!

Hello guys!

I'm the one who started this thread last year but I haven't posted in quiet a while. Well, today we are at the 90 day mark!:thumbsup2 :banana: Crazy me got up this morning at 2:45 AM to be able to make Palo & massage ressies at 3:00 AM:surfweb: :eek: Then back to bed only to get back up @ 5:50 am to get ready for work. I think this afternoon I will feel like crashing:rolleyes: . For all the new people on board, welcome, for Gayle, so sorry you can't make this trip:( Hope everyone has a great week. Hopefully I'll be posting more often now!

You are crazy! But smart. I keep bothering DH to pay off the cruise so that we can book all our stuff and mostly get the kids registered. But since we're juggling some things so that we can put it all on our Disney Visa (to have the rewards, 0%, and shipboard credit) it's taking time. I'm getting so excited!

Hello Mean Queen,
I know how nuts I was getting up so early, I did the same thing last year for our cruise. But it's nice knowing that all that's behind me now with no worries about ressies. By the way, I booked through a travel agent & my last payment was due by Feb. 9. When is your last payment due, isn't it soon? Anyway, it won't be long now!:yay: :banana: :cheer2:

Our last payment was due March 6th. But we paid it all off today, upgraded to a Cat 5 from a Cat 9 and got some great reservations. We're having dinner at Palo's on Monday and a couple's massage on our day at sea. We even got the baby into Flounder's for those times. Now we're just trying to see what excursions would be good for the whole family. We did the Atlantis tour last time, so we don't want to do that again. It's so fun to make plans!

Darn, since I'm a first time cruiser I have to wait until March 6th to book my shore excursions & reservations.....Hope there is still enough room!

I'm sure you'll still be able to book plenty of fun stuff. I just was glad to be able to book the nursery at the same time as my other stuff. All your kids will be in the clubs so you don't have to set times for them.

Wow, guys, our thread is really way behind! Nobody is posting :confused3 . Anybody excited about going on a cruise in 10 weeks :banana: ? Anyone starting to pack or at least getting things together? The time will be here before you know it now:yay:

Ok, I am just starting to get cranked up. Having never been on a cruise before I am not sure of the proper etiquette of when to get excited. :lmao:

I did make my Palo ressies this evening. We will be dining in Palo on Tuesday the 22nd, right on our actual anniversary. Now I am trying do decide if I want to do a spa thingy or not. :confused3

I haven't even began to think about packing. I just figure I have to pack my sport coat for Palo. Can anyone tell me if I should wear a tie? :groom: (please say no:flower3: make it discrete so I can print just the answer and show it to my DW :thumbsup2 ) I still need to call Disney to add the transportation from the airport. I booked my cruise through Southwest, and they didn't give you that option.

So will assume it's ok to get excited now. :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I'm just started to get excited, too!:banana:

I was able to book Palo for dinner on Monday and brunch on Wednesday. I also booked the couples massage on Castaway Cay, but I am not sure about that one! I was nervous about not being able to get what we wanted, but there was alot of availability.

This is our first cruise and I am not sure what to pack. I really have to start thinking about it!:confused3

I know we don't have to have Passports, but has anyone gotten one, or have you done like me, and put it off till now?

They are saying it will take 10 weeks, guess I gotta get them expedited.

We applied for our passports on January 29th. We just appeared in the system this week. They told us we would have them by March 10th, but now they are saying April 23rd!

I wish I expedited them!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest