Wonder - January 21, 2011 The Cruise To Nowhere In Particular..

This was our families first cruise. Not knowing what to expect we were pretty happy. Our main dining was Animator's. We would have liked to see the show and transformation from black and white to color, but I guess that will have to wait. Our servers were great to us and our 4 and 1 year old. On the kids meal my daughter did not like the melon but loves strawberries and grapes. The head waiter went back and brought back her a bowl of strawberries and grapes. Overall, we had fun.

On our 2nd night at dinner, our asst. server spilled an iced tea at my friends daughter's (15 y/o) back, she missed the waiter's flag parade show because she had to go back to the room and change. They keep apologizing to the parents, the head server said usually they would do something special like send them a cheese platter but there's no time to arrange things, my friend just joked and said 'that's ok, you can just give us a certifate for a free cruise'. Our AS is new according to our server, and we can tell cause he's very slow and would always asked us twice what drinks we want and 1 time he didn't even ask DH.

The kids in our group enjoyed the lab and the edge, my son is 10 1/2 and was able to go to the edge with his cousins (DH had to talked to the supervisor at the lab).

Overall for us, it was a good quick cruise (this is our 4th w/DCL), we didn't really expect a lot. We're just happy to be with our friends and family. Though we agree, there should be more buffet after 11pm.... We also ordered room service Sat. night and we didn't get it til about 1am.

Flag parade? I know our waiters in PC wore vests with flags all over them, but other than that, nothing was different from the 1st night.

Flag parade? I know our waiters in PC wore vests with flags all over them, but other than that, nothing was different from the 1st night.

For the main dining anyway in PC, there was a Flag Parade where all of the waiters, servers and head servers did a parade carrying flags from countries represented on the ship. They also carried out the Baked Alaska that was served for dessert.

After the AK season is done, 2 weeks in Vancouver dry dock then another repo. No B@B for the last AK cruisers.

That'll be cool. I'll be back onboard in February so she should still look pretty spiffy. Since I'll be in the exact same cabin as I was, I'll be able to see if they fixed any of the little small things that I thought needed to be addressed in the cabin.

Our bath tub wall paper was peeling, the panel that looks like wood in front of the tub. And the floor tiles needed some help. I noticed sme of the light poles on the pool decks were rusing badly on the bottoms, too. I will be in the same room again in April but after that I don't know when I will see her again. After that it the Dream in November and Fantasy in 2012.

For the main dining anyway in PC, there was a Flag Parade where all of the waiters, servers and head servers did a parade carrying flags from countries represented on the ship. They also carried out the Baked Alaska that was served for dessert.

When was that? How'd we miss it? We were there before the doors open and stayed until after dessert. Was that during the 1st seating? Maybe they didn't do it during the 2nd, which is what we had. I'm confuzled.

I am wondering the same thing, we had the first seating at PC and didn't get this.:confused3

We were also there when the doors opened and stayed through dessert.

When was that? How'd we miss it? We were there before the doors open and stayed until after dessert. Was that during the 1st seating? Maybe they didn't do it during the 2nd, which is what we had. I'm confuzled.

They did have it for the second seating too, but I noticed that half the room was empty, they did it pretty late.

Hey everyone :wave: sorry I didn't make it to any of the meets. It was great meeting some of you around the ship. DH and I had a great time. We didn't have too big of expections for this cruise knowing it was only two days long, so we weren't disappointed with anything. I have never been a big fan of DCL food but thought it was actually better on this ship then on my last cruise on the Magic. We also loved just hanging out in the Outlook Cafe (not on the Magic). I hope Disney does another one of these, it was cheaper than a weekend in DL and way more relaxing.

I am wondering the same thing, we had the first seating at PC and didn't get this.:confused3

We were first seating at PC and they did do this. Do you remember hearing "It's a Small World"? Our table was by the kitchen where they came out so we saw it all...

It was right before dessert. I would say about 7:10 pm. They dimmed the lights a bit and started from the kitchen where the buffet table is and continued on to the back of the room where we were. They had two lines and when the lines reached the back of the room the split off and circle back around again. I can't imagine how anyone could have missed this, especially with the Baked Alaska flaming.

Yes, they had it during the first seating; that's when we had dinner.

It was right before dessert. I would say about 7:10 pm. They dimmed the lights a bit and started from the kitchen where the buffet table is and continued on to the back of the room where we were. They had two lines and when the lines reached the back of the room the split off and circle back around again. I can't imagine how anyone could have missed this, especially with the Baked Alaska flaming.

That explains it, we finished our dessert at about 7:05 PM. I only know because I was looking to see what was going on when we finished eating.

Can't remember if I've checked in since being home or not, so here's a few thoughts.

• Weird getting the tip envelopes the first night.
  • Overlook Cafe is my new FAVORITE spot on the ship. Sure hope they have something similar on the Dream.
  • I hope that the person who stole my Cruise to Neverland magnet makes good use of it. I usually customize with my name or room number, but didn't take the time on this one.
  • Either the food was not as good as I've had on the Magic, or I was just snacking too much poolside to really enjoy my meals.
  • Adult entertainment was lacking. John Charles was on the PC cruise, sure wish he would have stayed on for ours.
  • Was really disappointed at the lack of enforcement on rules - saw bathing suits and bare feet in the buffet, not cleaning hands when entering restaurants, kids in the adult pool, kids in Outlook Cafe. With so many first time cruisers, they probably just were unaware, but it also seems like the cast members didn't care either.

All in all, I would probably do it again, but leave DS at home. He doesn't want to do such a short cruise again. To me, a day on DCL is better than a day at home.

That explains it, we finished our dessert at about 7:05 PM. I only know because I was looking to see what was going on when we finished eating.

Yes, we were checking our watches too, because we wanted to get to one of the games they were doing.

We had second dining at Animator's. There was no flag show there. After we ate, we explored a stairwell we hadn't tried before and ended up down at PC. They were doing the flag parade there. We were a bit disappointed that not only did we not get the color change, but we also didn't get a flag parade. No big deal, but it would have been fun.

You know, reading some of the Trip Reports, I'm scratching my head trying to figure out how some people felt the ship was obnoxiously crowded, but my party felt it was amazingly open and uncrowded. Only crowds I saw all weekend were at the little kids pool and the lines for characters. Other than that, we had all kinds of room to move around and never felt cramped or crowded. Maybe we just randomly happened to time our movements in a way that we avoided everyone else? Weird.

And I had no idea the 2nd dinner was supposed to be semi-formal. Never noticed that on the Navigator. Oh well. My party was there in jeans and t-shirts. Can't say we noticed anyone dressed up.

We had second dining at Animator's. There was no flag show there. After we ate, we explored a stairwell we hadn't tried before and ended up down at PC. They were doing the flag parade there. We were a bit disappointed that not only did we not get the color change, but we also didn't get a flag parade. No big deal, but it would have been fun.

You must have left too soon, because the flag show did indeed occur in AP at the second seating.

We had 2nd seating in Animator's Palate and they did the flag parade as well with the flaming Baked Alaska.

After the AK season is done, 2 weeks in Vancouver dry dock then another repo. No B@B for the last AK cruisers.

We were bummed as we are that cruise!

We filled out an onboard rebooking card to get a quote but didn't hear anything back. Has anyone else who didn't hear back been contacted since they returned home?

You were supposed to hear back from them within 3 days from shoreside..I would called them quickly so that you can get the perks you would have recieved onboard.

That's too bad because we are booked for that last AK cruise. I would love to do a B2B bringing the Wonder back to LA.

We are on that one too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter