Wonder docking at PC >>> NOW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Urgent? I hardly think so, with Covid-19 infections on the rise in over half the country, opening things up especially in FL where the Governor has moved the state to the phase where EVERYTHING can reopen with no restrictions is a recipe for disaster. Starting cruises up NOW is insane. Maybe by the end of the year, but we're on a 2nd PEAK and this is not going to get better unless people stop coming into contact and infecting others.

Up and down infection rates and what Florida chooses to do with their land based businesses has nothing to do with cruising today under updated safety protocols. Enough is enough, it’s time.

Last edited:
The camera is pointing at the Wonder. Looks like the pool screen is playing something. Might drive to PC to see it tomorrow.

Lol when I saw PC I thought you were referring to the Panama Canal. That's why I was wondering if it meant something

DCL has spent the pandemic doing maintenance on the Fantasy, Dream and possibly the Magic.

I know the Wonder had its drydock last year, but they may do something similar again to push back the next scheduled drydock so that they wont be having to take a ship out of service for 2 weeks.

Every cruise will count when cruising resumes, they need the revenue.

Rumour is she'll be joining the others in Brest, France soon for dry dock. That's why they cancelled her dry dock for Sept 2021, because it's been moved up. Rumour has it, anyway :thumbsup2

Also heard this - with the Fantasy moving to off the south coast of the UK anchored at Portland.

Up and down infection rates and what Florida chooses to do with their land based businesses has nothing to do with cruising today under updated safety protocols. Enough is enough, it’s time.
You know Florida is way down the list of things that will impact the resumption. Ports don't want virus carrying Americans. And now Europe is blowing up again. You're right, enough is enough, it's about time we got serious about overcoming covid-19.

I think it's a positive sign that DCL is sending their ships into drydock. They are investing in them and that wouldn't be to sell them off. It's because they want them operational once they get the go-ahead. So this is promising.

You know Florida is way down the list of things that will impact the resumption. Ports don't want virus carrying Americans. And now Europe is blowing up again. You're right, enough is enough, it's about time we got serious about overcoming covid-19.

Agreed, banning cruises is not the answer.

I agree. Cruising is soooooooooooooo far down the list of things that need to even be thinking about resuming, it isn't something to worry about.

So what would you suggest we "worry about" then in a cruising forum?

So what would you suggest we "worry about" then in a cruising forum?
I would suggest we worry about how the industry will be changed by the pandemic when it does resume. Looking right now at college dorms which are lumped in with cruises and nursing homes as similar situations as cruise ships when it comes to illness (lots of people in small quarters) it isn't working. Look at how many Universities attempted in the past few weeks to resume in person instruction, and made it only to the first few days of the dorms being open, not even making it to the first day of instruction because of the massive covid outbreaks. Kind of a warning sign that some pretty major changes have to be made before normal cruise operations can resume.

Will there be medical exams required before you are allowed to board?
If you get sick on a cruise, who pays for your care?
Will the self service buffet go away?
Will ships run at reduced capacity to allow leeway in case of an outbreak?
Will some ports decide the influx of thousands of potentially infected people decide it isn't worth the risk?
Will the fares be impacted as ships potentially fewer passengers and higher operating costs?

We may need the months ahead that cruises aren't operating to figure the future of cruising out.

Last edited:
Well, that's not particularly a "how will things be different" related question. If you get sick on a cruise, and require care, you pay. Typically, your onboard medical costs are charged to your onboard account, and (if you have insurance) you apply for reimbursement from them once back home. I don't see that changing.

Well, that's not particularly a "how will things be different" related question. If you get sick on a cruise, and require care, you pay. Typically, your onboard medical costs are charged to your onboard account, and (if you have insurance) you apply for reimbursement from them once back home. I don't see that changing.
Probably not. HOWEVER, cruise lines "might" have to build in health coverage in the fare to lure back passengers. Sort of like the offers I am getting daily in my e-mail. Tips included, all alcohol included, they are pulling out all stops to get people to book.

I would suggest we worry about how the industry will be changed by the pandemic when it does resume. Looking right now at college dorms which are lumped in with cruises and nursing homes as similar situations as cruise ships when it comes to illness (lots of people in small quarters) it isn't working. Look at how many Universities attempted in the past few weeks to resume in person instruction, and made it only to the first few days of the dorms being open, not even making it to the first day of instruction because of the massive covid outbreaks. Kind of a warning sign that some pretty major changes have to be made before normal cruise operations can resume.

Will there be medical exams required before you are allowed to board?
Will the self service buffet go away?
Will ships run at reduced capacity to allow leeway in case of an outbreak?
Will some ports decide the influx of thousands of potentially infected people decide it isn't worth the risk?
Will the fares be impacted as ships potentially fewer passengers and higher operating costs?

We may need the months ahead that cruises aren't operating to figure the future of cruising out.

I'm pretty sure the major changes in the cruise industry were already released back on 09/21. Almost everything you list has already been addressed. Also, I do not compare cruising to dorms or nursing homes packed with 100% high risk people, sorry. Seeing the Wonder docked at PC makes me hopeful that cruising will resume and rightfully should

I agree. Cruising is soooooooooooooo far down the list of things that need to even be thinking about resuming, it isn't something to worry about.

Why should we go off of your "list of things" that we should or shouldn't be thinking about? Do you go to other forums and tell them how to think or what they should or shouldn’t be thinking about? If you feel we shouldn't come to a cruising forum and think about the resumption of cruising, then you're in luck. There are many non-cruise related Disboard forums you can choose to go to, that way you are not burdened by the thoughts of those who think about things like cruise resumption, that according to you is way down on "the list”. Where is this list of things and who decides what's at the top?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter