Women threw hot burrito bowl....

I left, I got away, and yet, somehow, I got drawn back in.....

In colonial times, the punishment for this crime would have been to be placed in stocks and left in the town center so people could throw spoiled food and used bath water at you....

However, what does it say about working in the fast-food industry if a judge is sentencing someone to work in fast-food as a punishment for a crime??

Think about that!

It's an interesting offer to be sure but I don't think I'd hire her. If she's willing to throw food at people as a customer, is she willing to tamper with their food as an employee? Usually the same people that make bad customers make bad employees too.
I'm actually wondering if people are going to try and find out where she ends up working so that they can throw food at her! Not going to lie, I really hope it happens at least once when she works in the industry so she can experience what that poor employee had to deal with.

I'm wondering who's going to hire her. I certainly wouldn't if I knew why she was applying.

totally assuming here
but I think the judge meant she had to go work in the store where see acted a fool, and for free....
Same thing applies. No chance I'm letting that person work in my store, especially if she did that in my store. Also pretty sure it would be illegal if she worked for free. It would violate federal law.

Same thing applies. No chance I'm letting that person work in my store, especially if she did that in my store. Also pretty sure it would be illegal if she worked for free. It would violate federal law.

Couldn’t she be paid 15 cents an hour, or whatever they get paid in prison?

I left, I got away, and yet, somehow, I got drawn back in.....

In colonial times, the punishment for this crime would have been to be placed in stocks and left in the town center so people could throw spoiled food and used bath water at you....

However, what does it say about working in the fast-food industry if a judge is sentencing someone to work in fast-food as a punishment for a crime??

Think about that!

I don't think it's necessarily supposed to be a "punishment" but more a way to change her perspective. If rehabilitation is the goal, then this is an attempt to do that.

community service, her compensation, is not going to jail.

but yes, I agree, i would have had her trespassed...... the day it happened

That doesn't mean the judge can offer it as an options,

I don't think it's necessarily supposed to be a "punishment" but more a way to change her perspective. If rehabilitation is the goal, then this is an attempt to do that.
You can't fix stupid; if this lady thought that her behavior was acceptable at the time she committed this crime, a slap on the wrist is going to change her behavior.

The reason entitled people like this upstanding member of society think it is ok to do dumb shi....stuff like this is no on ever gets in trouble for it....

She should have gotten jail time...

She needs to be (re-)educated on basic manners and self-control.

Last edited:
You can't fix stupid; if this lady thought that her behavior was acceptable at the time she committed this crime, a slap on the wrist is going to change her behavior.

The reason entitled people like this upstanding member of society think it is ok to do dumb shi....stuff like this is no on ever gets in trouble for it....

She should have gotten jail time...

She needs to be (re-)educated on basic manners and self-control.
To be clear, the woman is still getting jail time, even if she takes the deal. The offer from the judge to work in a fast food restaurant would lessen her jail time from 90 days to 30 days.

To be clear, the woman is still getting jail time, even if she takes the deal. The offer from the judge to work in a fast food restaurant would lessen her jail time from 90 days to 30 days.
Yes, reduced from the 180 days in jail and 1000 dollar fine she could have faced....

But, Ill as again: what does that sentence say to all the fast food employees,

"Your job sucks so bad it is worse than 60 days in jail". ?

I guess that is one way to tell people not to make Mcdonald's a career move

Yes, reduced from the 180 days in jail and 1000 dollar fine she could have faced....

But, Ill as again: what does that sentence say to all the fast food employees,

"Your job sucks so bad it is worse than 60 days in jail". ?

I guess that is one way to tell people not to make Mcdonald's a career move
I agree with others - it's just one of those "walk in another's footsteps" sort of deals.

I'm not a big fan, however, of judges who come up with these creative punishments - there's times when I think it's more for publicity than justice.

I would say both are equally disturbing wouldn't you think? But they are two separate situations.

Remarking that one adult woman was charged with assault when you've been assaulted, by minors I might add as IIRC it's younger kids you deal with (which is important from a legal standpoint), does not somehow make hers less important or yours less important either but they are different. One is the legal system, one is policy rules.

I assume your district has a code of conduct correct? So if you've been intentionally punched in the district that my house is in that would be a Class III Offense which requires law enforcement to be called IF there is a determination of potential criminal conduct. For elementary ages students a Class III Offense does not carry a consequence of expulsion but can carry ISS, short and long term OSS. A 6 year old punching a staff member is not acceptable but is unlikely to have action that rises to criminal conduct in I mean purely guessing but probably all jurisdictions because they are 6.

I guess if you want you could take your school district to court if you feel they are lapsing in adherence to their own rules. That's happened here and some parents have won albeit most were related to legally protected things like IEP or 504 failures.
The district probably does have a code of conduct but isn't following it. Instead of following their own policies, the districts are turning a blind eye against attacks on staff members. It's happening all over the country. It's one of the main reasons teachers are leaving the profession.

When school districts flat out tell a teacher she that her being shot is a hazard of the job and is only entitled to workman's compensation and can't sue the district because she should expect to be shot by a 6th grader, we have issues.

A teacher can file a grievance against the district for not following their own written policies, but that teacher will be out of a job if they sneeze wrong.

It's not even like she had a bad day and made a really bad mistake etc. From an article:

>>>"She apologized to Russell in court, but said she was not happy with the way her food was prepared, FOX 8 reported.

'If I showed you how my food looked and how my food looked a week later from that same restaurant, it's disgusting looking,' Hayne said."<<<

She's got issues.

The district probably does have a code of conduct but isn't following it. Instead of following their own policies, the districts are turning a blind eye against attacks on staff members. It's happening all over the country. It's one of the main reasons teachers are leaving the profession.

When school districts flat out tell a teacher she that her being shot is a hazard of the job and is only entitled to workman's compensation and can't sue the district because she should expect to be shot by a 6th grader, we have issues.

A teacher can file a grievance against the district for not following their own written policies, but that teacher will be out of a job if they sneeze wrong.
I assumed as much which is why I put in my last statement about taking the district to court. But the issue is with the district and has zero to do with this case about this woman.

And I understand what the PP was talking about, I've spoken about my aunt who was an elementary school teacher for more than 40 years prior to retiring in 2019 and her experiences but again they are at the district level. One teacher locally even resigned in a very public manner of an open forum board meeting which went viral. Stories both locally and nationally regarding lawsuits filed against school district (one local suit just finished the jury trial in early November).

And if you find yourself out of a job filing a wrongful termination suit is possible as well.

At the end of the day that PP has understandable stressors but to post their comment on this thread saying "she gets her day in court but I don't" is inappropriate. We wouldn't want the police to not adhere to the law because a poster is experiencing issues with their employment. They just aren't related. Maybe the poster can start a new thread regarding stories to empower them to speak out against the workplace conditions they are in? IDK it's an option.

I agree with others - it's just one of those "walk in another's footsteps" sort of deals.

I'm not a big fan, however, of judges who come up with these creative punishments - there's times when I think it's more for publicity than justice.
I guess I’m more of the walk in the victims shoes….

I’m tired of petty crimes,
And I’m tired of entitled people…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter