Willie Mays, RIP age 93

FYI, some of the San Francisco TV stations are doing extended coverage of this sad story. Their news feeds are available on their websites, Roku, etc.

I used to go to the Giants games often with my father.
He was one of the greats. Such memories.
RIP Willie (that was my father's name also)

As a San Francisco Giants fan, I can say today is a sad day. Prayers out to his family and those that loved him.

As a San Francisco Giants fan, I can say today is a sad day. Prayers out to his family and those that loved him.
With great sadness and very poignantly,MLB will be holding the Tribute To The Negro Leagues game Thursday night from Rickwood Field in Birmingham,Alabama between San Francisco and St. Louis.

Willie was a big reason Rickwood Field was chosen for the tribute as that was where he started his career with the Birmingham Black Barons.

MANY think he is the greatest Baseball Player ever PERIOD.

From the MLB Commisioner:

“Thursday’s game at historic Rickwood Field was designed to be a celebration of Willie Mays and his peers. With sadness in our hearts, it will now also serve as a national remembrance of an American who will forever remain on the short list of the most impactful individuals our great game has ever known.”
1718765237961.png

Last edited:
My dad was a fan, and I have some fond memories of him talking about Willie Mays. RIP.

All around, the greatest to ever play the game. I was pretty fortunate that I got to watch Willie and Hank growing up.

My radio guys shared a wonderful story today, said that Willie always wore a hat 1 size to big, just so as he was running it would fly off. He knew that sports like baseball was and still is an entertainment business. He knew his hat flying off made him look fast and got the fans exited. Smart man, amazing man and true hall of fame class act. He was before my time, my baseball hero was Nolan Ryan, but I loved reading about Willie.

With great sadness and very poignantly,MLB will be holding the Tribute To The Negro Leagues game Thursday night from Rickwood Field in Birmingham,Alabama between San Francisco and St. Louis.
Thursday's game will air on Fox and begins at 7:00 EDT. The pregame show starts at 5:30.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter