Will a restaurant seat you if you have less ppl than your ADR was for?

jliucci

Mouseketeer
Hello,

Vacationed at Disney many times, but in April we will be traveling with my sister and her family for the first time. My niece will be 2 at the time and my fear is that my sister may want to bail on a dinner if my niece isn't up to it. Will my family of 4 still be seated, or do we all miss out? How does this work?

Thank you :)

Yeah, not a problem. I've showed up with 4 instead of 7 in a similar situation (I made ADRs when I wasn't sure if my sister's family was coming or not, forgot to update the numbers once we knew they weren't).

Hello,

Vacationed at Disney many times, but in April we will be traveling with my sister and her family for the first time. My niece will be 2 at the time and my fear is that my sister may want to bail on a dinner if my niece isn't up to it. Will my family of 4 still be seated, or do we all miss out? How does this work?

Yes, you will be seated. And, as long as one person shows up, there will be no penalty.

Fireworks packages are prepaid. There are no refunds or adjustments if you have fewer people dining then reserved (prepaid)

Hello,

as long as it is not a prepaid ressie. might get money back but most likely not. you will still be seated but you will still have paid for them

Just FYI, blanket statements that you don’t get a refund for prepaid meals are NOT true. I know the OP didn’t ask about CRT specifically, but it is a prepaid meal. And yes, you WILL get a refund there if you have less people than your ADR is for. We have had to do this before, the hostess & server were both very casual about it, we had no issues at all. The server just said when she runs the bill at the end of the meal she would process the refund. It was already showing up on our credit card account when I checked the next day.

We also had an ADR for 4 for a Candlelight Processional package just last month. Our son & DIL were not able to attend, so there were only 2 of us. We were not penalized or charged for them in any way. We paid for just the 2 of us.

Last edited:
Just FYI, blanket statements that you don’t get a refund for prepaid meals are NOT true. I know the OP didn’t ask about CRT specifically, but it is a prepaid meal. And yes, you WILL get a refund there if you have less people than your ADR is for. We have had to do this before, the hostess & server were both very casual about it, we had no issues at all. The server just said when she runs the bill at the end of the meal she would process the refund. It was already showing up on our credit card account when I checked the next day.

We also had an ADR for 4 for a Candlelight Processional package just last month. Our son & DIL were not able to attend, so there were only 2 of us. We were not penalized or charged for them in any way. We paid for just the 2 of us.
that refund depends on bank as ours took 3 business days to appear so it was like we still paid even if we did get refunded

that refund depends on bank as ours took 3 business days to appear so it was like we still paid even if we did get refunded

If it’s a prepaid meal which CRT, you paid when you booked. But you get a refund if you have less diners than you booked for. My point was you don’t get penalized an all.. you’re not charged a no show fee or full price for less people as other posters implied with all prepaid meals. Not sure I understand how getting a refund is like you still paid, just because it takes your bank a few days to process it. Eventually you got your money back & only paid for the number of people who actually dined there.

Hi Jumping on with a similar question, specifically for CRT, which I know is prepaid. Our trip is May 26-June 2 and my SIL is joining... at some point. It's unlikely she will have her travel plans nailed down by the time ADRs open, so if I go ahead and make reservations and prepay for CRT with her included, and then in April, or early May, she decides she won't be there on the day we go to CRT, can I call and have them amend the reservation to one less? And get the money back?

Hi Jumping on with a similar question, specifically for CRT, which I know is prepaid. Our trip is May 26-June 2 and my SIL is joining... at some point. It's unlikely she will have her travel plans nailed down by the time ADRs open, so if I go ahead and make reservations and prepay for CRT with her included, and then in April, or early May, she decides she won't be there on the day we go to CRT, can I call and have them amend the reservation to one less? And get the money back?

Yes, you can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter