Why would anybody name this...

SueInBoston

DIS Veteran
I received a baby expecting goody box in the mail, in it was a beautiful picture of the expecting parents, a small box of fancy chocolate, a EOS lip balm ball made to look like a pacifier, a packet of gourmet hot chocolate and this:

And I thought it was a coffee/drink flavoring syrup. IT IS A HAND SANITIZER! :oops:

I received a baby expecting goody box in the mail, in it was a beautiful picture of the expecting parents, a small box of fancy chocolate, a EOS lip balm ball made to look like a pacifier, a packet of gourmet hot chocolate and this:
View attachment 540782

And I thought it was a coffee/drink flavoring syrup. IT IS A HAND SANITIZER! :oops:
I take it you’ve never used a Bath and Body Works hand sanitizer before. That’s how they’re packaged and they always have fun names, and a lot are food related as that’s what they smell like. Their soaps, body washes, lotions, etc all are named the same things as well.

I love those pocket bac's from B&B.
Food scents are some of my favourites.
I've got Gingerbread and candy apple on the go right now. :)

View attachment 540782

I think we're all overlooking the fact that the expecting parents sent out a goodie bag. What exactly is the point? Is this a thing now? Am I the only one who thinks its weird?

As others have said, it looks like the kind of hand sanitizer that Bath and Body Works sells. My daughters love the variety of scents they sell.

I think we're all overlooking the fact that the expecting parents sent out a goodie bag. What exactly is the point? Is this a thing now? Am I the only one who thinks its weird?
I took it as the OP was expecting? If not and it’s the people who gave it out then yeah, that’s weird. Unless is was meant as favors for a party that got canceled.

I’ve never heard of it either, but I think the hand sanitizer was the best gift in the goody box, since it’s a gift for expectant parents? Or maybe not? I just reread and I’m confused too. Lol.

Last edited:
I do find the content of this goodie bag weird. In my country expecting parents can register for 'a happy box' (literal translation) at the most well known baby store. And it's filled with practical gifts, mainly aimed at first time parents. Lots of information & flyers about what to expect and how to handle, coupons for several baby-related stores, diapers, pacifier, baby socks, a rattle, baby oil. And the only thing for the parents are 2 cans of 0% alcohol beer :P

It exists since the 70s.

I also recognized the Bath & Body Works hand sanitizer.

I also agree that the expectant parents goodie box is odd and was wondering if it was *for* expectant parents or *from* the expectant parents (since it included a photo of the expectant parents, I'm assuming it's FROM them.) If that's the case, I wonder if these were "favors" for a planned in-person shower that has since been canceled/moved to virtual. For an in-person party, I can definitely see providing each attendee with some hand sanitizer as a nice option.

But, either way, I'm glad the OP didn't try to drink it.

Thanks for the clarification, I don't shop at Bath & Body Works, so not familiar with this type of products. This was sent to me from the expecting parents, I was confused at first but thought this is a new trend like those gender revealing parties. I'm guessing a virtual baby shower invite is probably coming.

I don't think it's weird at all. Different, but not weird. It's nice that the couple decided to give their family and friends little gifts with the announcement.

I like this a heck of a lot better than the gift grab/look at me current trend of baby showers and gender revels.

I don't think it's weird at all. Different, but not weird. It's nice that the couple decided to give their family and friends little gifts with the announcement.

I like this a heck of a lot better than the gift grab/look at me current trend of baby showers and gender revels.

You don’t think sending a photo of the expecting couple screams look at me?

The interestingly scented hand sanitizer is the most normal thing about this to me!
I find it odd as well - I hope it's not a thing now.
Well, there are at least 2 of us who find it weird!

I was confused with the OP too. As for the hand gel, nice idea but not a scent I’d like. IMO, pumpkin scented/flavored anything is so overdone lately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter