Why would anybody name this...

I think we're all overlooking the fact that the expecting parents sent out a goodie bag. What exactly is the point? Is this a thing now? Am I the only one who thinks its weird?

I'm assuming the package was the sort of thing that would have been a Goody bag if there had been a shower. I have gotten B&BW hand sanitizer as party favors at baby showers several times.

Yeah. Finger lickin good! Lol.
I am not a big fan of food-scented toiletries of any kind and I avoid them when I can, but your comment reminded of a cute memory. I was on a plane once with a mom and little daughter right across the aisle from me. I put on some rootbeer-flavoured Lip Smacker and the little girl said "Something smells yummy, can I have a bite?" :laughing:

No, because I don't view family photos and the same as attention seeking gender revels.

Agreed, but it doesn’t sound like the expecting couple is related to the OP. At least, I didn’t sense that from what’s been written, unless I missed a post.

I like it when a hand sanitizer or candle or whatever has a descriptive smell, food-related or not. I order a lot of this type of stuff online and it saves the hassle of returning scents I don't care for.

I took it as the OP was expecting? If not and it’s the people who gave it out then yeah, that’s weird. Unless is was meant as favors for a party that got canceled.
I went back and read it and it says it’s from the expecting parents. Still doesn’t explain why they did it.

I think we're all overlooking the fact that the expecting parents sent out a goodie bag. What exactly is the point? Is this a thing now? Am I the only one who thinks its weird?

LOL, I knew what the picture was immediately but I totally missed that it was the expecting parents who sent it. I thought the OP received it because she was expecting

I take it you’ve never used a Bath and Body Works hand sanitizer before. That’s how they’re packaged and they always have fun names, and a lot are food related as that’s what they smell like. Their soaps, body washes, lotions, etc all are named the same things as well.
And they will until someone drinks it and the family sues because of misleading labeling. Remember there is a note on electric hair dryers that say not to use it in the shower. We are not a very bright nation.

And I thought it was a coffee/drink flavoring syrup. IT IS A HAND SANITIZER! :oops:

taste-like-burning.gif

And they will until someone drinks it and the family sues because of misleading labeling. Remember there is a note on electric hair dryers that say not to use it in the shower. We are not a very bright nation.

I agree or there are concerns about someone bringing a lawsuit. Part of the reason ladders have all those 'you might get injured if you fall' labels.............LOL. I can see a small child finding that and trying to drink it. Should be labeled more clearly as 'hand sanitizer'. I do think it is a bit strange for the couple who is expecting to be sending out gifts to people. Is this something new? Assume they will expect a baby gift once baby is born?

Last edited:
But, they’ve been selling these things for at least a decade, if not longer. They used to be packaged in different bottles, but the current bottles have been in place for 6 or so years.

Right below the scent name it says, "Anti-bacterial hand gel with essential oils". How much clearer can it get?
Dryers have electric cords. Water and electricity is universally known not to mix. Yet, there needed to be a sign telling them not to use it in the shower. No one ever went wrong underestimating the intelligence of the 'Murican public.

It’s because people don’t read labels and assume it is something else as the OP did. Not everyone might know of this product and assume it is food by just reading part of the label.

One time our mall had a give away prize thing on a wheel and people would get what looked like a lip balm but was really something to put on your stomach I think or maybe a headache. Definitely not to be put on your lips.

We don't have such a thing here, seems like an roundabout way to ask for gifts, kinda like a gender reveal party.
How many gifts are expected for having a child?
I also don't get having a baby shower for every child, another gift grab.
IMHO.
The hand sanitizer was pretty well labeled, everthing now has a 'flavor' no matter what it is. This has been going on for awhile.....😊.

It’s because people don’t read labels and assume it is something else as the OP did. Not everyone might know of this product and assume it is food by just reading part of the label.

We also live in a very diverse multi-cultural society here in the U.S., so English is not everyone's first language for reading. And some people here are just illiterate. Decades ago, I remember hearing that some illiterate people were accidentally buying and eating dog food, as they could only look at the photos on packaging and go by that, as to what's in the package. They though those dog food cans contained beef stew for human consumption. That's when dog food manufacturers started putting an image of a dog on their all their products.

I can read & write. Yet, I don't go into Bath & Body Works as I'm not into scented products. Like the OP, if I was given an item, out of the context from the place which it is sold, I would look at the photo on the package and quickly skim over the the large words on the label. Which is what I did. I thought at first, maybe she was talking about not liking marshmallow pumpkin latte and why would her friends send that flavor to her? It wasn't until the second post where that poster mentioned it's from Bath and Body Works and is a hand sanitizer that I realized what it is.

I most likely wouldn't look at the full label until I was about to pour some into my coffee and decide to actually read how much to put in, and instead read, something like, "Place a small amount in the hands and rub hands together vigorously. Let hands air dry," that I realize, "Oh! This is hand sanitizer!" :blush:

Last edited:
I sell things on Facebook Marketplace. I try to be VERY descriptive. The amount of people who just don’t read boggles the mind. I even go back over my listings to see if could be misconstrued. People are morons.

Dryers have electric cords. Water and electricity is universally known not to mix. Yet, there needed to be a sign telling them not to use it in the shower. No one ever went wrong underestimating the intelligence of the 'Murican public.

The self-depracation comments of being an American is getting a bit old. There are people in every country that do dumb things (I'm sure even you have done something dumb once). America is a fabulous country with some faults like any other country but it is still a great place to live.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter