Why all the love for the Garden Grill breakfast??

ErinsMommy

She believed she could, so she did
Other than the characters (my daughter LOVES Chip & Dale), I can't ever seem to talk DH into going. One day I'm just going to make a reservation there and he'll have to live with it, but I've read so many positive reviews about it, my curiousity is peaked.

I've only been once, and I can't compare it to most of the other character meals, but there are several factors as to why DH and I loved it:

-The location - right next to Soarin' if you get a PPO or even as the park is opening time
-The characters - great interaction and the characters came by to visit several times
-The food - standard breakfast food but it was all cooked well and came out quickly
-The atmosphere - the rotating restaurant is neat and we loved how private our table felt.

So many reasons! The food is really good and served family style, which I prefer over buffet. The character interaction is really fun. It's a smaller venue so the characters tend to spend more time at each table. It also has the unique feature of rotating slowly and views of Living with the Land. Finally, if you can get PPO you get the Soarin advantage.

thank you all - can anyone please tell me what's part of the breakfast platter your served? thanks again!

The food was so fresh. I swear it was the best fresh fruit we've ever had on property. Bacon was cooked to perfection. Chocolate sauce for Mickey waffles!!! Hot and strong coffee. We love it!! No need to get up and jockey for position at the buffet.

I would like to add a question about the PPO aspect....

So far my GG ADR is 8:40 on a 9:00 park opening day. (I will continue to seek an earlier time.) I plan to get there earlier (8?) and hope to be seated before 8:40. What are the chances of getting seated and served quickly AND seeing Chip & Dale and still having a line advantage for Soarin'???

I should mention that we are a party of 4 and have TT FP+ for that day. Also, I have gotten myself so excited about experiencing GG again (haven't been since our first trip in 2008!), that I wouldn't necessarily cancel it if the Soarin' advantage isn't a sure bet.

thank you all - can anyone please tell me what's part of the breakfast platter your served? thanks again!

First you get a GIANT cinnamon roll in what looks like a cast iron skillet and a bowl of fruit. Then the platter comes out with scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, Mickey waffles, and tater tots. Warm syrup and warm Nutella comes with the waffles. Then there's the POG or Jungle juice on the menu too. My son couldn't decide which drink he wanted, so the server brought him the POG, Cranberry juice, and choc milk all in their own huge mason jar glasses.

I would like to add a question about the PPO aspect....

So far my GG ADR is 8:40 on a 9:00 park opening day. (I will continue to seek an earlier time.) I plan to get there earlier (8?) and hope to be seated before 8:40. What are the chances of getting seated and served quickly AND seeing Chip & Dale and still having a line advantage for Soarin'???

I should mention that we are a party of 4 and have TT FP+ for that day. Also, I have gotten myself so excited about experiencing GG again (haven't been since our first trip in 2008!), that I wouldn't necessarily cancel it if the Soarin' advantage isn't a sure bet.

We had an 8:25 and were able to get in and be seated right around 8. Although you may not be seated right at 8, I would guess that it would be close after. By 8:40 we had seat each character twice and had finished eating. Soarin' opened around 8:50. It was perfect! Definitely a must do for all of our future trips!

What does PPO stand for? I get the gist but I can't figure out wording. Lol

I have an 8:20am for 5 people at GG. Assuming we can eat and be out of there before park opening, can we just walk over to Soarin and get in line? Do they let you wander around the park before opening?

I loved Garden Grill breakfast! The food was really good and the characters very sweet. We had a later breakfast I think so did some stuff in Epcot then went to eat.

We had an 8:25 and were able to get in and be seated right around 8. Although you may not be seated right at 8, I would guess that it would be close after. By 8:40 we had seat each character twice and had finished eating. Soarin' opened around 8:50. It was perfect! Definitely a must do for all of our future trips!

Thank you! I am looking forward to it even more now! (Don't worry...I know things don't always go as planned. And I am going to keep trying to get an earlier slot )

My favorite breakfast in WDW. I disagree with a previous poster that it's standard breakfast fare. It's so good, especially the cinnamon buns and tater tots. Plus characters, a totally uncrowded restaurant, Soarin access, it's a must do.

What does PPO stand for? I get the gist but I can't figure out wording. Lol

I have an 8:20am for 5 people at GG. Assuming we can eat and be out of there before park opening, can we just walk over to Soarin and get in line? Do they let you wander around the park before opening?
Soarin is in the same building as GG

We ate there for the first time (breakfast) last year. I too read many positive reviews and now that my children are all teens or older, I felt it would be OK to skip our beloved Akershus and book GG. Our reservation was at 8. We stayed at the YC, so we were able to enter through the IG and get great photos during our trek to the front of the park.

We didnt wait long before being seated and I was super excited to get the rotating bottom level. Although nothing terrible, I didnt see the big deal. Our "view" was mostly rocks and about 2 minutes of plants. There is certainly much better themes at other restaurants. Food was OK, though I prefer many other breakfast locations. Actually, thinking about it, this is probably my least favorite food wise...not that it was bad..just eh...

The big highlight was we left around 8:50am (park opening at 9) and we were able to get in line for Soarin' immediately. We went on the first ride of the day and by the time we got out, it ws only a 15 minute wait, so we went on again!! That was worth it!!!

Will I go again? Probably, but only for the Soarin and PPO photo ops. If you dont have a really early reservation, I wouldnt worry about never going. Its a nice place, but not a must for me. Lunch/Dinner may be different better.

upload_2018-2-23_20-35-12.png

upload_2018-2-23_20-35-54.png

17761119_1303976639637429_1056318697719352267_o.jpg

I like the cinnamon roll, the scrambled eggs, and the views of the ride below as the restaurant slowly rotates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter