Who was the first band or musician you were into? Do you still like them?

Osmonds and yes - went to a Donny & Marie concert three nights ago!

Madonna, when I was young I was into Madonna everything. I was a Madonna maniac. If my parents would have let me, I would have dressed like Madonna :rotfl2: I guess my interest started fading after I saw "Truth or Dare" back in the early 90s. I was like :confused::eek:

Now... yea I still listen to her stuff occasionally and still really like her older stuff. Some of her "newer" stuff is pretty good. However, it seems as if she is just way too "out there".

Grew up in the 80's and though I listened to hair metal just as everyone else did, I was more into late 60's early 70's and Led Zepplin was one I listened to all the time. But to actually get to the music/band I got "into", well that started admittingly when I was in an altered state of mind and someone said, "dude, you've got to hear this" and Comfortably Numb was played for me.

Ever since, every music device I have has been mostly filled with Pink Floyd and David Gilmour. Back when Sony came out with the first multi-disc CD changer in the car, it was filled with 10 Floyd CD's (those were altered state of mind years.) Every mp3 player I had was full of Floyd. All my phones I've had all filled mostly with Floyd.

I love guitars and Gilmour in my opinion is the ultimate god of electric guitar. Back then in the 80's when I heard Comfortably Numb solo for the first time I said I would learn to play that on the guitar some day. Well, I have a guitar that I noodle around on and pretty much play only David Gilmour, but I have never played Comfortably Numb. I figure if I learn to play that, my playing guitar would be complete.

I'd Billy Joel & Bruce Springsteen. I hear them on the radio, but I don't play their music anymore. Since my DH is a Billy Joel fan, we see him once a year at Madison Square Garden. We were at the 100th show last week so we were treated to seeing Springsteen play with him for a couple of songs (which happened to be my favorites!). I used to go to Springsteen shows until he got way more political than I can tolerate at a rock concert.

Bon Jovi! Loved them since the pre-Slippery When Wet days. Still love them today -- though I no longer see the band live since Richie left. Bon Jovi without Richie is not Bon Jovi.

While I still enjoy MANY of the oldies from my youth, I can honestly say I haven't kept up with listening to my very favorite first "Sugar, Sugar" by "The Archies" in a long time!

The Beatles were first real group I was into and still really love. But I can also relate to the Patridge Family and the Monkees being a young kid at the time they were on and loving their shows and the songs. Then as a teen some of my first albums were Cat Stevens, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Doobie Brothers (Captain and Me), Fleetwood Mac, Bruce Springsteen, Rolling Stones. But there were honestly just too many to mention. Loved it all the pop groups, even much of the disco was fun and upbeat. There was so much great music back in those days. What the heck happened lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter