Who feels like a Thread-Killer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted some of my favorite memories in another thread....here's another...

December 9, 1985

We went to Fort Wilderness....me, DW.... 2 DS's...DD...DMIL & DFIL.....we were in the 100 loop....

well....this fateful day had been set aside as a day to enjoy Fort Wilderness....one of our planned activities was to rent canoes and float/paddle the afternoon away....

DMIL & DFIL opted to stay in the RV....so the rest of us caught a FW bus and went to the canoe renting place by the Meadows....

we got 2 canoes....DW & Oldest DS in one....me, DD and youngest DS in the other....

things were fine...until DD....who is deathly afraid of alligators and crocodiles....spied a log in the water....she started screamng...

"ALLIGATOR!!"

...only louder than that.....

and in her panic..flipped our canoe over....

"SPLASH!!!!"

Well...while I righted the canoe....and youngest DS retrieved the oars....DD swam for he other canoe....who wisely paddled out of reach lest she flip them over as well...

in the meantime....the folks at the canoe rental heard her screams....hopped on a golf cart...and came to see if we were OK...assured that we were fine...they drove off...

we could hear them laughing for a long time....

well...this pretty much put the kibosh on the canoeing....so we returned the canoes....

we also found out that those of us that got the soaker reeked....and made squishing sounds when we walked....

well....I knew I was in a hurry to shower...but smelling as bad as I did.....still drippng...and making squishing noises....I also knew a return on the bus was out of the question....so...we walked back to the 100 loop.......

"SQUISH! SQUISH! SQUISH!"
was all i could hear....wait...correction.......that and DW & Oldest DS laughing was all i could hear....

anyway...the squishes were loud enough that DMIL & DFIL heard us well before we got back to the RV....

so....if you have occassion to see WishingStar the 'fraidy cat....and want to yell "Gator" at her....you have my blessing.... :D

Originally posted by Brer_Papa
so....if you have occassion to see WishingStar the 'fraidy cat....and want to yell "Gator" at her....you have my blessing.... :D
That's hysterical!!! :rotfl: I don't think I'll be making fun of her tho since I had a similar experience as a young girl with some fire logs and a spider AND a snake! :scared1:

:wave2: everyone!

Originally posted by KimRaye
That's hysterical!!! :rotfl: I don't think I'll be making fun of her tho since I had a similar experience as a young girl with some fire logs and a spider AND a snake! :scared1:

:wave2: everyone!

Yeah.....but I owe her big time for the smelly soaker and the squishing sounds....

(whew....good thing I don't lisp...)

anyway....i still bide my time......

Fire logs, spiders and a snake? OH MY!

HI Kim! :wave:

Originally posted by Cruisin'Kroezes
Now that would be really mean to do that to WishingStar:teeth:

Ahoy Crusin' :boat: !

It would? Dang! Well, that kind of thinking might disrupt my plans for the December 9, 2005 20th Anniversary Surprise Soaker Reunion Soiree I was planning for her :jester: ....DANG!

Hi Stepharoonie :fish:!

OOPS!

Hi Stepharoonie :wave2: !

:rotfl: Aw, what the heck, Brer_Papa, just go for it.

You will have to live with her afterwards, not us. ::yes::

Originally posted by Brer_Papa
Yeah, well, the worst part was that this all occurred in my parents old Ford station wagon! No where to run!!! :scared:

:teeth:

Originally posted by KimRaye
Yeah, well, the worst part was that this all occurred in my parents old Ford station wagon! No where to run!!! :scared:

:teeth:

Ford Station wagon? Pop had a Ford Station wagon....a 1959.....yellow & white...

but...no fire logs...no spiders....no snakes....

nowhere to run?

....and? :)

Originally posted by Cruisin'Kroezes
:rotfl: Aw, what the heck, Brer_Papa, just go for it.

You will have to live with her afterwards, not us. ::yes::
OK! The plan is back on! :jumping1:

Hmmm...if she starts showing up wearing goggles, swim fins and a wet suit....I'll now she eavesdrops on the Thread-Killer Thread....hmmmmm

pirate: "Aaaargh!"

A snapshot I found googling "The Beatles"....

:cool1: :rockband: :happy2: :wave:

Who is that waving the can of tuna in the front row?

Has anybody sung this song?

"This is the dawning of the age of aquarium :fish: :fish: ...

the age of aquarium :fish: :fish:

the age of aquar-eeeeee-umm :fish: :fish:...."

.....just wondering.... :)

octo2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter